AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Depressive members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, the people who say they are thinking of suicide and use that as a way to pressure you into a conversation are not the ones who commit suicide. The people I would call emergency services for are the ones who tell you point black "I am going to kill myself" or who put themselves into a dangerous situation and simply refuse to speak at all. Those are the ones who have given up, even on conversation. If someone hints at suicidal thoughts but without trying to impose a negative conversation on you, I would also worry about them and try to get them professional help.

People who have wrapped themselves up with negative thoughts are next to impossible to change, and they will fight you tooth and nail for every positive thought you give them. You enter into such conversations with the good intentions to make things better for that person, but you are only enabling their bad habit and bad psychology, while really harming your own psychology at the same time. Such people seem to have as their real goal taking down other people to their level.

If I were a model, I would offer a special private rate for conversation-only, and if someone had the habit of chatting me up with negative thoughts, I would immediately shut them down. If I were willing to even talk to such a person at all, I would say "I get paid to talk to viewers, and if you want to talk about your life I can give you a special rate of N tokens per minute."

This is a really difficult topic. I often get sucked into such conversations out of sympathy, but only long enough to determine that the person is not really suicidal and is manipulating me.
Honestly even offering special rates is allowing them too much control over the situation. I've gotten very long shows with people who weren't in the midst of a mental health crisis and just wanted to hang out and talk, and were quite happy to pay my full price because they valued my time.

Just suggesting a discounted rate completely devalues the emotional and mental labor that goes into talking someone down from a mental health crisis. A model's time isn't worth less because she isn't getting naked or doing sexual things and it is just as taxing (If not more so) to talk with someone having suicidal ideations.

My time is not less valuable because I feel bad for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.