AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Charlesbot update - PSA - be careful.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2017
Twitter Username
@Striker44mfc
MFC Username
Striker44s
I just saw some tweets about an update to Charlesbot where it can not follow twitter accounts and repost tweets to your room.

I'm copying 2 twitter links for the information.

Here's the problem though. I could be wrong but it seems to me that CharlesBot by default follows 3 accounts - @CharlesBotMFC, @MyFreeCams and @MFCShare.

So BY DEFAULT I think that if you uses Charlesbot any tweets from these accounts will post into your room. If that is correct, I think it's stupid to have default accounts do that. All posts in a models room should be Opt In.

To remove an account from posting to your room do this :
!unfollow @CharlesBotMFC
!unfollow @MyFreeCams
!unfollow @MFCShare

Here are the original tweets.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Lelo1
oh thank god i keep meaning to figure out how to turn that shit off. So now i don't have to?
I believe so. What you can do to check....

Use the command :

!follow

With nothing next to it, it should show a list of any accounts that are being followed. Is you see any then do this :

!unfollow @userName

And that should unfollow them.

If you have any problems let me know and I'll help if I can.

Striker44s

Wednesday night while I was on I received a message in chat stating that charlesbot no longer will auto follow and post in your room but you can add any account with what's listed above.. he also proceeded to leave my room and be offline for a few hours before returning.. basically you can tell mfc is definitely running charlesbot now :think:

Wednesday night while I was on I received a message in chat stating that charlesbot no longer will auto follow and post in your room but you can add any account with what's listed above.. he also proceeded to leave my room and be offline for a few hours before returning.. basically you can tell mfc is definitely running charlesbot now :think:

I saw that message also in my friends room. MFC bought CharlesBot a while ago as far as I understand. I think they even hired the developer to work for them full time. It sounds like it's all sorted now. I just don't know what the point if this feature is. It only works when the model is in the room. I suspect few models are tweeting when they are in the room working... and even if they are.. the guys people are already with her in the room. I don't see many models following others and just want random tweets appearing... I just don't see a good use case for this.

I saw that message also in my friends room. MFC bought CharlesBot a while ago as far as I understand. I think they even hired the developer to work for them full time. It sounds like it's all sorted now. I just don't know what the point if this feature is. It only works when the model is in the room. I suspect few models are tweeting when they are in the room working... and even if they are.. the guys people are already with her in the room. I don't see many models following others and just want random tweets appearing... I just don't see a good use case for this.
Yeah its sort of a useless tool, I'm really wondering what spawned the idea to start this feature.

I follow myself, but the only tweets that show up are "I'm online!" which happens 5 minutes after I've come on cam anyway, so it's moot. I can't really imagine what other account I could follow to actually utilize the feature in a useful way.

A maybe case could be following MFC to see if there are scheduled downtimes coming up?
If they had a twitter account only for scheduled downtimes that would be a great use. But that should really be built into MFC itself so you get a notice without having to follow it. I think they do put something on the home page on occasion, but not sure if they have any warnings that they can push to each room.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.