AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore( Below 1000)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TashaTypical said:
agreed on most what you say.. however not all models who get a new account cheat or scam IMO...
when i quit mfc.. due to not beeing online for 6,7 months my camscore dropped without me beeing able to save it (exams, getting my diploma and such)
i don't believe deleting my old account is like taking money from people without ever working for it...
i assume you're talking about models having 2 accounts.. just wanted to drop my :twocents-02cents: about the other side of that story ;)

i can't even believe girls WANT to be online on more then one account.. to me that doesnt sound like that would ever work...
scamming works all the way around.. and i guess as long as the non-scamming models get liked by the non-scamming members.. we can all have happy times :D

Yes that would be a valid reason to have a new account.She used to be online with two accounts recently she no longer does or MFC asked her which account do you wanna keep ? :mrgreen: .

Reactions: TashaDutch
Mfcwatchdog said:
TashaTypical said:
agreed on most what you say.. however not all models who get a new account cheat or scam IMO...
when i quit mfc.. due to not beeing online for 6,7 months my camscore dropped without me beeing able to save it (exams, getting my diploma and such)
i don't believe deleting my old account is like taking money from people without ever working for it...
i assume you're talking about models having 2 accounts.. just wanted to drop my :twocents-02cents: about the other side of that story ;)

i can't even believe girls WANT to be online on more then one account.. to me that doesnt sound like that would ever work...
scamming works all the way around.. and i guess as long as the non-scamming models get liked by the non-scamming members.. we can all have happy times :D

Yes that would be a valid reason to have a new account.She used to be online with two accounts recently she no longer does or MFC asked her which account do you wanna keep ? :mrgreen: .

lol i can imagine that happening... to me it sounds like a reason to (temp) bann someone.. especially cause they make such a big deal out of it...

Reactions: starj50
My camscore is somewhere around 400. I try my best to get online when my profile schedule says, but there are some days when I can't (my brother needs a ride to/from somewhere in shitty weather, my mum comes home from work early, my dad takes the day off, etc). I do have a few regulars that follow me on twitter for this reason. I always update them on what's going on that particular day.

I don't want to start over with a new account, 'cause I personally feel that since I got myself into a score mess, I should have to dig myself out. It took little effort getting myself into the mess, it's going to take a ton of effort to get out, though there's a lot of helpful suggestions in model's only and you can do so many different things to attract attention (I prefer the good kind, but the bad kind can bring good things)!

Thank you very much Tasha and Mfcwatchdog for your opinions and advices! I appreciate it soo much because I'm really a newbie in all aspects of camming. :oops:

OK, make a new account is not an option. I just thought of it because I'm pretty sure my camscore fall was due to my inexperience: I needed to prove the cam to know if I wanted and liked it. When I realized that I love it and how to work on it, it was too late for my camscore. Now that I know how to do things right, I though it was a good idea to start over. I didn't even think it was cheating... but yep, now I realize it is a system hole for scammy models.

My camscore hole is my fault for not learn more about camming on MFC before starting up, so I take charge of it: I'm going to work hard and promote myself to get a better level in MFC... and try to not get paranoid with camscore, I promise! lol

Thank you very much! :clap:

Mfcwatchdog said:
Finally MFC seems to have closeed that hole.Models see there camscore go down and they just want a new account because they know all new accounts start at 1000.That is plain cheating the system and should not be tolerated.Did you know your tippers have to work for there money to ?.

I would even go one step further and disallow models to change there modelname.This is often used by scamming models to try and escape and justify there behavior.Also why do some models have more then 1 account online at the same time ? (LadyRuslana => DemyQueen) aka the crying bitch.This tells me she is so desperate for the money that she would do anything.Such models will not get a penny out of me.Work for the money correctly without scamming or cheating or be the next in my hidden models list that's my motto. :mrgreen:.Sitting there without even moving your ass is not gonna get you tips either.Some models do ...

i dont like scamming models either but some models work real hard and arent making the tokens and others out there are raking it in. Also It's hard for people to take you seriously when you can't tell the difference between their there and they're

Mfcwatchdog said:
I would even go one step further and disallow models to change there modelname.

Seriously? Why? Members change their username... if you're gonna say that models can't do it, then members shouldn't be able to either. Come to think of it, if models can't have more than one account, why should members have more than one premium and one basic account?

