AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming without a mic?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2017
Hey ladies I'm Erik, new model over on CB and I wanted to ask you vets about something that was on my mind recently. Forgive me if this has been a topic of discussion before, I searched and didn't see anything about it so I figured I'd ask.

So I'm in a tough situation. I cam from my room, in the mornings, but just outside my door are my parents and I don't want them to hear me so I cam without a mic.

Obviously this means no chatting via my voice, no moaning when I have the Lush in, no sounds when I spank my bottom.

I was wondering, does anyone else here suffer from this situation? Are you still able to make money?

I don't know if this is really hurting me because I have days where I do alright despite having no mic, and other days where I might as well have stayed offline. I'm not sure what I should do.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

-EO

There are a lot of models who don't chat with their members, especially ones whose first language isn't English. Some models avoid having a dead silent room (which you should avoid) by streaming music directly into their feed using something like Manycam. It's not ideal, but it's better than having no sound at all. As for the variability of sessions: yeah, that'll happen no matter what.

I actually wanted to incorporate some music via Chaturbate's new OBS integration but it was very distorted. I might give Manycam a try instead. Thanks for the feedback.

Some models will further take advantage of having family around by working the "ooh, family's here, I have to be quiet and do sneaky shows!" angle. Some members go nuts for it, others are neutral, so you don't have to do that kind of show if you don't want to, but it's an option.

Indeed. Its tough for me to even do that though because they're literally SO close lol. And they have what I like to call "bionic hearing". Its a thought though. Thanks!

I would have your mic on even if you don't want to talk

As Saffon said people will get a kick out of knowing why you have to be quiet

I think it spoils the atmosphere of a room entirely if there's no sound or just streamed music

I think this situation would be a decent sales point to push for videos. When they aren't there, you can make videos that have sound and just get wild with it. :)

That's a really good idea.

I would have your mic on even if you don't want to talk

As Saffon said people will get a kick out of knowing why you have to be quiet

I think it spoils the atmosphere of a room entirely if there's no sound or just streamed music

I actually tried streaming the music today, people didn't like it. No viewers. Minute I turned it off people started coming in. Not sure if that was just coincidence though.

have you thought about getting your own place? the added interaction with using a mic may bring in enough to supplement your rent especially with the lush working for you. im not sure of your motivations or how far your trying to go but eventually youll want your own space either way

have you thought about getting your own place? the added interaction with using a mic may bring in enough to supplement your rent especially with the lush working for you. im not sure of your motivations or how far your trying to go but eventually youll want your own space either way

Absolutely, but its not an option right now. I'm camming out of financial hardship so as soon as I can afford my own place I absolutely will move.

Maybe a Throat Viberate Mic?

These are the mics that covert ops use. They don't pick up environmental noise. Supposably they pick up your speaking at a soft whisper.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ErikOdyssey
Maybe a Throat Viberate Mic?

These are the mics that covert ops use. They don't pick up environmental noise. Supposably they pick up your speaking at a soft whisper.

That's actually not a bad idea. I've seen like small wireless mics that attach over your ear. That might be a solution.

Throat mic. They run the gamut from Mil-spec down to Mall-spec in quality/price.

Edit: Oops, I see Lelo1 mentioned this already. Yeah they have pickups that rest on your throat to sense the vibrations directly.

If you know any one who owns a motorcycle; they might have a throat mic you can try.

Lol I don't. I've temporarily solved the problem with a wireless keyboard though. Seemed to help today. I was able to respond faster and be more chatty.

I was in a similar situation to OP when I started camming but I always just typed to chat, played music, etc.
I wouldn't necessarily turn off your mic or even opt for just music. The sound of you typing and just rustling around is what makes camming interactive and real.

I was in the same situation before I retired. I always worried about my parents or brothers calling me from outside my door and members hearing my real name. One time my mom heard me "talking" (I was camming at 3 am and thought everyone else in the house was asleep) and so she called my name and walked in on me while I was fully naked and it was actually the worst thing ever.

I was in the same situation before I retired. I always worried about my parents or brothers calling me from outside my door and members hearing my real name. One time my mom heard me "talking" (I was camming at 3 am and thought everyone else in the house was asleep) and so she called my name and walked in on me while I was fully naked and it was actually the worst thing ever.

Brutal... I actually lock my door and tell them that I'm streaming on Twitch so don't bother me haha. Doesn't matter though. These days no one even comes into my room for me TO talk to lol...

I'm about ready to hang it up myself.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Tracerhead
Status
Not open for further replies.