AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CamRedeem Update (including some new changes)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JerryBoBerry said:
JoleneBrody said:
I'm honestly trying to figure out in my head how this change could have possibly upset you so much that you wont even download a video from their site that they are GIVING AWAY FOR FREE TO MODELS CURRENTLY out of pure spite. Not like you'll find that option anywhere else either!

Sorry if this seems like I'm picking on you but I am just FLOORED with the sense of entitlement and honestly, childish behavior. And I'm sure any model you explain your reason for not tipping for a video after asking to, will probably roll their eyes harder than me so let's just call this a little prep for your end game.

SRSLY WTF?

I've been looking back at this and I noticed all the models thanking your post. Let me start off by saying i'm not upset at this. But I am rather surprised at the sheer volume of models who don't seem to have a clue how this works from the user side.

I've explained pretty well I think in previous posts here why I was annoyed with 'one' aspect of these changes. Let me illustrate another point. The restrictions currently in place make it somewhat hard for a person who's bought videos to actually download them without signing up for an account. Should anything go wrong at all, that code is useless.

I believe sevrin already mentioned one aspect of changing IP addresses, i'll add another. I use a VPN, that information is hard coded into my router so every device connected to my network is going through it. The IP address changes. I can also manually change it. It's nothing for me to be coming from Toronto, Chicago, Florida, Texas....all in one night. I also use multiple browsers (I have 8 or so installed now). I like to go through Toronto because it gives me good lag free video connections on most mfc rooms. But it's not necessarily the fastest for file downloads. So when I buy a 7 minute video and discover that model has chosen to encode it at 1.4GB (bluray quality) and i'm looking at a 6 hour download I might like the option of changing to a faster location. Can't do that even now, if i change anything once it's started I have to go back to the model and ask for another code. Also if the download gets cancelled for any other reason outside my control.

The new security features make that even more difficult. It's nice be able to add them to an account where if I do need to even restart the download I can do that easily.

Now, instead of thinking of this as a single file think of this as buying a special from a model. Let's say 50 videos for 550 tokens. With this proposed change I no longer have an account to add them to. I am stuck downloading them right then, immediately, and praying i have time in the day to get them and nothing happens during, or that code becomes meaningless part way through again.

From a user point of view this change represents making it incredibly more difficult to deal with in any manner. At least with dropbox or Drive I can simply add them to my account and the software automatically downloads them.

So keep on thanking the posts saying i'm nuts. But I suspect i'm not the only user who won't like the changes coming.

There's actually several other logical reasons why I would rather not buy from a model using this after the changes go through, but i'm honestly tired of explaining rather obvious things no one else seems to have ever given a thought to.

All I can suggest is go buy a couple hundred videos from a couple dozen models and then let me know your thoughts. I have a feeling you'll have other things to say then.

Like I said I'll think about ways to make this better in the future. I would point out based on what I see in the database about 90% of codes are redeemed as guests. Anyway let's not harp on this if will think about ways to prevent as many issues as possible redeeming codes.

Jerry you've added a ton of useful info about your experience but there was hardly any of that in your first post. I appreciate you posting that as I've never downloaded more than a few vids, but people reading chronologically won't see all this additional stuff until after they've read & thanked Jolene's post.

GenXoxo said:
Jerry you've added a ton of useful info about your experience but there was hardly any of that in your first post. I appreciate you posting that as I've never downloaded more than a few vids, but people reading chronologically won't see all this additional stuff until after they've read & thanked Jolene's post.
Yeah. That's true. I guess I should have made an uber longer post to begin with. :lol:

Reactions: Shutterbuck and Gen
JerryBoBerry said:
GenXoxo said:
Yeah. That's true. I guess I should have made an uber longer post to begin with. :lol:
Yeah I apologize Jerry. The way your first post was written, it sounded like you were saying something COMPLETELY different than what you actually intended to say. If I misunderstood it I'm guessing others did as well and thanked before getting down to the clarification. What you meant was very reasonable, what I thought I read was ludicrous, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I apologize to Mired for the derail but I'm glad at least that it brought up a good point that might have been missed? :? Hopefully.

