AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can we just agree that moderators are terrible?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the "power" I would still guess the potential free tickets to ticket shows makes being moderator so attractive on cb.
Moderators get free tickets to ticket shows?!? I've been a moderator in 3 girl's rooms and never got a free ticket.... I must have been doing something wrong :)

Reading through the thread, I get where the OP is coming from. There are some mods who indeed think they basically own the model at some point. It is very scary. I get that they are trying to help the model out sometimes but encouraging the viewers to interact with them or tip them, but it can be overkill as well. The worst is a mod who does this and hasn't tipped the model themselves. Set an example and show us how it's done first! I've modded 3 rooms (unwillingly) and that is usually the approach I would have taken.

I don't think it's that big a deal. If you don't like the social vibe of a room with active mods who interact with users either take them private or find a quiet room where you can pretend only you and the model exist.

2 of my favorite models have mods that I and some of the other regulars are friends with and I enjoy the social aspect... but it's not the norm.

Moderators get free tickets to ticket shows?!? I've been a moderator in 3 girl's rooms and never got a free ticket.... I must have been doing something wrong :)
It's an option in the bot configuration depending on the bot used, and it's up to the model. Another option in some bots is to invite any viewer for free and/or give the mods the ability to invite users.

As a mod, you could be interested in the bot's details. Go in your own room, don't start a show but start and try the bot in your room.
Reading the documentation is a minimum you could be interested to do ;)

I don't think it's that big a deal. If you don't like the social vibe of a room with active mods who interact with users either take them private or find a quiet room where you can pretend only you and the model exist.
they infect private too, the mod usually can see who started the pvt and will of course make some comment about it, and will always welcome the model back afterward so that she thanks him

they infect private too, the mod usually can see who started the pvt and will of course make some comment about it, and will always welcome the model back afterward so that she thanks him
Mods can't see who starts a private. They can only guess based in what names disappear from the user list, but any user can do that.

Mods can't see who starts a private. They can only guess based in what names disappear from the user list, but any user can do that.

It can be slightly easier to tell when you’re a mod though. The model I mod for has her chat settings so that anytime a username enters or leaves the room, it is announced in the main chat (visible to the mod and model only). I’m not sure if that’s a CB default behavior or one of her own settings, but it does make it more obvious who’s doing what, without having to look at the room’s member list.

In the case of a private show, there’d be near-simultaneous messages in the main chat about the model leaving the room and the member that bought the private leaving the room.

It can be slightly easier to tell when you’re a mod though. The model I mod for has her chat settings so that anytime a username enters or leaves the room, it is announced in the main chat (visible to the mod and model only). I’m not sure if that’s a CB default behavior or one of her own settings, but it does make it more obvious who’s doing what, without having to look at the room’s member list.

In the case of a private show, there’d be near-simultaneous messages in the main chat about the model leaving the room and the member that bought the private leaving the room.
Ah, I completely forgot bout that since I turned it off

Reactions: DoD404 and Smoothie

You can decide for yourself as a mod if you want that setting on or off. I always have it off for all other than Fanclub. To get all the ins and outs is to distracting

It's not a model's tuning.
Actually, each time you're modded in a room, you're automatically tuned, in your own chat params, to have enter/leave notifications ON by default. Then, you have to tune it back to your preference if you don't want to be spammed.

but yes, you can tune it to see users leaving when entering pvt...
they infect private too, the mod usually can see who started the pvt and will of course make some comment about it
But this, definitively, I never encountered xD
I guess that, if a mod made any comment this way, he would be instantly banned by the type of models I follow :dead:

You can decide for yourself as a mod if you want that setting on or off. I always have it off for all other than Fanclub. To get all the ins and outs is to distracting

Yes, I hate it. Very frustrating. The only time I have it set to All Users With Tokens, or even sometimes "All Registered Users" is if/when I am wanting to see how much traffic is coming in/out the room.

2 of my favorite models have mods that I and some of the other regulars are friends with and I enjoy the social aspect... but it's not the norm.

I have no issue with people chatting and being sociable. If a model makes one of her members a moderator and that guy happens to be very chatty, with or without mod status, I have no problem with that. A good moderator is someone who knows how to be sociable and make others feel welcome. But if a dude is filling up the chat with gif spam or is always answering questions for the model (and usually in a negative tone), that's a not being sociable. That's being an obnoxious asshole.

