AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Conversation/noise going on offcam. How bad is it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliestar32d

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 29, 2013
Midwest
www.profiles.myfreecams.com
I've been camming for a while. I've always lived with the same guy. We live in a loft-style condo. So it's pretty much all 1 room. And we are both at home 90% of the time. So when I'm camming, he's usually right over the rail.

During my camshows there is almost always the tv in the background. I hate it, but there's not much I can do about it. When you're watching cams, does that bother you? How much? Will it cause you to leave my room?

What about background noise making it obvious that there is a man in the room? Along with the TV, my boyfriend will sit there taking bong rips, coughing his fucking lungs up. I often get comments like, "Is somebody dying?", "Who's there with you?", "Who's coughing in the background?", etc. Again, it's not something I can change, but I am curious if it affects my show.

And every once in a while he'll say something. We have short little discussions about whats for dinner, what I need from the store, etc. Sometimes he'll make a comment about me as he walks passed. Opinions? Comments?

Please and thankyou.

nataliestar32d said:
I've been camming for a while. I've always lived with the same guy. We live in a loft-style condo. So it's pretty much all 1 room. And we are both at home 90% of the time. So when I'm camming, he's usually right over the rail.

During my camshows there is almost always the tv in the background. I hate it, but there's not much I can do about it. When you're watching cams, does that bother you? How much? Will it cause you to leave my room?

What about background noise making it obvious that there is a man in the room? Along with the TV, my boyfriend will sit there taking bong rips, coughing his fucking lungs up. I often get comments like, "Is somebody dying?", "Who's there with you?", "Who's coughing in the background?", etc. Again, it's not something I can change, but I am curious if it affects my show.

And every once in a while he'll say something. We have short little discussions about whats for dinner, what I need from the store, etc. Sometimes he'll make a comment about me as he walks passed. Opinions? Comments?

Please and thankyou.

As long as the background noise isn't overbearing, it's not usually an issue. You might wanna be careful about your boyfriend's voice being heard on cam though. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure that MFC's "no man on cam" rule extends to male's being heard on cam, as well as being seen.

I think it does harm your camming. You want your room to focus on you and not what's around. Maybe try using a room divider and ask your bf to keep it down when you're working. Maybe you can try camming from the washroom too sometimes and maybe your bf can find smth to do outside of the house when you're working.

I would agree that as long as TV/whatever wasn't overbearing that would be fine. I think however, previous poster was right about the mans voice. Personally I would also find excessive coughing pretty distracting. It'd be considerate of boyfriend to find somewhere else to do that or wait until to are not working, because really lets not forget that you are indeed -working- :)

From a clients perspective, having a T.V. playing in the background isn't really an issue as long as it is subtle. It's background noise much like music is and often helps with the dreaded silence that sometimes happens in some models rooms. The issue can be if it is too loud, than it becomes a distraction and simply annoying.

I never dated a cam model but was with a woman who got naked and danced for money for nearly 2 years and in that time I did on many occasions attend her place of work for various reasons (guys night out or just to hangout). In my eyes, when she was at work, she was there to work. We knew that every person in the bar was a potential costumer so we kept it professional and low key as much as possible.

The main focus should be on your room and the members in your room. If conversation between you and your boyfriend is required, you could always just set the cam to away and chat or even just mute your mic. The other option like Miss Kickaz mentioned is the washroom or have the boyfriend go for a walk or coffee while your working.

The coughing/hacking would not be something I would be interested in hearing.

I prefer not knowing there is a guy just sitting in your room nor do I want to hear conversations between the two of you unless they are very quick. I like to see the model focus on her room. I think the coughing/hacking has been covered enough as no one wants to hear that. The TV wouldn't bother me too much if it's not really loud and you aren't watching it instead of paying attention to the room. :lol:

I've never been in your room before. And, in all honesty, you would have the most part on if I left or not. I have been in a models room where her boyfriend sat on the couch off cam and she talked and even yelled at him a time or two, but because she is very funny and has a great personality, it became a funny part of her chat. So, a lot would depend on how you handled it really. However, I would never take a model private if I knew someone else was sitting in the room watching and listening.

ILikeUonTop said:
I prefer not knowing there is a guy just sitting in your room nor do I want to hear conversations between the two of you unless they are very quick. I like to see the model focus on her room. I think the coughing/hacking has been covered enough as no one wants to hear that. The TV wouldn't bother me too much if it's not really loud and you aren't watching it instead of paying attention to the room. :lol:

I've never been in your room before. And, in all honesty, you would have the most part on if I left or not. I have been in a models room where her boyfriend sat on the couch off cam and she talked and even yelled at him a time or two, but because she is very funny and has a great personality, it became a funny part of her chat. So, a lot would depend on how you handled it really. However, I would never take a model private if I knew someone else was sitting in the room watching and listening.

So from a veiwers perspective TV is equivalent to music as far ad background noise goes? Cuz I'm never watching it, and its never too loud. For some reason I thought that TV sounds would be a bad thing.

