AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can we just agree that moderators are terrible?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbinoGator

Banhammered
Feb 21, 2018
I find nothing more annoying than a member who's been given moderator privileges on Chaturbate. Everything they do is just idiotic. Like when I tip a model and the moderator thanks me, I'm like dude, why are you thanking me? Do you have stock invested in her success? No? Then don't thank me jackass. And even if you do, I'm tipping her not you. So don't thank me. It's very rare to find someone who's actually good at being a moderator. Usually it's just guys who REALLY want to be moderators. Some of them form these groups where they go and try to convince a new model to make one of them a moderator. They'll say yeah, so and so is a really good moderator. You can't go wrong with him. So she makes him a moderator and then over the next week she makes all of his buddies moderators. And before you know it's just a wall of red chat, tip gifs and people answering questions they don't have any business answering. I saw a guy become a moderator on a girl's first day and then start answering questions for her like he's known her longer than 5 seconds. It's just sooo annoying. And then there are the tip gifs... Like that's really effective at inspiring people to tip. I can say with absolute certainty I have never once seen a tip gif and thought to myself, "well, I'm convinced." It's simply another form of public masturbation only less appealing. Why would you ever give someone who craves power, any amount of power whatsoever? Blows my mind. A good moderator should be helpful. The best moderators know when to shut up for a while. But for most of them, that's a completely foreign concept. Ok... rant concluded.

I frequent a couple of rooms (European models) where there are a regular rotation of mods (chosen by the model). In both cases they get along well with the model and most of the users. I chat to one of them via PM when he's not too busy and interact with them in the public chat. They help stimulate conversation and do the grunt work so the model can focus on performing and tending to PMs. They add a fun vibe whereas many rooms just feel dead and empty with the model practically begging for people to interact and tip. I enjoy the added social aspect of these rooms.

Having said that, most studio models are assigned a mod that adds absolutely nothing and that they really don't need. And a lot of new models just mod the first user who pays them any attention which can end badly.

they get along well with the model and most of the users

That's great. I'm talking about the ones who act like they're a bouncer at a club or something. Dudes who silence someone and then continue talking shit to him. Dudes who don't know if the model prefers English only and silences people for chatting in her language.

Reactions: mike_aussie
I was in an OnlyFans model's live stream a couple of days ago and towards the end, this guy speaks up really excitedly "And you'll want to get a moderator before long!!" My first thought was "On a power trip buddy?" There were a total of 17 people in this models live stream, all posts on her feed are fully clothed, and she's only sent out a couple of P2V DM's which are topless. It's not like she's going to be super busy with her hands and not able to do something to kick a user. I don't even know if OF allows mods (I hope not).

It's rare to have a mod or room helper be a positive influence on a room. Most times I've seen them never tip (they think their service is enough "payment" to the model), or they rarely tip a couple of tokens. Or, they get on a power trip and take control of the room as said in regards to kicking users or answering questions for the model.

depends on the situation . i really need mods , i moslty dance far of pc , i cant sit there to kick all day idiots , i need mods to help me, since i got over 1000 users usual. guess in a room with few users u dont need mods . But, i pick mods only after i know them and they know things about me, what i do and dont, what i like or not, so they know how to make the page going .. i got a problem with mods on stripchat, also need there for same reasons moslty to kick you have milk bb idiots and the rude fuckers, but on strip cant find a guy to mod my style, usual i mod and unmod them, couldnt find till now in 6 months a good mod there ,,

I agree with OP on most of your complaints, yet I also agree that it depends on the model, the nature of her chat, and of course, the behavior of the moderator. Some models clearly could use a GOOD moderator; many (even most) are fine without one. Absolutely nobody needs an annoying, pushy or intrusive moderator.

I am a member. I have never asked to moderate any model’s room. That being said, there is one model that I moderate for, not counting any that have “modded me” without asking first. When that happens I just ignore it.

The room I do moderate, the model and I know each other very well. And I do the bare minimum, since I believe a good mod is mostly invisible. No GIFs, no unsolicited advice or answering questions on her behalf. Other than my name showing up when I tip, you’ll barely know I’m in the room. I will silence excessively rude members, but that doesn’t happen often in her room. Maybe once or twice a month. Other than that, she’s trying to build her social media follows, so the ONLY promotional type things I ever post in chat are very generic call-outs to her IG and Twitter (and only if I’ve noticed new faces in the room... I’m careful not to bombard the regulars).

Still, I’m aware that just seeing a red username anywhere in a models room pisses off a certain segment of membership. To those guys, I’d just say try to meet the model halfway. You don’t like mods, and she doesn’t like having to silence idiots all day instead of performing. Sometimes it’s for the best.

