AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore( Below 1000)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarlettLeigh said:
lilmissbianca said:
I was on the other night for 3 hours getting tipped fairly well and my camscore plummeted from 1980 to 704! I seriously wanted to cry the next day and email MFC asking how that is even possible but I know it wouldn't matter. I decided maybe MFC just isn't for me, I do much better on Streamate but I have more fun on MFC.

Umm....umm. :? I don't know what to think about that nor can I figure out how that might be possible. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you perhaps looked into your last 60 days?

Yeah I did and I have no idea, thats a huge drop but it's okay because MFC doesn't pay the bills for me so it gave me that push to go work SM more.

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
lilmissbianca said:
ScarlettLeigh said:
lilmissbianca said:
I was on the other night for 3 hours getting tipped fairly well and my camscore plummeted from 1980 to 704! I seriously wanted to cry the next day and email MFC asking how that is even possible but I know it wouldn't matter. I decided maybe MFC just isn't for me, I do much better on Streamate but I have more fun on MFC.

Umm....umm. :? I don't know what to think about that nor can I figure out how that might be possible. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you perhaps looked into your last 60 days?

Yeah I did and I have no idea, thats a huge drop but it's okay because MFC doesn't pay the bills for me so it gave me that push to go work SM more.
I'm not sure how long you were on or how many tokens you made but do you use the software? If so did you maybe leave yourself logged in?

Reactions: lilmissbianca
JoleneJolene said:
lilmissbianca said:
ScarlettLeigh said:
lilmissbianca said:

I'm not sure how long you were on or how many tokens you made but do you use the software? If so did you maybe leave yourself logged in?

I did use the software but I made sure that I was logged out of both software and the profiles page. I forgot to log out properly one time and my cam score only went down a bit but it taught me to always check. I also checked on mycamgirl.net to see when it said I logged in and out and it was correct so it wasn't just me not logging out properly. Not sure what happened, but its okay :):) I'm not worried about it

lilmissbianca said:

For a totally unrelated side note, your signature links are not live. Just sayin'.

Evvie said:
One of the worst things is when I say to people, "I'm so excited! My camscore went up!" and they say to me, "well of course it did, look how cute you are." Camming takes hard work. We have to build websites, network, plan, brainstorm, work for hours behind the scenes, build a rapport with customers, work hard in customer service, plan events, raffles, prizes, create and sell content, and none of that is even being on the camera entertaining men for hours who feel that they are entitled to your services and don't feel obligated to say hello, forget about tipping. And then we get in to all the money we need to spend on equipment, lighting, clothes, makeup, and props just to stay competitive.

THIS. I'm working really hard outside the cam: making research of games, lighting, music and naughty things I can do on cam, watching other model ideas and rooms, trying poses and dances, improving my English, making marketing on Twitter, etc etc etc.

I also have an excel sheet with camscore, schedule, tippers and tokens earned each day from both sites so I can see what hours work best for me and trying to be online and please my regulars. It's really relaxing to watch your camscore monthly by MyCamGirl instead of daily on MyFreeCams and I recommend it for stopping the camscore obsession: I only see my camscore for making a monthly average and see if it has dropped or upped.

BTW, every feeling you have on cam is been watched by your customers, so it is very important to get online only when you are feeling good, horny and positive, and stop the cam if you are feeling down. That's what I am doing and it's working for me ^__^

kittydorei said:
BTW, every feeling you have on cam is been watched by your customers, so it is very important to get online only when you are feeling good, horny and positive, and stop the cam if you are feeling down. That's what I am doing and it's working for me ^__^

Absolutely agree — this is one of the reasons I had to stop doing MFC for the most part. The camscore obsession spiral was killing it for me. Mine hovers around 935 and will NOT go any higher, thus room numbers stay down, thus cam score goes lower and lower... EEK! I just couldn't take it :lol: Nowdays I get on MFC a few times a week for fun, but never stay very long :(

I wish they'd get rid of the score all together.

Vanessa Jade said:
kittydorei said:

Amen to that! Too many wonderful models have lower camscores and vice versa. Just goes to show that you can't rely on camscore alone.

Speaking of camscore, while I can see that some sort of scoring method is helpful to a site with so many members, I really don't see any rhyme or reason to the current camscore formula (if there is an actual formula). It would be an intriguing project for a Ph.D level math course to figure out the camscore formula based on observation. I would be skeptical that it could be done.

Reactions: Tia_Fae
DrRex said:
Vanessa Jade said:
kittydorei said:

Amen to that! Too many wonderful models have lower camscores and vice versa. Just goes to show that you can't rely on camscore alone.

