AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming Without Interactive Toys

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randi

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 1, 2016
Canada
Twitter Username
@polecougarrandi
Streamate Username
polecougarrandi
Chaturbate Username
polecougarrandi
Does anyone else cam without the benefit of interactive toys, esp. on Chaturbate and similar format sites?

I've been on CB since Oct 16, and it has been going well. Getting more regulars and learning the ropes. But I am not able to use the Lovense toys at this time, until I get a smart phone. Yes, I am probably the only person left in North America without one.

Looking around Chaturbate, I see that the majority of models use these toys and seem to generate tips from them. I was getting a bit of a complex, being left out, not being one of the cool kids in the class...

As time goes on, I find it is not such a big deal. I talk about lots of fun stuff, do shows, sometimes privates, and generally keep busy. And I seem to be making more tokens little by little. So no complaints!

Just wondering if anyone else is "analog" like me. Is it by choice or are you not able to utilize interactive toys for another reason? How do you compete on a site that is seemingly saturated with tip activated toys?

Reactions: Val Vega
I'm on MFC, not Chaturbate, but I don't, nor do I care to. Lately I've seen more and more dudes getting annoyed that that's the only thing they see anymore, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No one's ever even asked if I own one before while I'm camming.

Nah, you don't need interactive toys to generate tips. As a matter of fact, I actually bought someone a lovense just so we could use it in pvt. She doesn't do public masturbation shows, even if she has the means to do them with interactive toys. In a way, it sort of adds to the mystery and allure of getting pvts from her if not already caught in her spell haha.

How you market yourself is far more important than wanting to conform to what someone else finds works for them. Myself? I'm kind of turned off by the tip for vibe stuff. Mostly because it is saturated and mostly because the exorcist flailing is commonplace. Some guys happen to enjoy that, but if they want to tip for that then that's their little niche.

I happen to prefer to spend my money in something a little more intimate, but that's just me.

Some models go a bit overboard with these toys... Seen some gifs of girls convulsing like they are possesed and it's fun in a very non-sexy way.
It's about time for a new interactive tipping technology - be one of the first to hop on that train.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randi
I think part of it is just people see others models using an interactive toy and think ahhh well if that's what they're doing then I should too; ends up with majority doing the same thing

Sites seem to go through trends like that

MFC went through a whiteboard phase, that was not so great

Now we're going through the lovense trend

Reactions: Randi and EspiKvlt
I've never used tip activated toys nor do I plan to.
I don't much care for the interactive toys and don't really see them being pleasurable to me. vibration inside does nothing for me as well so that might be part of it.
I do however love tip control shows with my vibe and dildo combo, where people can tip to remove/add/stop etc...

To be honest, I don't care for them. I wouldn't say I hate them, but if my favorite model was using one I wouldn't leave or get upset, but it's not my cup of tea. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned and need to get with the times.

Reactions: Luckyfoxxy
And when guys are tipping her alot, she is constently moaning instead of chating! That takes the interactive aspect of camming away.

I see it used most with models who show zero interest in the interactivity idea (young studio foreigners maybe). or worse yet, the app working and no indication that the model is actually using it. saw that the other day from one of the front page girls. not even a fake one, just nothing there, and no response to suggest it was hiding in there somewhere. but if lying was something you could report people for, the whole industry would collapse :p

like you, I find it can easily be pretty antisocial when it should be the opposite, and have no desire to use it hour after hour day after day (though I don't have a laptop and can't keep the bluetooth connected while sitting down, so it's totally an either/or for me.

Since apparently most guys love these things I use it. There is a demand for these things that is a LOT bigger than the demand for not using it.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to earn money without one, but it is definitely hard unless you already have a huge following without a lush or an ohmibod.

Since apparently most guys love these things I use it. There is a demand for these things that is a LOT bigger than the demand for not using it.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to earn money without one, but it is definitely hard unless you already have a huge following without a lush or an ohmibod.
Why is Lovense and Ohmibod more prevalent on Chaturbate than on MFC?

I am not on mfc, so can't tell exactly. The toys work best with an app and cb has loads of them. Maybe that is why.

Why is Lovense and Ohmibod more prevalent on Chaturbate than on MFC?

It's probably due to the atmosphere of the sites. CB is rather gimmicky and game-show-esque, while MFC is more chill out and fap.

I suppose it depends on what kind of income you consider 'money'.

it's definitely a cash cow. and it might be the laziest option, and it might even be the only option for a small minority of models with nothing much to offer, but it's usually not the only option.

Reactions: curvyredhead
Does anyone else cam without the benefit of interactive toys, esp. on Chaturbate and similar format sites?

I've been on CB since Oct 16, and it has been going well. Getting more regulars and learning the ropes. But I am not able to use the Lovense toys at this time, until I get a smart phone. Yes, I am probably the only person left in North America without one.

Looking around Chaturbate, I see that the majority of models use these toys and seem to generate tips from them. I was getting a bit of a complex, being left out, not being one of the cool kids in the class...

As time goes on, I find it is not such a big deal. I talk about lots of fun stuff, do shows, sometimes privates, and generally keep busy. And I seem to be making more tokens little by little. So no complaints!