And the conversation between us is breif. I usually joke how I'm talking to my imaginary friend. And that I'm surprised people can hear him. :p goofy, I know. Lol.

So if only I could silent the coughing.

nataliestar32d said:
ILikeUonTop said:

So from a veiwers perspective TV is equivalent to music as far ad background noise goes? Cuz I'm never watching it, and its never too loud. For some reason I thought that TV sounds would be a bad thing.

And the conversation between us is breif. I usually joke how I'm talking to my imaginary friend. And that I'm surprised people can hear him. :p goofy, I know. Lol.

So if only I could silent the coughing.

For me, I would say that handling him in a funny or joking manner is best but try your best to limit interaction with him to as little as possible while on cam. And the TV noise isn't a big deal. A lot of times, people may recognize what is on and that can keep a conversation going which a lot of models really have trouble with at times. Liking the show or hating the show or whatever.

I know it may be difficult, but I agree with Kickaz the most when she says

You want your room to focus on you and not what's around. Maybe try using a room divider and ask your bf to keep it down when you're working. Maybe you can try camming from the washroom too sometimes and maybe your bf can find smth to do outside of the house when you're working.

Try to get on cam when he isn't around or get him to be elsewhere. If he won't do it all the time, maybe get him to give you 2 or 3 times a week where he is gone when you are on cam as a start.

Reactions: nataliestar32d
I think everyone else covered it pretty well. I find T.V sounds annoying but I am more of a music person and usually gravitate towards models who dance... so it would seem out of place to me. but that is purely preference.

The boyfriends voice and DEF the coughing are big giant nails in your MFC coffin as far as I'm concerned though. Not only is it highly distracting and kind of off putting but you are honestly running the risk of being fined or banned.
MFC takes there "no men" rule pretty seriously as it's intended to maintain a business model that has made them the successful powerhouse that they are. (all ladies, only ladies) As they specify in the rules men should not even be in the same room, even off cam (view) and this one they actually will act on.
I don't actually know of any outright bans for a mans voice, but I know of quite a few fines and suspensions for just talking to a man. I'm 100% certain it negatively impacts your earnings in SOME way from members but the danger from the Admins is one you should take very seriously as well.
Just a warning. I would hate for any model to be surprised by a ban or fine for something like this.

I agree with Jolene! Personally I don't like the TV noises but the coughing and talking are really off-putting to me when I see them in other people's rooms. I'm not sure how long you are on cam for, but could you talk to him about doing something quieter (reading, internetting, etc) and not smoking while you're on cam? If he wants you to be successful and make money, that'd help you out a lot.

When I used to have roommates that would make a lot of noise, I bought them comic books to keep them quiet :lol:

GenXoxo said:
I agree with Jolene! Personally I don't like the TV noises but the coughing and talking are really off-putting to me when I see them in other people's rooms. I'm not sure how long you are on cam for, but could you talk to him about doing something quieter (reading, internetting, etc) and not smoking while you're on cam? If he wants you to be successful and make money, that'd help you out a lot.

When I used to have roommates that would make a lot of noise, I bought them comic books to keep them quiet :lol:
If I come over and make a bunch of noise will you buy me cookies to keep me quiet? :think:

JoleneBrody said:
GenXoxo said:

If I come over and make a bunch of noise will you buy me cookies to keep me quiet? :think:

Yep! Unless I can think of something more fun... :whistle:

As people have been saying, television as background noise isn't really a problem. Personally, I prefer to watch the girls that just have music playing though. I don't like hearing advertisements when I'm watching girls... it can be distracting.

As for having your boyf around while you cam, that's a big no-no in my books. MFC does take their "no men" rule super seriously and you can be fined for having him around - even just talking off cam. I always make sure my dummy boyf is silent when I'm camming and he's around. He'll usually take a laptop and join in the chat room as a guest or on his premium account but no one knows he's in there but me. That way I can PM him and talk to him without disrupting my room! I think some guys find it annoying and/or threatening to know another dude is around.

it would bother me to be honest. I dislike hearing tv noises, I much prefer music playing in a room. The conversations/coughing would definitely turn me off too, I like when a girl is really engaged in her room and I've watched girls have conversations with men off cam and it was really off putting for me (although I can't quite figure out why, maybe because I know that its against the rules and really enforced).
When I first started camming, I cammed at my dad's house where I lived at the time and if my boyfriend slept over, he would be in the same room but he would always be super super quiet or he'd go to bed earlier than me (I'm a night cammer). I also never talked about him being there because I feel like some guys knowing that a dude is like, right THERE is kind of off-putting, luckily now I cam upstairs while my boyfriend takes over the living room if hes home.

Reactions: nataliestar32d
I think the fact that you are asking the question means that you are already aware of how distracting these disturbances are for you and for you members.

Reactions: Kickaz
As a premium Id find it really annoying and distracting.

You should play your own music and get him some nice noise cancelling wireless headphones so he can watch TV and play video games without disturbing you. Or send him to the library or something hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.