AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Constant disconnect/reconnect

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2018
West Coast USA
Twitter Username
@racer_chick89
Tumblr Username
racer-chick89
Chaturbate Username
racer_chick
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001800320/racer_chick/
Is anyone else having this problem lately? I'll get a room full of tipping customers deciding who's going to get the first prize show, and the chat starts to drop in and out. Browser shows the bitrate and frame rate drop to 0, but OBS still shows a solid green status indicator. After a couple of refreshes it goes away and then comes back and does it again 15 to 20 minutes later.

Guys are getting mad and leaving, and that's really bad for business.

Thanks

Is there a chance that it might be something on your computer that's filling memory or cpu cache? Are you running updated flash? Or, tried a different browser?

Upvote 0
Computer is super fast, lots of memory, and I'm lucky enough to have an "engineer" lol who runs my sound, video, and other stuff behind the scenes. He's thinking it could be something on the CB servers that are doing it, and wanted me to ask if anyone else had been dealing with anything similar. I've got 115mbps down and 11-15mbps up, checked on the Chaturbate speedtest.

Upvote 0
If you mean with the chat disconnecting.. thats been going on for a while. CB keep saying they're working on it lol

Its happening over all the browsers.

But if you're talking about your webcam stream, you could try switching to another server as they're all listed in the support section ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, the chat connecting/disconnecting thing, but at the same time it happens for me, the browser window next to the chat shows my bitrate and framerate drop to 0 but OBS is still in the green, at 10000+ bitrate and 30 framerate.

Yep thats unfortunately normal. The OBS program will be showing you the true connection to CB's streaming servers, but its the browser software that is the issue. Theres not much you can do about it, as the browser is taking its feed through Flash software & will have drop outs from the CB server.

If your OBS is showing green all the time, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. If any user has an issue with watching you just ask them to refresh. Its one of the big issues we're waiting on CB techs to fix. I've lost count how many times I've refreshed a room, as I normally have two browsers open just for one room lol.

The only other recommendation I would say is stream from a computer that has an ethernet cable instead of wifi ;)

Upvote 0
Okay, will do. Thank you.

And I stream from a machine that has something called Doubleshot Pro...Gigabit ethernet connection, on top of a 5ghz AC Wi-Fi connection...Then witchcraft works out that OBS and the browser need all the bandwidth, and throttles everything else down through the slower of the two.

Thanks again.

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.