I have personality fluxes. Know how many members I've lost because I was all bouncy flighty one day, but the next time they came in I was having a serious discussion? Or how many members got upset with me because they "thought you didn't do that" just because they'd never seen me do it before? Shit, I have the occasional day of wanting to be dominant, but I can't because my whole persona is built around my usual submissive self.

And don't even get me started on how many guys came in during my first month thinking I was usually dominant because I chose to put the word "Lady" in my name... I didn't even know I had a dominant side to me back then! When I went away for awhile, and came back to a fresh batch of submissive men and guys complaining about my personality shifts, I finally changed it to LovelyLunatic. That way, at least they have a warning that I might do unexpected things, and they can't blame my name on why they are trying to make me dominate them when I'm not in the mood.

I've been on MFC for over two years. I think, maybe a limit to how often a model can change her name might be good. I know that it would be good if she is incapable of logging in to more than one account at a time (they already have ip trackers for the bans, why not if they recognize she's already camming on one account, she's not capable of logging in on another model account?) But saying that a girl should never have more than one account is like saying she's always in the same mood. Saying that she should never change her name is ignoring the fact that she will grow as a camgirl, and might need to change her name to reflect a change in her camming style.

i totally agree with you on this..

Keithy said:
Honestly, creating a new account to get rid of a bad camscore can feel a little like scamming to members. I can completely understand why you'd do it though. But coming and going with different names and accounts can really look bad. So if you do it, don't do it more than once please.

Well, I need to say that after a month of hard work I have recovered the 1000 status! YAY!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

On 20th January I bought my new HD webcam, a Logitech 615 for Mac. The image and the SOUND quality are awesome now, and your ideas and advices posts has helped A LOT! Now I speak more than write and I'm feeling very comfortable with my new schedule ^.^

I want to thank all the people in this forum for your help! Now I want to start climbing and earn enough for my master degree on September! :blob8:

Camming on MFC is hard freakin' work. I raised my score from the low 200s to over 1000 in a few months, but it took a lot of work, a lot of content and a lot of face time gaining regulars.

The more fun you have with this, the more members will want to come back and see you.

More fun = more members = more tokens = higher camscore = happier you.

:twocents-02cents:

AllisonWilder said:
Camming on MFC is hard freakin' work. I raised my score from the low 200s to over 1000 in a few months, but it took a lot of work, a lot of content and a lot of face time gaining regulars.

The more fun you have with this, the more members will want to come back and see you.

Amen, sista! :mrgreen: I love MFC so much, and I agree that it's hard work. I remember when my cam score was in the 400s (Wasn't it just last year?!), and I thought "OMG, how am I gonna get my score back up?!" It's in the 1200s right now.

I think cam score and the work and planning that goes into public chat activities is part of the reason that a lot of models don't cam on there everyday.

AllisonWilder said:

I'm curious as to how you did this? I just started last week, but because I was so gung-ho about it, I've absolutely killed my camscore (under 300 killed). And from my understanding, the longer I'm on without getting tokens, the lower my score will go. I made up some regulars, but they're all broke bastards (silly me) and they're only good at times at keeping the conversation going.

These days I'm working my ass off trying to get back above 1000. I've been mostly around 600-900 and it's so frustrating. Nights when it's slow, but I stay on cam just in case I make a few tokens because I'm broke and need the $ make me want to cry. Sometimes I'm on for hours "just in case" and don't receive a single tip.

I think one problem a lot of women have is thinking, "I'm beautiful, interesting, and entertaining - I can just join this site and do great!"

Alas.

One of the worst things is when I say to people, "I'm so excited! My camscore went up!" and they say to me, "well of course it did, look how cute you are." Camming takes hard work. We have to build websites, network, plan, brainstorm, work for hours behind the scenes, build a rapport with customers, work hard in customer service, plan events, raffles, prizes, create and sell content, and none of that is even being on the camera entertaining men for hours who feel that they are entitled to your services and don't feel obligated to say hello, forget about tipping. And then we get in to all the money we need to spend on equipment, lighting, clothes, makeup, and props just to stay competitive.

Jalyn, AspenRae and Roxibibi are three beautiful women, but I could spend five minutes looking at new models or models with low camscores and find ten gorgeous women that could easily rival them. It's not about physical or facial beauty, really. It's about how hard you work.