Speaking of camscore, while I can see that some sort of scoring method is helpful to a site with so many members, I really don't see any rhyme or reason to the current camscore formula (if there is an actual formula). It would be an intriguing project for a Ph.D level math course to figure out the camscore formula based on observation. I would be skeptical that it could be done.

For the most part, it's honestly pretty simple. Don't let the amount of pages scare you :lol: but there is some good info in here if your curious.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=566&hilit=new+high+camscore

Reactions: DrRex
JoleneJolene said:
DrRex said:
Vanessa Jade said:
kittydorei said:

For the most part, it's honestly pretty simple. Don't let the amount of pages scare you :lol: but there is some good info in here if your curious.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=566&hilit=new+high+camscore

Thank you! :)

I actually decided the other day to freaking forget about my damn cam score...
I have been stressing out about it for a while, and I finally just said to hell with it.

It sucks to have a crappy score (as I have had one for a while,) but I just got to keep going and do what I got to do. I don't let it affect my self-esteem or anything like that or let it make me think I am "bad model." I know it would likely help tremendously but apparently it just takes time for some, or most of us.

I also found that spending less time in other models rooms who have amazing cam scores, especially the ones who really don't do much, has helped a great deal as well. I found that this just got me really frustrated.

Also, hoping that I will one day get that "big" tip, like the ones you always see here and there... I let go of that also. If it happens, it happens (I still hope it does one day though :)

There is a lot of talk about camscore... and yes, it is rather frustrating...I feel your pain. We all got to make a living somehow and camming is very time consuming and hard work. I try to subtly remind people of that, to benefit not only myself, but all of you guys.

And sometimes.......................
there is just some damn fishy stuff going on with the camscore as well... but that is another issue I care not to get into at this point.

Anyhow, just my two cents on it...

Best wishes to you all

sweet_fall said:
I'm curious as to how you did this? I just started last week, but because I was so gung-ho about it, I've absolutely killed my camscore (under 300 killed). And from my understanding, the longer I'm on without getting tokens, the lower my score will go. I made up some regulars, but they're all broke bastards (silly me) and they're only good at times at keeping the conversation going.

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread in a while but I raised my score by guest-perving what other girls do, some top models, some lower-scored models and a lot that are sort of grouped in to the same category as me since I'm a BBW. I took some ideas from other girls and made them my own.

A few of the things that you could try to raise your score (totally ignore mine which has taken a hit recently back to the 900s):

*Promote yourself everywhere when you're going to get on cam. I love twitter. Also, use the news feeds (sparingly) as some guys just refuse to get twitter.
*Do offline raffles. Every other month I do a raffle that is strictly promoted offline for offline tips. It really helped a lot to have so many extra offline tips.
*Get to know your regulars. Remembering their name, where they're from, if they're married...it sometimes goes a long way to show you put in some effort and you DO actually care/remember and aren't just treating them like customers.
*Be active. Talk. Dance. Move. Whatever. (I don't dance, however, I don't just sit there staring at the screen. I tease. I talk. I sing along to 90s music into my hitachi like it's a microphone.)
*Don't be afraid to be yourself, to let your personality shine through. If you're a cheeseball, show your guys that side. I make goofy faces at the camera, laugh at my corny jokes (actually, I've been tipped to stop telling bad jokes several times).
*Stick to a schedule. I know it's been said over and over again, but if they know when to find you and they have the tokens to spend, they'll likely spend them on you. If you aren't there when they are, they'll likely find someone to satisfy whatever needs they had.

Hopefully that helps you a little. Send me a PM if ya need anything else. :)

This is mainly just a "Thank You" post.

Ahhhh, (<----) that is my sigh of relief, because these posts by you wonderful, hardworking ladies about the struggle to overcome the camscore has made me realize I'm not alone. That having a score over 1000 isn't going to happen overnight, and really to not get too comfortable wherever your place, because with one or two slow days it's going to drop. Ultimately, it's the money/experience that matters not the stupid rank.

Reactions: LadyLuna
This is a good thread (for me) so I'm going to put in my $0.02.

1st, not ALL girls that have 2nd accounts or who delete their accounts for a new one are doing it so that they can scam the members. SOME are, but many (and I for one) aren't. Some girls really do work their ass off, engage, dance, tease, flirt, get to know their regs and STILL struggle on this site for whatever reason. I have only changed my account once but this was mostly because I had quit camming for a bit and never even logged in for nearly 6 months or something. AND I do feel entitled to a "fresh start" per say since I do know in my heart that I worked very, very hard before and was good to my members.

2nd, the reasons I STOPPED camming on MFC were pretty much ALL centered around the camscore. I did okay for the most part- I managed to stay between 1200 and 2200 for the most part WHEN I WAS LOGGING IN REGULARLY. Then, I had a really, really heavy period (like, I was anemic) and was not active AT ALL for a week. Didn't respond to emails, any of that. When I DID log back in 9 days later I found that many of my "regulars" had found other rooms that preferred to be in, and making new regulars seemed to be getting harder and harder. My score got sort of stuck around 800.

