AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cosplay ideas

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2012
Oztralia
Hey guys! I hope there isn't a thread on this already, i had a quick look but I couldn't find anything specific on cosplay ideas. Anyway just a question for you ladies who cosplay! (also I have put it in this section so members can also give their 2 cents :) ) I have decided to give cosplay a go to try and make things a little more interesting on cam, so it doesn't feel so routine all the time. Firstly is there a good place to purchase outfits, wigs etc for cosplay (like a cosplay super store! haha) that I should know about? My first thoughts were to look at ebay, there was definitely no source of inspiration to be found there! How much would you spend on an outfit? I think i will be working within a tight budget. Where do you get your inspiration from? Also what have been your favourite cosplay moments?!

PS. If there is a thread like this, please direct to it :)

I am going to be starting this as well in the coming months..... I would suggest either use a costume store....there are like a million online LOL (make sure to comparison shop though) - a local rental shop if you just want to do pictures/videos/one or two shows/privates, or piece it together from thrift shops, goodwill, and other second hand locations. Do keep in mind to research what the costume looks like exactly. I noticed guys can be VERY picky if you get the costume wrong. Such as Harley Quinn from the Batman series. Right now there are NUMEROUS variations on the costume. Make sure you pick one costume she wears, and get it as close to that as possible. ALSO make sure you know which incarnation of Harley Quinn that is..... cause you will be asked. They will want to know which comic/TPB/cartoon it comes from.... and most of them will know already and are just seeing if you know or if you are the dreaded 'FAKE' Geek Girl. I am not sure what kind of cosplay you plan on getting into, but I hope you have a great time!!! I think it is fun to be someone else for a while.

HI! I love cosplay! Unfortunately I'm too broke to call myself a cosplayer but hopefully one day I can fix that 'cause I have a bunch of ideas! My group of friends are all collaborating to be characters from the Fifth Element this year for Halloween, and I have a Princess Mononoke (San) cosplay that I want to put together as well.

I am fairly certain that miss Kaylee Pond does a lot of cosplay with her camshows! Maybe she can shed some insight?

As for me, I'm mostly an observational hobbyist. I know what looks good, but have no idea how to make it good myself. But I can find some great resources for future cosplayers!

Instructables.com has TONS of stuff. This is just what comes up when you search 'cosplay'

Or course, that's a very generic term, but once you start to get more into cosplay and the terminology, you'll know what specifics to look for.

Then there's also the treasure trove that is DeviantArt. I could spend hours reading everything here.

Also, there's a huge cosplay community on Tumblr! Just search the tags for cosplay (+) (whatever your specified fandom is)

I will sometimes reblog really choice cosplays, so if you follow me on Tumblr you'll probably catch a few good ones.

Question for anyone else reading this forum: What are some cosplays you have done? What are some you want to do? Are you crafty, and do you sew your own outfits, or do you mix and match from stuff found online? Is there a favorite part about the cosplay you like to do?

Guys: What are some of your favorite cosplays or outfits you like to see models in? What's one you've never seen before but would like to/have hoped for? There's a fair amount of really awesome nerdy chicks, and I think it's wonderful that we can all dress up as our favorite sexy elfin goddess or anime character for not just our own enjoyment, but members as well ;)

Reactions: Ladybee_
im way too big and hairy to do cosplay. (seriously, me as dr who or captain america? laughable) but i always wanted to dress up as thor for the local comicon. never had the moeny to do it right or the physique lol.

but as for ladies... can we say wonder woman? oh and wonder woman. did i mention wonder woman?

SouthSamurai,

You would make an awesome Ox King from DragonBall (or DragonBall Z)

:p

Reactions: southsamurai
Cosplay is a lot of fun! I used to be more into it, before my cats destroyed several of my costumes, but as far as who to cosplay, I think it's important to chose characters that you know and love! Because people WILL expect you to know the character/universe the character is from, and it also just makes it more fun! Pick someone awesome looking that you've always wanted to be! It can be from literally ANYTHING!

Also, while you don't have to be completely in-character, I've found that guys love a bit of roleplaying with cosplay. When I dress up, often I like to incorporate the costume into the show and vice versa. I have a few lines that I love for different characters. Harley Quinn: "Mistah J, you're about to give this clown a serious fit of the giggles!" Leeloo: "Multi-cum?" Starfleet officer: "I'm ready to accept my punishment, Captain." etc. It doesn't have to be much, but I find it adds a lot to the dynamic.