I made an account just to comment on this.
I assist a smaller streamer on MFC. Cam rooms can be very overwhelming. Between putting on a show, managing the topic, talking in chat, keeping track of tips/requests, and moderating for trolls, it can be quite cumbersome. When you add in other issues like technical problems, ADHD, alcohol, and such, a room helper can go a long way. I agree with other who have said that the best helper/mod doesn't make a big deal of it. However, when the 400th person comes in asking for a private, it's often easier to explain how the model handles it rather than waiting for the model to find the message and stop the conversation to explain something for the Nth time.
People don't realize that some helpers/mods really put a lot of time and effort to help their model. We put hours of work behind the scenes on our own to make sure the model can do her job easier. Be mad at bad helpers/mods, not all of them.

when the 400th person comes in asking for a private
please remind your model friend that she can turn off the option for privates in her options.
Cam rooms can be very overwhelming.
They *can* be, but only in the busiest of rooms. For a
smaller streamer on MFC
honestly it should not be that overwhelming. I am still of the mind that a new streamer on any cam site should figure out the flow and how to handle her cam room chat before asking for a mod/helper.

In the case of lots of people asking very specific certain questions, have your model set up Charlesbot to frequently post her FAQ about how she handles privates/groups/etc that you as a helper can post the !info for. It might help people see it as a room info vs. a fellow member being a know it all.

People don't realize that some helpers/mods really put a lot of time and effort to help their model. We put hours of work behind the scenes on our own to make sure the model can do her job easier. Be mad at bad helpers/mods, not all of them.
Some of the criticism is for exactly that, actually. It can be a turn off to other members that there are some members who are "obsessed" with the model to this point. Keep that in mind and don't flaunt it.

please remind your model friend that she can turn off the option for privates in her options.

They *can* be, but only in the busiest of rooms. For a

honestly it should not be that overwhelming. I am still of the mind that a new streamer on any cam site should figure out the flow and how to handle her cam room chat before asking for a mod/helper.

In the case of lots of people asking very specific certain questions, have your model set up Charlesbot to frequently post her FAQ about how she handles privates/groups/etc that you as a helper can post the !info for. It might help people see it as a room info vs. a fellow member being a know it all.

Some of the criticism is for exactly that, actually. It can be a turn off to other members that there are some members who are "obsessed" with the model to this point. Keep that in mind and don't flaunt it.

I don't know about MFC but on CB if you disabled privates there would still be a bunch of idiots asking.

I agree that a model is best served in the long run learning the ropes themselves. Ideally a model would politely ask users how to do basic stuff (like silencing, setting up bots to block spam and use notifiers for important info) so they don't have to rely completely on mods or at all.

However on CB even new rooms can be overwhelmed very quickly. The New status can bring a quick influx of shit-talking greys. Spam bots also seem to be at an all-time high.

You pretty much described the majority of guys who keep showing up every single broadcast. Just varying levels of obsession. :|

I don't know about MFC but on CB if you disabled privates there would still be a bunch of idiots asking.

I agree that a model is best served in the long run learning the ropes themselves. Ideally a model would politely ask users how to do basic stuff (like silencing, setting up bots to block spam and use notifiers for important info) so they don't have to rely completely on mods or at all.

However on CB even new rooms can be overwhelmed very quickly. The New status can bring a quick influx of shit-talking greys. Spam bots also seem to be at an all-time high.
I might just be jaded by my experience being an MFC model in 2009/2010 when it was really at its early peak of craziness and having no option for help. I did it all myself, even when there were influxes of 1000s of people from seemingly nowhere, who WEREN'T bots like on CB. And I handled it like a champ apparently, so when I hear of new models/rooms where there's maybe 500-2000 viewers, only a small fraction of which can actually speak in the chat, I think the model should be able to freakin' hold her own.

You know?

I might just be jaded by my experience being an MFC model in 2009/2010 when it was really at its early peak of craziness and having no option for help. I did it all myself, even when there were influxes of 1000s of people from seemingly nowhere, who WEREN'T bots like on CB. And I handled it like a champ apparently, so when I hear of new models/rooms where there's maybe 500-2000 viewers, only a small fraction of which can actually speak in the chat, I think the model should be able to freakin' hold her own.