So to new models: You can't just sign up and expect to do well. To be successful you have to treat it as a full time job. Unfortunately this does mean that it can be hard to cam while working a day job or can't devote a lot of time to it.

Evvie said:

I think one problem a lot of women have is thinking, "I'm beautiful, interesting, and entertaining - I can just join this site and do great!"

Alas.

One of the worst things is when I say to people, "I'm so excited! My camscore went up!" and they say to me, "well of course it did, look how cute you are." Camming takes hard work. We have to build websites, network, plan, brainstorm, work for hours behind the scenes, build a rapport with customers, work hard in customer service, plan events, raffles, prizes, create and sell content, and none of that is even being on the camera entertaining men for hours who feel that they are entitled to your services and don't feel obligated to say hello, forget about tipping. And then we get in to all the money we need to spend on equipment, lighting, clothes, makeup, and props just to stay competitive.

Jalyn, AspenRae and Roxibibi are three beautiful women, but I could spend five minutes looking at new models or models with low camscores and find ten gorgeous women that could easily rival them. It's not about physical or facial beauty, really. It's about how hard you work. I set up a new schedule with me on cam for 5 hours a day with 3 hours working on behind-the-scene stuff, and to be honest I don't really expect working 40 hours a week to get me ahead - just to keep me where I'm at.

So to new models: You can't just sign up and expect to do well. To be successful you have to treat it as a full time job. Unfortunately this does mean that it can be hard to cam while working a day job or can't devote a lot of time to it.

ShelterLight said:
These days I'm working my ass off trying to get back above 1000. I've been mostly around 600-900 and it's so frustrating. Nights when it's slow, but I stay on cam just in case I make a few tokens because I'm broke and need the $ make me want to cry. Sometimes I'm on for hours "just in case" and don't receive a single tip.

I cannot even begin to imagine how demoralizing this must feel. Any idiot who bitches about how being a cam model is the easiest job in the world should read this thread.

ShelterLight said:

Same. It's been stuck in the 700-900 area for months and it's driving me flipping mad. I work so hard to do interesting things in my room and be entertaining, and nobody cares. Thankfully I've got a couple of great regulars, but I feel bad depending so much on them. Just once I'd love for them to hang out in my room and watch me have a good night and not carry the weight of the entire room. And yeah, I've been on for hours without getting a single tip too. It blows monkey balls.

And then I have a great night! And it gives me (false?) hope. lol.

Mine is finally over 900. I'm terrified to go back on because I'm afraid the night I had was a total fluke and I'll just destroy it again.

I get scared and if nobody talks after 15 minutes I freak out and log off.

MFC is too stressful for me. I wish they'd get rid of the score altogether.

Evvie said:

Alas.

Jalyn, AspenRae and Roxibibi are three beautiful women, but I could spend five minutes looking at new models or models with low camscores and find ten gorgeous women that could easily rival them. It's not about physical or facial beauty, really. It's about how hard you work.

I could not agree more with this. I find it very annoying when you go to a models room and they are complaining about their camscore or trying to make rent etc and you check the stats on a site like http://mycamgirl.net/myfreecams/model/ and see they have worked a total of 100 hours in the last 6 months. Do not expect full time pay for part time work, the world generally does not work that way. Though I give some leeway to jobs like this, but the thought still stands. You have to put some work into it if you expect to be paid well.

Snikrenin said:
I'm a below 300 model. I'd kill to get back up even to 600. I really need a new webcam to do this but since I can't keep people in my room, I can't make enough to get it.

Not that I usually advocate getting to debt, but srsly, $50 on a credit card for a Logitech Pro 9000 isn't going to kill you. You gotta spend money to make money, hun.

Reactions: LeenaLiberty
bawksy said:
Snikrenin said:
I'm a below 300 model. I'd kill to get back up even to 600. I really need a new webcam to do this but since I can't keep people in my room, I can't make enough to get it.

Not that I usually advocate getting to debt, but srsly, $50 on a credit card for a Logitech Pro 9000 isn't going to kill you. You gotta spend money to make money, hun.

I appreciate these sentiments, but spending $50 just isn't something everyone can do. Yeah, I would make it a priority, but there have been times in my life where it was spend $50 or be late on my utilities that month.

