AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cartoons and TV Shows You Miss

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Blake

Cam Model
Feb 11, 2012
Twitter Username
@Nerdgasmgirl
Tumblr Username
nerdgasmgirl
MFC Username
DianaBlake
Streamate Username
DianaBlake
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/58263/nerdgasmgirl
So, I was just sitting on the couch lamenting that netflix doesn't have a lot of the shows I really loved as a kid and a lot of them seem to be terribly hard to find. As a child of the late 80s and early 90s...and a childish teenager and adult for the rest of it I find there are a lot of TV shows and cartoons I really miss. It seems like cartoons especially just aren't the same these days. So, I thought I'd list a few and see what the rest of you used to watch and what you miss. For me:

Gummi Bear Adventures
Rescue Rangers
Pirates of Dark Water
Thundercats
Dungeons & Dragons
X-Men
Duck Tales

I will admit to downloading and marathoning a few of these in the last few years when serious nostalgia has hit. There are a lot of other shows I miss that are less...kid-ish but these are the ones that strike me at the moment. Now, what about you guys? :dance:

Reactions: driverxtc
Gummi Bear Adventures
Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Thundercats
Dungeons & Dragons
He-man
Silverhawks (though I don't remember much about them)
Transformers
Voltron (which I actually found on Netflix)
GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Batman- the animated series
Tiny Tunes
Duck Tales
Tailspin-- Despite raping Jungle Book of it's characters, they at least kept the heart of those characters; Baloo was about the bear necessities, Louie partied in his bar, and Shere Khan was ruthless.

I'm happy to see Gummi Bears up there. My best friend and I were camping one night and started singing the theme song at the top of our lungs, along with the Coo Coo cola song from that episode of Rescue Rangers.

Wow! I think I just figured out why I was so lonely in school.

The_Brown_Fox said:
celanimation53.jpg

Jem is my all-time favorite cartoon. I grew up watching it in the 80s/90s. I was so excited last year when the dvd set was released on Amazon.

Jem theme song
http://youtu.be/bgzZ2Ta0EpA
JEM!!! She's truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous. LOL I was starting to think I was the only one who watched that cartoon.
Dark Wing Duck,
The Ren & Stimpy Show,
The Animaniacs, (Pinky and The Brain, Chicken Boo, Buttons and Mindy, The GoodFethers),
Tiny Toon Adventures,
the first ten seasons of The Simpsons (back when the show was off the hook funny, not crap like it is now),
and my all time favorite missed TV show is...

OMG, I wanted to be a Fly Girl soooooooo bad when I was a kid. Every time that show was on and the they where dancing, I'd try to dance right along with them. :lol: I was such a dork.

Reactions: 1 person
I watched a few episodes of Jem today on dvd. My son even sat down next to me on the couch and watched it with me too, after we had some Burger King.

Jem had such a beautiful singing voice. :)

Dude, I totally should have included Tailspin and Invader Zim. Although, I didn't watch Invader Zim until I was an adult I loved it when I was finally turned on to it. And the doom song gets stuck in my head for weeks at a time so I'll run around grocery shopping going "doom, do-doom, doom, doom, dooooom" :lol:

I hate to say it but I never did watch Jem but I'm hearing a lot of people say it was really good. I think I might have to look into it.

spearss91 said:
Now when i am working and less time to watch Tv..

I miss Tom and Jerry too much... :thumbleft:

I think Tom and Jerry airs on the channel Boomerang. :)

Firefly. I'll extend my list later after work, but Firefly.

My last girlfriend would substitute Jem's name with mine when singing the themesong, she sang it so often I found myself singing it when grocery shopping. This is my hell.

SweepTheLeg said:
Firefly. I'll extend my list later after work, but Firefly.

My last girlfriend would substitute Jem's name with mine when singing the themesong, she sang it so often I found myself singing it when grocery shopping. This is my hell.

