AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Critical members to you room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you meaning, for instance, those times where a camgirl leaves early despite the possibility of a tipper, or keeping her from being bored and her logging off due to it?

The first one is likely due to her having bad headjunk. This happens to every cammer at some point and chances are you won't be able to knock 'em out of it. I typically can take a 20 minute break and come back, but it took me years before I was able to do that.

As for the other, I suggest finding out her interests (start with her profile). Ask her about those or any others she might have. Ask her about what she offers. If nothing else it'll get the room to hear her talk about what kind of personality she has and what they can tip for.
hello how are you?hello great information im Latrice I have been with stream ate for 2months it's so dead im about ready to say maybe this is not for me:(( also im in the asa /indiana central timezone whats the best time for me to get on im missing traffic and a lot of money bc of this I can't stand to sit and not make anything past one hour please help

hello how are you?hello great information im Latrice I have been with stream ate for 2months it's so dead im about ready to say maybe this is not for me:(( also im in the asa /indiana central timezone whats the best time for me to get on im missing traffic and a lot of money bc of this I can't stand to sit and not make anything past one hour please help

Start by getting verified here. There's a lot of info in the model's only section.

I'm a Streamate model, so I'm a lot more "fuck you, pay me" than most token site models. But I do have a few regulars that I enjoy a little small talk and banter with, during down times. On a private-based site like Streamate, we don't entertain much in free chat. We sit there looking pretty, waiting for private shows. The more busy we seem to be, or the more entertaining we are, the less shows we get. The regulars I love, have learned when to talk, what to say, and when to tip. They tip or buy shows regularly. Doesn't have to be a huge amount, doesn't have to be every day. CONSISTENCY, is the most important thing to me. I enjoy the member who tips $1 every couple of days, more than I do the guy who tipped $50 a year ago, and still expects a ridiculous amount of attention.

We don't have mods on Streamate and I usually have my settings to where members can't see each other's messages, to protect their privacy. So there's not much that a SM member can do to earn more attention, aside from paying me and engaging in a little small talk here and there. Small talk, not in-depth conversations, because if I seem busy or distracted, other members won't even try to get a show from me.

One of my pet peeves are members who tell multiple jokes and riddles. I can appreciate a funny person, but one with wit, playfulness, and sarcasm. Not one who tries too hard to be funny and hog my attention.
Pet peeve number two, would be the interviewers. They guys who ask a billion questions and you start to wonder if they're a blogger trying to sneak an interview out of you. Or the ones who are clearly attempting free dirty talk.

I'm a Streamate model, so I'm a lot more "fuck you, pay me" than most token site models. But I do have a few regulars that I enjoy a little small talk and banter with, during down times. On a private-based site like Streamate, we don't entertain much in free chat. We sit there looking pretty, waiting for private shows.
Thanks for the input KristinK.

This was what I was looking for and really took me back to my first times joining a site as a member... they were all pvt based sites back then: the site I joined was eventually bought by Streamate; still is active as a white label to SM (Privatefeeds).
I was pvt with one of my first 2 models I joined as a paying member for, she told me that chat in pvt was also an option. These conversations and the occasional spy viewing is where I learnt about what really goes on in pvt shows; that I could explore deeper anyone who captured my interest.

Most models I met back then, 10 years ago, the 'friendships' have lasted for their whole camming career; I don't believe in keeping contact outside of the cam interaction but within it I am happy to let it go anywhere (even if it falls out sometimes due to disrespect or a boundary pushed too far).

I think that every model needs at least one regular when she is on, both for tipping and to relieve a boring time on. Someone who can tip consistently (take pvt time for a pvt based site) would be so critical: spending always leads to more spending.

Beyond that I can think of times when the right member for that time would be critical.
  1. I have seen many models lose it emotionally on cam, her option to log off or to take it pvt: sometimes a girl needs a white knight to get back on track quickly.
  2. End of pay period stresses, or sudden unexpected losses: the right member can just end that... my 'whale' just makes camming so stress free.
  3. Starting out your time on: I just love how this member gets things rockin', I relax with them around and just go for it.
  4. Look who just came on: I'd love a visit from this member today... If they visit I must be at my best (non-invited) or They would really get everyone into this show (invite them to join).
  5. A genuine and honest member that follows through on their word/ tips that give you hope for humanity. The last thing a model needs is to drag a negative view of people into the real world.
  6. Anonymous and offline surprises.... EXCITING!
  7. Helper? (Sound check at the very least is wise. Someone who will play your game for that day is definitely helpful.)

