AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a query about camscore if anyone can answer it. My favourite model has a camscore of around 1600 and she is the only model I tip. Her camscore used to be lower than that but thanks mainly to my tips in the last couple of months its improved by around 200 points. But in the last week or so her camscore has only been staying the same or even going down slightly when it should have improved with the number of tokens she made per hour. This is strange. For example last week she was on cam for only an hour and i tipped her a total of 1400 tokens but her camscore did not improve at all when it next updated, this for a model with a camscore in the 1600's. Also yesterday she was on cam for exactly 2 hours with a camscore of about 1670 and again made 1400 tokens not all from me this time, and makes an average of 700 tokens per hour which again should improve a camscore of a model in the 1600's. But i've just checked her latest score and it has DROPPED to 1650 something?? How does that work? I'm starting to wonder if MFC stop a members tips counting to a models camscore if they continually tip the same model? But if so this is totally unfair because I just tip her because I like her not for any manipulation.

I can guarantee if doesn't matter if someone continually tips one model.
I know a model who gets 90% of her tips by 1 guy for over 1 year and she's in the 3000 range and always see her camscore drop or rise depends how he tips.

Redone said:
I've got a query about camscore if anyone can answer it. My favourite model has a camscore of around 1600 and she is the only model I tip. Her camscore used to be lower than that but thanks mainly to my tips in the last couple of months its improved by around 200 points. But in the last week or so her camscore has only been staying the same or even going down slightly when it should have improved with the number of tokens she made per hour. This is strange. For example last week she was on cam for only an hour and i tipped her a total of 1400 tokens but her camscore did not improve at all when it next updated, this for a model with a camscore in the 1600's. Also yesterday she was on cam for exactly 2 hours with a camscore of about 1670 and again made 1400 tokens not all from me this time, and makes an average of 700 tokens per hour which again should improve a camscore of a model in the 1600's. But i've just checked her latest score and it has DROPPED to 1650 something?? How does that work? I'm starting to wonder if MFC stop a members tips counting to a models camscore if they continually tip the same model? But if so this is totally unfair because I just tip her because I like her not for any manipulation.

I believe MFC tweaked the algorithm that calculates camscore recently to prevent obvious manipulation after one model reached a massive score of 107,000 with virtually no cam time.

I doubt that having a small base of tippers would be any problem for your friends score though. Many factors can and do affect camscore... best to scroll back and scan over the last 4/5 pages in this thread... that might help.

Reactions: ScarletRaven
Scamscore is ridiculous!!

I have a business/ sales background so it is very hard for me not to be able to understand a number that is applied to me as a measurement of my performance. People tell you not to worry about it and I have gotten to the point where I don't anymore, but it was not easy. I sought guidance from MFC admin after a very frustrating drop a while back. The drop cam after an EPIC night on cam and I just could not understand.

MFC admin responded by quoting the Wiki they use to provide info to members and models. I was so frustrated by their response! After having this email exchange I decided to let it go. Its still hard because its a number that reflects me in some way but Mila is right, once you get on the first page that is helps the most. The best way to get members in your room is what I call "PussyToCamBitch!" This does not always mean putting my pussy right in front of the cam, it just mean I gotta be creative and get into the Most Viewed rooms. Once I am there I need to tell people to add me as a friend so they don't miss anymore good times! This way I am on their friends list and at the top pf the list :)

Happy camming and perving everyone!!

XOXO
Scarlet

MFC Response:

Everything we can explain about CamScore is here:

WIKI
Do 1 token tips lower CamScore?
No. All tokens help raise your CamScore.
There is nothing that a member can do to lower your CamScore.
Is CamScore really important?
No. It is just a number that goes up and down. Our suggestion is to ignore it.

It is entirely automatic and the same for everyone. As you earn more tokens your CamScore will go up.

Thanks!

My pissed off response back:

That is a weak response, I was hoping for more. Yesterday I made 25,000 tokens, was only on cam for 2 hours and my camscore did not even budge. I am sorry but how much more can you expect someone to make?

Have a nice day.

Scarlet

ScarletRaven said:

(...)Once I am there I need to tell people to add me as a friend so they don't miss anymore good times! This way I am on their friends list and at the top pf the list :)

XOXO
Scarlet

(...)

THAT!

That and asking for people to add you at their model notifications, I believe, are actually way more important than the usual "Don't forget to rate and admire me!" thing.

The point about making sure people add you to their friends list is a great one. It's been a while since I promoted that, so thank you for the reminder!

