AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JustLooking said:
ComicOzzie said:
A model's camscore plays absolutely no role in my decision to see her or not. I take that back. If her score is too high, I usually avoid her. Why? Because she already has 500 fanboys in her room.

I don't care about a models camscore (*puke* horrible term) but I generally avoid rooms that are a) Have over, say, 200+ people in 'cause I'd just end up in a futile grab for a models time & attention. b) Have too few members ,if any, where there a zero vibe & the model is generally bored &/or pissed off. Being on page on is where you're likely to make more money at the expense of attracting more wankers (no pun intended) & freeloaders...I suspect I'm in a minority of members who avoid page one models.

Page one models have been mentioned a few times. Depending on how you have your homepage settings, page one is full of diversity. Nothing against you going to page two, just I think you are actually missing out on some awesome girls on page one. Hell even most new models are at the bottom of page one.

Reactions: schlmoe
bawksy said:
Brilynne said:
I suspect there really isn't any actual formula for it.

And I suspect you didn't read any of the previous 27 pages.
Some, not all. I don't feel I'm required to sift through 27 pages of redundancies before adding my own experience.

It will be okay, I promise.

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
JoleneJolene said:
JustLooking said:
Being on page on is where you're likely to make more money at the expense of attracting more wankers (no pun intended) & freeloaders...I suspect I'm in a minority of members who avoid page one models.
Page one models have been mentioned a few times. Depending on how you have your homepage settings, page one is full of diversity. Nothing against you going to page two, just I think you are actually missing out on some awesome girls on page one. Hell even most new models are at the bottom of page one.
i just set the settings to 1000 models per page and ignored all on page two since then... ;-)

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Brilynne said:
bawksy said:
Brilynne said:
I suspect there really isn't any actual formula for it.

And I suspect you didn't read any of the previous 27 pages.
Some, not all. I don't feel I'm required to sift through 27 pages of redundancies before adding my own experience.

It will be okay, I promise.

Well the best formula we can figure out is found within these pages of awesome... To the best of every ones abilities anyway.

I've found some hidden gems on page 2, hell I was on page 2 for awhile when I first started and didn't understand that the camscore was so important. Kind of small minded to assume that because you're not on page one that you suck. Wowza.

Reactions: TashaDutch
ScarlettLeigh said:
I've found some hidden gems on page 2, hell I was on page 2 for awhile when I first started and didn't understand that the camscore was so important. Kind of small minded to assume that because you're not on page one that you suck. Wowza.

Just thought I should clarify that this is a general statement and not aimed at any one particular individual.

During the last couple of days I've come across 4 profiles of girls who somehow managed to hide their camscore. It just doesn't show up on their profile.
I wonder how that even works, and I also wonder why anyone would want to do that :roll: I mean, it's not like hiding your CS will make you magically rise on the list, right.

Lily90x said:
During the last couple of days I've come across 4 profiles of girls who somehow managed to hide their camscore. It just doesn't show up on their profile.
I wonder how that even works, and I also wonder why anyone would want to do that :roll: I mean, it's not like hiding your CS will make you magically rise on the list, right.

It means the model is on the "Asian" homepage. Nothing within their control afaik.

Zoomer said:
It means the model is on the "Asian" homepage. Nothing within their control afaik.
No, those were models who were on the normal homepage...

Well, you're a model - you can hide your camscore?

So far I've only seen this on Asian originating profiles (I don't know if they appear on the Asian page or not, just noticed they are Philippine origin). However, if you can hide your camscore, then why not just ask them instead? Do they bite or something?
Out of interest - where do they appear - in amongst the rest or all alone in a special bit. The reason I ask is because if they're placed amongst the models, then I'd assume their placement is by...camscore. Meaning look to the left/right and you'll know her camscore is between them, which defeats the point of hiding it.

Lily90x said:
Zoomer said:
No, those were models who were on the normal homepage...
Names would be helpful. Do their camscores appear on their popups?

Zoomer said:
Well, you're a model - you can hide your camscore?

So far I've only seen this on Asian originating profiles (I don't know if they appear on the Asian page or not, just noticed they are Philippine origin). However, if you can hide your camscore, then why not just ask them instead? Do they bite or something?
Out of interest - where do they appear - in amongst the rest or all alone in a special bit. The reason I ask is because if they're placed amongst the models, then I'd assume their placement is by...camscore. Meaning look to the left/right and you'll know her camscore is between them, which defeats the point of hiding it.
Exactly, that's why I don't get why they do it.
For someone with zero html knowledge, like me, I suppose it's impossible to hide your camscore, just like it's impossible to hide Body type, Ethnicity, Hair etc.
I just assume they messed around with the CSS or something.
I could have asked them about it of course, but I doubt I would've gotten a response.
As far as I remember, they appeared amongst the rest.. They were just random profiles on which I clicked.

I don't remember their names, but if I come across another one I'll just put it here..

Have noticed sometimes there is an issue with the Account signup date not always appearing in the model panel if using IE on some model accounts.

Might be a similar issue.

Lily90x said:
It is possible. I've seen some profiles using CSS to hide fields. The field is not being displayed, but it is there. Check the HTML code and you will find it.

nzhere said:
Have noticed sometimes there is an issue with the Account signup date not always appearing in the model panel if using IE on some model accounts.
The "Signed Up" that appears on tooltip? I've noticed it too and it also happens on members. I think it is a bug.

