AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank__you said:
Why don't we ask CandieCane and AspenRae about camscore?? They seem to know what's up.

Candie is on this forum. Care to comment?
;)

lol alex you should know i am not allowed to reply to that :whistle:

Thanks Fluffy :)

I used to think that if it's over 2500, then I'll be fine and happy with that but it feels too good to see it climbing :lol:

I'm just glad mine's on the upswing, rather than the downward turn it had been taking. I need some offline tips! *stomps feet*. So close to getting over 2500..... Then next goal.... Over 5000. Of course ultimate goal is to be Top 20....... :? Not sure it will ever happen but, hell, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

SweetieSam said:
I'm just glad mine's on the upswing, rather than the downward turn it had been taking. I need some offline tips! *stomps feet*. So close to getting over 2500..... Then next goal.... Over 5000. Of course ultimate goal is to be Top 20....... :? Not sure it will ever happen but, hell, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

I think the first time you go for top 20 you have to pretty much go in knowing you might sacrifice your camscore. At least at first... obviously making enough for top 20 in a month would raise it in the end. But spending more hours than you usually do online trying to make every last token possible could result in lower tokens/hour. And we all know how that affects the score. :)

AmberCutie said:
SweetieSam said:
But spending more hours than you usually do online trying to make every last token possible could result in lower tokens/hour. And we all know how that affects the score. :)

Oh yes... I definitely know that! LOL. I spent about 6 hours online one night and made like 350 tokens. OY!

I'm thinking it is a very LONNNNNG shot for me to hit Top 20 simply because I have a day job [mommy!] & school, and I only can get on when the kids are sleeping [obviously]. Maybe I'll take a month long vacation and make Top 20! LOL. I don't know, though, I'd probably end up just wanting to sleep! :lol:

So, I need some advice.
I havent been online on mfc for months because I didnt have enough free time to dedicate to the site. Due to this my camscore has dropped dramatically. Anyway, summer is arrived and I'll be totally free for months, and since I just gotten a new camera I think is a good time to get back to camming, since I really miss it.
So, the question is, is it a good idea to start a new account so I can reset my camscore plus getting the whole new model tag the first days that really seems to help getting back out there, or should I stick to my old one in case some of my few regulars are still around or somewhat ?

Maybe you could use your old one for a week or so to see if any of your old regulars come back, and then tell them about making a new account, and write their names down in notepad or something, so you can send them a MFC mail to let them know about your new account?

Tambourine said:
So, I need some advice.
I havent been online on mfc for months because I didnt have enough free time to dedicate to the site. Due to this my camscore has dropped dramatically. Anyway, summer is arrived and I'll be totally free for months, and since I just gotten a new camera I think is a good time to get back to camming, since I really miss it.
So, the question is, is it a good idea to start a new account so I can reset my camscore plus getting the whole new model tag the first days that really seems to help getting back out there, or should I stick to my old one in case some of my few regulars are still around or somewhat ?

Well, considering that it's dropped due to lack of time on cam; I would think that the score has nowhere to go but up. So maybe it's worth sticking with your current account. Also, you should get that "She is back" tag on your first few days back.

Now, if things aren't working the way you hope it does; then go and consider closing that account and starting a new one.

Yep I agree with this. I was off for a while, and I got a "she is back" and all of my regulars came back. I have heard though that the banner only stays for the first 10 online hours on MFC. After that it goes away. After I knew my banner wasn't visible I was worried that I wouldn't have that many people in my room, but I seem to be doing OK. I had about 100 ppl in my room the other day and that is pretty good considering where my score is right now. I remember when they started the whole score thing 5000 was pretty damn good and mine was in the 4k range at one point. Since I was off for so long, I am back and its in the 2k range. But 2k is almost crap compared to the 38736398 scores they have now...lol

Mikeythegeek said:
Tambourine said:
So, I need some advice.

Well, considering that it's dropped due to lack of time on cam; I would think that the score has nowhere to go but up. So maybe it's worth sticking with your current account. Also, you should get that "She is back" tag on your first few days back.

