AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Connection Error for SOME users but not others

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same issues as what I am going to post below.
Note, this was a conversation between me, the broadcaster, and a member, and it's quite long. Mostly it's just troubleshooting and I will give a summary for the entire conversation between us.

Summary:
This model has had a few people come in over the past days saying the video will NOT load. The problem is, no one has ever actually said what is happening exactly, so one can only ever assume it's the whole "black screen" or "black screen with an "offline" message.
However, today (yesterday) a guy who is the model's fan actually tried to help us after he said he was experiencing the same problem. Fantastic! The first person to really give some proper information.
Multiple people have said they have this problem. Each one so far has ALWAYS been using an iPad or iPhone.

So, in the conversation below, he mentioned that this is what happens for him: it shows the black screen with a play icon with a cross through it, and then after a few seconds it will show a tiny glimpse of the video for about 1-2 seconds and then it will stop again, and go back to the play icon with a cross through it. It does this indefinitely, on a loop.

Troubleshooting:
I asked him to try a fair amount of things to try and troubleshoot, so it could at least eliminate anything "simple".
- Mobile View / Desktop View
- Originally he used Safari and I asked if he could try both Mobile/Desktop view in Chrome.
- We tried to change her server as well -she was using an Amsterdam one, which I can remember why because when she used the default/main server before, she had people on iPad having this issue, where her cam would not load for them.

He uses an iPhone 6s and he says it's all up to date, but he says that HER room is the only one to do it.
For me, on my Android (Galaxy S10) and my Desktop, her cam works perfectly on both Mobile and Desktop View.
I and she are both in Europe, I think he was US (actually forgot to ask that).

So far, I can only assume it's something to do with iPhones but I have no way to test and no idea what more to do/try anyway. I personally am at a complete loss.

I am wondering if anyone here has experienced some problems or similar and found solutions? Or if you can think of absolutely anything more to test and try to resolve this? Her end the stream shows no errors or anything, but of course it doesn't mean it isn't some setting/s she has. But as far as I am aware, she just has the default OBS settings provided by Charturbate.

If any of you have an iPhone and would be willing to try and help test when she is next on, that would also be appreciated. In which case, send me a DM and I will give her name.
She asked him if he could report the problem from his end to CB, and she is also going to report it but in all honesty, I think CB are just going to either ask all the same things I have, suggest some stupid things, or have no idea. Either way, there is definitely a problem, and we only know of a small handful who have mentioned it but then left. Lots of people come in and leave - some could be for other reasons, but we have no idea how many of these are experiencing the same problem, and if it's with the same device/s.

-------------------------------------

Member: I don't know why but my video isn't working so i just wanted to say hi.
Me: what does the video do/say? and what device are you using?
Member: IPhone. It won't connect
Me: it is happening to a few people but we don't know why/how without knowing more info,
Me: thanks. you on mobile view? or desktop?
Member: It's showing the Play icon with a slash thru it and about 3 seconds of the video keeps looping
Model: i dont know why some ppl cannot access my cam
Model: u had that problem with other rooms too?
Me: this is amazing help/info thanks
Member: No, just this one.
Me: what server link are you connected to [model]? is it the default CB one?
Me: ok thanks a lot, you're the first to actually help with more info
Member: It also says "connecting" but never connects
Me: In OBS in your streaming
Member: It happened yesterday too
Member: Or the last time she was on
Me: let me open my obs to show exactly lo
Model: im trying to figured out if i can help somehow
Member: No problem. I'm trying to provide as much info as i can
Model: you are very helpful
Me: [Model]: in OBS go to Settings > Stream
Me: then at the top where it says "server" do you have this one or something different?
Me: rtmp://live.stream.highwebmedia.com/live-orig in
Me: That one is the MAIN server, but we did try different servers if you remember
Model: `hold on
Me: Settings > Stream, then up the top it should say Server
Model: i need to stop the cam for few sec
Model: ok it was Amsterdam
Model: i switched to the main one (recommended)
Me: Try refresh [member], and see if it work snow
Member: Same problem
Model: what else can i check?
Model: if its actually me i don't know what the heck should i check
Me: if you're on mobile view, could you ty switch to desktop to see if that works?
Member: How do i do that beef? My laptop is down
Me: On your phone, in the top left should be a "hamburger" icon, click that
Me: it's the menu icon
Me: 3 white horizontal lines
Me: then near the bottom just above the twitter icon on the right side, it says "desktop site"
Me: click that, it's in small writing
Member: There is no hamburger icon. Lemme look around
Me: go to the main page and try if you can, it's the only place
Member: Ok brb
Me: or you can edit the website URL in the address bar and remove them. from it
Member: Okay back. On desktop site and the still same problem
Me: One final question for you, when you get back: what browser do you use (safari, or another)?
Member: Safari
Me: do you have chrome? if so would you be amazing and try that?
Member: I don't but I'll dl and see if it helps
Me: ok really appreciate it man
Me: thanks hugely, it does mean a lot
Member: Np
Me: For me on Android + Chrome on my phone it doesn't have a problem, so I am thinking it's Apple with Safari being the problem
Me: I do remember before, people on iPad had the issue
Member: Idk this the literally the only room that this happens
Member: No dice. On Chrome, desktop site. Same problem
Me: then I am truly out of ideas
Member: Womp womp
Me: But truly, thanks a million for trying and troubleshooting for us
Me: Really appreciate it
Member: No prob
Model: i will email the support asap
Model: i am so thankful
Member: Wish i could be more help
Model: because there are some other guys ( not many) who say they cannot see me
Me: Ok as a very last-ditch effort... if you click the video, does it do anything?
Model: if you would find some seconds to email the website as well and tell them your problem in my room it will be extremely helpful for me
Me: grasping at straws lol
Model: i will also send it
Member: Yeah i tried that to no avail beef
Me: wait, can you hear her but not see? or can't see or hear?
Member: No i can't see or hear. It won't connect

