AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Diablo 2/3

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I've been thinking a bit about that myself. I suspect the first month after release prices will be a bit insane and they'll start leveling out after then BUT that means that first month may be one of the best opportunities to make money on overpriced gear that the kids with Mommy and Daddy's credit cards will buy because they can... at least that's what I'm hoping. I've never been a big AH player in games but I may put a lot of stuff I find up for sale during the first few weeks here. :D

I may get this game sometime, we'll see. I do not want to get as addicted to this game as I was back in WOW- I just got my 2 1/2 year chip from WOW anonymous. I wasn't in a "hardcoure" guild but I did 25 man raids tuesday wednesday thursday, 10 mans friday saturday sunday, and finish up on 25 mans on the last boss or so if need be monday- was our guild enchanter for the top level stuff, in charge to set up healing assignments and bring the food and potions and what not for our healers from the guild bank on those nights. *Shoots myself*

Well the plus side of Diablo is that while teaming up to smite evil is awesome and a lot of fun, others don't depend on you for said evil smiting so the need for a schedule is significantly diminished. Fight the forces of evil on the schedule you want. That said, I used to stay up all hours of the night playing anyhow just because of how much fun it was to slice/pound/blow/etc shit up. :D

Yeah that's what used to get me - the feeling that if I didn't show up I was letting everyone down (and would get chewed out for it tomorrow)

I dunno how I feel about the Auction House thing - it feels like a bit of an opportunistic move by Blizzard, and the way it drives inflation in WOW I'm not even sure I want an AH in diablo much less one for real money. I think equipment should be earned or given. The real money thing just feels like it's going to instantly and permanently fuck the economy - chinese farmers are gonna have a field day.

Let's not even talk about pvp...they totally seemed to drop the ball on that one. Heavens forbid someone could *gasp* kill you in a video game!

That is what finally did me in for WoW. The schedule and always having to be there for the rest of the team. It became too much like another job. I was in a very competitive 10 man guild and if someone did not show, we generally could not raid that night.

The final nail in the coffin for me was the Lich King. It was literally impossible for a 10 man guild to kill on heroic until enough weeks had passed for the zone wide buffs to build up. I finally snapped after the umpteenth time fighting him and knowing there was no possible way to win and we were not learning anything new.

As to the auction house, there will be two versions. A real money AH, that I read will not be available until after a week of the game going live and a regular gold AH. I was skeptical of the real money AH, but after reading about it, it doesn't appear too terrible. It will cost people real money to put things up for auction so hopefully that will keep things more realistic. I have never been much of an AH player, but I do like the option is there.

I am not much of a pvp fan, so the fact that its not there from the start doesn't bother me. Apparently there will be some pvp added, but nothing competitive. At least not ladders like previous Blizzard games. I do enjoy a good duel once in a while. :lol:

What finally did it for me and WOW was exactly that- it became too much like a job but with even more drama than high school and adulthood combined. Maybe 5 people in my guild ever PVPed on any serious level instead of just killing time to BS so when that PVP boss fight came out in WOTLK and we had to explain to them pvp mechanics of being mobile, knowing survival tactics, crowd control etc instead of just standing in one place using two/three button rotation on a boss while a tank holds it became the most frustrating thing to be apart of. The same people were always the first/last to die, we never made any progress and no one ever got better. Straw that broke the camels back was guild leader making our main tank go dps so a former tank of ours who quit when wratch came out but decided to come back wanted in. I didn't even say bye, I logged off knowing I needed a break and just never went back.

So with knowing that this game can be a more solo game and not revolving around a serious schedule I am very likely to give this game a shit, I just need to see more about it- only video's I've seen has been the introduction to the very bare basics of the game and characters so seeing a level 1 character playthrough isn't exactly a lot to make me think NOW THAT'S A GAME I NEED TO PLAY. Maybe there's video of late game stuff out right now, but i'd be lying if i said I wasn't lazy to look up the obvious.

I think real money in an AH could be easily exploited, again I don't know how that will be fully run but i'm sure there's going to be some really sad stories of credit cards being maxed out like in other games where you can spend real money on video games.

I just remember the crazy inflation on wow AH prices, esp from chinese farmers, and am hoping that the lust for $$ isn't going to make people decide everything they have spare is worth stupid money and basically make the AH useless for people to actually use for small, day by day things. 100g for level 16 Scouts Gloves of the Monkey etc...

ug I just bought it. I hope it's worth it. What's with all the unlockable rewards on the d3 website?

I saw a button in the character screen ingame that said "Click here to upgrade to level 60, fight nightmare bosses, epic loot" wtf? I assume a paid service...and from day one? that's really laaaame.

