AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate problem: anyone else experiencing this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen Crimson

Cam Model
Aug 21, 2017
Twitter Username
@HelenCrimson
Streamate Username
HelenCrimsonn
Chaturbate Username
HelenCrimson
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/134679/helen-crimson
I had the most frustrating problem with Chaturbate last night! The screen was showing me my feed and telling me I was broadcasting, but no one could see my room. It happened at multiple points during the show without it ever telling me that I'd disconnected. I was alarmed to see so many people start leaving my room, so I checked on my phone and I was displayed as offline. Normally it tells me when it's having connection issues. I had to start constantly checking my phone to make sure people could still see me, which I think was a turn off, because I only made 372 tokens in three and a half hours. So frustrating!

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm not sure if this is a problem with my internet or with Chaturbate.

The problem that You mentioned happened to me too, and I think It has to do with Chaturbate. They often have technical issues, mainly now in autumn when the models and members get back form vacation. :)

I had the most frustrating problem with Chaturbate last night! The screen was showing me my feed and telling me I was broadcasting, but no one could see my room. It happened at multiple points during the show without it ever telling me that I'd disconnected. I was alarmed to see so many people start leaving my room, so I checked on my phone and I was displayed as offline. Normally it tells me when it's having connection issues. I had to start constantly checking my phone to make sure people could still see me, which I think was a turn off, because I only made 372 tokens in three and a half hours. So frustrating!

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm not sure if this is a problem with my internet or with Chaturbate.
You really have to be careful about that I usually run a feed through incognito browsing so I can see if I can be seen.

I'm also using obs which I discovered if you click Start streaming even if you're not on the Chaturbate site your feed will immediately connect with the Chaturbate site and people will come to the room the other day I had accidentally clicked start streaming and I was programming I'm sure it must have been a great time for everybody to watch

Yeah, I've been monitoring it pretty closely. I switched to OBS two nights ago, and its been working so much better. And my cam looks much nicer through OBS. Tonight I had one minor connection problem, and OBS immediately notified me when it went out, and when it cam back on.

You can change the settings in OBS to notify you when you start a stream and notify you when you end a stream. I have both turned on so I don't accidentally start broadcasting at a weird time or keep broadcasting after the show is over. I'd be creeped out if I found out people were watching me sleep :dead:

• Helpful!
Reactions: UniversitySmiles
Sorry for the noob question but.. What is OBS?

I've had this issue NONSTOP and Chaturbate claims there is nothing wrong even though my regulars get kicked constantly, don't see me online, or have other technical issues. Chaturbate won't do anything about it.

It's terribly frustrating. And I know it isn't happening on my end, so it has to be coming from Chaturbate. It makes me nervous to move too far away from my computer in case I don't see when my feed goes down.

Sorry for the noob question but.. What is OBS?

Open Broadcaster Software. I would totally recommend getting that set up. My feed looks much nicer and I actually get notifications from OBS when I'm having connection issues. Chaturbate has a guide to set it up: https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2820593-how-do-i-set-up-obs-

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ythee_Fox
Had this issue last night, sat in room with 0 viewers till I logged out and back into the site then boom 70 in room

I cant see my “Use external software (OBS)” under the Start Broadcasting D; anyone had this issue? Maybe this is not possible for South American bradcasters..

It's being rolled out on a "regional" basis (whatever that means) so some accounts get it faster than others. It took mine a couple of weeks to get set up. I'm not sure if South America is eligible yet, but that could be the issue. Their servers might not be able to handle the traffic, maybe? Not sure what goes into enabling external streaming software to be entirely honest.