So, in the conversation below, he mentioned that this is what happens for him: it shows the black screen with a play icon with a cross through it, and then after a few seconds it will show a tiny glimpse of the video for about 1-2 seconds and then it will stop again, and go back to the play icon with a cross through it. It does this indefinitely, on a loop.

🤔 models bitrate too high for weak apple products to handle? :giggle:

Upvote 0
🤔 models bitrate too high for weak apple products to handle? :giggle:

Seems like maybe so, I have asked her to check what settings it has but i have a feeling she has the minimum - whatever CB would suggest.
If she is on 1080p, I will try get her to go to 720p, or heck, 480p - although first we need someone in the room who can test/tell us if it does or doesn't make any difference.

Literally grasping at any straws here so any suggestions etc is really appreciated to try

Upvote 0
Seems like maybe so, I have asked her to check what settings it has but i have a feeling she has the minimum - whatever CB would suggest.
If she is on 1080p, I will try get her to go to 720p, or heck, 480p - although first we need someone in the room who can test/tell us if it does or doesn't make any difference.

Literally grasping at any straws here so any suggestions etc is really appreciated to try
I have a really old iphone. I had a similar issue with audio in my SM room last week, and I was really grateful when people helped me out. I could pay it forward. I am available and could try to help?

Upvote 0
I can watch 1080p (HD+) models in Safari on my iPhone 7. Works fine in both the mobile and desktop site.
Granted, the 7 isn't "really old", but at least you have another datapoint.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has experienced the same issues as what I am going to post below.
Note, this was a conversation between me, the broadcaster, and a member, and it's quite long. Mostly it's just troubleshooting and I will give a summary for the entire conversation between us.

Summary:
This model has had a few people come in over the past days saying the video will NOT load. The problem is, no one has ever actually said what is happening exactly, so one can only ever assume it's the whole "black screen" or "black screen with an "offline" message.
However, today (yesterday) a guy who is the model's fan actually tried to help us after he said he was experiencing the same problem. Fantastic! The first person to really give some proper information.
Multiple people have said they have this problem. Each one so far has ALWAYS been using an iPad or iPhone.

Troubleshooting:
I asked him to try a fair amount of things to try and troubleshoot, so it could at least eliminate anything "simple".
- Mobile View / Desktop View
- Originally he used Safari and I asked if he could try both Mobile/Desktop view in Chrome.
- We tried to change her server as well -she was using an Amsterdam one, which I can remember why because when she used the default/main server before, she had people on iPad having this issue, where her cam would not load for them.

He uses an iPhone 6s and he says it's all up to date, but he says that HER room is the only one to do it.
For me, on my Android (Galaxy S10) and my Desktop, her cam works perfectly on both Mobile and Desktop View.
I and she are both in Europe, I think he was US (actually forgot to ask that).

