AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Considering camming please advise me!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2016
Hi girls!

Been toying with the idea of doing Web camming for a while now would love to speak to some of you about it??

I have a few questions

There are so many cam sites which are the best?

What sort of money can you expect to make if your any good at it?

Can you rely on visitors any time of the day or are evenings/weekends best?

Is there any tips or info I should be aware of before starting?

Any advice would be massively appreciated

X

The most popular sites I would say are myfreecams,streamate and chaturbate. They all have their pros and cons. What is "the best" will vary greatly model to model since everyone's needs are different. theyre all great sites i recommend watching a few girls on each one.

When it comes to money-the sky is the limit. It's not unheard of to make a few thousand in a month, week or even a day. But realistically not all camgirls will ever get to that point I think the average I've heard bounced around is $20 per hour (no idea if that's accurate anymore) Again, a "good" day on cam varies from girl to girl -- some are thrilled to make $100 in a shift, while a another model would be pissed. i can't really give you a magic number since so many girls earn a different amount-some barely make enough for rent and make below minimum wage, some make above and beyond well into six figures and up.

As for time, it's all about experimenting and finding a time slot that works for you. For me personally, I do x3 better in evening/night time. No idea why. Maybe I'm uglier in natural light lmao. On the flip side, many girls prefer the day shift and I usually see the most girls logged on at noonish. Weekends can be slower I personally don't notice a huge shift. Tuesday is notorious for being a slow day.

Quick tips: --use the search bar on the forum here--there is so much info! Once you get signed up on a camsite get model status on here and there's a treasure trove of camming info not available to the public. A huge part of camming is self research

-- make a new email for everything and lock down all public social media you already have with your real name if you have any

-- know that you will be recorded and naked on the internet forever

The amazing CamgirlWiki (also created by @AmberCutie !!) would be a great resource for you about which sites to use and some basic info. If you're really serious about camming, I would spend some time reading all of the pages here: https://www.camgirlwiki.com/

And a forum thread with links that might be helpful:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/advice-for-new-models.14554/

My number one piece of advice is read a lot, and spend time watching cams (including tipping!). There is tons of info at your fingertips on this forum and you can search for topics too (in the top right of the page) so spend time browsing the threads and searching for specifics you are looking for. Nobody minds answering specific questions but if you have broad ones like "what site is best" or "any info to be aware of", it's easier/better to delve in and read older topics as they've been covered lots of times!

My advice::

If you are asking general questions like this you haven't done your own research. Learning how to research sex work things is KEY to SURVIVE safely in this job. Look into sex work safety. Look into stories of people being doxxed and being discovered. Look into scams. Look into how this will affect your future. Look into taxes in your country. Make a plan how you will save for those taxes. Make a plan for your future. Make a plan for failure. Make a plan for getting found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.