OK, I changed the user file list to sort by most recently purchased. The most recent files will now show up on the top for logged in users. This should make downloading recent purchases much easier.

For some obvious reasons a lot of guys don't like to download and save my videos, they love that they can go back to CamRedeem for them as and when.

Apart from losing that feature, I think CR is best site I've used.

Here's what I tell members when I explain how they download the files:

"I use a site called Camredeem. Feel free to check it out before buying your video. You don't need an account to download the files, but you can only redeem the code once. What an account does is allow you to redownload the file later. If you don't want to make an account and you lose your file, please let me know and I'll generate a new code. Right now, I can generate codes for free, but when that changes, I may need to charge you a small fee for more than a couple redownload codes."

I fully intend on, when the site does start charging for codes, only allowing for 1 or 2 new codes per video purchase (after the initial download of course.) After that, I'll charge whatever the cost of a ticket (code) is.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
LadyLuna said:
Here's what I tell members when I explain how they download the files:

"I use a site called Camredeem. Feel free to check it out before buying your video. You don't need an account to download the files, but you can only redeem the code once. What an account does is allow you to redownload the file later. If you don't want to make an account and you lose your file, please let me know and I'll generate a new code. Right now, I can generate codes for free, but when that changes, I may need to charge you a small fee for more than a couple redownload codes."

I fully intend on, when the site does start charging for codes, only allowing for 1 or 2 new codes per video purchase (after the initial download of course.) After that, I'll charge whatever the cost of a ticket (code) is.

We are actually no longer going to charge by download. We decided that pricing model was too confusing when we were implementing it, and we didn't want to penalize models who sell lots of content and make them feel nickeled and dimed by having to buy more transfers every couple weeks.

Instead we're probably going to do unlimited transfers at a flat monthly rate and probably have different pricing tiers depending on the number of files you want to store on the site. There will be some code in place to prevent models from deleting and uploading files over and over to stay on a smaller plan when they need a bigger one for all their files because that actually costs us more money with the constant uploading, but... in either case, it will be a much simpler, and for most models, inexpensive system. Based on the volume of transfers happening right now (10TB / month) using the pay per transfer system would be very costly to models.

RebeccaT said:
For some obvious reasons a lot of guys don't like to download and save my videos, they love that they can go back to CamRedeem for them as and when.

Apart from losing that feature, I think CR is best site I've used.

The current plan at this exact moment is to leave the user accounts that already exist active with their file lists intact. We will just turn off the ability to create new user accounts or add new files to existing ones. The reality is that depending on our site for a "backup" is probably not the best idea because if you, as the model, delete a file from the website it will disappear from their file lists as well. We decided very early that if a model wants her content off the site, it's off the site, regardless of whether or not users have those files in their file lists.

Our current plan to offset that as best we can is to allow three days instead of one day to download your files, and in addition to doing IP locking we will use cookies to allow users to re-use a code even after their IP changes. This way, the person who purchased the files is still the only one who can download them, but we don't penalize people who's IP may change. Plus as long as you use the same browser, don't clear your cookies, and hang on to the codes you purchase you can theoretically download the files you buy indefinitely. It's the best compromise we can come up with at this time to keep things as simple as possible, and prevent account sharing or other activity that could cause a model's file to be downloaded by someone who didn't purchase it.

OK lots of progress tonight. The new site is probably days from launch, maybe sooner.