However, one of the biggest and most important reasons for me to maintain a good camscore is that being visible to new people is key. As we know, the majority of MFC models do depend on building up a good core group of regulars. These regulars certainly keep us going day in/day out as far as motivation, friendly chat, and tokens. It's clear that the main % of my token income does come from my regulars. But it's unfair to just rely on only those same people all the time to keep our paycheck steady, so for me, always being able to be found by new people (who are likely to tip/join group/buy a video/pics) is important to me.

So on those days where I feel guilty for mentioning that my camscore is dropping, or after I've had to log off early due to a particularly slow session, I just have to remember that my motivations for this aren't just a selfish ploy to keep a meaningless number up and feed my ego. I do it to maintain the balance of the burden. I know my regulars will always be the biggest support, but I'll always try my hardest to make sure they aren't the only ones chipping in.

ScarletRaven said:

I have a business/ sales background so it is very hard for me not to be able to understand a number that is applied to me as a measurement of my performance. People tell you not to worry about it and I have gotten to the point where I don't anymore, but it was not easy. I sought guidance from MFC admin after a very frustrating drop a while back. The drop cam after an EPIC night on cam and I just could not understand.

MFC admin responded by quoting the Wiki they use to provide info to members and models. I was so frustrated by their response! After having this email exchange I decided to let it go. Its still hard because its a number that reflects me in some way but Mila is right, once you get on the first page that is helps the most. The best way to get members in your room is what I call "PussyToCamBitch!" This does not always mean putting my pussy right in front of the cam, it just mean I gotta be creative and get into the Most Viewed rooms. Once I am there I need to tell people to add me as a friend so they don't miss anymore good times! This way I am on their friends list and at the top pf the list :)

XOXO
Scarlet

MFC Response:

Everything we can explain about CamScore is here:

WIKI
Do 1 token tips lower CamScore?
No. All tokens help raise your CamScore.
There is nothing that a member can do to lower your CamScore.
Is CamScore really important?
No. It is just a number that goes up and down. Our suggestion is to ignore it.

It is entirely automatic and the same for everyone. As you earn more tokens your CamScore will go up.

Thanks!

My pissed off response back:

That is a weak response, I was hoping for more. Yesterday I made 25,000 tokens, was only on cam for 2 hours and my camscore did not even budge. I am sorry but how much more can you expect someone to make?

Have a nice day.

Scarlet

i was going to make a joke saying, wheres the like botton for this?? But I found it (lol) ... :thumbleft:

Yes Scarlet and Amber, I believe that friends add can help. All this time I have tried so many creative ways to get members in my room but havent figured out how do I keep them coming back. I always promote twitter but the friends add will probably help so much more! I will have to remember that from now on to remind new visitors/members

ScarletRaven said:

Have a nice day.

Scarlet

Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that you earned $1,250 in 2 hours, rather than worrying about your camscore?

Reactions: Crazydidi
ComicOzzie said:
ScarletRaven said:

Have a nice day.

Scarlet

Shouldn't you be celebrating the fact that you earned $1,250 in 2 hours, rather than worrying about your camscore?

You are absolutely correct!!! This was about 5months ago and it woke me up for sure. I was so freaking happy and grateful about the awesome day on cam that I had because I worked so hard to get there! Its just VERY hard to not worry about a number that is assigned to you as a reflection in some way of your performance (at least for me it is.) I am much better and not looking at the scamscore but I have to admit sometimes it gets to me. Just being honest.

ScarletRaven said:
ComicOzzie said:
ScarletRaven said:

Have a nice day.

Scarlet

You are absolutely correct!!! This was about 5months ago and it woke me up for sure. I was so freaking happy and grateful about the awesome day on cam that I had because I worked so hard to get there! Its just VERY hard to not worry about a number that is assigned to you as a reflection in some way of your performance (at least for me it is.) I am much better and not looking at the scamscore but I have to admit sometimes it gets to me. Just being honest.

I have definitely been guilty of having a great day on cam and then being bothered about my score not rising. I think it's the validation we seek not just the money, if your boss gave you a bonus along with a mediocre job review you would probably not feel quite as thrilled with the cash as you would if they raved about you and I think we all enjoy some praise for our efforts :twocents-02cents: However I am so appreciative for every good day and all of my MFC buddies and you are right we should always focus on that and try not to be slaves to the number.

I also wanted to say a few weeks ago Scarlet said something to me about the friend add and I love her big ol brain I had never even thought of that! Now I try to mention it frequently thank you Scarlet for being such a sweet heart and thinking of others.

