AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Covid - Panic attacks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel1

Cam Model
Sep 7, 2021
Chaturbate Username
Shy_mel
Hi, unfortunately I am positive with Covid. It's been day 3 since I got tested, although I've had symptoms for a week now. Today I feel really bad, I'm tired, powerless, dizzy and coughing a little. The problem is the panic attacks. How do I get over them? It's just me and my son and I feel a little overwhelmed and guilty that I can't take care of him properly. I hope to be well soon. 🥺

Sorry to hear that.

There is no rational reason for you feeling guilty in any way. But I guess it's not so easy to be rational about this. Maybe it's good to try to look at the facts: Hundreds of Millions of people who got covid made it through. Even those much older than you and people with a lot of preexisting conditions. Also it seems that Omicron is even less dangerous. So there is no (again rational) reason to panic.

I've had panic attacks for a different reason some years ago. What helped me was to talk to friends and family and later to a professional counselor. Also give myself a present every day. Things like a fantastic cup of coffee with cream, or some quality time with someone (maybe your son?) maybe painting pictures together. One of the best things I did was reading a good book.

I hope I didn't step too much into your personal territory here. Maybe you would prefer a female member to answer you, I would understand this. But I felt the need to point out that you shouldn't feel guilty.

Get well soon.

There are various grounding techniques for people with anxiety and panic attacks that work for many people. The most common one is 54321, where you are supposed to identify 5 things you can see, 4 things you can feel, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell and 1 thing you can taste. For the thing you can taste, it's okay if you just imagine a flavor, but it works best if you actually taste something that is a bit unpleasant for you.

These techniques are supposed to shift your attention away from whatever is causing anxiety and towards your surroundings. If this one doesn't work for you there are other variations worth trying, just google "grounding techniques". Maybe even reading up on them will make you feel calmer and more prepared.

And I second @Gruner you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about!

Hi, unfortunately I am positive with Covid. It's been day 3 since I got tested, although I've had symptoms for a week now. Today I feel really bad, I'm tired, powerless, dizzy and coughing a little. The problem is the panic attacks. How do I get over them? It's just me and my son and I feel a little overwhelmed and guilty that I can't take care of him properly. I hope to be well soon. 🥺
There is no need whatsoever to feel guilty.

I am glad that you are both feeling better.

One thing that you may look into is NAC (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...WMpjv8lVgzgj9a-7N0Bbo__6AaEGBhcuNDX7hGAfVOXaw).

The FDA is trying to get it to prescription only and Amazon pulled it from it's site. However, you can still get it from reputable places if you look around. I am not sure if it is okay for children so be sure to look into that.

I was taking that along with Vitamin C, D3, Zinc and L-Arginine.

Fortunately my case was mild..but that was bad enough and I am still working through the fatigue.

As far as anxiety goes, I do wish you well. The main thing to do is be good to yourself and know that this is not your fault and that you are not alone.

Stay strong and I do hope that this helps.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mel1
There is no need whatsoever to feel guilty.

I am glad that you are both feeling better.

One thing that you may look into is NAC (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...WMpjv8lVgzgj9a-7N0Bbo__6AaEGBhcuNDX7hGAfVOXaw).

The FDA is trying to get it to prescription only and Amazon pulled it from it's site. However, you can still get it from reputable places if you look around. I am not sure if it is okay for children so be sure to look into that.

I was taking that along with Vitamin C, D3, Zinc and L-Arginine.

Fortunately my case was mild..but that was bad enough and I am still working through the fatigue.

As far as anxiety goes, I do wish you well. The main thing to do is be good to yourself and know that this is not your fault and that you are not alone.

Stay strong and I do hope that this helps.
Thank you So mutch guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.