Reactions: KristinKervz
^Similaraly when I was starting I would on occasion get super creepy/bullying high tippers who would make me not want to work so much that I'd log off. I needed the money but the thought of dealing with them was often too much. Thankfully I earn enough now to not have to keep those assholes.

For the models, I am really curious how your high tippers break down in terms of psychological profiles. The types of high tippers I have observed:

A: Bullies. These are the guys who go into a nice restaurant and spit the wine on the floor saying how bad it is and demand everything and anything. But they pay for people to put up with them.

B: Nice guys. These are more or less normal people and the conversations are ordinary

C: Silent Type. They tip but then they never say anything.

D: Dependents. These are the guys who mistake a model for a therapist and actually start to act out with constant jealously and needs for constant communication. They appear to fall apart if a model ignores them or does not answer an offline message.

E: Sex Addicts. These are guys who are completely focused on being sexual with the model.

As an outside observer, I see a pretty even mix of all of these. Some of these are not mutually exclusive, as a sex addict can be a bully or a dependent at the same time.

For those of you on the inside, what percentage of your customers end up being each of these types?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
One thing that makes me leave or want to leave fast is having someone show up who I know will talk my ear off but never tip.. ever.

A feature I think these webcam sites could use would be the ability to silence individual users in a way where they can un-silence themselves by tipping.

As a tipper, I am usually very positive about other tippers. I know that these tips will make the model feel good about her day and builds a lot of positive energy. That spills into her conversations with me.

What I absolutely despise are the guys who come in and demand PM and demand lots of conversation and never tip anything. That does not just drag down the model. That drags down the guys who do tip, because that guy is draining the model's energy and making her feel worse about her experience with all of us. Many of these guys are gray users on CB, so there is no doubt that they will never tip.

A feature I think these webcam sites could use would be the ability to silence individual users in a way where they can un-silence themselves by tipping.

As a tipper, I am usually very positive about other tippers. I know that these tips will make the model feel good about her day and builds a lot of positive energy. That spills into her conversations with me.

What I absolutely despise are the guys who come in and demand PM and demand lots of conversation and never tip anything. That does not just drag down the model. That drags down the guys who do tip, because that guy is draining the model's energy and making her feel worse about her experience with all of us. Many of these guys are gray users on CB, so there is no doubt that they will never tip.

With CB, they at least have to have one token in order to interact with models. On MFC, models will typically mute guests. So, they had to have spent money to buy tokens at some point in time. Does nothing to get people to tip though.

In some ways, I wouldn't mind it if there was something like a viewable group session where it's a one time tip to enter into the room for that session. Kind of like an admission fee to get into a club. Wouldn't have to be much. But, something a model could set a somewhat variable amount for admission. Then, that grants the person re-entry back into the room so long as the model doesn't log off. She can turn her cam off. But, as long as she stays logged in, that person can come and go as often as they'd like from her room.

The caveat is that the model would have to stay online, and something would have to work where if the model's connection drops, something happens where members don't have to repay. Kind of along the lines of an event wrist band.

Some might argue that it would prevent people from going into rooms, and perhaps stumbing into a room they might become regulars.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
With CB, they at least have to have one token in order to interact with models. On MFC, models will typically mute guests. So, they had to have spent money to buy tokens at some point in time. Does nothing to get people to tip though.

Is that right? Look at this CB support page documenting grey users. It says clearly that "grey names have no tokens". And in the rooms I visit grey users are frequently in the room and making demands of all kinds.

There are bots you can run to silence greys, but I have noticed that some models run that bot and then forget that it requires a command line feature to enable the silencing. And there is a configuration option on CB to only allow users with tokens to chat. But that is not the default option.

Some models seem to tolerate grey users because they want additional conversation. Let the model make that decision. The feature I wanted allows the model to take action against a specific trouble maker without penalizing all grey users. It would just be a tool.

In some ways, I wouldn't mind it if there was something like a viewable group session where it's a one time tip to enter into the room for that session. Kind of like an admission fee to get into a club. Wouldn't have to be much. But, something a model could set a somewhat variable amount for admission. Then, that grants the person re-entry back into the room so long as the model doesn't log off. She can turn her cam off. But, as long as she stays logged in, that person can come and go as often as they'd like from her room.

The caveat is that the model would have to stay online, and something would have to work where if the model's connection drops, something happens where members don't have to repay. Kind of along the lines of an event wrist band.

Some might argue that it would prevent people from going into rooms, and perhaps stumbing into a room they might become regulars.

Some models will hate this but you are just asking for an option, and as an option I like it. I think setting a 1 Token entry fee to a room is a great idea because it keeps out anonymous users and greys, and I don't think 1 Token is going to stop any user with any level of curiosity. But that is something the model would have to test and come to some conclusion about.