So far, I can only assume it's something to do with iPhones but I have no way to test and no idea what more to do/try anyway. I personally am at a complete loss.

I am wondering if anyone here has experienced some problems or similar and found solutions? Or if you can think of absolutely anything more to test and try to resolve this? Her end the stream shows no errors or anything, but of course it doesn't mean it isn't some setting/s she has. But as far as I am aware, she just has the default OBS settings provided by Charturbate.

If any of you have an iPhone and would be willing to try and help test when she is next on, that would also be appreciated. In which case, send me a DM and I will give her name.
She asked him if he could report the problem from his end to CB, and she is also going to report it but in all honesty, I think CB are just going to either ask all the same things I have, suggest some stupid things, or have no idea. Either way, there is definitely a problem, and we only know of a small handful who have mentioned it but then left. Lots of people come in and leave - some could be for other reasons, but we have no idea how many of these are experiencing the same problem, and if it's with the same device/s.

-------------------------------------

Member: I don't know why but my video isn't working so i just wanted to say hi.
Me: what does the video do/say? and what device are you using?
Member: IPhone. It won't connect
Me: it is happening to a few people but we don't know why/how without knowing more info,
Me: thanks. you on mobile view? or desktop?
Member: It's showing the Play icon with a slash thru it and about 3 seconds of the video keeps looping
Model: i dont know why some ppl cannot access my cam
Model: u had that problem with other rooms too?
Me: this is amazing help/info thanks
Member: No, just this one.
Me: what server link are you connected to [model]? is it the default CB one?
Me: ok thanks a lot, you're the first to actually help with more info
Member: It also says "connecting" but never connects
Me: In OBS in your streaming
Member: It happened yesterday too
Member: Or the last time she was on
Me: let me open my obs to show exactly lo
Model: im trying to figured out if i can help somehow
Member: No problem. I'm trying to provide as much info as i can
Model: you are very helpful
Me: [Model]: in OBS go to Settings > Stream
Me: then at the top where it says "server" do you have this one or something different?
Me: rtmp://live.stream.highwebmedia.com/live-orig in
Me: That one is the MAIN server, but we did try different servers if you remember
Model: `hold on
Me: Settings > Stream, then up the top it should say Server
Model: i need to stop the cam for few sec
Model: ok it was Amsterdam
Model: i switched to the main one (recommended)
Me: Try refresh [member], and see if it work snow
Member: Same problem
Model: what else can i check?
Model: if its actually me i don't know what the heck should i check
Me: if you're on mobile view, could you ty switch to desktop to see if that works?
Member: How do i do that beef? My laptop is down
Me: On your phone, in the top left should be a "hamburger" icon, click that
Me: it's the menu icon
Me: 3 white horizontal lines
Me: then near the bottom just above the twitter icon on the right side, it says "desktop site"
Me: click that, it's in small writing
Member: There is no hamburger icon. Lemme look around
Me: go to the main page and try if you can, it's the only place
Member: Ok brb
Me: or you can edit the website URL in the address bar and remove them. from it
Member: Okay back. On desktop site and the still same problem
Me: One final question for you, when you get back: what browser do you use (safari, or another)?
Member: Safari
Me: do you have chrome? if so would you be amazing and try that?
Member: I don't but I'll dl and see if it helps
Me: ok really appreciate it man
Me: thanks hugely, it does mean a lot
Member: Np
Me: For me on Android + Chrome on my phone it doesn't have a problem, so I am thinking it's Apple with Safari being the problem
Me: I do remember before, people on iPad had the issue
Member: Idk this the literally the only room that this happens
Member: No dice. On Chrome, desktop site. Same problem
Me: then I am truly out of ideas
Member: Womp womp
Me: But truly, thanks a million for trying and troubleshooting for us
Me: Really appreciate it
Member: No prob
Model: i will email the support asap
Model: i am so thankful
Member: Wish i could be more help
Model: because there are some other guys ( not many) who say they cannot see me
Me: Ok as a very last-ditch effort... if you click the video, does it do anything?
Model: if you would find some seconds to email the website as well and tell them your problem in my room it will be extremely helpful for me
Me: grasping at straws lol
Model: i will also send it
Member: Yeah i tried that to no avail beef
Me: wait, can you hear her but not see? or can't see or hear?
Member: No i can't see or hear. It won't connect

I have reached out to the QA team about this so they can look into this further. If you have not already, can you please email support about this as well along with providing the username of the broadcaster you were helping in your email so they can troubleshoot?

