AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Considering joining streamate, but have no toys?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2023
I'm thinking of joining Streamate- couple of questions. I currently don't have any toys, how much will that hold me back? I don't want to waste new model status and currently don't have a vanilla job due to reasons. I'm also bbw with severe skin issues that cover my whole body. How much will this hold me back? I don't want to waste new model status when I'm ill-equipped. How long does new model status last, anyway? How much can I charge starting out? I read a while ago that SM allows models to offer phone, is that still true? Is it as rare as they say? Can a model or prospective model create a user account and if so will that mess with you creating a model account? Is it weird if a model wants to watch other models cam sometimes (bisexual)? How do do with with ettiquette and manners? As a model, what can I realistically expect to make in my first week? I also joined once years back and never really committed to it, will I still have new model status?

Your new model status is 30 days from your first stream.

Yes an interactive toy will increase your revenue but it's not essential. I didn't have one when I started and did ok, when I got one my income increased by 30% though.

Your skin issues, honestly, every customer is different and it's impossible to say whether it will bother them.

I believe as a new model the maximum amount you can charge is 4,99 you can ask support to increase this but they do it based on a mixture of things like ratings and time spend with the site so higher rates might not be available to you right away.

Phone is not offered any more.

I haven't tried having a member account but I know other models do, they should be able to chip in about whether it can be done with the same information as your model account.

Who you watch in your personal time is up to you. You don't have to reveal you're a model and as for manners, behave how you would expect potential customers to behave with you.

Earnings potential is impossible to guage. Some only make $10 and some $10k, although unlikely 10k in a first week on a site like streamate.

Are you accessing the same model account as years ago or was it deactivated and you're starting with a fresh account?

Good luck and hope you earn well!

Upvote 0
are you saying you dont have any toys at all or just not interactive toys? i dont have interactive toys and i dont plan on getting them. my main dildo was only 30 dollars from amazon. i use toys in private/exclusive and i dont think i could get away without it but it all depends on what category of show you're providing. if you're more of a femdom/domme account maybe you wouldn't? not sure, you'd have to look around.

no more phone because camtocam has audio now (which i dont use)

its also hard to gauge earning potential even based on your appearance. so much of it is personality, attitude, confidence, how you run your room etc. right now there is a traffic slump as well, so new girl status will help you for sure getting started. your old account may be deactivated by now, which would be good for you.

i have a member account and it's never been an issue. i used it a lot in the beginning to learn how to run my room. i would spend a lot of time learning what models did that i liked/disliked. what about their room makes me want to go in there. how do they treat their guests, what do they offer in privates/exclusive, what do they charge, etc. i operate my member account how i would want a member to operate and be respectful of models time/energy.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Your new model status is 30 days from your first stream.

Yes an interactive toy will increase your revenue but it's not essential. I didn't have one when I started and did ok, when I got one my income increased by 30% though.

Your skin issues, honestly, every customer is different and it's impossible to say whether it will bother them.

I believe as a new model the maximum amount you can charge is 4,99 you can ask support to increase this but they do it based on a mixture of things like ratings and time spend with the site so higher rates might not be available to you right away.

Phone is not offered any more.

I haven't tried having a member account but I know other models do, they should be able to chip in about whether it can be done with the same information as your model account.

Who you watch in your personal time is up to you. You don't have to reveal you're a model and as for manners, behave how you would expect potential customers to behave with you.

Earnings potential is impossible to guage. Some only make $10 and some $10k, although unlikely 10k in a first week on a site like streamate.

Are you accessing the same model account as years ago or was it deactivated and you're starting with a fresh account?

Good luck and hope you earn well!
It's not just an interactive toy I don't have, but just a toy period.

When you say as a new model the maximum you can charge is 4.99, do you mean per minute or per show period or something else?

It sucks to see that phone isn't offered any more, would it be against the rules to let people know about my Niteflirt from streamate? Or can I do it off-platform, like twitter? I'm assuming it may be GRAVELY against SM's rules to direct customers to Niteflirt, but could they ban me if they found out I'm letting Streamate people know on twitter about my Niteflirt?

Is there an average a model who's not super conventionally attractive can expect to make in a certain period of time? I know I have my looks going against me, but I am an incredibly sexual person and would genuinely enjoy the job

I doubt my old model account is still active, I can't remember if I deleted it or not, but if it is still up, I'd want to scrap and delete it, I have a new name picked out and it would be a complete rebrand.