Is that right? Look at this CB support page documenting grey users. It says clearly that "grey names have no tokens". And in the rooms I visit grey users are frequently in the room and making demands of all kinds.

There are bots you can run to silence greys, but I have noticed that some models run that bot and then forget that it requires a command line feature to enable the silencing. And there is a configuration option on CB to only allow users with tokens to chat. But that is not the default option.

Some models seem to tolerate grey users because they want additional conversation. Let the model make that decision. The feature I wanted allows the model to take action against a specific trouble maker without penalizing all grey users. It would just be a tool.

The couple of rooms I was in, I had to have at least one token in order to chat in the room. Didn't know, nor care to think whether it was a bot or not. I'm not that invested in knowing the inner workings of model sites because I'm only a member. Good for you for being anal enough to want to figure it out. I've got better shit to do.

Some models will hate this but you are just asking for an option, and as an option I like it. I think setting a 1 Token entry fee to a room is a great idea because it keeps out anonymous users and greys, and I don't think 1 Token is going to stop any user with any level of curiosity. But that is something the model would have to test and come to some conclusion about.

That's why I said let the model control what the conditions are.

@Smores Ahhh yes member character tropes. Certainly. Here's a list of ones that seem to always be kicking around somewhere in the Wild West of the internet.

Most you mentioned aren't huge tippers for me except C. B's are decent tippers as long as they don't ONLY chat. Dependants from what I've seen may tip well but in decent chunks at a time. Those like you said usually need therapy and will end up growing to be too draining for most.

F: Jekyll and Hyde members. These guys are covert bullies. They can be pretty much any of the types mentioned but they will come off as fairly plain ol' nice guys in free chat. In free chat, they're GREAT members. They never really warn the model. They tip in free chat to get her trusting them and BLAMMO takes her to private and asks her to do something she'd never expect him to ask of her. But it's ok because he was nice in free chat and tipped frequently enough right?! I mean sure she said she wasn't a pain slut (or whatever) which he's asking her to be now but hey if you want your "friend's" tips and to keep him from feeling kink shamed you should do the show right? Cuz it's totally not his fault that he didn't ask/care about what her limits were first.

This is not the same as acting nice for a long time then writing a message in free chat/by email/whatever to the model asking if she does something that might turn her off. This is a mind game unlike the other which is simply common courtesy. I won't be offended at common courtesy.

These are thankfully rare. They tend to gravitate to newer models.

G: Last minute members. These guys might pay a ton but they will likely take forever to make sure everything is "just so". They will tell the model ahead of time (like every time she gets on cam). IF they do the show they agreed upon it will be in the last 2 minutes of her shift when she's tired and doesn't want to do one. That's when they realize "Oh shit! I gotta act now!" and take her to paid chat while she's hangry. There's a good chance they still won't be able to do the show. If these guys are regs then get the money right after they say they're ready before waiting. Chances are something will happen and she'll have to wait because they're "almost ready" but she'll wind up waiting for the next 15 minutes to an hour (maybe more who knows with some. I cut them off early) after her shift.

They're at the end of nearly every shift.

H: Presumptuous members. They're a subcategory to the bullies. They think that everyone thinks a certain way and objectify everyone. Not just women. EVERYONE. Everyone but them does things in a specific coded way and for anyone to not act that way would be against their personal laws. They're very full of themselves and if someone does something against code they resort to cheap name-calling before they get banned to go somewhere else where they also expect to get banned right after saying something elegant like "Oh well, you're just another dumb whore." Me: "And you m'lord nearly cut me with that edge!" I enjoy telling them things like "Ew. I don't want your money" and telling them how they must love hearing that they sound narcissistic because it sounds like someone loves them and won't ever abandon them. I tend to bat them around in free chat a bit. I reject all paid chat requests from them. I tell them to stop trying to burn a bridge like all the others they've trusted at points in their lives so much to make up for what they lack with denial. That's when I like to start humming and singing lyrics to Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

Funny thing is they prefer to be banned. If they get banned then the model simply didn't "get them" or "didn't have a sense of humor" "was triggered" etc. I might be more ban happy if I were on MFC but it typically doesn't kill my chat on SM to have a lil dick like this come in. Usally this proves I enjoy doing mind games with subs who want it in paid chat so I'll normally have to abandon them in the end for money I'll accept for someone else.

It's fun giving away an existential crisis or two sometimes.

They typically do wind up paying me one way or another (not counting the shows I earn from dealing with their easy to piss off asses).

I: The broke college student who doesn't want to do schoolwork. I don't feel I need to elaborate.

For some reason, they don't even make .01% of my income. Trust me. I just scoured my earnings. There. did it again. Yup. Nothing.