As far as making your own costumes, it's a really fun hobby! Just remember that with anything practice makes perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've worked on a few costumes and how many versions there were before I came up with one that I liked/wore. Of course you can get around this by buying them, but a lot of cheapish costumes on amazon are pretty lackluster. I can easily tell the difference between a homemade Slave Leia costume, a Rubie's Slave Leia costume, and a Jamin Fite original. If it's something you know you'll be wearing a lot and want to make it look as authentic as possible, consider shopping around online for something a bit pricier than the Halloween costumes on amazon. For a LOT of costumes, there are people online who specialize in making it and have been spending years perfecting their craft as well as figuring out how to keep costs down (even though it's still going to run you far more than the Halloween mass-produced ones). You'll also be able to support someone doing what they love, which is exactly what you're trying to do! :dance:

Oh wow, thanks so much everyone. Some great starting points here! I will have a look around at those places NovaNirvana, thank you :) and I agree with you about the cheaper quality outfits being lackluster, VeronicaChaos, for sure! That's why i made this thread, I was searching in the wrong places, nothing inspiring at all!! This helps me a lot, thanks again :)

Yes, yes, yes!

Wonder Woman.

[snuggles up in fleece WW blanket]

I need a costume... xD

Me? I'm into super heroes (and villains)... A few I were thinking of were Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and a few others. :)

I'm going to just say that I've had my fill of the standards. Naked versions of popular superheroes and sci-fi/fantasy characters are practically a dime a dozen these days. There's got to be more to dressing up than the same old convention fodder...

I was watching Amadeus the other day, and you know what I would love to see? Giant powdered wigs and fancy bodices and poofy skirts. Imagine the striptease that would involve 30 layers of clothing!

Or what about Little House on the Prairie cosplay? I've always had a thing for Caroline Ingalls.

Or maybe some full-on SCA wench action. Or a lady knight. Or a pirate. Remember when that was all the rage? Still hot.

You know who would be great to see come to life, in full naked glory? Marge Simpson.

If you want to stay in safer areas of cosplay trends, like sci-fi or comics, then might I suggest you go with something a bit more to the side of the mainstream? Veronica Chaos as Leeloo? YES, PLEASE. Personally, I love anything that involves blue skin. Aliens, mutants, ghoul girls... Where is the Farscape cosplay? I want Chiana, or Zhaan, or Aeryn Sun, or all three of them, together, being very naughty! Or a gynoid/robot. Ever seen Brigitte Helm in Metropolis? Or a Soriyama painting? What's hotter than chromed curves? (HINT: nothing is.)

I wonder how much traffic a little low-level anthropomorphic action would net you. Why stop at just ears and a tail? Why not a little bit of fur and a cute prosthetic snout? Imagine the army of bronies you'd attract if you dressed up as a human Pinkie Pie... OP's name is "bee"...

ML-70212-3.jpg

...just sayin'.

But, seriously, for me, consider Caroline Ingalls in her best church dress and bonnet. :love10:

zippypinhead said:
I'm going to just say that I've had my fill of the standards. Naked versions of popular superheroes and sci-fi/fantasy characters are practically a dime a dozen these days. There's got to be more to dressing up than the same old convention fodder...

I was watching Amadeus the other day, and you know what I would love to see? Giant powdered wigs and fancy bodices and poofy skirts. Imagine the striptease that would involve 30 layers of clothing!

Or what about Little House on the Prairie cosplay? I've always had a thing for Caroline Ingalls.

Or maybe some full-on SCA wench action. Or a lady knight. Or a pirate. Remember when that was all the rage? Still hot.

You know who would be great to see come to life, in full naked glory? Marge Simpson.

If you want to stay in safer areas of cosplay trends, like sci-fi or comics, then might I suggest you go with something a bit more to the side of the mainstream? Veronica Chaos as Leeloo? YES, PLEASE. Personally, I love anything that involves blue skin. Aliens, mutants, ghoul girls... Where is the Farscape cosplay? I want Chiana, or Zhaan, or Aeryn Sun, or all three of them, together, being very naughty! Or a gynoid/robot. Ever seen Brigitte Helm in Metropolis? Or a Soriyama painting? What's hotter than chromed curves? (HINT: nothing is.)

I wonder how much traffic a little low-level anthropomorphic action would net you. Why stop at just ears and a tail? Why not a little bit of fur and a cute prosthetic snout? Imagine the army of bronies you'd attract if you dressed up as a human Pinkie Pie... OP's name is "bee"...

ML-70212-3.jpg

...just sayin'.

But, seriously, for me, consider Caroline Ingalls in her best church dress and bonnet. :love10:

Doing a ren fair costume would be a BLAST - I have always wanted to put together an outfit for the fair!!!!...... I didn't think there would be much desire in that - But now you have my wheels turning and I want to do that, mainly because a Renaissance costume would also come in handy around the fair time of year and I could do shows and clips - May I say YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Reactions: zippypinhead
KaterinaPryde said:
Doing a ren fair costume would be a BLAST - I have always wanted to put together an outfit for the fair!!!!...... I didn't think there would be much desire in that - But now you have my wheels turning and I want to do that, mainly because a Renaissance costume would also come in handy around the fair time of year and I could do shows and clips - May I say YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Happy to be of service. :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.