Thank you!

are you saying you dont have any toys at all or just not interactive toys? i dont have interactive toys and i dont plan on getting them. my main dildo was only 30 dollars from amazon. i use toys in private/exclusive and i dont think i could get away without it but it all depends on what category of show you're providing. if you're more of a femdom/domme account maybe you wouldn't? not sure, you'd have to look around.

no more phone because camtocam has audio now (which i dont use)

its also hard to gauge earning potential even based on your appearance. so much of it is personality, attitude, confidence, how you run your room etc. right now there is a traffic slump as well, so new girl status will help you for sure getting started. your old account may be deactivated by now, which would be good for you.

i have a member account and it's never been an issue. i used it a lot in the beginning to learn how to run my room. i would spend a lot of time learning what models did that i liked/disliked. what about their room makes me want to go in there. how do they treat their guests, what do they offer in privates/exclusive, what do they charge, etc. i operate my member account how i would want a
member to operate and be respectful of models time/energy.

No toys at all. Would I get away with just getting one "type" of toy (so, just a dildo or just an internal vibe or just a small clit toy), or would I want at least 2 of the 3, or all 3? I'm on a budget but I do understand it takes money to make money sometimes. If I can get away with only one or two toys max being somewhat realistic, I'll probably have to start with that, though I'd love to invest a lot up front if I could, I know it's not even close to possible right now.

Do a lot of models offer cam2cam? If I offer cam2cam would it really give me an edge? I know cam2cam is something I would thoroughly enjoy, and I'm hoping maybe that means I'll be opening myself up to better placement, better traffic, more spenders, more returning customers or whales.

Oh yes I recently heard about the traffic slump, so since I've recently been thinking about getting on as well, I've been kinda bummed and hoping it can work for me any more?!? Like I'm worried it will take years to even be making a living or semi-confortable income with it. Ideally I'd like to be able to make my vanilla jobs optional, with the amount of income I can garner from this

Oh okay good, whew! I was afraid it may be disrespectful to go into other models rooms to see how they run their shows, what I like and don't like about how they interact with customers, everything you've mentioned. The added plus is that I DO like women and am in the mood for that sometimes myself and I don't mind tipping a gorgeous lady if I have the means to :p but I wasn't sure if one or both of these things would be really uncomfortable for a model. I obviously wouldn't want to bring too much if any attention to the fact that I'm also a model, though if casually mentioning it would make a model feel more comfortable and relaxed around me, then yeah I'd like to do that because I did read a while back that it can really take a lot of the emotional pressure off of a model if she also understands what it's like, like it's one less creep she has to deal with. Not sure if that's still true or not, so I'd probably want to keep up with the times so that I am not invasive.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of guys like there to be a toy, but as @Danicatillie says, it depends which category you're in.

The price is per minute

It's against SM rules to mention any other site, so you can't tell them your twitter, you can't share any links with them or anything that could lead to offsite contact.

There was a huge survey 3/4 years ago that asked models anonymously and i think it came out to bout $20 an hour on average. If you google it at the moment a lot of sources are saying $50 an hour as the average. You really just have to start and see. Attractiveness isn't the whole package either, you can look amazing and have a sucky attitude that'll put guys off.

Reactions: Danicatillie
Upvote 0
No toys at all. Would I get away with just getting one "type" of toy (so, just a dildo or just an internal vibe or just a small clit toy), or would I want at least 2 of the 3, or all 3? I'm on a budget but I do understand it takes money to make money sometimes. If I can get away with only one or two toys max being somewhat realistic, I'll probably have to start with that, though I'd love to invest a lot up front if I could, I know it's not even close to possible right now.

Do a lot of models offer cam2cam? If I offer cam2cam would it really give me an edge? I know cam2cam is something I would thoroughly enjoy, and I'm hoping maybe that means I'll be opening myself up to better placement, better traffic, more spenders, more returning customers or whales.
The type of toy depends on what you want to offer really.
Do you want to offer masturbation with just clit stimulation, do you want to offer penetration etc.
That's up to you.
Or do you want to do femdom and offer things like strap-on, too.

I would recommend a glas dildo for penetration, since they are a lot less taxing on the body, if you do back to back penetration shows.
A lot of guys like realistic dildos though, but that's up to you and what you are comfortable with, especially size wise and how hard/ floppy you want the toy to be.

In terms of c2c, for me most clients love c2c and a lot of them also like to have their mic on, so i would definitely offer it. You can also chose to only offer their mic on in exclusive which i do.
I allow them to turn their cam on in premium shows but i don't pay too much attention to it, if there's other customers in the same show.

I started out offering masturbation and had a bunch of toys and also offered stuff like deepthroat and anal, but these days i don't use any toys and i don't do below the waist nudity anymore and i do better than when i started. But i know my fetishes and found my niche, so it's really all up to you and your specific niche and set of "skills" in terms of being good at fetishes etc.

And to your worry, about making a living as a semi- attractive person, honestly it all depends on finding your niche. You can always add to your income by doing content on clipsites like iwc, c4s, mv and also upload the same content on streamate.

Just have a good attitude, know your stuff, be consistent and have a bit of luck.