Just wondering if anyone else is "analog" like me. Is it by choice or are you not able to utilize interactive toys for another reason? How do you compete on a site that is seemingly saturated with tip activated toys?
I have the lovense and barely use it, it was a big wow at first, just like the pokemon go, it's good days are probably gone ;)

Reactions: fandango
I think it would be more interesting if control was actually shared.

meaning she can control it, too, not just tippers having all the control? 'cause... models can simulate tips for themselves if they want to take some of the control.

I don't Chaturbate but have recently returned to being active on MFC. There seems to be a trend towards interactive toys. Initially, I thought it was pretty cool. Then it just became a distraction for me (and I only speak for myself). It takes away from the interaction and brings the focus more on the toy. Some models manage it well, some rely on it. I think you'lll be fine without it, as you'll be different as it becomes more prevalent. But again, that is only my opinion. Take it as you will.

I don't Chaturbate but have recently returned to being active on MFC. There seems to be a trend towards interactive toys. Initially, I thought it was pretty cool. Then it just became a distraction for me (and I only speak for myself). It takes away from the interaction and brings the focus more on the toy. Some models manage it well, some rely on it. I think you'lll be fine without it, as you'll be different as it becomes more prevalent. But again, that is only my opinion. Take it as you will.
Have you heard of members leaving MFC or Chaturbate because they dislike Lovense and OhMiBod?

Have you heard of members leaving MFC or Chaturbate because they dislike Lovense and OhMiBod?
I have not heard that, but I'm not the one to ask as I don't really have any interactions with other members. Personally, I wouldn't leave a site because of that, but the rooms in which I choose to hang out and spend money will definitely be affected.

meaning she can control it, too, not just tippers having all the control? 'cause... models can simulate tips for themselves if they want to take some of the control.

I mean some one other then the model is controlling the toy remotely. In a private that might make sense. It's hard to figure out how that would work in a group show. Maybe when reaching goal or some thing.

I mean some one other then the model is controlling the toy remotely. In a private that might make sense. It's hard to figure out how that would work in a group show. Maybe when reaching goal or some thing.

I've done that before with my regs. I find it hard to imagine big money girls having any incentive to doing that, though--if you wanna crank it up to ultrahigh for a minute, you can tip 1,000 with most models' settings.

I am what I call a regular camgirl. I do not have special perks or style of making them tokies. My main idea was, talk, tease, do requests, work towards a goal, my fav being cumshow. I have worked with and without the interactive toys. I sometimes just don't feel it.

I have noticed a very big difference when working with lush lovense, my tips double and I can just sit my ass down and wait for them instead of moving for almost every minute. When I did not have it on, I would always get people in my room asking me if I have one or if I can put it on.

It has done a difference for myself on the same kind of old fanbase. There might be something there.

I do understand people who dislike the lovense(I personally hate the people who overact to it or have it turned off altogether), for that reason I save a few days in the month after I hit my token targets to just be me in the old fashioned style on cam without the lovense, so who really cares, will stick around and discover my personality too.

I have only gotten criticism for using tip responsive toys from people who were never going to tip in my room anyway. I would not account for all opinions in my room until I have not seen for myself the way that person thinks first, that kind of trust should be earned.

Good luck sweetie! I hope this was somewhat helpful.

Last edited:
I think I already said this on another "interactive toy" thread, but I think it is worth repeating...

If I was coaching a model from the start I would encourage her to start with the bare basics. No apps, no bots, no toys, no goals, no content, no tip menu, no nudity. If a model can learn to entertain people like this, every little thing will be an addition to her show and not the foundation of it. Once she has the basics down she can start to experiment with things, one by one. An interactive toy will be just one more thing in her repertoire.

Interactive toys are a gimmick. Like any gimmick, an experienced model who has her own style and persona down can use interactive toys to enhance her show. She will know when and how to react to tips to make it fun for the viewers. She will create plateaus to make it exciting. She will know how to flirt with the high tippers while using the toy, how to keep a show going in parallel with the toy. Shows like this can be a lot of fun even for people who are only watching, but especially to those who can tip.

Inexperienced models use these interactive toys as a substitute for a show. They are just laying there and reacting to the tip sounds. And the problem with this is when the only thing to look forward to is her reactions to the toy, the entire room will grow numb to her reactions as time goes on, so these models find they have to amp up every reaction more and more to make it more exciting and keep people tipping. And this eventually creates 1 hour long 1 token tip walls coupled with seizure-like visuals. It isn't fun for anyone and the model makes little money.

From the model perspective it can be exciting to use these toys provided you are comfortable and you let yourself be genuine. It can be exciting to not only see and hear someone's tips, but to feel them. If you get excited about it you will drag the room with you to that place where it feels like an adventure and not just a run-of-the-mill show. Still, using it sparingly would be my advice, too much of a good thing can be exhausting.

Thank you everybody for you helpful insight and encouragement! For the time being I will carry on without the Lush. Maybe later on this year I'll look into it.

True, I have learned to keep a room entertained with my personality, conversation and improvisation. That may not have happened if I started from day one with interactive toys. It is a lot of work, though, and it can be tiring keeping everyone entertained the whole time. I'll keep in mind the suggestion about just using it some of the time as a highlight to the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.