Hi,

I have issues for several months and I feel like losing my mind. I sent a lot of emails to the support, but they say that everything it's allright. The users can't stay in my room, like somebody kick them from my room...it's like "X has joined my room" and immediately after "X has left your room"...they try to connect again and again and after a while they quit trying. I have a laptop with i7 processor, 4 Gb Ram, fast internet connection, webcam logitech C920, I also changed my ISP, the issue still persist. I tried with other sites and there everything goes flawless...it's not about my equipment. After a year and a half I have about 6000 followers and I tried to broadcast almost every day. I also tried with OBS and despite the fact that my bitrate and transmission are very good, the users still can't stay in my room. Have somebody else encountered same issues on CB? Thank you

Hi,

I have issues for several months and I feel like losing my mind. I sent a lot of emails to the support, but they say that everything it's allright. The users can't stay in my room, like somebody kick them from my room...it's like "X has joined my room" and immediately after "X has left your room"...they try to connect again and again and after a while they quit trying. I have a laptop with i7 processor, 4 Gb Ram, fast internet connection, webcam logitech C920, I also changed my ISP, the issue still persist. I tried with other sites and there everything goes flawless...it's not about my equipment. After a year and a half I have about 6000 followers and I tried to broadcast almost every day. I also tried with OBS and despite the fact that my bitrate and transmission are very good, the users still can't stay in my room. Have somebody else encountered same issues on CB? Thank you

Same exact issue for me. Chaturbate doesn't fix it.

I have sadly seen this happen with models before and sometimes it;s a very simple fix, whilst other times nothing seems to work.
The simple tfix that works half the time, seems to just be turn off your cam, refresh and come back after a few minutes - maybe even logout of your entire account and back in.
Other times I have seen them try everything, including restarting their PC/Laptop and still nothing. Sometimes it also only seems to last for a few mins, other times I have seen it happen for upward of 20mins! It's DEFINITELY a problem.

Had this issue last night, sat in room with 0 viewers till I logged out and back into the site then boom 70 in room

I think the issue you experienced is slightly different to the OP, but it's still a problem and actually it's MORE common and annoying and the only fix is to do what you did: refresh.
Any member who knows, can see on the user list that you're not in the chatroom/list for online users but can obviously clearly see you on the video. In this situation a person with tokens can send a tipnote and include a message to let the model know (it's the only way the model can see messages otherwise, they can't see PMs or public chat messages). Sadly, not many know to do this and simply think the model is ignoring them.

If you have greys allowed to chat in your room and even they are not saying anything, that's always a way of setting the alarm bells and should have YOU also check the user list - I am unsure exactly, but I THINK when you check with this scenario, it will only list you in the room and no one else. In which case, refresh and it will say you "joined the room" and voila problem solved.

Edit: This last one is usually caused by a lag. What can be horrifying for you models and you need to be aware of, this CAN happen when you leave the room for a PRIVATE. It will say you left the room, but will still show your entire private for everyone else. Sometimes this will pull you back into the public chatroom saying "name joined the room" after only a few minutes but sadly, it can keep you in the private for a long time, enough time for you to be doing way more than you'd want the public to see. I am also sure if this happens the person that took you private does not get charged any tokens, so they should be able to see - but most won't let you know because they are getting a free show.

One of my regulars said since maybe a month he often sees this error message on the video: "hls.js error network error - fatal true - manifest load error", screen goes grey and freezes. Sometimes it works after a refresh, sometimes it does not. Chat works though, just video doesn't. He wrote to cb support, but only got things like "update browser, disable firewall, disable adblock etc" back.

Chaturbate had some site issues according to the status site: https://status.chaturbate.com/history

i got the same problem , I used to have 700 to900 . Now I hardly have 50 viewers . People come in and out and keep trying to connect then they just give up . I got fast internet and all latest equipments Apple Mac and Logitech . And cb saying I got no problem with my account . I don't know what to do ?

I read other topics and somebody said that changing nickname could help. I bought a new camera (Logitech BCC950) and next month I will buy a macbook laptop. If the issues persist I will change my nickname... if there are no improvements after that I will stop my activity on the site.