The following features are working on the new site:
  • The site has a new cleaner and more professional look.
  • New files uploaded will no longer be named random characters like g39goew4jh5jlg24geba.mp4 they will instead retain whatever name they have on your computer when you upload them. This does not apply to files that have already been uploaded. Only new ones so...
  • You can now rename files from the "Edit File" section. There is a third field in addition to "Name" and "Description" called "Filename" which will rename the files on the server so you can rename all your old garbled file names to ones that are easier for your customers to sort out.
  • You can now add thumbnails to your files without it failing and giving you a blank image. This was a really stupid annoying bug that too me way too damn long to find.
  • We removed the popover menu in the top right for doing site functions and instead there are now just three buttons. "My Files", "My Codes", and your username. The button with your username is where you edit your details like password and e-mail address. It's also where you log out. The other two are self-explanatory. All the other functions (creating new codes, etc.) will now be on the pages they belong on and not in the main menu (so for example, you create a new code containing files from the file page).
  • Almost every function that wasn't before has been switched to a popover window (creating codes, deleting files, etc.) so you don't have to leave your main "My Files" page.
  • You can now delete every unredeemed code that is older than one week by clicking one button. I just tested this and deleted 154 codes with one click (well, two, if you count the "Are you sure" screen).
  • You can no longer delete redeemed codes. There is no reason to do this because it will revoke access to files for paying customers.
  • You can no longer create a user account or add files to existing user accounts when redeeming codes, but old accounts will still work and the files that were linked to them will stay there.
  • Redeeming codes is a simpler process. Instead of three buttons (Login, Register, and Redeem as Guest) there is only one button "Continue". This will lead to less confusion, and less questions for models when they are working.
  • Users will now have 72 hours to download their files before a code expires instead of 24, and even after that they can still do it from any IP address as long as they are using the same browser on the same computer they were using when they redeemed the codes initially. You should advise your users to hang on to their codes if they need to download files later, and let them know they can do it as long as they use the same browser and don't clear their cookies. (this is actually not yet implemented, but it's the last thing we are going to do before we launch)

We did not get to redesign the "My Codes" page yet, but it will be our top priority once we do launch the new site. That should be done within a week or so after the launch. However the mass-delete for unredeemed codes IS done and will be on the "My Codes" page.

We still are not going to charge just yet. We are going to launch the new site and let you guys use it for a month or so and make sure there are no kinks before we think about starting to require payment. We will also allow a grace period for all members who are currently using the site after we do flip that switch (at LEAST one month of free time, probably a bit more). We will also offer a free trial for new users.

We also have some really unique and incredibly useful new features just for cam models we are just starting to design that should be added to the site in the coming months (hint: automated pic of the day club).

That's all I have for now, but we can't wait to get this launched and hear your feedback on the new design!

mired said:
Instead we're probably going to do unlimited transfers at a flat monthly rate and probably have different pricing tiers depending on the number of files you want to store on the site. There will be some code in place to prevent models from deleting and uploading files over and over to stay on a smaller plan when they need a bigger one for all their files because that actually costs us more money with the constant uploading, but... in either case, it will be a much simpler, and for most models, inexpensive system. Based on the volume of transfers happening right now (10TB / month) using the pay per transfer system would be very costly to models.

I know you can't please everyone but the ticket system was a big plus for me. Topping up as and when I need to is perfect for my very low amount of sales...but then, you won't miss such a small amount! Apart from this it IS the best site for selling/giving videos.

Reactions: mired
RebeccaT said:
mired said:

I know you can't please everyone but the ticket system was a big plus for me. Topping up as and when I need to is perfect for my very low amount of sales...but then, you won't miss such a small amount! Apart from this it IS the best site for selling/giving videos.

Other file sharing sites like mediafire offer different tiers [Trial, personal, professional] and I think camredeem is doing something similar by offering different tiers based on space required.
Seeing as how camredeem is only geared toward business use it makes sense to use this method of pricing.

Reactions: mired and RebeccaT
RebeccaT said:
mired said:

The truth is you are right. There is not way to make this site cater 100% to every use case. The best we can do is try and find the most common usage scenarios and build the site around those. The primary reasons we decided not to go with the cost per transfer model for pricing were simplicity, cost, and convenience.