The CS itself wasn't the problem- it was the anxiety that I had surrounding it that began to interfere with my cam "career." I was constantly moody on cam and if was logged in for an hour and didn't make anything, I would freak and log out immediately and then my score would drop lower and lower until I no longer had the motivation to log in anymore. So yeah, I quit. I am starting MFC again next week, but I've decided to do a few things differently (even before I've started logging in):

- I took the time to make a new website that was more centered around MFC and put in lots and lots of info about myself. I've even started a blog. The site's almost done as well!

- I bought a new HD camera. It's not the 9000 but it's still friggin' awesome compared to my old one.

- I've made a lot of content to sell. Mostly videos and one to cater to many of the major fetishes/ sexual preferences.

- I've been doing a lot more reading on these forums, asking for help, and really planning my shows out.

- I've decided to have a "thing." My big "thing" is going to be making custom content for offline tokens (which will further boost my camscore) and I can always resell most of the custom content as well!

- I have a couple back-up plans in case MFC tanks this time around for whatever reason. I have a SM account that I use now and then, and am on MGF as well.

I realize this isn't a total guarantee of success this time around and am not setting myself up for a big dissapointment, but I am a little more proactive than before. I loved FC and am NOT going to let this camscore thing get me down this time no matter what the outcome. Sorry for the long-ass post and I'll update you guys and gals after my 1st week back at MFC to let you know if there's much of a different pattern with my camscore than there was before.

Reactions: bob and LadyLuna
To keep my camscore over 1000 or around it : i worked long hrs(abt 12)..had 2groups and one pvt per day or the other way around.
I rekon it was way easyer over two years ago to keep that camscore a bit steady at least.
I am not saying this is a good solution just saying how i did it :)

To make it a bit clearer of how i worked:
- i was shit scared frozen in front of the cam dancing like 5-10dances for 50 tk each :))
- i didn't knew english well so i was too scared of talking...only typing
- i had one toy only
So i was a pretty damn bad model

Okay, I am officially baffled by this camscore thingamabob. Last year, I would have to average about 600 tokens an hour to maintain a CS a little around 1500. I started on my new account today, but could log on only for a little bit since I had plans. I finished a 700-token countdown for a nude oil show in 93 minutes and 2 hours after logging off it showed that I still had 1000 CS. I JUST checked my profile again to look at something else and noticed that my Camscore was suddenly down to 973. Wha Da Fuh? This is 6 hours later!!!

MadiSin_Moon said:
Okay, I am officially baffled by this camscore thingamabob. Last year, I would have to average about 600 tokens an hour to maintain a CS a little around 1500. I started on my new account today, but could log on only for a little bit since I had plans. I finished a 700-token countdown for a nude oil show in 93 minutes and 2 hours after logging off it showed that I still had 1000 CS. I JUST checked my profile again to look at something else and noticed that my Camscore was suddenly down to 973. Wha Da Fuh? This is 6 hours later!!!

It takes more tokens to keep a 1000 camscore these days.

That's because of camscore being based on the average that all the models make. The highest models are making 10x what they used to make, which overbalances the camscore to be a higher token/hour than it used to be.

Back in late 2009 early 2010, my camscore was always within 200 points of 1000, and I was averaging 1800 tokens in 8 hours. (225 tokens/hour). At 1000, I think my average was 300 tokens an hour. you say you needed 600/hour last year, so in 1 year, it doubled. This year, I think it's closer to needing 1500/hour. I "know" I can't make that as I am.

Reactions: MadiSin_Moon
LadyLuna said:
MadiSin_Moon said:

It takes more tokens to keep a 1000 camscore these days.

That's because of camscore being based on the average that all the models make. The highest models are making 10x what they used to make, which overbalances the camscore to be a higher token/hour than it used to be.

Back in late 2009 early 2010, my camscore was always within 200 points of 1000, and I was averaging 1800 tokens in 8 hours. (225 tokens/hour). At 1000, I think my average was 300 tokens an hour. you say you needed 600/hour last year, so in 1 year, it doubled. This year, I think it's closer to needing 1500/hour. I "know" I can't make that as I am.
Luna is correct that it takes more now than it used to just to maintain the same camscore. But this universally affects all models so everyone is in the same boat, most models do not have camscores above 5k.

If you are confused as to why your camscore changed 6 hours later, camscores do not adjust instantly. It does indeed take several hours for your score to refresh, there is no reason for them to make it instant (the more often scripts run on the site, the slower it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.