We're having the same problem. Video feed suddenly drops for no apparent reason. Only sure way to tell is that the fps indicator dissapears. Oh and the number of user and token income plummets to the ground :(

It's not uncommon that we loos halv our viewers and most likely our best tippers when this happens :(

We're hoping that obs fixes this issue, but alas it is not available in Europe yet :(

Beondvanilla, send an email to support@chaturbate.com and ask them to activate obs for you. They give the option to use it then on cb. No idea why it's still in "beta" for European broadcasters, it works but takes that email to support.

Wow, I was away when this thread started and didn't see all this until now. I am considering going back to broadcasting in the next week. This is really disturbing.

At the moment, on a busy day for local internet which sometimes can slow me down, my speed is 71mbps download, 31mbps upload. I was going to see if I can do the whole OBS thing, but ultimately it looked like research and learnin' which I just don't want to put effort into at the moment! Even with these decent speeds, a good camera, and capable laptop/intel processor etc, I noticed this summer that it was really hard to get Chaturbate to broadcast at good quality, and I never had a ton of people in my room. Toward the end of the summer, there were certainly points where it did drop off like that to 5 or 0 users, and I could not figure out why. It did not occur to me that it potentially could be a technical problem like this (and I'm still not sure it is, because that was late Aug, and I'm not sure what happened fits the profile of what I should be seeing or not when this occurs). I would just log off, because I was frustrated and burned out anyway, and log on again later. And usually the numbers were a little better, but I figured it was just because I took a break and it was a new time window for traffic. Not sure.

So this really concerns me if this is a thing. But, it's also good to know that as a last-ditch fix, it might potentially work to simply close the broadcast window and reopen it again. Still thinking about getting a new laptop with top processing power and all, but not going to bother until I know it will actually help. My current one is decent enough that it should work. Still, if this is really a common thing, CB would have to eventually fix it because it would cost them a ton of money. Users will get pissed off and leave, and it will cost a lot in tips if they can't connect to the model. But of course if it's a random occurrence without a huge frequency, it will be tough to pinpoint.

So glad for the thread at least giving models a heads up to keep checking what's going on with the screen. Also good to realize that if chatter slows to a halt, something might be technically wrong. I hope if this ever happens when I go back in soon, a simple refresh will fix it... but I hope to god it doesn't happen more than once in a session if so, or during a private!

I had one private as it was that had a customer who lost connection, and he initially blamed it on my computer. Except that mine was working fine, and I was still able to chat with and stream to other customers when I lost him. Fortunately we were able to talk it out when he got back online later, and he still gave me a good rating even though he lost all his money and never got to reschedule a show. I did offer to give him one at half the length of the original totally for free because I felt bad, but he never took me up on it because he said he was having too much trouble with the computer. Then I realized in doing more reading that some customers will claim tech problems just to scam you into doing free shows, so I am wary of offering that again if it happens again. But I'm not sure how I would handle it if Chaturbate lost connection for both of us in the middle of a private show, and we could not get back into it or I didn't realize until much too late. I hate these kinds of headaches. Too much thinking, lol!

I had exactly the same issues with Chaturbate. I eventually tried other services to check whether it was myself or them. It seemed to work very well on the other sites so I assume that it is an issue with Chaturbate. While I like the rest of the site, I started to get irritated with them and preferred some of the other sites that I was using. The best one that I found, particularly for people coming from Chaturbate, was Easy Cams (easycams.co.uk). It was the closest thing to Chaturbate that I could find, so all of the controls were very familiar. The pay was also slightly more that Chaturbate. The only thing that might be an issue for some people is that it is mostly used by European countries such as UK, France, Germany. For myself that was great as I am based in the UK, but for others that may not be the best thing. Hope this helps you and if not, hope Chaturbate starts to work again for you :)

• Wat?!
Reactions: Guy
"The best one that I found, particularly for people coming from Chaturbate, was Easy Cams (easycams.co.uk). It was the closest thing to Chaturbate that I could find, so all of the controls were very familiar. The pay was also slightly more that Chaturbate."

Huh? Easycams just looks like whitelable afilliate of Chaturbate? How can they be offering more?

What a crock of shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.