Upvote 0
And to your worry, about making a living as a semi- attractive person, honestly it all depends on finding your niche. You can always add to your income by doing content on clipsites like iwc, c4s, mv and also upload the same content on streamate.
Sorry about my wording here, I wasn't properly awake and meant as a non conventionally attractive person omg!

Upvote 0
I think a lot of guys like there to be a toy, but as @Danicatillie says, it depends which category you're in.

The price is per minute

It's against SM rules to mention any other site, so you can't tell them your twitter, you can't share any links with them or anything that could lead to offsite contact.

There was a huge survey 3/4 years ago that asked models anonymously and i think it came out to bout $20 an hour on average. If you google it at the moment a lot of sources are saying $50 an hour as the average. You really just have to start and see. Attractiveness isn't the whole package either, you can look amazing and have a sucky attitude that'll put guys off.
What categories are easier to get away with without a toy? I probably won't do any fetish categories, will that set me back?

I know you're not allowed to mention your twitter ON sm, but I'm wondering if SM will actually strike or ban you for just advertising both your streamate and other platforms on your twitter, and for talking to people who are your streamate customers on twitter

Was that customer specifically regarding starting out, or for the average model in general?

The type of toy depends on what you want to offer really.
Do you want to offer masturbation with just clit stimulation, do you want to offer penetration etc.
That's up to you.
Or do you want to do femdom and offer things like strap-on, too.

I would recommend a glas dildo for penetration, since they are a lot less taxing on the body, if you do back to back penetration shows.
A lot of guys like realistic dildos though, but that's up to you and what you are comfortable with, especially size wise and how hard/ floppy you want the toy to be.

In terms of c2c, for me most clients love c2c and a lot of them also like to have their mic on, so i would definitely offer it. You can also chose to only offer their mic on in exclusive which i do.
I allow them to turn their cam on in premium shows but i don't pay too much attention to it, if there's other customers in the same show.

I started out offering masturbation and had a bunch of toys and also offered stuff like deepthroat and anal, but these days i don't use any toys and i don't do below the waist nudity anymore and i do better than when i started. But i know my fetishes and found my niche, so it's really all up to you and your specific niche and set of "skills" in terms of being good at fetishes etc.

Just have a good attitude, know your stuff, be consistent and have a bit of luck.
I'm curious if it's possible to mostly do vanilla stuff and then dabble in findomme (just fin, not femme) once in a while, like what if I have a certain day of the week I do findomme and the rest of my shows are vanilla? I can see something like findomme Mondays, like, 'work hard and come bring me your check' lol.. I'm so not into the whole calling guys a "piggy" thing, though. Is that going to drastically impact how well I do on findomme days?

It's interesting you say glass dildos are less taxing on the body! This seriously interests me because I'm super into sexual health. Is there a reason why glass dildos are less taxing on the body? Is that even true compared to toys made of soft materials such as silicone? Is there a certain glass toy that would be *even better* for being less taxing on the body, like it's crafted a certain way that it's even one of the better ones among other glass dildos?

Oof, yeah, I would only want to offer c2c period in exclusive. Offering it in premium even with mic turned off would be so distracting. Would offering c2c only in exclusive be harder for someone to gain traction?
I would possibly like to EXPERIMENT with allowing c2c in premium, but would like to go at my own slow pace, would I be able to pull off offering c2c in premium also once a week, say like I choose Fridays for it, or would that deter good customers due to them having to pay extra for exclusive for it, all for them to find out they could have gotten it for cheaper, say, 2 days later? Like would it leave them feeling scammed and bitter to the point of not wanting to return, or if they do, it's resentfully?

Side note, does SM still offer block? I could see myself only wanting to offer anal in block, which is something I've heard that some models do. Is that still a thing?

I know when I get an interactive toy, I'm really not a fan of a lot of the popular ones, and I was thinking I'd love to do Lovense Gemini (their vibrating nipple toy) in free or premium chat, and then nora for exclusives

I was also thinking maybe I can offer Gemini in free chat, and then in premium I can offer gemini, ambi, non-penetrative hyphy, ferri, or domi 2, and then in exclusive all of the former plus nora, osci 2, and penetrative hyphy, then obviously hush 2 in block, or offering hush 2 in exclusive with a minimum amount of minutes before using it or with a certain number of gold given up front.

I'd have to familiarize myself with Streamate's rules, but I can see the ferri being good for voyeur/exhibitionist shows, like if I offer a show where I go walking around outside or in public with it on, but I know I'd have to be careful not to show others' faces or any doxxful information such as street signs or the name of any local places.

Sorry about my wording here, I wasn't properly awake and meant as a non conventionally attractive person omg!
Don't worry, no offense taken ahaha! I am body-neutral and try to be realistic, so I'd only really have a problem if someone intentionally said something to hurt me :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.