There were two scenarios that came to mind that really deterred us from going down that road. One, you’re an average customer of our website, you go to create a code for someone in the middle of a work night, and you realize you don’t have enough “tickets” left to send the code someone just paid you for. Now you have to dig out a credit card and reload your “tickets”, probably while on cam, just to send someone something they already paid you for. The other scenario is you are a customer of our site who does above average business, and the same situation that I just described happens to you, only it’s the third time this month you’ve had to reload your tickets. In either case we think it would be very annoying, and possibly enough to drive someone to another website where they don’t have to think about remaining transfers, etc.

One advantage of having this site operational for almost a year and a half now is that we are able to look at a lot of data in terms of average file size, average number of transfers, number of active users, etc. This has allowed us to come up with some useful statistics:
  • The average uploaded file size is 250MB
  • There are 4700 files that have been uploaded
  • There are over 750 users
  • Between 450 and 500 of those users have been “active” in the past 90 days
  • 10TB is transferred every month
  • The average user has between 6 and 7 files uploaded.
  • The average user is transferring 21GB / month
  • Based on average file size & average transfer amount the average user is sending 84 files a month

With those numbers in mind, we are targeting as our primary customers, people who send 50 - 100 files per month and store about 7 files. Our current plan is to allow unlimited transfers with storage for 20 files for $10 / month or $100 / year. We also plan to have a plan targeted at the lower end with 5 files (also unlimited transfer) coming in around $5 a month or $50 a year. We will probably have a higher tier as well, but we have not decided the details for that as of yet. Also, as I said previously, there will be some logic in place to prevent models from rotating files in and out constantly in order to avoid moving to a bigger plan.

So how did we decide on those prices? Based on my research talking to models and asking questions specifically about video sales (I’m actually RL friends with a couple of them which is how I got the idea to start this whole thing) the average video seems to sell for the equivalent of about $2.50 to $5 actual take-home money to the model (before taxes). Let’s call it $3.75 average and take out 30% for taxes which brings it down to $2.65 (feel free to ridicule me if I am way off about this). So if we multiply that by the 84 average files each user is transferring per month we figure the average model using our site is generating approx $223 / month in file sales (again this is all based entirely on averages so some people are generating a fair bit more, and some people are generating a fair bit less). But based on that average $223 charging $5 would be 2.2% and $10 would be 4.5% (or less, in both cases, if you pay by the year). Both seemed very fair when we discussed them amongst ourselves, as well as with the models we spoke to.

The unfortunate reality for us is that bandwidth isn’t free (or particularly cheap) which is why we thought of the cost per transfer model in the first place, but we can’t risk driving people away with the inconvenience that goes along with it. This site is actually rather expensive to keep running at this point (it’ll likely go up to $300 / month starting this month when we cross the 10TB bandwidth line and that’s not counting any of the countless hours of our time we’ve spent actually working on it), and we’ve had zero income up to this point so I’ve got to start thinking about moving on to the next phase. We do expect to lose at least 50% of our existing customers once we start charging which should knock down the transfer amounts and the associated cost that goes with them (this is just sort of a given, once something stops being free some people are bound to stop using it). Also, as a side note, we do plan to add the ability for *models* to download their own files between now and when we do actually start charging so that they are able to take their content off of our website and bring their business elsewhere if they decide to do so. It’s also useful if their hard drive crashes and they lose their local copies of files. Lastly, I’d like to reiterate that there *will* be a grace period for existing members of at least one month before they actually have to pay us anything even after we start charging for new members.

At the end of the day we decided that it was smarter for us to provide affordable, consistent, and predictable billing rather than something that was not only unpredictable but also unscalable for our customers.

We will be shutting down CamRedeem at 1:30AM EST 2/4/2013 (today)
The site will be down for about 10 minutes​

We will be updating to the new design, and implementing all of the new features listed a couple posts ago.

We can't wait to hear your feedback regarding the new design.