I made 6000tks in an hour yesterday, cause I had this crazy guy tipping, and my camscore went up by 400. Should I expect it to drop if I don't make as much the next day?

LondonRae said:
I made 6000tks in an hour yesterday, cause I had this crazy guy tipping, and my camscore went up by 400. Should I expect it to drop if I don't make as much the next day?

It will drop in 60 days if you don't make as much that day. It will drop tomorrow if you don't make as much as you made 60 days ago.

Hey

Iv only been on MFC for about a month, when i first started I was only on cam for a day and missed out on the benifits of the "new model" banner, mainly traffic and building a fan base of sorts. At the moment my cam score is in the low 400's and I havent managed to raise it. I have tried enticing people to tip with free nudity and more but the problem is I have about 4 people in my room on average, most of which are gests lol. My question is would it be worth it for me to start a new account and take advantage of those first few days? Also how would i go about doing that? Should i close my current account and then just start fresh, or is there another way.

Thank you

Boobarella said:
Hey

Iv only been on MFC for about a month, when i first started I was only on cam for a day and missed out on the benifits of the "new model" banner, mainly traffic and building a fan base of sorts. At the moment my cam score is in the low 400's and I havent managed to raise it. I have tried enticing people to tip with free nudity and more but the problem is I have about 4 people in my room on average, most of which are gests lol. My question is would it be worth it for me to start a new account and take advantage of those first few days? Also how would i go about doing that? Should i close my current account and then just start fresh, or is there another way.

Thank you
MFC will not allow you to open a new account. If you close your current account and try to open a new one, they will re-open your old account with the same camscore.

My camscore has just plummeted in the month I've been camming. I do it nearly every night, as it's my only source of income right now. I never have more than 10 premiums in my room at a time, so the farther my camscore drops, the less money I'm able to make. The less money I make, the more my camscore drops. It's just a fabulous cycle that I'm caught in. I think my score is 277 today. Seriously.

It's very frustrating, and to be told "Oh, just don't worry about it" is probably the least helpful thing I could hear from this company, so I'm glad the rest of you models are just as peeved as I am.

Do you think there's any hope for me, though? I don't want to be top model anything, I just want to make enough money for bills, and a camscore of maybe 2-3000. I have a decent set of regulars, but they're regular blokes who don't have very deep pockets. There are times when I'm fairly certain I'm screwed, at least on MFC, but it's the best site I've seen out there...so I don't want to have to work somewhere else. Sadface.

Candygirl3x said:
Evvie...

You sure about that? I know a model that has closed and open accounts 3 times in the past year...

Lemme know,,,
Some people slip through the cracks, but ultimately they do NOT want girls starting a new account.

MissSummers said:
My camscore has just plummeted in the month I've been camming. I do it nearly every night, as it's my only source of income right now. I never have more than 10 premiums in my room at a time, so the farther my camscore drops, the less money I'm able to make. The less money I make, the more my camscore drops. It's just a fabulous cycle that I'm caught in. I think my score is 277 today. Seriously.

It's very frustrating, and to be told "Oh, just don't worry about it" is probably the least helpful thing I could hear from this company, so I'm glad the rest of you models are just as peeved as I am.

Do you think there's any hope for me, though? I don't want to be top model anything, I just want to make enough money for bills, and a camscore of maybe 2-3000. I have a decent set of regulars, but they're regular blokes who don't have very deep pockets. There are times when I'm fairly certain I'm screwed, at least on MFC, but it's the best site I've seen out there...so I don't want to have to work somewhere else. Sadface.

I really hate the scamscore system, it makes it easier for models with higher scores to stay in the higher scores by virtue of being at the top of the page, while when a model gets into lower numbers it gets increasingly difficult to get the number going upward...

I'm pretty surprised at some of the models who don't have good scores, some are so very cute (like MissSummers is) and it doesn't even seem plausible that their cam score would be so low. Not a fan of MFC's system at all...

Reactions: LadyLuna
I sent MFC a message and asked. The response was "sure we will close your account if you like, but you cannot make a new one". So no lol Id love to know how other girls are able to do it but apparntly I and most others cannot. :( ho hum, MFC is still a great site, i supose it just take ALOT of hard work and a few great guys.