Upvote 0
I have a really old iphone. I had a similar issue with audio in my SM room last week, and I was really grateful when people helped me out. I could pay it forward. I am available and could try to help?

She hasn't been on since this error happened when I posted it. She is going through some things so she is not on daily or at set times right now - she used to be.
Hopefully, when she is next on, I can message you here to ask if you are able to check if that's ok?

I can watch 1080p (HD+) models in Safari on my iPhone 7. Works fine in both the mobile and desktop site.
Granted, the 7 isn't "really old", but at least you have another datapoint.

If I also send you a link when she is on, would you be able to test it on your iPhone 7 - preferably with wifi + mobile network? And ideally with Safari, Chrome, Mobile View + Desktop View?
I can't offer any incentive you either of you or anyone else unfortunately but it would be truly appreciated.

just have her take a screenshot of the output settings screen and show us

I did actually ask her but so far she has not sent one, she will do but just not sure when lol.

I have reached out to the QA team about this so they can look into this further. If you have not already, can you please email support about this as well along with providing the username of the broadcaster you were helping in your email so they can troubleshoot?

I did send her this message from my first post here, and I changed the point of view from "me" talking to her (first person) talking, and she said she has sent an email earlier for it to Support.

( Her name is: xxmodel69 )

Last edited:
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
If I also send you a link when she is on, would you be able to test it on your iPhone 7 - preferably with wifi + mobile network? And ideally with Safari, Chrome, Mobile View + Desktop View?
I can't offer any incentive you either of you or anyone else unfortunately but it would be truly appreciated.
You wrote the model name further down, so I've followed her and will attempt to view with wifi/4G/Safari/Chrome. I'll let you know what I find (if our schedules cross).

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
She hasn't been on since this error happened when I posted it. She is going through some things so she is not on daily or at set times right now - she used to be.
Hopefully, when she is next on, I can message you here to ask if you are able to check if that's ok?

Most certainly, I would be happy to try and help out :) I'm online a lot working on clips, editing etc.

ETA; I don't expect an incentive. What goes around comes around, I'll probably get an invisible good karma credit for it, or something, so don't worry about that. Lots of people on this forum have helped me with lots of things, I enjoy being helpful too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, she is online and... she had her bitrate set to 10,000!!!
I have got her to change it to half (5,000) so hopefully that will have resolved it. When she showed the photo for 10k using 1920x1080... my mouth was slightly surprised to say the least lol

Upvote 0
So, she is online and... she had her bitrate set to 10,000!!!
I have got her to change it to half (5,000) so hopefully that will have resolved it. When she showed the photo for 10k using 1920x1080... my mouth was slightly surprised to say the least lol
I don't know if thats high enough to cause problem with some players but will have to test and see. Did you see the output screen on obs, is it on advanced?

Upvote 0
I don't know if thats high enough to cause problem with some players but will have to test and see. Did you see the output screen on obs, is it on advanced?

She only showed the CB Page screen and it had her resolution of 1920x1080 and the bitrate over 10,000
Is there anything specific in Advanced I should ask her to check/change to test?

Upvote 0
She only showed the CB Page screen and it had her resolution of 1920x1080 and the bitrate over 10,000
Is there anything specific in Advanced I should ask her to check/change to test?
Only if she has advanced already selected (in settings > output). I admit I do not know all the available options presented for every encoder nor the impact but you are just looking for anything unusual. Something that could explain why a person is saying they only have problems with her specific stream.

Upvote 0
Only if she has advanced already selected (in settings > output). I admit I do not know all the available options presented for every encoder nor the impact but you are just looking for anything unusual. Something that could explain why a person is saying they only have problems with her specific stream.

I am assuming she is just using "simple" mode, and not advanced. Since that will be what CB suggested. However, I also assumed she would have used the min/similar bitrate settings, so I don't know.. lol
so after she finishes broadcasting I will get her to send me as many photos/screenshots as possible for OBS

Upvote 0

I did actually ask her but so far she has not sent one, she will do but just not sure when lol.