Reactions: Gen
The site is back up. Please reset your cache before visiting. We changed a bunch of CSS code that might not get changed in your browser if you don't.

Please let us know if you have any issues, and bear with us a LOT of code is new. We apologize in advance if anything isn't right. I will be up for a few more hours on both e-mail and this forum.

Pretty much what Jessi said about the members getting confused about the whole user login thing.

I love that they will now be able to come back within a certain amount of time once redeemed, but please have a big sign saying so to avoid confusion! Most members understand camredeem so easily, but a lot of members become extremely stupid and anxious when facing the difficulty that is cock-in-hand and trying to download videos. I think they assume they're going to run into issues so panic at every moment without reading things. The amount of times I get "it doesn't work, can I have a new link?" and I respond asking what's wrong with it, in that time they've actually read the instructions and have worked it out. Them being able to come back and redeem within an amount of time helps with those who accidentally delete the page, or their computer crashes, or like you said if they don't download in one go.

The one major thing that I want different on this site though, which I've mentioned about 1000 times but you haven't made much of a response is please can you set a way that we can organise our videos when we send the links?

For example I have 7 videos. - anal, blowjob, striptease, hitachi, dress up, another anal and a cumshow vid.
I sell 5 of these videos in a deal, but on camredeem as it is they're all mixed up, so rather than just clicking one button that generates all the links for that particular deal I have to go through the list clicking on the ones I want in the link, doing this while I'm also trying to entertain a room. I have several deals that don't include all the vids I have on there, in the past I've accidentally sold someone a video for free. I also have custom vids up there that I absolutely don't want to send to a member other than the one it was made for but I keep them up in case the buyer loses it and wants it again. I have a deal for 16 videos and another for 24, currently I think I have about 28 files in total. So sorting through and making the link up with 16 vids takes several minutes of my time. Several minutes being focused away from cam is a pain in the arse, especially as often that tip has completed a countdown and I'm delaying doing whatever it is I'm supposed to do.

Being able to pre sort my videos so I could have the option of choosing which ones I make the link up of, but also being able to create a one click for some of my video deals would be incredible. It is the one and only change that I feel would really make a difference in selling videos.

Your business is essentially dealing with very busy models who can't give the site their 100% attention so need to have everything as quick and easy as possible in the heat of the moment, and stupid, confused members who have lost most of the blood in their brains. I don't mean that as an insult to members, but it seriously amazes me how guys who really aren't that stupid seem to find the simplest things really baffling in this situation.

Other than that this is by far the best download site I've used. I've downloaded all of my videos onto my other laptop in a matter of minutes. It really isn't a big deal doing so and members who buy them from me clearly have the videos pretty dam quickly!

Isabella_deL said:
Pretty much what Jessi said about the members getting confused about the whole user login thing.

I love that they will now be able to come back within a certain amount of time once redeemed, but please have a big sign saying so to avoid confusion! Most members understand camredeem so easily, but a lot of members become extremely stupid and anxious when facing the difficulty that is cock-in-hand and trying to download videos. I think they assume they're going to run into issues so panic at every moment without reading things. The amount of times I get "it doesn't work, can I have a new link?" and I respond asking what's wrong with it, in that time they've actually read the instructions and have worked it out. Them being able to come back and redeem within an amount of time helps with those who accidentally delete the page, or their computer crashes, or like you said if they don't download in one go.

The one major thing that I want different on this site though, which I've mentioned about 1000 times but you haven't made much of a response is please can you set a way that we can organise our videos when we send the links?

For example I have 7 videos. - anal, blowjob, striptease, hitachi, dress up, another anal and a cumshow vid.
I sell 5 of these videos in a deal, but on camredeem as it is they're all mixed up, so rather than just clicking one button that generates all the links for that particular deal I have to go through the list clicking on the ones I want in the link, doing this while I'm also trying to entertain a room. I have several deals that don't include all the vids I have on there, in the past I've accidentally sold someone a video for free. I also have custom vids up there that I absolutely don't want to send to a member other than the one it was made for but I keep them up in case the buyer loses it and wants it again. I have a deal for 16 videos and another for 24, currently I think I have about 28 files in total. So sorting through and making the link up with 16 vids takes several minutes of my time. Several minutes being focused away from cam is a pain in the arse, especially as often that tip has completed a countdown and I'm delaying doing whatever it is I'm supposed to do.