Now, if things aren't working the way you hope it does; then go and consider closing that account and starting a new one.

nzhere said:
770 total tokens in offline tips

770x2 1540 :think:

1000 + 1540 =2540 camscore

:clap:
/ time

RufffRider said:
nzhere said:
770 total tokens in offline tips

770x2 1540 :think:

1000 + 1540 =2540 camscore

:clap:
/ time

How about this:

(offline tips * 2) + (online tokens / time online) + (K * rated tips/privates) where K is an unknown constant

if online tips = 0
then (offline tips * 2)

if time in online = 0, then (offline tips * 2) + 1000

Or maybe

(offline tips * 2 ) + (online tokens / time online) + number of rated tips/privates

Or even the last bit might be just the number of rated tokens, but still not divided by anything...

still too many variables...

Offline tips don't count any more than online tips. The only reason people ask for them to keep camscore up is because if you're getting tokens without even being online, then your tokens/time online is as good as it can be. :)

I also ask for offline tips from time to time so that I don't fall off the top 20 while I sleep. :D

AmberCutie said:
Offline tips don't count any more than online tips.

The false belief otherwise is almost as pervasive as the misconception that small tips hurt camscores. So many models have stuff in their profile like "400 tokens for my BJ video, but only 200 tokens if offline tipped". Word of advice ladies; if you do that, you look fucking retarded.

Attachments

• im_an_americunt.jpg
    im_an_americunt.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 620
Haha, oops, I used to have that before I changed my profile. I'm sure I look fucking retarded anyway, so whatever. :)
I thought offline tips helped the camscore more than online tips though, eek, glad I know different now. :)
Although I guess it's still good to have things a bit cheaper by offline tip, coz then you're getting money for doing bugger all. :D Which is great for super lazy people. :D

My striving for top 20 this month, and all the slow as hell days, have dropped my score by about 2k. Lamesauce. Can't win em all I guess. :) Happy DecAmber!

AngelicTease said:
I thought offline tips helped the camscore more than online tips though, eek, glad I know different now. :)

Since camscore is largely a function of rate of token income versus time on cam, it is true that being online hurts your camscore. That's why if you get tipped 5000 tokens when you're offline, you perceive a bigger boost in camscore than if you get 5000 tokens over the course of a shift. It is wrong, however, to conclude from this that the 5000 tokens should be tipped before your shift rather than during your shift.

Here are a few examples. These are just estimates, but let's say for the sake of argument that 500 tokens increases your camscore by 100 points, and being online for a 3 hour shift drops your camscore by 85 points. Further assume your camscore starts at 800.

Scenario 1:
You get 500 tokens in offline tips, so you start your shift with a camscore of 800 + 100 = 900. Over the course of your 3 hour shift, you earn 500 more tokens, and end up with a camscore of 900 + 100 - 85 = 915.

Scenario 2:
You get no offline tips, so you start a shift with a camscore of 800. Over the course of your 3 hour shift, you earn 1000 tokens, and end up with a camscore of 800 + 200 - 85 = 915.

Scenario 3:
You get 1000 tokens in offline tips, so you start your shift with a camscore of 800 + 200 = 1000. Over the course of your 3 hour shift, you earn 0 tokens, and end up with a camscore of 1000 - 85 = 915.

So you can see, getting the big offline tip made you see a big jump in camscore from the starting 800, but in the end after earning 1000 tokens and working 3 hours, the camscore ends up exactly the same.

This thread has a lot of interesting theories, but not much data. To start figuring out the relationship, the models should start recording camscore and token details and graph them to see how they relate.

What I suggest is each day to record the following values:

Camscore
Tokens made in the past 30 calendar days (30cal)
Tokens made in the past 60 calendar days (60cal)
Tokens made between today and the past 30 work days (30work)
Tokens made between today and the past 60 work days (60work)

The 30/60cal values mean you go back exactly 1 or 2 months based on the calendar. Calculate the total number of tokens made between that date and today (both online and offline).

The 30/60work values mean you count back 30 or 60 days that you actually logged in. Then calculate the number of tokens made between that date and today.

Say today is Jan 2. To calculate 30cal for today, figure out the total number of tokens made between Dec 2 and Jan 2.

To calculate 30work, count back 30 days that you actually worked. So if you logged in on 1/2, 12/30, and 12/29, that would be 3 days. Keep counting back until you've reached the 30th day of work. Record the number of tokens made between that date and today.

After recording the data for a few weeks, you can graph it out and see how the numbers relate. You want to see if the graph forms a pattern like a line or a curve. That indicates there is a strong relationship between tokens and score. Or is it random all over the place, which would indicate there are other factors.

You probably don't want to post your data here. If you know Excel, it's easy enough to create a graph. I can create a simple template worksheet for graphing the data that you can download if enough people express interest in doing that.

