AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chatty non-tippers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2018
Bakersfield, ca
Twitter Username
@bbragusMFC
MFC Username
Sugarbb_
What do you do when your room is pretty quiet and there is like one guy that is super super chatty, asking you all types of questions and trying to continue the conversation with you in the public chat and he has no tokens. I know you are supposed to pay attention to the tippers but what if no one is tipping? I don't want to focus on these non tipping chatty guys but it is hard not to when they are the only one asking questions and engaging in conversation.

I know this annoys some of the potential tippers in the room when you are giving your attention to a freeloader but they don't do anything about it because maybe they don't want to be rude and interrupt ?

What would you do in that situation? Here is a break down of the situation

*Slow day, quiet room, one chatty freeloader dominating the conversation.

Reactions: Super_Stella
What do you do when your room is pretty quiet and there is like one guy that is super super chatty, asking you all types of questions and trying to continue the conversation with you in the public chat and he has no tokens. I know you are supposed to pay attention to the tippers but what if no one is tipping? I don't want to focus on these non tipping chatty guys but it is hard not to when they are the only one asking questions and engaging in conversation.

I know this annoys some of the potential tippers in the room when you are giving your attention to a freeloader but they don't do anything about it because maybe they don't want to be rude and interrupt ?

Depends on how annoying they are but you could send them a free PM just so they can spam you in that, you don't have to pay attention to said PM then, and it gets them out of the public chat and not annoying the potential tippers. Or you could just ask them to stop talking so much (be it verbally, public chat or in a PM).

I start responding that I'll answer for a tip, ignore them completely, or ban them. Which I do depends on my mood, how annoying/personal the questions are, the phase of the moon, where Saturn is in relation to Orion, etc. I'm a little on the ban-happy side personally, but I'd rather ban someone who's only a little annoying, as opposed to letting them hang around "because they're not that bad" and eventually growing to despise them, which I have seen happen with many models. I do troll trolls back a little for personal entertainment, but if they're merely annoying and/or freeloading, it's time to give them the boot.

Reactions: sugarbb_
I usually don't mind the chatty non tippers because at least it kinda gets your room going and sometimes it's better than sitting in an empty room, it is frustrating tho when they don't even tip one token, I don't do chatting in pm and often have to tell people to chat in public, and then ignore them if they continue, if I have a busy room and one person constantly asking questions or monopolizing my time with no tippi g then I just ignore them

Reactions: helenavixen

This is mostly a perception issue than the chatting. Members can't usually tell who's a tipper and who isn't because some people buy content, others hide their tips (not sure which site you use so this part might not apply). In most cases unless the member or yourself have announced he's not tipping they might not know the difference (well unless it's a grey or something obvious). However you need to make sure any conversation you get into in public chat either doesn't disrupt the mood of the room nor get so personalize to one person that people feel they are interrupting. Because people can't always know your reasoning for a ban they can see you ban the only person talking to you as a que NEVER to talk which turns your room quiet quickly.

In general control your room conversation a chatty member will talk about whatever YOU want to talk about as much they would want to talk about themselves. Leave them controlling the topic and conversation to pvt if that talk would change the room's mood and be aware when you do certain bans for 'grey area' behavior explain it or your members will usually will make up their own answers and that can work against you.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
I would start doing something else on cam and let him know that he can tip to notify me when he has an additional question. Do something visually engaging enough to appeal to others who may pop in, but that you can give your attention to rather than being sat staring at the screen.

What to do? idk what kind of room you run. Wipe your dildos down, change your outfit a little, touch your makeup and hair up, whatever!

As others have mentioned, I think trying to keep it a little more generic might be good so as to allow some people to feel a little welcoming to the conversation. For myself, I don't like to tie up a model so much that she can't interact with others. I actually feel kind of weird being the one doing all the talking in public when there's others in the room. Different story if it's just her an I.