Being able to pre sort my videos so I could have the option of choosing which ones I make the link up of, but also being able to create a one click for some of my video deals would be incredible. It is the one and only change that I feel would really make a difference in selling videos.

Your business is essentially dealing with very busy models who can't give the site their 100% attention so need to have everything as quick and easy as possible in the heat of the moment, and stupid, confused members who have lost most of the blood in their brains. I don't mean that as an insult to members, but it seriously amazes me how guys who really aren't that stupid seem to find the simplest things really baffling in this situation.

Other than that this is by far the best download site I've used. I've downloaded all of my videos onto my other laptop in a matter of minutes. It really isn't a big deal doing so and members who buy them from me clearly have the videos pretty dam quickly!

This is a feature we've considered in the past. Now that there are lots of files stored, and a whole lot of users it makes more sense to invest the time into it. I've got some ideas about how to do it, and I'll talk to my designer tonight and see how soon we could work on it.

First I would like to say THANK YOU for making a great site!

Now just a thought:
Have you thought about offering monthly/yearly membership to video buyers that would allow them to keep all of the videos available to them for easy access? That way they have ease of use for maintaining their collection (promoting consistent video buyers to have a good place for their collection and also get front end and back end business as well)

Laurelaidenmfc said:
First I would like to say THANK YOU for making a great site!

Now just a thought:
Have you thought about offering monthly/yearly membership to video buyers that would allow them to keep all of the videos available to them for easy access? That way they have ease of use for maintaining their collection (promoting consistent video buyers to have a good place for their collection and also get front end and back end business as well)

This has been brought up before a couple days ago. We'd consider it, but as I pointed out, our site is not a good place to rely on for user files as a "backup" because if a model deletes her file from our site it will be removed from every users file list.

We may consider finding a way to do this down the road, but right now we are focusing on getting the model experience as great as possible. We're not interested in setting up two separate business models at this time.

My recommendation would be that customers download their files and archive them to a service that specializes in cloud storage such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Amazon S3.

OK so we are working on a "bundle" feature as requested.

It works like a code template. You define a list of files to go into the "bundle" and then you can create a code from a bundle quickly.

You click "Create Bundle Code" and you get a popover with a pulldown of the list of bundles and when you choose one and click "Create Code" it will give you a code with all the files from the bundle in it. Basically it's just a much faster way to create a code with a predetermined "set" of files in it.

The bundles can be managed from the "My Bundles" page where you can view the ones you have and delete them if you want to. We are not bothering to make an "Edit" feature because it'd be just as easy to delete one and make a new one as it would be to edit one.

If all goes well we will be adding this feature to the site tomorrow night.

mired said:
OK so we are working on a "bundle" feature as requested.

It works like a code template. You define a list of files to go into the "bundle" and then you can create a code from a bundle quickly.

You click "Create Bundle Code" and you get a popover with a pulldown of the list of bundles and when you choose one and click "Create Code" it will give you a code with all the files from the bundle in it. Basically it's just a much faster way to create a code with a predetermined "set" of files in it.

The bundles can be managed from the "My Bundles" page where you can view the ones you have and delete them if you want to. We are not bothering to make an "Edit" feature because it'd be just as easy to delete one and make a new one as it would be to edit one.

If all goes well we will be adding this feature to the site tomorrow night.

Thank you so much! This is definitely a feature that'll save so much time while camming! Stopping the "yayyy we've finished the countdown with that video purchase! Now hold on while I organise the link......." *sits there staring at the screen with concentration face as I make sure I have the right videos*................... *minute goes by* "here you go!!"
I don't think anyone minds particularly but me, but after doing it so many times each session it does get irritating, in the past I've accidentally sent someone a free video or the wrong one.

