AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can you Block a DM from OnlyFans Models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
My god, it's 11:28 am as I write this here in the UK and I have already had 4 DMs from this model/content creator I signed up for on OnlyFans.
so far 2 are promoting PPV content and 2 are promoting other women on the site. She has 2 accounts: free + premium - this is her premium one.

I am wondering, is there such a way to block the DMs from her but still make it so I can see, like, comment etc on her stuff?
The options I see, and understand are BLOCK but that's to block her from accessing MY profile, and then RESTRICT is to stop her being able to DM me but this also stops me being able to like and comment on photos/vids/posts.

I only want to block her DMs.
(She also has her feed full of promo's for other models/creators - which is fine, I can easily hide those, or hide ALL of her stuff going to my feed)

I just don't like being spammed with stuff like this.

Unsure if you can block dms without blocking the person, but you can put her on mute, which (iirc) won't give you a (1) new dm every time. But this will mean you'll have to go to her profile to see posts, they won't appear on your timeline.

Go on her profile and click the star (on right side of the dm icon, same line where you tip). There should be a "Muted" option.

Reactions: NotYou
Unsure if you can block dms without blocking the person, but you can put her on mute, which (iirc) won't give you a (1) new dm every time. But this will mean you'll have to go to her profile to see posts, they won't appear on your timeline.

Go on her profile and click the star (on right side of the dm icon, same line where you tip). There should be a "Muted" option.

Thanks I muted, and then it has an option to "hide Direct Message" from the person so I have done that too.
1 hr after I posted the above post/thread, she sent out ANOTHER Dm saying "don't miss out" with arrows facing upwards towards her promos... i mean damn!

The odd thing is, she has 34,000+ people on her premium OnlyFans, surely I can't be the only one to find it annoying, so I wonder how many of those 34k members have her muted/restricted (34k members but most of her posts have under 50-100 likes).

Thanks I muted, and then it has an option to "hide Direct Message" from the person so I have done that too.
1 hr after I posted the above post/thread, she sent out ANOTHER Dm saying "don't miss out" with arrows facing upwards towards her promos... i mean damn!

The odd thing is, she has 34,000+ people on her premium OnlyFans, surely I can't be the only one to find it annoying, so I wonder how many of those 34k members have her muted/restricted (34k members but most of her posts have under 50-100 likes).
Knowing how many fans are so incredibly annoyed by it is the reason I make it one of my bullet points on my ads. I know I make WAY LESS MONEY by taking this route, but I just choose to be this way. Kinda always have taken this approach to all of my camming/adult content stuff.
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 12.53.50 PM.png

I do still send out occassional videos via DM but it's once a week, if that.

Last edited:
Knowing how many fans are so incredibly annoyed by it is the reason I make it one of my bullet points on my ads. I know I may WAY LESS MONEY by taking this route, but I just choose to be this way. Kinda always have taken this approach to all of my camming/adult content stuff.
View attachment 92242

I do still send out occassional videos via DM but it's once a week, if that.

See, this is great and I definitely don't mind some ads (for content) in DM, in fact, I expect it, but I think this example of 5 messages in the space of the morning was a bit too excessive, and I can only begin to imagine how it would be after weeks. I don't even mind content promo once per day, sure that is a pain too but not too bad. The worst is when it's promoting other models, I get this is advertising and it's a way to get more fans for each of them, but if I wanted other's, I would go looking for them.

So I definitely appreciate those of you who don't spam like this

Knowing how many fans are so incredibly annoyed by it is the reason I make it one of my bullet points on my ads. I know I may WAY LESS MONEY
This is really what it comes down to: it's annoying, but it does work. I have always made more money with mass messages than without.

What I do is offer people to be on a "do not send" list. Since OF has lists, it's easier than ever as a creator to simply click this list and not have any mass messages (especially ppvs) sent to them. I don't think enough of my subscribers are aware of this, I think I'm going to mention it in a welcome dm or something.

This is really what it comes down to: it's annoying, but it does work. I have always made more money with mass messages than without.

What I do is offer people to be on a "do not send" list. Since OF has lists, it's easier than ever as a creator to simply click this list and not have any mass messages (especially ppvs) sent to them. I don't think enough of my subscribers are aware of this, I think I'm going to mention it in a welcome dm or something.
That's a great idea.

The list idea is very good and would be very good.
The mute + hiding her messages "kind" of work, it still pops back up in the messages bit but just not as new, but I did have a look, and since the one I mentioned above where she posted arrows and saying "dont miss out", she has sent out 8 more!!. There is excessive then there is excessive, right ? haha

I have this option in my welcome DM (had it that way since I started my OF), basically saying if they want to opt-out of ppv dm's then to message me and let me know so I can add them to the dont send list, so far 0 people have opted out, but I also send a ppv maybe once a month if that. I think another reason people havnt opted out is they want to see what it is they could miss out on, but if it got to the point where I was spamming dm's I think the frustration would overtake the curiosity and I would have a lot more people on the dont send list.

Status
Not open for further replies.