AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Color

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2015
I've noticed a few models that I wanted to spend some time with but the color adjustments on their cameras seemed way off. All of them were heavily yellow tinted. One was off so far that she had yellow blotches on her chest.
Is it appropriate to mention it privately to them? I've already checked my system colors which appear fine and most of the rest of the models are tinted normally. I don't know enough about the software to know if it's adjustable on the model's side.

The color of your wall can be a factor too.

What makes me chuckle is that some other model who considers herself a know-it-all had bashed me for my moon and ocean wall backdrop, and was giving me shitty, unsolicited advice on how I need to take it down, and just have it be my bare white walls. Um...NO. Lol. Bare white walls fuck with my softbox lighting, and have me looking yellowish on cam. Around Easter time I decided to take down my moon and ocean backdrop to put up a pastel-colored Easter bunny decoration. Well that was a mistake, because it only covered a tiny area of my wall (So it looked stupid), and the removal of my blue moon and ocean backdrop instantly fucked with my lighting...and had me looking yellow on cam. My softbox lighting looks great against that dark blue color of my moon and ocean backdrop, so that backdrop is gonna stay up.

Reactions: AudriTwo and Ozzie_
The lights and colours may be calibrated, but if the color of the room and backdrop as yummybrownfox said don't do well with the type of camera and lights, it will not look good.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I've noticed a few models that I wanted to spend some time with but the color adjustments on their cameras seemed way off. All of them were heavily yellow tinted. One was off so far that she had yellow blotches on her chest.
Is it appropriate to mention it privately to them? I've already checked my system colors which appear fine and most of the rest of the models are tinted normally. I don't know enough about the software to know if it's adjustable on the model's side.

It can be adjusted to some extent, though the process to do so with webcams can be frustrating.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
the setting is "color temperature". You turn off automatic white balance, and tweak color temp. On my OBS (not windows) I can adjust both settings in the webcam settings OBS. I have heard on windows you may need to use the webcam manufactures tool to adjust the setting, and it is likely the setting needs to be redone on usb cable removals and/or reboots, and/or suspend/resume if a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.