I love the theme song. :) On the dvd there's an interview with the woman who did the singing voice of Jem, and she said she never knew she could make her voice go that high. :cool:

Okay I'm home now let's start this list:

Boy Meets World- the fact that the reruns are only on at 6-7AM on ABC family during the weekdays is a god damn travesty. I'm a cory matthews in a shawn hunter world.

X-men animated series from the early 90s

Batman animated series from the early 90s

NewsRadio I consider this cast one of the best ensemble put together, this show would have went on much longer and was really coming into its stride before Phil Hartman's cunt of a wife. Still angry to this day, still miss him. The first three seasons are on Netflix go check it out.

Quantum Leap- The way this show ended they could easily bring this show back.

I would have said Community but it's back and I am ever so excited- if you follow me on twitter you know this all too well.

SweepTheLeg said:
NewsRadio I consider this cast one of the best ensemble put together, this show would have went on much longer and was really coming into its stride before Phil Hartman's cunt of a wife. Still angry to this day, still miss him. The first three seasons are on Netflix go check it out.
Yea, it just wasn't the same with John Lovitz.

Oooooh, Quantum Leap!

I want to also add:

Farscape
Spiderman: The Animated Series
Home Improvement
Felix the Cat
Josie and the Pussycats
Yogi Bear

Reactions: ILikeUonTop
I'm gonna date myself a bit, but anyway:

WKRP in Cincinnati

One of the funniest damn shows ever.

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

Quite a few of these shows I have managed to purchase on DVD!

Animaniacs

Batman: The Animated Series

Batman Beyond

Big Bad Beetleborgs

Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers

Conan: The Adventurer

Darkwing Duck

Doug

Gargoyles (Unfortunately, the sales of the first volume of season 2 weren't good enough for Disney to release the rest of it or the show on DVD)

GI Joe

Goosebumps

Gummy Bears

Mighty Max

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Monster Rancher

Nick Arcade

Pirates of Dark Water

Pokemon (The original anime)

Ren & Stimpy

Rugrats

Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Street Sharks

Taz-Mania

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

Tiny Toon Adventures

The X-Files

VR Troopers

X-Men

Adventures of Pete and Pete! :-D

Oh God, how I loved (and love) that show :shifty:

Everything about it. The music (the opening theme and all the music that Polaris created for the show, the Magnetic Fields, the 6ths, Gothic Archies, Nice, Luscious Jackson, Deleware, Chug... it's all good shit, yo!), the characters (the Petes! Ellen, who had I rather large pre-pubescent crush on! Motherfucking Artie the strongest motherfucking man in the world! Michael Stipe as an ice cream vendor! Iggy Pop as a dad!), the stories, the quirkiness and the weird charm that was at the centre of every episode... it all fills me with warm fuzzies even now.
Pete and Pete were pretty much my favourite thing about the 90s :-D

Some that were already mentioned---
Boy meets world
Buffy
Pete and Pete
Rugrats
Rocko's Modern Life
Ren and Stimpy
Doug (before he went to college or whatever)
Hey Arnold!
NewsRadio
The muppets

Some that were not:

Reactions: LuckySmiles
Been reading the Voltron and He-Man comics, so those are the top of my list right now.
I'm also making my niece watch Jem.

Between dvds, Netflix, Hulu, and syndication, I've managed to find most of the shows that have been listed in this thread so far. Hell, they even show He-Man and She-Ra (along with a few other throwbacks) on a dtv channel called Qubo.

One I had to break down and download through less-than-legitimate means was Muppet Babies.

I love Fraggle Rock. And, in the fashion of Jim Henson properties, it still holds up, too. (That's another thing about a lot of those old cartoons and shows -- at least half of them are not nearly so good as our memories would have us believe.)

Reactions: LucyLegz
If Disney would stop being dicks, I would love to buy digital versions of a lot of the shows in this thread on Amazon. I know I can get torrents of them, but I would much rather have legal copies.

Reactions: Eden01
Status
Not open for further replies.