A model friend I visit has no moderator BUT she uses the Dorothy Fembot, which she can give any user the ability of a moderator, so he/she can silence, and do many other things within the bot commands to help her.
For example, she is a woman that is active in her room, I mean physically and doesn't want to be at her computer typing, she speaks and is moving around, etc. So she has be as her "hidden" mod and I can help set any notices, start//stop timers for her shows, silence or ninja silence people (my god, how amazing is ninja silence?!!!)... and much more.

Myself and other regulars will do the occasional "follow" or "follow her on twitter" etc but not spamming it, and the regulars that do it don't do it to try and become some moderator they do it out of the fact they like her.
But yeah if you ladies on CB have not heard of or used the Dorothy Ultra Fembot, I suggest going to look at it. It's insane, it has MANY amazing options. One amazing thing for this bot is that you can send hidden message to each other in public chat, so then if she needs to type something to you or you to her, she doesn't have to spend time in PM, you can just send it in public chat, she sees it and "ok" or whatever

I don't personally mind anyway as a moderator IF they are genuinely there to try and help the model and not there for their own gains.
I mean, all these people constantly going round saying "I am experienced as a mod.. I moderate for 100 women". How is that a good thing? That means 1) you will be flaky and not be on when the model is all the time, and 2) You won't be dedicated any time to her, and 3) You think being a mod is going to just be you spamming the chat with tip her images, isn't she the best images, thank you images, etc.

I am someone who just enjoys to help people when I can, if I can, it feels good to do. So if I get to know someone and they need a little help, then I will if I can, and I will always tell them I don't need to be red to be able to do that help. A lot of guys use it as excuses for everything - make me mod and i will help you with the technical side, or the bots or whatever... if you really want to help, then help .

The room I do moderate, the model and I know each other very well. And I do the bare minimum, since I believe a good mod is mostly invisible. No GIFs, no unsolicited advice or answering questions on her behalf. Other than my name showing up when I tip, you’ll barely know I’m in the room.
Then you are one of the few who actually does it right. I have no problem with moderators who act like normal people.

Reactions: Smoothie
silence or ninja silence people (my god, how amazing is ninja silence?!!

I really think some models are giving people way too much power in their room. I'm assuming ninja silence means a person is silenced without notifying them? This is the kind of thing that seems cool until the helper mod gets pissed off about something and decides to silence anyone who tips. I've seen it happen before without a ninja silence option.

One amazing thing for this bot is that you can send hidden message to each other in public chat,

I'm gonna guess that this sort of thing really isn't as cool to the model as it is to members. Unless it is simply used to notify without expecting a response. I very much doubt any model wants to have secret chats in public. But as a notifier, sure I can see that.

Really it's a sign that the model is terrible and has no engagement with viewers. One deadbeat mod, who likes to call viewers gay if they don't obey his many tip gifs, seemed to be ruining this poor sweet model's room...but then you see her ignoring tippers and running out the clock in private shows. You can judge someone by the company they keep.

Last edited:
running out the clock in private shows.

One of the reasons why I decided to hide how many tokens I have on MFC. Some models are quite good at timing their shows to token amounts members have. I learned this the hard way when I was still very new to cam sites.

I really think some models are giving people way too much power in their room. I'm assuming ninja silence means a person is silenced without notifying them? This is the kind of thing that seems cool until the helper mod gets pissed off about something and decides to silence anyone who tips. I've seen it happen before without a ninja silence option.

I'm gonna guess that this sort of thing really isn't as cool to the model as it is to members. Unless it is simply used to notify without expecting a response. I very much doubt any model wants to have secret chats in public. But as a notifier, sure I can see that.

Yes, 99% of the time it's a one way hidden message but never something ridiculous, it's always something of "worth" regarding her room for that day or any viewers, maybe something is not working so well, etc.
The "Ninja Silence" is a way to do exactly as you predicted BUT it also allows the user to continue to talk in the room BUT no one will see their messages. The model can set it so that even they can't see their messages. However, the best thing is to let the model still see the message so she can respond to that person, for example, if it's a good/big tipper but who is a bit... "much", let's say. It's a good and useful way to silence people without them knowing but to also keep them in your room and tipping

• Helpful!
Reactions: Emme Torx
I was in an OnlyFans model's live stream a couple of days ago and towards the end, this guy speaks up really excitedly "And you'll want to get a moderator before long!!" My first thought was "On a power trip buddy?" There were a total of 17 people in this models live stream, all posts on her feed are fully clothed, and she's only sent out a couple of P2V DM's which are topless. It's not like she's going to be super busy with her hands and not able to do something to kick a user. I don't even know if OF allows mods (I hope not).

It's rare to have a mod or room helper be a positive influence on a room. Most times I've seen them never tip (they think their service is enough "payment" to the model), or they rarely tip a couple of tokens. Or, they get on a power trip and take control of the room as said in regards to kicking users or answering questions for the model.

Speaking of tipping, I was briefly in a room on CB yesterday and saw one of the mods had tipped a total of 6000 tokens 😲 That's pretty rare, though.