You know?
TuKf61l.jpg

You know?

Completely agree with this. Webcam sites have been around long enough at this point, there are tons of resources available for newbies thinking about getting in the game. There is an official broadcaster guide for example. I wonder how many people actually take the time to go through it. There are sites like this forum where people can ask questions. There's really no excuse for someone not taking the time to do a little research and try to understand how things work as best they can before their first broadcast. I really don't understand people who think they're just gonna turn on the webcam and watch the money flow. Certainly, you can't prepare for everything. But you can prepare for a lot.

Completely agree with this. Webcam sites have been around long enough at this point, there are tons of resources available for newbies thinking about getting in the game. There is an official broadcaster guide for example. I wonder how many people actually take the time to go through it. There are sites like this forum where people can ask questions. There's really no excuse for someone not taking the time to do a little research and try to understand how things work as best they can before their first broadcast. I really don't understand people who think they're just gonna turn on the webcam and watch the money flow. Certainly, you can't prepare for everything. But you can prepare for a lot.

Agreed. So many fail to understand that they need to invest in themselves by reading, researching, learning, applying. Sadly, I know a few models who won't do any learning beyond what they do. They've asked me how something is done, and the first couple of times I did some research on how to help (a lot of it was found here on ACF). Then, after a while I just gave the answer of "I don't know, I'm not a model so can't work through the problem" and gave them the link for here or MFC wiki to research. They still have yet to do any reading here.

Though, I will say that I've seen two models grow their business from non-ranking to doing very well. One of them I started following on her second day of broadcasting where it was myself and one other guy in her room for days, and is now a top model when she's consistent. I started helping her on some profile stuff but ran out of time and couldn't do it anymore. She's been doing it all on her own since. The other does it all herself as well. It's very cool to see people succeed in life. :)

I think the biggest problem is either women getting with bad studios who just throw them in at the deep end and are not supportive, so they then feel the need to receive help fro "that kind guy", so she makes him a moderator.
Or, similarly, an independent one who also just doesn't know enough about the computer, internet, tech, the sites, and it's constantly overwhelming and the fear of doing something wrong and breaking something or be banned, etc.

I have no issue with people chatting and being sociable. If a model makes one of her members a moderator and that guy happens to be very chatty, with or without mod status, I have no problem with that. A good moderator is someone who knows how to be sociable and make others feel welcome. But if a dude is filling up the chat with gif spam or is always answering questions for the model (and usually in a negative tone), that's a not being sociable. That's being an obnoxious asshole.

I don't think it's always necessarily a bad thing if the mod or any other regulars will answer SOME questions for the users that ask. Some might have no sound and the model could be one who doesn't like to type or is just busy.
i think this definitely always depends on the context, the room, model, etc.

I don't think it's always necessarily a bad thing if the mod or any other regulars will answer SOME questions for the users that ask. Some might have no sound and the model could be one who doesn't like to type or is just busy.
i think this definitely always depends on the context, the room, model, etc.

The rare answers are fine. It's the ones who always answer for her. One top model had someone who was infatuated with her and had been in her room since almost the beginning. He answered nearly every question directed at her before she could speak, or in the middle of her talking. You could see some of the frustration on her face, and a few people would call him out for it saying things like "Thanks, I was asking her. NOT YOU!"

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
The rare answers are fine. It's the ones who always answer for her. One top model had someone who was infatuated with her and had been in her room since almost the beginning. He answered nearly every question directed at her before she could speak, or in the middle of her talking. You could see some of the frustration on her face, and a few people would call him out for it saying things like "Thanks, I was asking her. NOT YOU!"

If the model is fine with mods doing most of the typing for them that's fine. If users don't respect that they can leave the room. If the model isn't 100% happy with their mods they need to talk to their mods about their behavior or de-mod them. I suspect a lot of new models are just too lazy. They want to have fun on cam and make quick money, outsourcing the grunt work and putting in zero effort to marketing and moderating.

I appreciate your input. This is literally the only time I've discussed this, so I wouldn't say I'm flaunting it. Everything I do, I do because I enjoy doing it. Also, it's the middle of a pandemic and I'm board out of my mind. I have many years of technical skills that I haven't used in a while and I enjoy the trouble shooting aspects.