Do you guys think that a good connection is calculated in the mysterious camscore formula too?

I know connection is what Streamate uses for their placement. Hmmm..

MyCamgirl said:
Lily90x said:
It is possible. I've seen some profiles using CSS to hide fields. The field is not being displayed, but it is there. Check the HTML code and you will find it.

Then some clever model may be able to hide their real camscore and insert their own fake one :think: :think:

nzhere said:
Then some clever model may be able to hide their real camscore and insert their own fake one :think: :think:

Which member is interested in camscores for finding a model that suits him?
She will still be in her place at the web page. All she could do is to piss member off that discover the shit.

I see your point Cammi. Camscore means placement and placement means attention -> more member more tokens.

i just wanted to point out that the manipulation of the camscore value in the profile view will most likely not result in a manipulation of the placement. it is just a value in the profile page and not read by the mfc-software that sorts the models according to their score.

So if a low camscore model manipulates the value in her profile - what is the benefit? She is still on the last page. A member will look over the models but he will not into a models profile, think "wow - great camscore" and then visit her room.

Traditio said:
I see your point Cammi. Camscore means placement and placement means attention -> more member more tokens.

i just wanted to point out that the manipulation of the camscore value in the profile view will most likely not result in a manipulation of the placement. it is just a value in the profile page and not read by the mfc-software that sorts the models according to their score.

So if a low camscore model manipulates the value in her profile - what is the benefit? She is still on the last page. A member will look over the models but he will not into a models profile, think "wow - great camscore" and then visit her room.

I agree. You can easily overlay a fake camscore text on a profile using CSS, but it does nothing for the home page or popup info on a model.

For a drop like that there must have been a negative number of tokens earned. Read what you want into that.

BullFrogBlues said:
For a drop like that there must have been a negative number of tokens earned. Read what you want into that.
You mean like what I said earlier in this thread about her big jump?

Mikeythegeek said:
Sevrin said:
In a case like that, if I were an MFC admin, I'd make a post in 'Fuck Yeah' thread.
They wouldn't be celebrating if they found that fraud was involved and there were stolen credit cards used for this.

To go from around 2000 to 28000 in 18 days is just something that doesn't happen. Unless the token income across MFC has dropped THAT much in a few days and I'm certain that's not the reality.
Yeah, that sounds plausible.

ComicOzzie said:

There seems to be a single guy claiming to have tipped her for the spike.
It baffles me why #1, any guy would spend so much so quick but for his own ego and
#2, If he has that much purchase power, why doesn't he use his brain and spread the tips over a few days or even weeks to carry the score so it doesnt spike and crash ? Oh well... hard cocks cant think very logically .... :laughing6: :laughing6:

SoTxBob said:
ComicOzzie said:

It baffles me why #1, any guy would spend so much so quick but for his own ego and
#2, If he has that much purchase power, why doesn't he use his brain and spread the tips over a few days or even weeks to carry the score so it doesnt spike and crash ? Oh well... hard cocks cant think very logically .... :laughing6: :laughing6:

The blood rushes to each head seperately. :h:

SoTxBob said:
ComicOzzie said:

Maybe the tipper didn't give a crap about her camscore and just wanted to give her a large tip. Not everyone tips their model of choice to raise a camscore, sometimes they just do it, you know, cuz they like her. ;)

It's possible that it was legit. Imagine this scenario:

Girl is new. Girl works a few hours here and there for first month or so. Gets just enough tokens/hour to maintain a 2-3k camscore. One day within her first 60 days, she gets on cam and works just an hour. Sweet tipper decides to give her a huge tip (say, 45k to 50k tip) and she logs off very soon after. Thus, her hours worked remain tiny, and tokens earned per time worked skyrockets. Girl takes a week off of MFC completely, getting a couple offline tips here and there which maintains her score. Girl gets back on cam and works a full session, maybe 6 hours and doesn't make many tokens at all. Thus, diluting her tokens/hour ratio drastically and crashing her temporarily awesome score.

I don't think it's unlikely. We haven't seen as many studio-inflated scamscores lately. This could be one, but since someone is fessing up to being the tipper, who knows!

I mean, if I took 2 months off, then came online and made 50k tokens in just a couple hours or less, I'm betting that you'd see my score jump to a crazy number as well. But as I got on cam more and more hours after that, it would drop relatively quickly unless I maintained that insane amount of tokens/hour. Absolutely every sign points to camscore only taking into account hours WORKED/ONLINE. That's why we see girls who are almost never in the top 20 maintaining scores over 10k. Tattgoddess is a great example. When she gets on cam she does very very well! I've never seen her with a low camscore, but we also don't see her in the top 20. She only works a few hours here and there (not enough to accumulate the amount of tokens for a top 20 spot), but does VERY good token-wise while she is on.

It seems to me that it would be pretty complicated to inflate a camscore with stolen credit cards. In order to buy or store a very large number of tokens, the account would need to be well established, or ID would need to be submitted. Neither option would be attractive to scammers.

It might be possible to spread this over multiple a counts,but that's just a PITA. Now if MFC was the victim of a fraud and that fraud involved a model or studio account, why would they allow the account to remain active?

Status
Not open for further replies.