J. Are you ok with me being so old/young? member. Seriously, I don't need to know. Maybe it's a taboo fetish thing but stfu in free chat.

They are a smaller portion of my income. Maybe if I played more to taboo but a lot of the older ones seem to be genuinely bothered by it.

K. The "that didn't happen" member. Yeah, sure I totally believe you have a dungeon of sex slaves who you're training. I'm sure you're here for pointers on how to train them...oh how interesting. We're in paid chat and now you're talking about how you want to be used as a sub like you were the night before. Golly gee mister. You sure are kinky in real life.

A large percentage. Not this dialogue I used per se but you get the idea.

L. The Purist. These are often a combo of A and H. They know the true tao of everything to do with sex. They think they're a major in everything to do with everything. Problem is their major is in all minor keys. They often know "everything about how to cam and record video" too. Don't ask them to help EVER. You will literally never actually get any help because they'll intentionally explain things in ways that don't make sense to sound superior. Later when you learn how to do whatever the hell it was they were "trying to teach" it'll be the easiest thing in the world to explain without all the horseshit they tried to feed you.

Percentage: Oh gawd no.

Here's how you deal with them.
AXhOCeL.jpg

We'll pretend I mean banhammer ok? >.>

M. The couponer. They never buy anything unless it's at a bargain and it will have to likely be at a big one. They often feel like they're enormously spoiling the camgirl when they buy things at a huge percentage off even though she likely put it at that price because something like her water heater broke and she's desperate for cash NOW. Sorry but spoiling doesn't mean having to feel like I'm belittling my content/shows for a new appliance that shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Percentage: Depends on your prices vs deals. In my experience, they aren't worth having every member pay you less than they would so the ONE couponer tips.

N. BBC white members. Dude, I know you're white. Stop typing like that. One day you'll forget you ever came into my chat, take me to paid, turn on your cam and you're going to wonder why I look like I'm trying not to laugh.

Percentage: Thankfully not a huge percentage.

O. It's 28" long BB members! See above.

P. Silent kinksters. They never interact much if ever with other members but will chat up a storm one-on-one. These guys are my favorites.

Percentage: LARGE

Q. Rain cloud members. "Let me tell you how rough everything has been so I won't be banned yet get attention." I've had guys who've been through rough times but I'm talking members who've been this way from day one in the model's chat, bringing the chat down while focusing on them.

Percentage: 0% maybe a bit more if they can't top your bad day story. Maybe.

R. The manipulator. A subcategory of the bullies. We've all had em. They try for PayPal, buy something from Amazon only to cancel as soon as they get the content right after. They send pretend tips. You get the picture.

S. Stand up and let me see that body.

Percentage: 0%

Percentage of time wasted: LARGE at the beginning of camming for most.
Percentage of pay: Maybe a few tips in chat to make you trust them first.

Last edited:
@Smores Ahhh yes member character tropes. Certainly. Here's a list of ones that seem to always be kicking around somewhere in the Wild West of the internet.

Most you mentioned aren't huge tippers for me except C. B's are decent tippers as long as they don't ONLY chat. Dependants from what I've seen may tip well but in decent chunks at a time. Those like you said usually need therapy and will end up growing to be too draining for most.

F: Jekyll and Hyde members. These guys are covert bullies. They can be pretty much any of the types mentioned but they will come off as fairly plain ol' nice guys in free chat. In free chat, they're GREAT members. They never really warn the model. They tip in free chat to get her trusting them and BLAMMO takes her to private and asks her to do something she'd never expect him to ask of her. But it's ok because he was nice in free chat and tipped frequently enough right?! I mean sure she said she wasn't a pain slut (or whatever) which he's asking her to be now but hey if you want your "friend's" tips and to keep him from feeling kink shamed you should do the show right? Cuz it's totally not his fault that he didn't ask/care about what her limits were first.

This is not the same as acting nice for a long time then writing a message in free chat/by email/whatever to the model asking if she does something that might turn her off. This is a mind game unlike the other which is simply common courtesy. I won't be offended at common courtesy.

These are thankfully rare. They tend to gravitate to newer models.

G: Last minute members. These guys might pay a ton but they will likely take forever to make sure everything is "just so". They will tell the model ahead of time (like every time she gets on cam). IF they do the show they agreed upon it will be in the last 2 minutes of her shift when she's tired and doesn't want to do one. That's when they realize "Oh shit! I gotta act now!" and take her to paid chat while she's hangry. There's a good chance they still won't be able to do the show. If these guys are regs then get the money right after they say they're ready before waiting. Chances are something will happen and she'll have to wait because they're "almost ready" but she'll wind up waiting for the next 15 minutes to an hour (maybe more who knows with some. I cut them off early) after her shift.