There seems to be a general consensus here that most/all helpers/mods have alternative motives and that models should not ask nor need help.
I can't help but think that maybe peoples bad experiences have left them jaded. I have left many room for having creepily obsessed mods who felt like they literally owned the place. I've also met room helpers in which I would have never known if the model didn't accidentally request his help by name.

There is a level of respect and understanding that is required between the mod and model. I think part of the problem is that a good mod isn't watching the model, but watching the room. It's easy to mods that want to get closer and more exclusive access to the model. It's easy to find mods that enjoy the power that comes with being a mod. It's much harder to find someone who actually mods without needing or wanting acknowledgement. If the model I help decided tomorrow that she no longer needs my help, that's fine.

Seriously sitting in my bathtub gearing up to cam with this look on my face while reading...

sad ew GIF

I've had thousands of members in my room (not bragging at all, just giving context) and I don't have mods. Models run a business. You don't see the bank teller having her customers tell others the exchange rates or a lawyer have one client tell another if she will take his case. If you can't control your damn room like a big girl (or boy or however you want to be identified) get outa the biz. Unless you're doing a gigantic jello wrestling contest with another model and literally cannot touch the keyboard, I don't see a reason. Only thing I want from members is tokens and for everyone to have a good time. Not for them to obsess or spend countless hours behind the scenes.

Control your shit. I ban/ignore/mute 50 a day while having hard core shows. It's not hard.

Ok off my soapbox.

If the model is fine with mods doing most of the typing for them that's fine. If users don't respect that they can leave the room. If the model isn't 100% happy with their mods they need to talk to their mods about their behavior or de-mod them. I suspect a lot of new models are just too lazy. They want to have fun on cam and make quick money, outsourcing the grunt work and putting in zero effort to marketing and moderating.

So you're fine with a moderator or room helper causing a model to lose money? Also, the person I referenced was NOT a mod nor room helper. He was nothing more than a member who had been in her room every single day she broadcast for over eight years. Yet, he rarely tipped. If you missed it, I called out that you could see and hear the tone of frustration in her voice quite a few times. She even told him more than once that she can handle answering the questions.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

This is a pretty good example of what I was speaking about in my earlier post. Guys are in there to see and chat with the model. Pretty ridiculous when they can't even do that without AmysNumba1Fan barking (at every poor bastard who speaks) "SHE DOESN'T DO PRIVATES! READ HER PROFILE. SHE'S FROM FLORIDA! SO TIP HER IF YOU THINK SHE'S HOT!" Lol. That is absolutely insaaane in the membraaane, and that nonsense WILL piss off other members...some who might have been willing to tip her prior to that knucklehead running his mouth. But something tells me that some of these "room helpers" couldn't give a flying fuck that they're fucking with this model's earnings. It's kinda like a jealous boyfriend losing his mind when he sees that you have a male friend liking one of your Facebook pics.

So you're fine with a moderator or room helper causing a model to lose money? Also, the person I referenced was NOT a mod nor room helper. He was nothing more than a member who had been in her room every single day she broadcast for over eight years. Yet, he rarely tipped. If you missed it, I called out that you could see and hear the tone of frustration in her voice quite a few times. She even told him more than once that she can handle answering the questions.

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you... was in a hurry. Been a hectic day. It was supposed to be a general post not a specific reply.

I will say this on Mods - I think are needed in most rooms. I like it better if the MOD is asking for tips then if the model is. I like it better if the Mod is thanking me for tips. A good Mod I thinks brings buzz to the room. And a good mod has a back and forth with the model - kind of like Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. hhaha - I enjoy to see that. Yes I have seen mods get out of hand with guests AND also put 100 things into chat in 10 minutes so are totally annoying. Good luck models finding a good one =) And for me - if the job paid I would not even do it hahahah

So how the hell do you even tip 6000 tokens on CB while you jerk off and moderate a busy room?

Do you
a) Type with your nose
b) Use a fleshlight
c) Hire an assistant
d) All of the above

🤔
It ain’t for the rookies!
It takes skill, balance and a good breakfast!
start slow, with say, a couple 500 tkn tips at first... you’ll get there!😆😆😆

Status
Not open for further replies.