AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB TOS violation??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveat: I'm not a lawyer, but it would depend on the story and how much you are reading. For example, reading from the Bible or Moby Dick would be fine because both are out of copyright. Reading short passages for comment and critique should be covered under fair use... if the concept of fair use even applies in your location (fair use is not a universal concept). If you know the writer and they give you permission to read it online then you are good as well.

However, just because doing something doesn't violate copyright doesn't mean CB won't ban you for it... apparently they warned/banned someone for building something with Lego on cam, which is totally ridiculous since copyright law doesn't even apply to Lego. That is trademark law, and as long as you are using the term Lego(tm) to refer to their little plastic bricks and not selling little plastic bricks that you call "Lego" then you are not violating their trademark.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Guess it's one of these things where you won't like the answer if you ask support just like copyrighted music. So better don't ask.

I wouldn't exactly put "reading lesson from book xyz" into your room topic, otherwise I'd just do it.

Does anyone know if it would violate any of Chaturbate’s TOS if I was reading from a published short story during my broadcast? I’ve re-read through the Terms of Service & I cant find anything, but not sure if I might have missed it.

Did they take action against you? I think this is one of those things where technically the answer is yes it violates a term because you may have violated a copyright. But in practice I cannot ever imagine them taking action against it. If they did, I would guess it would be some kind of warning.

I think where CB acts quickly to ban - and in fact massively over-reacts - is in the presentation of any visual image that is other than the model. So playing the nightly news, or a music video, or a game stream, without the model's image very clearly on that page, quite often results in a ban. I once presented images that I had created myself and had sole copyright to in a slideshow, and they banned me in five minutes. These were non nude images. It took me three weeks to finally get an authorization and okay to do that again, but I never did that again. :)

Did they take action against you? I think this is one of those things where technically the answer is yes it violates a term because you may have violated a copyright. But in practice I cannot ever imagine them taking action against it. If they did, I would guess it would be some kind of warning.

I think where CB acts quickly to ban - and in fact massively over-reacts - is in the presentation of any visual image that is other than the model. So playing the nightly news, or a music video, or a game stream, without the model's image very clearly on that page, quite often results in a ban. I once presented images that I had created myself and had sole copyright to in a slideshow, and they banned me in five minutes. These were non nude images. It took me three weeks to finally get an authorization and okay to do that again, but I never did that again. :)
I didn’t try. Didn’t want to risk not being able to cam over. I’m too chicken. lol

I didn’t try. Didn’t want to risk not being able to cam over. I’m too chicken. lol

I would contact support and tell them you want to read from a book in your room and want to make sure that this does not violate a rule. Once they come back with "you are okay" I would reply and ask them to please make a note in your account that support had approved you for that activity. I don't know if they would make that note or not. I think Shirley does make such notes in accounts, and maybe she would do that for you.

By the way, in my favorite model's room, she and I are playing song requests all night long, hundreds of songs a week. I have never seen a model banned for that although it probably also is a gray area.

In addition to @Smores suggestion for contacting support regarding it, which is definitely the safest and best option, also include a few book titles you'd plan to read from. That way they can check for you and you can have XX amount of books to read from in the future and won't ALWAYS have to keep asking them.

Consider using an e-mail address not associated with your account. I have the feeling it's a question where you probably won't like the answer. I mean what answer would you expect when you ask "can I play copyrighted music in my room?"

Status
Not open for further replies.