AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Concerned about fake tips...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2016
Hey, I just had my first evening on MFC and a guy pm'd me asking for a Skype show for 8000 tokens. He tipped in pm beforehand, then during the show he asked for extras for a further 10000 which he also tipped in pm. The tips looked legit, it wasn't like he had typed it out or posted something as it didn't have his name before it. The tips were in green writing with a different sized font. They really did look legit but 3 hours later and they're not showing up in my account yet tips from free chat and private shows are. I know there might have been some slight issues today as I got logged out a few times as did some of the people in my room but I'm just worried I've been duped. Can anyone show me what a tip looks like in a pm? Thanks!

Oh no. :(

Tips are not green. They are highlighted in yellow or grey and are red font.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Influenced
Sometimes tips make no sound.

• Helpful!
Also those are outragous amounts! Usually those are a big redflag for scams. Im sorry that happened to you :( happened to me once when i first started camming.

• Hugs
If the tip does not ding, its a fake.

Not really - the /tip command now has the -s option for silent tips which is what Amber hinted at in her reply. And even before that option was added, I know a few models who had issues with the tip noise suddenly stopping until they restarted their computers.

Also those are outragous amounts! Usually those are a big redflag for scams.
To me the biggest red flag isn't the value (as 5+ digit tips are uncommon, but not non-existent) but the fact that they are coming from someone who isn't a regular. I'm sure there are people around who are honest and willing to give a large sum of money to someone they just met/dont have a long history, but those are extremely rare from what I've seen.

Yeah unfortunately you have been scammed.

Sounds like the guy used the /me function. If he typed "/me has tipped 8000 tokens" It would appear in green italics and say "Membername has tipped 8000 tokens"

Sorry you had to get burned this way.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
That really pisses me off....I mean seriously what a jerk, I am so sorry that you had your time wasted and were juked out of your time, effort and work, what a dick. :asshat::asshat::asshat: Yeah I put three asshat's up!

I hate when they fake tip! I've never had it on MFC but had it on Chaturbate, guy tipped 3 x 1000 for skype...tips never showed then I realised he just fake tipped.

It's horrible but don't let it get you down, you will know in future :) xx.

I've also seen fake tips that are created with the right colors, fonts etc in photoshop and entered as image in the chats. in a wall of yellow its hard sometimes to tell the difference. ALWAYS check your TIP INCOME TOTALS to be sure.

Any tips will instantly appear in your token totals, no delay.
Sorry that happened :(

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: BLiSFul
Status
Not open for further replies.