AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate, worth it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy01

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 21, 2016
London, UK
Twitter Username
@Poppyspinkmfc
MFC Username
Poppyspink
Hi Everyone!

I joined Chaturbate around a month (give or take a few weeks) after joining MFC. I got that use to how MFC works I could not make head n tail of Chaturbate. Didn't understand the bots and literally gave up and put all my efforts into MFC.

MFC is an uphill struggle but it has been the big school holidays us Brits have and many go away on their holidays. I don't get many American's in my room just British so I am hoping MFC picks up for me now the school holidays are over...

ANYWAYS...I have decided to give Chaturbate ago and work it alongside camming on MFC (few hours on Chaturbate then log on to MFC).
I logged on a few days to learn the bots and how the site works...
Is it worth on Chaturbate to log on for 4-8hrs at a time in order to get noticed. I haven't been on for months so I'm not really known.

Any tips for Chaturbate, best ways to get noticed?

Or is it a bad idea to Chaturbate as well as MFC?

Thanks Everyone!!

XX

Every girl has different strategies and some girls make it work, but in my personal opinion it is always best to focus your efforts instead of spreading them thin. Juggling 20 activities makes me mediocre at all of them instead of master of 1. And when that happens I end up being overwhelmed by responsibilities, feeling down, and making less than I would otherwise. So I try to stick to just one site.

As someone who has been both in MFC and CB I have to say that I would never go back to MFC. It possibly has a lot to do with traffic and numbers. On MFC I only ever had around 200-300 people watching, with only a handful of tippers. I had to basically pray that a deep pocket member or two would find me and tip me for a while to "fund" all of my shows. And in exchange those members require a lot of dedicated attention both on site and off site. The expectation was that I would give them some personal attention, get to know them, listen to their problems, etc. I was also always dreading the moment when the whale of the season would leave. I also dreaded the camscore system which kept me on a constant state of dread and anxiousness and never really let me relax. I wasn't happy.

Chaturbate on the other hand is much more relaxed. Maybe it is a matter of traffic as I always hit at least 1500 viewers on my second hour on cam. People are much more inclined to tip on Chaturbate because since there are so many people in the room there isn't an expectation that anyone will carry all the load on their shoulders, the bulk of people tip smaller, but it adds up quickly. And you also find the occasional deep pocket member willing to spoil you. The only difference is he isn't the only one tipping so he doesn't feel entitled to more attention than you want to give. Also Chaturbate has no camscore so even if I make 100 tokens that day I never feel like I lost something when I log off.

So a few tips for CB success:

– Do plan for 3 to 4 hour sessions at a minimum. There is no camscore, remember? and your visibility increases with your audience. The main factor for drawing people in is time on cam even if what you are doing is boring if you stay for 4 or 5 hours at a time the people watching will build up. Some people opened you in another tab and forgot, others left their computer on and went to sleep, and they all count as viewers watching, so do whatever you need to do to make sure you can stay for long stretches at a time. You can spend the first hour just talking if that means you will have more energy to continue to be on later. Your goal must be to go as high as you can during your shift, first 2 rows for maximum exposure.

– More on traffic: don't be afraid of geoblocking countries or states. I have half the planet blocked and I am not featured on the affiliate sites and I am still the #1 cam on a good day with 3000+ people watching.

– Bots and apps are unimportant: it took me 6 months to even learn what they were for, I never used them! Now that I know what they do, I use them sometimes when I feel like they could boost my show, but all that matters is that you know how to treat your audience. If you dont know how to make money without bots, they wont make much of a difference. So don't stress over it. Use CB like it was MFC and learn at your own pace. These are the main apps you need to learn: tip goal, crazy ticket show, and token keno. The only bots you need: no gray demands/graphics, ultra bot.

– Don't designate mods at all if possible. Mods are a circle jerk on CB and unless you develop a good connection with a trustworthy member making someone a mod can spoil your room. Instead of mods learn how to limit chat to "all users – members with tokens – members who have tipped me – members who have tipped me today" restrict the groups that can talk when things get out of hand.

Hi Kitsune,

I've seen many of your replies on these forums before and agreed every time so many thanks for taking the time to answer mine, much appreciated.

I'm going on for around 7pm tonight as MFC will be dead as it's bank holiday here in the UK. I like MFC but like yourself I am finding unless I get the same people tipping if they are not online then forget it. I am hoping now the 5 week holidays are over in the UK that it will pick up...

Some nights I want to chat, dance and do a cum show if earn enough but I can't on MFC because if no one tips then bye bye cam score. That's why I like the idea of Chaturbate. Plus If I only earn £5 well its £5 in my pocket and like you said nothing lost one bit.

I'm under no illusion I'll earn nothing for the first 2 weeks as I want to build up my audience.

Quick question, on Chaturbate you are forbidden to drink alcohol. I like a glass of wine whilst on my shows so is it best to keep it out of shot and drink it out of shot?

Thank you xx

From a member perspectiveI find the banning system on CB quite annoying.

It happened 2 times that models I liked got banned within 1-2 weeks.....

;)

Reactions: SoTxBob
Going online at the same times you've scheduled is key on Chaturbate to build up regs. If the times are irregular or inconsistent, keeping a schedule in your bio helps a lot. I don't know how a person would be able to split cam CB and MFC if that's what you're talking about, and camming on two sites for more than a few hours will leave you exhausted. CB has too much of a party atmosphere. It's been a little slow for everyone, though. It'll pick up soon.

Everything Kitsune said is gospel except, I think you should give the apps a chance. When I started on CB, I thought the apps were confusing too, but I eventually got curious and started using them and began hearing more dings.

Chaturbate is worth it to me, because I can pay out on my terms with the daily pay out feature. If mfc had daily pay out, there'd be no way I would make the payout minimum after one show. Point blank, I think CB has more traffic to go around. I have a little following on cb, because that's where I started, but I gave mfc a try last winter. These days I have been splitting to mfc, because while it is usually slow enough to not need focus, it can supplement at the end of the month.

I don't know if you were intending on keeping it classy, but I just put the beverage in regular cup when I indulge.
Camming can be hard to explain, so adding an obvious glass of alcohol to the potential screenshots can create a faceted story that I won't be the one to tell.

I've been camming for a couple years and tried chaturbate back in 2014. I was impatient and didn't have much luck with it then. I recently started camming back on chaturbate with my boyfriend so I'm listed as "couple" instead of "female". There's way less couples camming (2 pages at most) compared to the 10+ pages of female cam girls.

Always tell people in your chat room to follow you- that way you send them notifications when you're about to log on. It does become repetitive, so most of the time I just write it so I don't sound like a broken record!

Not really sure if it's useful, but it never hurts to use hashtags of what you're room consist of. Hope this helps! :)

You can also try to make a new account, and broadcast as an exhibitionist for few hours. You don't have to do a show, just sit there and talk with the guys, just usual conversation :D. An an exhibitionist you get extra traffic and everyone will jump in your room and follow you. So, when you will verify your account you will already have a small following, and as you know, more viewers you have on chaturbate, more high on the page you are ranked.
Good luck! :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.