AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dexter Fans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy poop! I thought Deb was getting better at the end of the last episode and then she goes and pulls that crazy shit :shock:

AnaVictoriaXO said:
Holy poop! I thought Deb was getting better at the end of the last episode and then she goes and pulls that crazy shit :shock:
No way, I totally saw that coming. But I thought she was just saying goodbye, not taking him with her.

Oooooh I was wondering when Hannah would return!

Wondering if Dexters finally gonna kill her this season.

Also, I dont see this thing with the kid (who Dexter wants to teach the code to) going well.

man! I have to watch season 7 ! that is the only season I have yet to purchase.. :( and watch! I love the show! I love how the cinematography is.. how the lighting is used... just everything.. man! No wonder this show has won so many awards..

I am torn between the Ice Truck killer and Trinity... aahhh!!!

Julia Styles season was not as good as I wanted it to be.

AmberCutie said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
No way, I totally saw that coming. But I thought she was just saying goodbye, not taking him with her.

I was really annoyed by the lack of airbags. It quite destroyed the moment for me.

Shaun__ said:
I still do not think this show should end happy.

I completely agree. This show should NOT have a happy ending. But that doesn't mean it won't break my heart. :p

AND they are setting it up to be completely heart-wrenching.

Dexter doesn't NEED to kill anymore. His dark passenger is gone. This show was about his journey (whether he was aware of it or not) to become more human, and that has happened. He has fond love, and that love has squashed his need to kill.

And now that he has a full, loving family and a life to look forward to with the woman he loves..... Boom. It will all be taken away from him. And that's how it will and should end.

I would be so disappointed if it had a happy ending.

Tea420 said:
Is anybody else feeling kind of bored with how this is all wrapping up? Sure, I'm excited to see how they end it, but this whole season has been a bit of a snooze.

****SPOILERS*****************************************************************************

I think a big part of the thrill of Dexter has always been the idea that there is a good chance he could get caught--and have all of his murderous exploits exposed. Each season has someone who is "on" to Dexter, who always comes painfully close to seeing Dexter for who he really is. This season, however, lacks this factor--and I think that's a big reason that it seems (at least to me) to lack impact. I don't really care about whether or not Hannah gets caught leaving Miami. The idea of Hannah, Harrison, and Dexter living happily ever after in Argentina just seems lame and impossible to me.

Meanwhile, the big villain, Oliver Saxon, really isn't all that compelling to me either--mainly because he was revealed so late in the game. I don't really care whether or not Dexter kills him--although I guess now that he shot Deb there is even more reason for Dexter to finish the job...

That said, I really love Dexter as a series (I think season 4 was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV), and truly hope that the series finale is epic and awesome. It just seems that the writers have kind of put themselves in a really tough not so compelling spot, but I'm still hopeful. :\

Reactions: AedanRayne
Fuck you Dexter. I am so pissed I watched the last two seasons now, after such a stupid ending.

I don't feel any closure. God dammit.

Reactions: AedanRayne
AmberCutie said:

The ending was left very open-ended... I am wondering, for those who read the books, is the ending like this at all?

Also wanted to add that I totally think Dexter is the worst dad in TV history. Really. WTF.

Tea420 said:
AmberCutie said:

The ending was left very open-ended... I am wondering, for those who read the books, is the ending like this at all?

Also wanted to add that I totally think Dexter is the worst dad in TV history. Really. WTF.

Or the best dad, realizing he would only screw up his sons life? :think:

My understanding of the books, which I have not read, is the first book is essentially season one of the series but after that the series goes away from the books. In the book world Dexter is still alive.

The ending was a bit of let down and cop out. Certainly not the worst ending of a TV series but it appears to be standard endings these days to leave things open ended, either to let the viewers fill in the blanks themselves or cynically to keep it available for spin offs or movies.

pffft, I loved the ending. I don't feel like they did anything other than they should have.

I do agree that the storm looked fake as shit, as they did it wrong. And IRL, he would be super dead.

Considering the content of Season 8, I was pretty much pleased with the ending.

Things I liked: I felt like the finale had a great/weird feel to it that the show has been lacking for quite some time--and I really like the fact that there was minimal use of the "voice-over"/ghost Harry telling us exactly what was going on in Dexter's head--it really gave Michael C. Hall a chance to shine. I thought the music and general visual ambiance of the episode was top notch.

Things I didn't like: The Hannah/Harrison storyline was just kind of odd/useless--I was REALLY glad that the "let's go get ice cream" fade to black wasn't the last scene. What I really disliked though was how the episode essentially dismissed the idea of providing any closure on the Miami Metro side of things--the workings of the station and it's employees (i.e., Dexter's work life) has always been a huge part of the show--but this episode basically just through all their storylines out the window.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the last scene--it looked really cool--I kind of like the idea of it--it's at least better than if he had actually just disappeared in the storm--and I really liked the crazy/frustrated look that Dexter gave at the very end... but I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to mean. I'm just hoping it's not a sign that there's going to be some kind of spin off or movie...

It begs the question, what type of ending would have been satisfactory?

Caught at the end? Killed at the end? What kind of ending do you think the Dexter character deserved or should have had?

Just Me said:
It begs the question, what type of ending would have been satisfactory?

Caught at the end? Killed at the end? What kind of ending do you think the Dexter character deserved or should have had?

Like I said before, history should have repeated itself. Like a snake eating its tail.

ZuwJYkF.jpg

Shaun__ said:
Dexter needs to be killed in front of his son in the last episode of next season. The last scene should be Harrison sitting in a pool of his fathers blood with Deb walking towards him crying as she faces the same choices her father did, it would show the true cost of Dexter's blood filled legacy. This show should not have a happy ending, and I can not think of anything sadder than suggesting Harrison is on the exact same path as Dexter and his brother Brian. All that killing and nothing has changed for the better.

Reactions: Just Me
I wanted him to get caught with something and have to confess to his fellow coppers. Deb would still have to die, because he'd never come clean and put her in danger as an accomplice, but that's what I had been waiting the whole series for. For the moment that his coworkers had that light bulb moment where suddenly everything made sense.

I don't know what I wanted to happen after that, but if this had been part of the resolution, I'd feel so much more satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.