(I don't have a credit card, and for someone struggling I think it would be pretty bad advice to suggest they start charging things they know they can't pay for).

And in the end - there is no guarantee that a better cam will pay for itself. Yeah, it'll probably help quite a bit, but it's no guarantee. So imo, make getting a new cam a top priority, but don't buy it if you can't afford it.

The highest my cam score has ever been is just shy of 1400, and that was back in October/Nov when I was putting in a little more time.

It's right below 1,000 right now, but I know it's possible to raise it, and raise it fast, when I was on for a couple hours a day, in just a week, I raised it nearly 400 points.

:D

Now to get back to it! I'm trying to get my camscore to 2,000 and stay there by my cammiversary (Sept 19)

Evvie said:
bawksy said:
Snikrenin said:

I appreciate these sentiments, but spending $50 just isn't something everyone can do. Yeah, I would make it a priority, but there have been times in my life where it was spend $50 or be late on my utilities that month.

(I don't have a credit card, and for someone struggling I think it would be pretty bad advice to suggest they start charging things they know they can't pay for).

And in the end - there is no guarantee that a better cam will pay for itself. Yeah, it'll probably help quite a bit, but it's no guarantee. So imo, make getting a new cam a top priority, but don't buy it if you can't afford it.

Exactly. For one, I can't even get a credit card.
Two, my boyfriend and I just sold a bunch of stuff yesterday just to get $40 to START to pay a bill.
Trust me if I had $50 to spare, I'd do it in a heartbeat if it meant possibly keeping people in my room to maybe give me money.
"Just buy one" is MUCH easier said than done.

Reactions: Evvie and LadyLuna
My camscore was over 1000 for a little while thanks to someone very kind helping me out.
Tonight was very slow, and it dropped down to just below again.
I wish I didn't have to spend all that time online and tank my score, but the end of the month is coming up and I don't want my rent to be late again. It just sucks when you cam from 6pm to almost 1am and make 1200 tokens. The whole time I was stressing about my score.
Thankfully I did have some people come by and chat with me, and it helped keep me from worrying about it too much.

Reactions: PhilofCanada
Gah! Highest room count ever today (50 people!) and yet my score plummeted almost 100 points. Bleeeeh, it was ALMOST 1000! :dance:

I was on the other night for 3 hours getting tipped fairly well and my camscore plummeted from 1980 to 704! I seriously wanted to cry the next day and email MFC asking how that is even possible but I know it wouldn't matter. I decided maybe MFC just isn't for me, I do much better on Streamate but I have more fun on MFC.

lilmissbianca said:
I was on the other night for 3 hours getting tipped fairly well and my camscore plummeted from 1980 to 704! I seriously wanted to cry the next day and email MFC asking how that is even possible but I know it wouldn't matter. I decided maybe MFC just isn't for me, I do much better on Streamate but I have more fun on MFC.

Umm....umm. :? I don't know what to think about that nor can I figure out how that might be possible. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you perhaps looked into your last 60 days?

lilmissbianca said:

What I've noticed is that even when tipping goes really well, if it slows down and I don't push hard to get tipping started again (because it's been going so well), my camscore will either stay the same or fall.

What often happens to me is that because I see a big total amount of tokens, I'll just relax and before I know it 30 minutes or an hour has gone by without a tip, and 60 minutes without a single token seems to be pretty detrimental to my score.

I have cammed exactly 1 month my score was the 1000 of course LOL then jumped in same month up to 1600 then evil period came and dropped me to 1400 LOL. I think reason it did is because I was still on to make some $$ selling my video and showing my breasts. So I was on for a couple hours a day still but not making as much. Here is why I dont care... :D..... The couple hundred dollars I made that week I needed fo my kids birthday gifts LMAO reason #2 my regulars (omg I have them already and feel so loved ) still came in to room to talk to me and tip for some tittys LOL #3 the cam score will drive u batty if u look at it too much

on another note someone said something about scaring off customers by being all over the place?....Um I am like all over too hahahah but the guys know it! I just tell them they never know what they are gonna get from leanne because only a wet squirting pussy is gaurenteed. I also talk A LOT and I mean A lot ..but I do really enjoy the mens company and I think they know it lol ...If you are not having fun it shows and if its not fun it's not 4 u.

disclaimer....yeah only one month but hell I am in ♥ with camming heheh

Status
Not open for further replies.