Girl what in the world did you do to your image settings while you were gone? You look Russian!

Attachments

• CassidyBaby60.jpg
    CassidyBaby60.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 378
NickT said:
This thread has a lot of interesting theories, but not much data. To start figuring out the relationship, the models should start recording camscore and token details and graph them to see how they relate.

Camscore

The 30/60cal values mean you go back exactly 1 or 2 months based on the calendar. Calculate the total number of tokens made between that date and today (both online and offline).

The 30/60work values mean you count back 30 or 60 days that you actually logged in. Then calculate the number of tokens made between that date and today.

Say today is Jan 2. To calculate 30cal for today, figure out the total number of tokens made between Dec 2 and Jan 2.

To calculate 30work, count back 30 days that you actually worked. So if you logged in on 1/2, 12/30, and 12/29, that would be 3 days. Keep counting back until you've reached the 30th day of work. Record the number of tokens made between that date and today.

After recording the data for a few weeks, you can graph it out and see how the numbers relate. You want to see if the graph forms a pattern like a line or a curve. That indicates there is a strong relationship between tokens and score. Or is it random all over the place, which would indicate there are other factors.

You probably don't want to post your data here. If you know Excel, it's easy enough to create a graph. I can create a simple template worksheet for graphing the data that you can download if enough people express interest in doing that.

I am interested in doing this! Sounds simple enough... But yeah if you wouldn't mind doing a template worksheet that would be awesome. I could probably figure it out but I haven't used Excel in sooo long it would take me awhile. That would be awesome. :)

Cassidy Nicole said:
i need to reinstall my cam or something!!!!!! nothing is working!

lol at least you were a really hot 'Russian' :romance-hearteyes:

NickT said:

Camscore

I've thought of that exact same thing lately. I've just been kind of lazy to get around to actually doing it, but I am getting somewhat of a 'feel' for the camscore. The hard part is that it updates a few times throughout the day, and I'm still trying to pinpoint that exact time (if there is one) so I can check it then.

You could use software that automatically calculates the equation for the line or curve of best fit, for each data set (tokens by hour vs. camscore, tokens last 30/60 days vs. camscore, ratings vs. camscores, admires vs. camscores, etc.) and combine the equations of best fit (for the ones that affect it at least, if you find one factor doesn't affect it leave that best fit equation out) into the camscore equation (or at least a very very close approximation).

Damn, I'm going to have to keep track of it all now.

Only thing is, the equation could have linear, quadratic/parabolic, logarithmic, hyperbolic, etc. aspects to it and I think most software/calculators will only calculate linear and parabolic equations. Bah. I'm still going to have to give it a try with my TI-86.

AmbrosiaCer said:
NickT said:

Camscore

I've thought of that exact same thing lately. I've just been kind of lazy to get around to actually doing it, but I am getting somewhat of a 'feel' for the camscore. The hard part is that it updates a few times throughout the day, and I'm still trying to pinpoint that exact time (if there is one) so I can check it then.

You could use software that automatically calculates the equation for the line or curve of best fit, for each data set (tokens by hour vs. camscore, tokens last 30/60 days vs. camscore, ratings vs. camscores, admires vs. camscores, etc.) and combine the equations of best fit (for the ones that affect it at least, if you find one factor doesn't affect it leave that best fit equation out) into the camscore equation (or at least a very very close approximation).

Damn, I'm going to have to keep track of it all now.

Only thing is, the equation could have linear, quadratic/parabolic, logarithmic, hyperbolic, etc. aspects to it and I think most software/calculators will only calculate linear and parabolic equations. Bah. I'm still going to have to give it a try with my TI-86.

Use excel. That can do a whole hellava lot of type of lines-of-best-fit

I'm assuming most of you folk are aware of the MissMFC2011 twitter page? There have been a few tweets popping up from models asking followers to retweet their name to that page and that it's supposed to help their camscore. Being as Miss MFC ranking is based on tokens and not camscore, what is the point of the twitter page? Just promotion?

LuxDahl said:
I'm assuming most of you folk are aware of the MissMFC2011 twitter page? There have been a few tweets popping up from models asking followers to retweet their name to that page and that it's supposed to help their camscore. Being as Miss MFC ranking is based on tokens and not camscore, what is the point of the twitter page? Just promotion?
It's just a spammer trying to get BAF tokens. It in no way shape or form actually represents MFC. Please spread the word. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.