AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Custom vid tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2015
I'm about to buy a custom vid from a model on manyvids. I've never bought one before and there is an option to leave the model an additional tip. American tipping culture is very confusing to me, I really struggle with who needs to be tipped and who doesn't and in what scenario. The money isn't the problem it's just I don't want to seem like some kind of cheapskate and I'm not sure if this is one of those times it's even necessary or if I should tip a certain amount or a percentage or what. So models who do customs how much extra would you expect? or members who buy customs how much do you add as a tip?

It would make me feel so much less awkward if this just popped up after and I could leave an extra tip if the video was good.

I've filmed many custom videos over the past 4 years, and honestly only get an extra tip a small percentage of the time.

If you did tip her though, she might add something extra to the video. Maybe give you a longer clip, or faster turn around time.

I love getting tips after I finish the video because them I know I met or exceeded their expectations. ☺

I've filmed many custom videos over the past 4 years, and honestly only get an extra tip a small percentage of the time.

If you did tip her though, she might add something extra to the video. Maybe give you a longer clip, or faster turn around time.

I love getting tips after I finish the video because them I know I met or exceeded their expectations. ☺

Thank you. I spent a semester living in America back a student and the only thing I hated was tipping. Sometimes I would awkwardly try and tip people who weren't expecting it or not tip people who were expecting it and look like a cheap jerk. If I did tip the right person sometimes I wouldn't tip them enough or I'd tip too much. I could just never seem to get it right.

This was bringing up horrible flashbacks.

Last edited:
I have been producing customs for 6 years and only one guy has ever tipped me extra. I actually thought it was super sweet because it takes me 7 days to film/edit/render a custom so I'm sure she would appreciate a tip but it's deff not necessary :)

Reactions: fandango
I don't do customs often, but when I do get orders they tend to leave ~20% as a tip. I certainly wouldn't think twice about it if someone ordered one without leaving any tip, though. A tip does make me more likely to try to get the video finished a bit faster.

I never expect to be tipped extra for a custom. But, when it happens, it is always a really nice surprise and makes that member stand out to me. I will remember them and am more likely to put extra effort into their next custom.

However, if I am not tipped extra for a custom, I will not think any less of that member or judge them or anything. I'm still very happy to work with them again in the future.

In this case, (at least in my opinion) tipping extra is at your complete discretion.

I've only been tipped after a custom. I think getting tipped before might stress me out. Tipped after makes me feel like they enjoyed stuff at least. Really, I'd rather have someone skip any tip and just order a 2nd custom if they liked the first! That's always a boost.

Someone left me a big tip with his order, and I made his video immediately and had it to him within two hours of the order :)
Not everyone tips, I would say 50% of my custom video orders on manyvids contain tips. It's not something I expect at all, just an awesome bonus and I always make sure to thank the member for his tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.