AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SoTxBob said:
It baffles me why #1, any guy would spend so much so quick[/color]

He's either very generous, very foolish, or both.

Some guys make a lot of money, and rather than donate to charity, they prefer to toss a truckload of nickels at their favorite single mom.

There are also a lot of wealthy, emotionally fragile, and easily exploitable men on MFC. Many lonely men have spent tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on models, trying to win their affections, only to have their hearts broken when the dream eventually falls apart.

There's also a lot of organized crime using MFC to launder money.

Who knows which of the above was the real reason.

Reactions: SoTxBob
OMG I herd the gurl iz marrid to Leo and dis woz 4 h1t to get rid of agnt99 dat faild, so leo got monies bck frm hitgurl.

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh I do love MFC conspiracy and drama :D

The old saying "the simplest explanation is often the correct one" - so I'll side with Ambers post.

The thing I love about MFC is the drama or conspiracy theories it attracts. Maybe she got a big tip, maybe a kid used their parents CC to tip her hugely, and now they're grounded for a century.

Who knows (who cares :D ) - has anyone tried asking the model if they're that interested? Don't get the idea of speculation without at least asking her about it first.
I do love reading speculation though :D

bawksy said:
There's also a lot of organized crime using MFC to launder money.

Evidence? I'm still not convinced by this. Lose 30% of your money, although I guess you could then pay tax on the income to legitimise the money (which is usually half the headache of criminals is it not?) - but people keep stating this yet where's the evidence? I assumed people stated this as it's a simple throw away suggestion which has no evidence, requires no understanding (as not many really understand money laundering - me included - so the voodoo factor) and more.

Anyway, fun reading :D

First off, Hi to all here :-D

The guy who tipped Lirit had his own personal reason for doing so. He could and he did.
There is no credit scam involved here whatsoever.
If fraud was involved his accounts would have been suspended but they are not.
The tips were spread over a one week period and not one big tip.
She has been online but not for the last few days.
I'm still 100% baffled as to why the sudden loss.

Reactions: harry
Tedy_ said:

The guy who tipped Lirit had his own personal reason for doing so. He could and he did.

Does this count as a haiku?

Reactions: SoTxBob
AmberCutie said:
Maybe the tipper didn't give a crap about her camscore and just wanted to give her a large tip. Not everyone tips their model of choice to raise a camscore, sometimes they just do it, you know, cuz they like her. ;)

What a refreshing concept !!! :lol: :lol:

If more would take on that thinking, maybe I wouldn't get so much spam for tipping a girl to get dressed when the pervs are being so disrespectful ..... Hope springs eternal.... :p

SoTxBob said:
AmberCutie said:
Maybe the tipper didn't give a crap about her camscore and just wanted to give her a large tip. Not everyone tips their model of choice to raise a camscore, sometimes they just do it, you know, cuz they like her. ;)

What a refreshing concept !!! :lol: :lol:

If more would take on that thinking, maybe I wouldn't get so much spam for tipping a girl to get dressed when the pervs are being so disrespectful ..... Hope springs eternal.... :p

in the human breast; man never is, but to always be blest. :h:

Love that passage.

Also, truth. I wish the conspiracy would stop, seriously. Some tip to tip, and some don't because they don't.

Reactions: SoTxBob and Sevrin
NerdCandy said:
Also, truth. I wish the conspiracy would stop, seriously. Some tip to tip, and some don't because they don't.

Seriously. If you don't tip, you're a freeloader. If you do tip, you're emotionally fragile and needy. If you say nothing, you're a zombie and if you do talk, you're a white knight.

Sevrin said:
NerdCandy said:

Seriously. If you don't tip, you're a freeloader. If you do tip, you're emotionally fragile and needy. If you say nothing, you're a zombie and if you do talk, you're a white knight.

LOL. Fire is hot. Water is wet.

Reactions: schlmoe
So my cam score, which I'm not really worried about right now, is 615.4 but out of every one whose rated me (a whooping 12 yeah I know) gives me an average of 5 stars... I think I'm just going to do two hour shifts and ignore my cam score for a while see what happens :pray:

Tedy_ said:

Yes, the 3 steps up are clear (13th 3K->16K, 15th 15K-> 21K, 18th Aug 21K -> 27K), but the one step down (7th Sept 27K -> 3K) is puzzling. If she's only been on for a few minutes at a time since June it's difficult to see how those would change the total time on cam enough to cause that drop in one go.

If she'd been online for a long shift amounting to hours on the 6th, that might suddenly increase the total time on cam to bring the Camscore down dramatically in one go, though not necessarily to the previous baseline.

Other than that, it suggests Camscore (or a component of it) may be calculated for a much shorter time-frame than 60 days (c. 25 days), or the allegations can't be dismissed even if they're baseless.

There are several sources adding specific detail (180K tokens over a week) and tending to corroborate each other and consistent with the data, so I'd be inclined to think the total time on cam must have changed dramatically on the 6th Sep. If her time on cam didn't change much then Camscore (or a component of it) may be calculated on a much shorter time-frame than 60 days but then I'd expect 3 steps down.

Attachments

• misslirit_30days.PNG
    misslirit_30days.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 352
Hey everyone,

So my cam score is awful because MFC has never been my main site. I'm tempted to try out MFC again now that MFC is Mac compatible.

But is it worth trying to raise my cam score which is 657? Or should I just make a new account and start from scratch?