They're at the end of nearly every shift.

H: Presumptuous members. They're a subcategory to the bullies. They think that everyone thinks a certain way and objectify everyone. Not just women. EVERYONE. Everyone but them does things in a specific coded way and for anyone to not act that way would be against their personal laws. They're very full of themselves and if someone does something against code they resort to cheap name-calling before they get banned to go somewhere else where they also expect to get banned right after saying something elegant like "Oh well, you're just another dumb whore." Me: "And you m'lord nearly cut me with that edge!" I enjoy telling them things like "Ew. I don't want your money" and telling them how they must love hearing that they sound narcissistic because it sounds like someone loves them and won't ever abandon them. I tend to bat them around in free chat a bit. I reject all paid chat requests from them. I tell them to stop trying to burn a bridge like all the others they've trusted at points in their lives so much to make up for what they lack with denial. That's when I like to start humming and singing lyrics to Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

Funny thing is they prefer to be banned. If they get banned then the model simply didn't "get them" or "didn't have a sense of humor" "was triggered" etc. I might be more ban happy if I were on MFC but it typically doesn't kill my chat on SM to have a lil dick like this come in. Usally this proves I enjoy doing mind games with subs who want it in paid chat so I'll normally have to abandon them in the end for money I'll accept for someone else.

It's fun giving away an existential crisis or two sometimes.

They typically do wind up paying me one way or another (not counting the shows I earn from dealing with their easy to piss off asses).

I: The broke college student who doesn't want to do schoolwork. I don't feel I need to elaborate.

For some reason, they don't even make .01% of my income. Trust me. I just scoured my earnings. There. did it again. Yup. Nothing.

J. Are you ok with me being so old/young? member. Seriously, I don't need to know. Maybe it's a taboo fetish thing but stfu in free chat.

They are a smaller portion of my income. Maybe if I played more to taboo but a lot of the older ones seem to be genuinely bothered by it.

K. The "that didn't happen" member. Yeah, sure I totally believe you have a dungeon of sex slaves who you're training. I'm sure you're here for pointers on how to train them...oh how interesting. We're in paid chat and now you're talking about how you want to be used as a sub like you were the night before. Golly gee mister. You sure are kinky in real life.

A large percentage. Not this dialogue I used per se but you get the idea.

L. The Purist. These are often a combo of A and H. They know the true tao of everything to do with sex. They think they're a major in everything to do with everything. Problem is their major is in all minor keys. They often know "everything about how to cam and record video" too. Don't ask them to help EVER. You will literally never actually get any help because they'll intentionally explain things in ways that don't make sense to sound superior. Later when you learn how to do whatever the hell it was they were "trying to teach" it'll be the easiest thing in the world to explain without all the horseshit they tried to feed you.

Percentage: Oh gawd no.

Here's how you deal with them.
AXhOCeL.jpg

We'll pretend I mean banhammer ok? >.>

M. The couponer. They never buy anything unless it's at a bargain and it will have to likely be at a big one. They often feel like they're enormously spoiling the camgirl when they buy things at a huge percentage off even though she likely put it at that price because something like her water heater broke and she's desperate for cash NOW. Sorry but spoiling doesn't mean having to feel like I'm belittling my content/shows for a new appliance that shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Percentage: Depends on your prices vs deals. In my experience, they aren't worth having every member pay you less than they would so the ONE couponer tips.

N. BBC white members. Dude, I know you're white. Stop typing like that. One day you'll forget you ever came into my chat, take me to paid, turn on your cam and you're going to wonder why I look like I'm trying not to laugh.

Percentage: Thankfully not a huge percentage.

O. It's 28" long BB members! See above.

P. Silent kinksters. They never interact much if ever with other members but will chat up a storm one-on-one. These guys are my favorites.

Percentage: LARGE

Q. Rain cloud members. "Let me tell you how rough everything has been so I won't be banned yet get attention." I've had guys who've been through rough times but I'm talking members who've been this way from day one in the model's chat, bringing the chat down while focusing on them.

Percentage: 0% maybe a bit more if they can't top your bad day story. Maybe.

R. The manipulator. A subcategory of the bullies. We've all had em. They try for PayPal, buy something from Amazon only to cancel as soon as they get the content right after. They send pretend tips. You get the picture.

S. Stand up and let me see that body.

Percentage: 0%

Percentage of time wasted: LARGE at the beginning of camming for most.
Percentage of pay: Maybe a few tips in chat to make you trust them first.

This post needs to be its own sticky! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.