Reactions: NicoleRiley
I'm asking this on this thread as I'm getting no answers on the other one.

I still can't upload files, even on the new site (it's been three weeks now) I have 28 files uploaded. Is this the problem?

RebeccaT said:

I still can't upload files, even on the new site (it's been three weeks now) I have 28 files uploaded. Is this the problem?

When you say you can't upload files what do you mean? Is the button not there at all, or do they try and upload and fail, or do they upload all the way and not show up in the list.

Just trying to narrow down the issue.

RebeccaT said:

OK I just looked at your account in the database. I am not sure how you got to 28 files because the limit for your account was 20. I increased it to 35 for now so uploading should work again.

Reactions: RebeccaT
OK we've added the "Bundle" feature.

Models should now have a "My Bundles" page on their header. You can go there to create pre-defined bundles of files to create codes more quickly. This feature should be pretty popular given that a lot of models have "Video Packs" they sell.

We had thought of this feature some time ago, but I wanted to thank Isabella_deL for suggesting it again and reminding us.

You may want to clear your cache again. I know it's a pain in the ass, but as we add new features it's a necessary evil to prevent unnecessary bugs.

mired said:
RebeccaT said:

OK I just looked at your account in the database. I am not sure how you got to 28 files because the limit for your account was 20. I increased it to 35 for now so uploading should work again.

I had emailed you when I reached 20 and was able to upload more so assumed you'd increased the amount. Thank you for increasing again, however, still no luck.

The progress bar reaches 100% in 2 seconds but nothing is uploaded. I've tried three different browsers and two different computers. I've cleared my cache, even changed IP address. Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

RebeccaT said:
mired said:
RebeccaT said:

I had emailed you when I reached 20 and was able to upload more so assumed you'd increased the amount. Thank you for increasing again, however, still no luck.

The progress bar reaches 100% in 2 seconds but nothing is uploaded. I've tried three different browsers and two different computers. I've cleared my cache, even changed IP address. Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

What format is the file you are trying to upload. This is pretty weird because I've been uploading files to test accounts nonstop the past week or so.

mired said:
What format is the file you are trying to upload. This is pretty weird because I've been uploading files to test accounts nonstop the past week or so.

Thank you for your quick response here :)

It's an avi, as are all my previous uploads. It's 3 minutes 13 seconds long and just under 57KB. I am so baffled by this!

RebeccaT said:
mired said:

It's an avi, as are all my previous uploads. It's 3 minutes 13 seconds long and just under 57KB. I am so baffled by this!

I suspect the issue is with the file. If you don't mind could you email the file to me at camredeem@gmail.com so I can test with it? If you don't feel comfortable doing that then could you try zipping the file before uploading it? I suspect there is some mild file corruption going on that may be causing the issue. For example if the files EOF stamp is missing it would real havoc with an uploading script but it may work fine in a video player that is designed to handle streams with no known end. Zipping the file would put it in a container with a proper EOF.

mired said:
RebeccaT said:
mired said:

I suspect the issue is with the file. If you don't mind could you email the file to me at camredeem@gmail.com so I can test with it? If you don't feel comfortable doing that then could you try zipping the file before uploading it? I suspect there is some mild file corruption going on that may be causing the issue. For example if the files EOF stamp is missing it would real havoc with an uploading script but it may work fine in a video player that is designed to handle streams with no known end. Zipping the file would put it in a container with a proper EOF.

Oops, I had a senior moment. It's 57,000KB. But even so, I have larger ones up there. In case the file is corrupted I tried to upload one that's already up there and had the same problem. I'm going to try zipping one to upload. If I have no joy I'll email you the zipped file.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

EDIT: No luck with the zipped file either. I will email it you.

Status
Not open for further replies.