Boobarella said:
I sent MFC a message and asked. The response was "sure we will close your account if you like, but you cannot make a new one". So no lol Id love to know how other girls are able to do it but apparntly I and most others cannot. :( ho hum, MFC is still a great site, i supose it just take ALOT of hard work and a few great guys.
From what I've seen, MFC will open a new account for you if you leave a studio and want an independent account. Perhaps if you join a studio you can create a new account?

Models have found ways to artificially inflate their camscores. If your score is low enough, getting it up to 1000 by tipping your account should be easy enough. If you tip yourself 500 tokens and stay on cam for an hour it might help out.

Evvie said:
Boobarella said:
From what I've seen, MFC will open a new account for you if you leave a studio and want an independent account. Perhaps if you join a studio you can create a new account?

Models have found ways to artificially inflate their camscores. If your score is low enough, getting it up to 1000 by tipping your account should be easy enough. If you tip yourself 500 tokens and stay on cam for an hour it might help out.
We have figured that the girls at 1000 camscore are making (on average over 60 days) between 300-400 tokens per hour. If you can get your average to/over that, you'll bust through the 1000 range.

AmberCutie said:
Candygirl3x said:
Evvie...

You sure about that? I know a model that has closed and open accounts 3 times in the past year...

Lemme know,,,
Some people slip through the cracks, but ultimately they do NOT want girls starting a new account.

and then there are cheaters, who decide to run 1 cam and splt the feed to 2 accounts at the same time..

:naughty:

Attachments

• dirtygirlhot-sexycarol82.jpg
    dirtygirlhot-sexycarol82.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 639
nzhere said:
AmberCutie said:
Candygirl3x said:
Evvie...

Lemme know,,,

and then there are cheaters, who decide to run 1 cam and splt the feed to 2 accounts at the same time..

I have absolutely no idea what that accomplishes.

AmberCutie said:
nzhere said:
AmberCutie said:
Candygirl3x said:
Evvie...

Lemme know,,,

I have absolutely no idea what that accomplishes.

I believe it accomplished getting both her accounts banned... neither name is active now, though a cached version on google from a week ago shows them. Both accounts had camscores between 110-140, so it doesn't seem like the dual profiles were helping at all...

Littlegringo said:
MissSummers said:

I really hate the scamscore system, it makes it easier for models with higher scores to stay in the higher scores by virtue of being at the top of the page, while when a model gets into lower numbers it gets increasingly difficult to get the number going upward...

I'm pretty surprised at some of the models who don't have good scores, some are so very cute (like MissSummers is) and it doesn't even seem plausible that their cam score would be so low. Not a fan of MFC's system at all...

I just take pride in the fact that my fanbase, while still small, was earned from day 1 through my personality, my openness, and the great company I provide to the guys in my room. Showing my tits and ass on cam were just a wonderful byproduct for everyone else.

MissSummers said:
Littlegringo said:
MissSummers said:

I just take pride in the fact that my fanbase, while still small, was earned from day 1 through my personality, my openness, and the great company I provide to the guys in my room. Showing my tits and ass on cam were just a wonderful byproduct for everyone else.

I will be honest, I used my T&A to grab the attention of people. The members that gave a damn stuck around and then they got to see who I really was. Weird and nerdy. They like it for some reason though, because they stick around.

As for camscore, it can get frustrating when people tell you not to worry about, but sometimes that's the route you have to take.

You should have seen me a month ago, my camscore was making me a wreck and I was angry about it all the time. I had did a lot of looking up on how camscore is calculated and what I could do to raise it, and a lot of the advice was not to worry about it so much. It took me a while, but I'm at the point to where I don't obsess over it. I check on my camscore once a day to see if it either went up or if the number looks off.

I find because I worry about that number less, I've been able to perform better on cam and my camscore has been slowly, but surely rising. I also have been utilizing suggestions and advice from the ACF forums, which has helped a great deal. Sometimes I will hit a plateau or drop a few points, but I try to rationalize everything and I try not to be pessimistic about anything.

AmberCutie said:
Candygirl3x said:
Evvie...

Lemme know,,,

I just want to share my experience with this.

I was absolutely desperate, desperate for money a couple of months ago and I opened a new account. I didn't ask MFC first, I just did it. I used my new model tag, with the knowledge of cam score i have now, to get my cam score into the 2000s, vs the 1000 score I had before. MFC has still not given me a problem over this. They didn't say I couldn't do it, and simply allowed me to open up another account with all the same information.

In the end, I packed away about 1000$ in 3 days that I desperately needed from this. So, for me, it was worth the trouble because I was desperate. If you are "doing ok", though, maybe not the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.