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
Cam sites aren't just all about wanking. There are those of us who enjoy the online socializing as well. That's why I spend longer in the more lively rooms with nice interactive models and mods, or the rooms of less busy models who actually like to make small talk via PM. And yes, I do tip for their time and/or join their fan club.

Ya usually front page models make their whale tippers their mods. How it should be. Not making deadbeat power hungry guys mods for small sized rooms.

For me, it takes the fun out of being there. I've been a moderator on a number of vanilla platforms (forums, chat rooms, etc) as well as made moderator/helper in a couple of model's rooms. With the exception of one forum, and one chat room, the rest felt like work. Being a moderator in a model's room killed the enjoyment for me, as it felt like I was expected and had to be there instead of legitimately wanting to be there. If it feels like work, then I should be getting something for my time instead of paying to work. I never requested anything of the models when they made me moderator (one did it w/o me asking, the other asked me as we had a very long-standing member/model relationship), and gave some time before requesting they removed mod status.

So how the hell do you even tip 6000 tokens on CB while you jerk off and moderate a busy room?
Excuses excuses guys still talk and tip to me all the time while they jerk off to my shows. It just take a couple seconds to send a generous tip to show gratitude towards a model for letting you be her mod. Models should only be making trustworthy top supporters their mods. Not cool to let a guy see the whole show for free while demanding everyone else to tip just because he’s a mod.

Last edited:
I've been a mod for several models that I got to know well, but I've always asked them what they wanted me to do. Once a non-tipping user accused me of "being out of control", but I was simply enforcing her rules. I could have said that, but then I felt I would have been throwing her under the bus. I'd rather people direct their hate at me than her.

I don't do it anymore, because like @ForceTen mentioned, it begins to feel like work (especially when the model doesn't have grays blocked and gets spammed constantly).

Yes the greys is what mostly seems to make being a mod very strenuous. Kinda selfish for a model not to mute them completely to make it less of a burden to be a mod. A front page cosplayer comes to mind who lets greys talk in her room and her poor mods are always muting dozen of greys every minute who are mostly demanding stuff for free or promoting other rooms.

I've been a mod for several models that I got to know well, but I've always asked them what they wanted me to do. Once a non-tipping user accused me of "being out of control", but I was simply enforcing her rules. I could have said that, but then I felt I would have been throwing her under the bus. I'd rather people direct their hate at me than her.

I don't do it anymore, because like @ForceTen mentioned, it begins to feel like work (especially when the model doesn't have grays blocked and gets spammed constantly).

The one model who made me a mod without her asking me, she gave me some guidelines she wanted. But the longer I was in her room and really paying attention to things as a moderator, the more I saw she didn't even stick to them herself and was picking and choosing how she wanted to enforce things. Made it way too difficult to be consistent, which for me is how it should be: consistent for everyone and no favourites. When that happens, I simply resign. If you can't/won't apply the rules evenly, and the model/owner/admin/mods go against their own guidelines, I'm not taking the heat for that kind of bullshit.

Same thing happened on vanilla platforms too. I was on a couple of forums for years before being asked to be a moderator. Within a few months, I resigned and never went back because the owners would allow the worst offenders back on because they spent money with the company. Wasn't worth it. Now, if I'm asked, I politely decline.

Like when I tip a model and the moderator thanks me, I'm like dude, why are you thanking me? Do you have stock invested in her success? No? Then don't thank me jackass.

🤷‍♂️ sometimes I get thanked by regular colored names and greys too, I don't see a problem with this unless the model is providing no reaction to a large tip and depending on her moderator to do it for her.

🤷‍♂️ sometimes I get thanked by regular colored names and greys too, I don't see a problem with this unless the model is providing no reaction to a large tip and depending on her moderator to do it for her.
I feel like you might be in the minority.

Over the years we've learned that a LOT of members feel weird having fellow members (which a Mod is, ultimately) thank people for tips. Even so far as to feel odd when room members do emotes for tips. I had to have a chat with my room many years ago to quell this a bit due to new members telling me it wasn't welcomed.

Over the years we've learned that a LOT of members feel weird having fellow members (which a Mod is, ultimately) thank people for tips. Even so far as to feel odd when room members do emotes for tips. I had to have a chat with my room many years ago to quell this a bit due to new members telling me it wasn't welcomed.
🤔 i dont know about the minority but yeah I have seen people complaining about it. I get the emotes for tip thing if the person sending the emote isn't tipping its kind of rude to ask others to tip for them.

Reactions: DoD404 and odioso

With the exception of very high energy rooms, the most I've seen people acknowledge is a couple of claps or the like. The high energy rooms is where you'd get more than a few. I don't recall seeing anyone object, though the models might have heard about it.

I guess my whole beef with moderators in general is that most people feel the need to put on a performance. I'm no longer only watching the model who's room I'm in. Now I'm also watching someone play the role of moderator. And I have no interest in watching that.

Reactions: bbbbadddd
Status
Not open for further replies.