I did send her this message from my first post here, and I changed the point of view from "me" talking to her (first person) talking, and she said she has sent an email earlier for it to Support.

( Her name is: xxmodel69 )

Tyvm! I passed this over to the QA team and I have confirmed they are reviewing the email that was sent regarding this matter as well.

Upvote 0
Tyvm! I passed this over to the QA team and I have confirmed they are reviewing the email that was sent regarding this matter as well.

Thanks
They have responded to her but basically they have asked for OBS Screenshots, and to get the people experiencing the issue to report the problem - of course with details. Sadly, the unlikelihood of these guys taking the time to report it, is very very low, so I am hoping something can be done without them. Hopefully, it's just OBS settings.

Upvote 0
Well, 2 people have been in and 2 that have said they had the problem previously. Both still experience the same issue.
One, the one posted above is using iPhone 6s, and the other is using iPad but he doesn't know what version.

I have asked if they could send feedback to try get help for it, but I don't think they will because they didn't respond at all.

Upvote 0
@cbhours so here are her screenshots of the 3 that CB asked for, to me nothing looks out of the ordinary at all, so should not affect anything and definitely not specifically IOS:
(They also asked for her Stream screen on OBS, but that is not needed since it's just saying "CB main server" and then says it's chaturbate + has her key

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 19.02.36 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-08-12 at 19.02.36.jpeg

Upvote 0
@cbhours so here are her screenshots of the 3 that CB asked for, to me nothing looks out of the ordinary at all, so should not affect anything and definitely not specifically IOS:
(They also asked for her Stream screen on OBS, but that is not needed since it's just saying "CB main server" and then says it's chaturbate + has her key

View attachment 85206 View attachment 85207
looks fairly normal, uncheck rescale output....not sure if that even does anything since you're already doing 1080p. perhaps it was the higher bitrate, let me know if that 5k bitrate resolves it.

Upvote 0
looks fairly normal, uncheck rescale output....not sure if that even does anything since you're already doing 1080p. perhaps it was the higher bitrate, let me know if that 5k bitrate resolves it.

Sadly 5k didn't, it was the exact same issue for 2 people. She has sent screenshots (including one of her audio - they asked for it) to them. I think she is waiting a reply now.
I am very curious what it could be or if it can get fixed.

Upvote 0

View attachment 85206 View attachment 85207
Lower to 720p and 2500 bitrate.

This is what I run on MFC and have had little to no problems with:
This model has had a few people come in over the past days saying the video will NOT load.

Upvote 0
Sweet spot settings for me:

Using my iPad Mini as a webcam along with ivCam app = 720p @5000 (more stable than 3000)

Using Logitech C922 =1080p @8000 (webcam is way more stable)

In OBS... CBR, Keyframe Interval & Max B-Frames set to 2, Quality Preset, High Profile, Look Ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning Disabled.

I use Firefox Quantum.

A lot of it depends on your internet connection and CPU, and proabbly your distance from the nearest CB server.

Upvote 0
SO, CB did a few back and forth emails, one also asked for her Audio Output settings.
She had her "channel" set to 4.1 or whatever it is, instead of Stereo.
I never in a million would have thought that and honestly, not sure why that would make it so it doesn't load for iPhone and iPad...

One of the 2 guys from above has it now working, the second guy, who was helping originally has yet to be in her room to also confirm (the guy it works for is on iPad, this second guy who has yet to come and see is iPhone).

Thanks everyone and fingers crossed

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
SO, CB did a few back and forth emails, one also asked for her Audio Output settings.
She had her "channel" set to 4.1 or whatever it is, instead of Stereo.
I never in a million would have thought that and honestly, not sure why that would make it so it doesn't load for iPhone and iPad...

One of the 2 guys from above has it now working, the second guy, who was helping originally has yet to be in her room to also confirm (the guy it works for is on iPad, this second guy who has yet to come and see is iPhone).

Thanks everyone and fingers crossed
Never seen anyone change that setting, interesting impact, keep us posted.

Upvote 0
Never seen anyone change that setting, interesting impact, keep us posted.

Me neither. And all of her other settings were the recommended, even the keyframe interval was at 2 and not 0, and even she doesn't remember touching audio. I think, if anything, she was maybe looking at stuff, accidentally clicked on it and changed it... but I have no idea. She's on now so, fingers crossed that other guy comes in for her

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.