AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbating label?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2021
I'm sure I found an answer to this a couple of months ago, but not anymore and wonder if something has changed.
When browsing the pages of thunbnails, some have chaturbating label, which I thought meant the model wasn't verified and this somehow restricted the quality/resolution of their stream. This isn't the case is it, so what does it mean?

It means their stream quality is 540p or lower. HD+ is 1080p, HD is 720p.

That's what I read before, but have clicked into many that have HD in the bottom right and look 16:9 ratio rather than the square ones I thought they should be.

Actually, I see they are at 540 or lower :cool:

Actually again, I clicked into another that was chaturbating, but at 720, but then her thumbnail changed to HD label. As have a couple of others .... they change after I visit them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I read before, but have clicked into many that have HD in the bottom right and look 16:9 ratio rather than the square ones I thought they should be.

Actually again, I clicked into another that was chaturbating, but at 720, but then her thumbnail changed to HD label. As have a couple of others .... they change after I visit them?

Maybe they are changing their stream quality to account for fluctuations in their internet quality? I’ve seen models reduce the quality of their broadcast mid-show to try to make their connection more stable.

Reactions: curious68
Upvote 0

If they are streaming at 1080p and their bitrate is under the minimum that chaturbate wants for 1080p, chaturbate will label it as a SD stream on the broadcaster view, so I would assume that is also connected to the labeling.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info guys.

Now another question

What is the cause of a stream's viewing area shrinking and a what I can only describe as a frame appearing around it? I suppose it's a setting on the computer.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info guys.

Now another question

What is the cause of a stream's viewing area shrinking and a what I can only describe as a frame appearing around it? I suppose it's a setting on the computer.

It could be a wrong setting on the model’s side. It could also be your computer failing to go proper “full screen” for some reason (maybe the actual video is smaller than your screen and your settings won’t expand it?).

Could also be the cam site’s code not playing nice with your browser. Hard to say.

Upvote 0
It's definitely their end as other users are mentioning it. I'll let them figure it out, but I see it quite often..... it's visible in the the thumbnail too

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
anyone know what kinda internet speed you need for 4k? also what computer specs.? my webcam can do 4k it's just i have a good computer and net but don't know if it can do 4k or not.

Upvote 0
i just did speed test
Mbps download

Megabits per second upload

i keep getting around this. i have spectrum and i am in the usa i believe i pay for the 2rnd fastest that's available at-least where i live. why is upload much slower? sorry i dont know much about these things,

Upvote 0
i just did speed test
Mbps download

Megabits per second upload

i keep getting around this. i have spectrum and i am in the usa i believe i pay for the 2rnd fastest that's available at-least where i live. why is upload much slower? sorry i dont know much about these things,

I'd say those speeds are pretty impressive (at least here in Australia). Below are some links that explain differences, but download is almost always faster than upload.

For many users, uploading files is quite a bit slower than downloading files. This is usually normal, because most high-speed Internet connections, including cable modems and DSL, are asymmetric — they are designed to provide much better speed for downloading than uploading. Since most users spend much more time downloading (which includes viewing web pages or multimedia files) than they do uploading, high speed Internet providers have designed their systems to give priority to downloading. So if your upload speed appears to be slower than your download speed, this is probably expected.

What is a good download speed?
  • 25 Mbps+: All the above plus Stream Ultra HD video (UHD – 4k) should smoothly.
  • 40 Mbps+: All the above plus Stream Live Ultra HD video (UHD – 4k) should smoothly.
Anything over 40Mbps should be fine for all activities.

Whats a good upload speed?
  • 2 Mbps: Smooth HD Webcam streaming
  • 10 Mbps: Uploading approx 100MB of video should take approximately 2-3 minutes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.