I start responding that I'll answer for a tip, ignore them completely, or ban them. Which I do depends on my mood, how annoying/personal the questions are, the phase of the moon, where Saturn is in relation to Orion, etc. I'm a little on the ban-happy side personally, but I'd rather ban someone who's only a little annoying, as opposed to letting them hang around "because they're not that bad" and eventually growing to despise them, which I have seen happen with many models. I do troll trolls back a little for personal entertainment, but if they're merely annoying and/or freeloading, it's time to give them the boot.
Thanks.
As others have mentioned, I think trying to keep it a little more generic might be good so as to allow some people to feel a little welcoming to the conversation. For myself, I don't like to tie up a model so much that she can't interact with others. I actually feel kind of weird being the one doing all the talking in public when there's others in the room. Different story if it's just her an I.
That is good that you dont want to tie up a model. I wish others felt that way, esp when they don't tip. I mean a little small talk here and there is good but yeah if you're telling her your life story or asking a ton of detailed questions and dominating the chat, you may be preventing her from making tokens from others that would want to tip but are hesitant about interrupting. So I am glad you feel that way. You are absolutely right.

I would start doing something else on cam and let him know that he can tip to notify me when he has an additional question. Do something visually engaging enough to appeal to others who may pop in, but that you can give your attention to rather than being sat staring at the screen.

What to do? idk what kind of room you run. Wipe your dildos down, change your outfit a little, touch your makeup and hair up, whatever!
That is great advice! thanks

If they are chatting me up and haven't thrown me a buck or two, I ask them if they plan on tipping or taking me to pvt at all. It either gets them to pay me or they leave. If they pitch a fit, I remind them that I'm a cammodel, and I'm here for money. Sometimes members who chat you up forever can chase away paying members. They will see you are involved in a 2 way conversation and doesn't want to interrupt it, so they leave.

I don't mind chasing out people who have zero intentions on participating in countdowns or purchasing shows. Let alone tip me a few bucks.

It depends on which site it is.

On MFC, if they're chatty, I'd respond anything non personal with questions that are open ended, things that anyone could respond to. Any sexual or personal questions required a tip, or anything that has a more complex answer. Even if McChatty doesn't tip for an answer, sometimes someone else will and conversation will open up to more people. If nothing works, I'll put a timer on a countdown and if it doesn't clear, take a break and try later. Also, even if someone has zero tokens, they could always end up feeling compelled to buy more. I care more about stuff like whether or not they're a 0/20 member who has an account that's six years old. That type is best off being ignored, but if they've got higher points, it can be worth engaging.

On SM, I don't tolerate chatty members too much. On that site, if someone is too chatty, it definitely has a major impact on getting shows, others will think you're too busy if you're tied up talking to someone else too much. I'll respond a few questions, mention that the personal or sexual ones require gold, and if they're ignoring the prods to tip or go exclusive, well, they get ignored too.

If they are chatting me up and haven't thrown me a buck or two, I ask them if they plan on tipping or taking me to pvt at all. It either gets them to pay me or they leave. If they pitch a fit, I remind them that I'm a cammodel, and I'm here for money. Sometimes members who chat you up forever can chase away paying members. They will see you are involved in a 2 way conversation and doesn't want to interrupt it, so they leave.

I don't mind chasing out people who have zero intentions on participating in countdowns or purchasing shows. Let alone tip me a few bucks.
Thanks for the tip! Someone else had suggested that I charge for sexual questions. Do you actually have a set amount that you may charge for answering personal/sexual questions on a tip menu or do you just say "it'll cost you X amount of tokens?"

Reactions: AudriTwo

I couldn't agree with you more. I have just been way too nice in the past because it guess I felt like some conversation was bett4er than none. But that was not a great way to drive tokens.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I don't personally mind chatty non-tippers in my room. They can be a huge benefit imo, because it gives your room something to go off of. I've found it's easier to get other people in the discussion when other people are talking. Even if they aren't tipping, it will eventually bring in people who will tip.

Now if they are being annoying and asking dirty/personal questions with no tip..then I'd consider mentioning tipping for it. I actually make it a tip option to ask dirty questions/do dirty talk for only 10 tokens. If they don't respect that then just ignore them or ban them.

Reactions: sugarbb_
Thanks for the tip! Someone else had suggested that I charge for sexual questions. Do you actually have a set amount that you may charge for answering personal/sexual questions on a tip menu or do you just say "it'll cost you X amount of tokens?"
I'm not on a token site, I'm on a private based one. But I tell them I discuss my private life in public. If they are interested we can do an exclusive show and I can share there.

But you should start asking for tokens to answer their sexual questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.