Any input would be great!

BellaBellini said:
Hey everyone,

So my cam score is awful because MFC has never been my main site. I'm tempted to try out MFC again now that MFC is Mac compatible.

But is it worth trying to raise my cam score which is 657? Or should I just make a new account and start from scratch?

This is a problem for models, who, for instance, work on LJ, and chat there, and also on MFC. Members see the model chatting with an empty room and assume they are not interested in their room on MFC. Members enter a room, say hello, and after a couple of minutes with no reaction hit "> Next Model". You're on cam, and getting no tokens and your camscore takes a beating.

Even if you do rejoin MFC, it will be hard to get your camscore up unless you also focus on your room on MFC. Whether that's worthwhile for you all depends on how well you are earning on your other site(s). MFC can work for you, but if you're doing well elsewhere, why bother? As for making a new account, that's not as easy as it has been in the past.

Does anyone know what would cause over 100 point drop in 1 day? I haven't been doing that bad lately and had just finally gotten it over 2000 and was almost to 2100 and today it tanked to 1895. :S Oh well, looks like I just have to work extra hard tonight.

I gave up trying to get my camscore as low as possible/below 100, people keep tipping me. :crybaby: :(
I did think about putting the minimum tip as 100,000,000,000 so no one could tip, then it'd lower, but that would be cheating and I wanted to lower it through being myself/being crap, not by cheating haha. :oops:
It's around 400 now though and I'm happy with that, it doesn't seem to change much, even if I'm on 12 hours straight and make less than 100 tokens. :dance:

blackxrose said:
Does anyone know what would cause over 100 point drop in 1 day? I haven't been doing that bad lately and had just finally gotten it over 2000 and was almost to 2100 and today it tanked to 1895. :S Oh well, looks like I just have to work extra hard tonight.
Did you have a good token day 60 days prior to the drop off? If so, that's the cause.

Mikeythegeek said:
blackxrose said:
Did you have a good token day 60 days prior to the drop off? If so, that's the cause.
Nope :( Just went kerpluey all of a sudden today. I'm making almost exactly the same now as I was 2 months ago.

blackxrose said:
Does anyone know what would cause over 100 point drop in 1 day?
blackxrose said:
I'm making almost exactly the same now as I was 2 months ago.
As far as i understand the camscore so far it has to do with your tokens in relative to the tokens all other models made.
So if you make your normal average but all other models had a over-average day you drop in camscore.

Sometimes my camscore random rises or drops throughout the day, even if I wasn't even on cam at all. :?

Rose my score dropped again too )= I havent looked back at my 60 day history though so I am not sure of the reason. I figure it will level out again soon but right now its gonna drop because I am not making as much money/working as many hours so my stats are all out of wack. I figure once my big days drop off and I have 60 days of average time/tokens that my score will rise again.

Sevrin said:
BellaBellini said:
Hey everyone,

This is a problem for models, who, for instance, work on LJ, and chat there, and also on MFC. Members see the model chatting with an empty room and assume they are not interested in their room on MFC. Members enter a room, say hello, and after a couple of minutes with no reaction hit "> Next Model". You're on cam, and getting no tokens and your camscore takes a beating.

Even if you do rejoin MFC, it will be hard to get your camscore up unless you also focus on your room on MFC. Whether that's worthwhile for you all depends on how well you are earning on your other site(s). MFC can work for you, but if you're doing well elsewhere, why bother? As for making a new account, that's not as easy as it has been in the past.

Oh I don't split cam. I just never spent much time on MFC because it wasn't Mac compatible. But I'm tempted to try again now that I can cam on MFC on my Mac.

I do well on my main cam site Streamate. But there are things you can do on MFC that you can't do on Streamate like sell panties or custom videos.

Has anyone successfully raised a terrible cam score or should I just start from scratch?

Lily90x said:
Zoomer said:
Well, you're a model - you can hide your camscore?

So far I've only seen this on Asian originating profiles (I don't know if they appear on the Asian page or not, just noticed they are Philippine origin). However, if you can hide your camscore, then why not just ask them instead? Do they bite or something?
Out of interest - where do they appear - in amongst the rest or all alone in a special bit. The reason I ask is because if they're placed amongst the models, then I'd assume their placement is by...camscore. Meaning look to the left/right and you'll know her camscore is between them, which defeats the point of hiding it.
Exactly, that's why I don't get why they do it.
For someone with zero html knowledge, like me, I suppose it's impossible to hide your camscore, just like it's impossible to hide Body type, Ethnicity, Hair etc.
I just assume they messed around with the CSS or something.
I could have asked them about it of course, but I doubt I would've gotten a response.
As far as I remember, they appeared amongst the rest.. They were just random profiles on which I clicked.

I don't remember their names, but if I come across another one I'll just put it here..

its easy to hide everything... well.. except your camscore.. dont fill in anything.. and it isnt there... ;);)

They really have to change that crap with your camscore going down when you're not getting tips, even when you're not on cam. I can't even have a normal chat via PM with my regulars anymore, because the whole time I have to be afraid of the camscore dropping.

Lily90x said:
They really have to change that crap with your camscore going down when you're not getting tips, even when you're not on cam. I can't even have a normal chat via PM with my regulars anymore, because the whole time I have to be afraid of the camscore dropping.

Yeah, I agree, that's a pain. What many models do to work around it is to create a separate basic/premium account just for chatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.