Here's a screenshot of the clusterfuck that is ALREADY the auction house - note that these are low level (1-10) weapons, all crafted

Attachments

• 2012-05-16_00001.jpg
    2012-05-16_00001.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 117
What's the gold to dollar ratio on this real money auction house?

I woke up to connection issues and bugs and shit already being an issue. Hot fixes have made programmers lazy and companies rush unfinished products out the door because they can always fix it later RIGHT?! ho hum i'm going to wait even longer to get it.

if you click the currency AH button it just says it's not available yet and expected may 23

Got a screenshot of the "level to 60" button, seems to only happen when the game errors and boots me out

Attachments

• 2012-05-16_00002.jpg
    2012-05-16_00002.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 98
Jupiter551 said:
Got a screenshot of the "level to 60" button, seems to only happen when the game errors and boots me out

I bet what that is, is for when people just have the free part of the game. I had read that the stress test beta content is available to play for free. So the upgrade part is to buy the actual game where they can level past level 10 or 13. As far as I know, Blizzard has said they will not be offering anything for cash. They will only be facilitators and take a cut of all transactions by the players. Though, they might offer cosmetic type stuff like they do in WoW.

579743_10151732809945607_532985606_24431520_878037108_n.jpg

Reactions: Jupiter551
My freakin' Barbarian feels squishy as heck. I think I'll let him chill in Act 2 and level up a ranged class to build up my Blacksmith, stash space, and maybe find a few items to make the Barb stronger when I go back to him. The transition cinematic between Acts 1 and 2 is really awesome for anyone who has not gotten that far yet.

Lol, I was kinda expecting some teething troubles - anyone who's experienced a major patch day in wow knows the score. I do however think it's pretty annoying that you can't even play solo offline though - that would certainly calm a lot of people down.

I'm kinda wanting to play solo the first time through because other people tend to want to skip past all the quest text in their race to the end of the game - I think I'd like to experience the storyline at least once lol.

I don't get why people want to rush and finish the game right away. what to do you get out of it? What does the man that get out of being the first one to beat the game in 12 hours? was there a contest? is he knee deep in girl nerd poon? a tshirt? what?

He just raced through the first diablo content in record time and didn't even get to enjoy it - grats to him! lol

Yeah... I'm not rushing through stuff now that I am past the Skeleton King. I did plenty of those first 4 quests during that open beta weekend. Takin' it nice and easy.

As for the server issues, MOST big online games have those on launch day. I'm glad we broke some shit during their stress test. Otherwise imagine how things would have gone. That said, I was pretty damn lucky on how all of that worked out for me yesterday. I went to bed before launch, woke up and played for an hour that morning, got home from work during the maintenance period then played once servers were back up till approximately 11 PM EST. When I first created my character, I had an error starting the game. I terminated the process, started D3 back up, and my char was there and started a game with ease. Other than that and the hour I waited for the maintenance to end, I didn't have any issues playing. :D

Well I now have my Barb at 19 part way through Act 2 and my Demon Hunter at level 15 having just arrived to Act 2. I think she's going to be better for building up my Blacksmith, Stash size, crafting mats, and gold reserves than the Barb. Died about 8 times doing the little bit of Act 2 I've completed. The DH will be able to kite her way out of a lot of those situations the Barb died in. :D

Just completed the Skeleton King fight with my Witch Doctor at lvl 9 and Jawbs' Monk at 9. That fight is so fun! I only wish my rare item that dropped was actually useful. At least I got a cool new voodoo doll dohickythingy. Wheee!! Hopefully more play time tomorrow or Friday, but we are in NO rush and are just taking our time and enjoying it. I thoroughly enjoy this game and I'm super glad we got it.

just did leoric 2 man with a random pug and he goes "what's the plan for skeleton king, you want adds?" haha :-D

:? I honestly did not play D3 for longer than 5 mins..... It's been yeaaaaars since I've played Diablo.... I felt like I was just stepping back into time... warped zone.... TERA FTW =) Just my :twocents-02cents: mwhahaha Me no likie.... waaayyyy too boring. TERA is thee shit....

My husband and our roomate both got super excited about this game when it finally got released.. then got bummed out when neither of their laptops would play it.. even more annoyed when mine passed the "will this play it" with high flying colors. My husband is playing it right now on our buddies laptop.. so he seems to dig it.

My barb sits where he was. Just got the Jeweler with my Demon Hunter. I'm still really enjoying it despite spending half of last night reading instead of playing. Just had the urge to read... definitely hopelessly addicted to this game. And I think people are making a lot out of the errors from the first couple days and saying Blizzard fucked up the release a bit prematurely. A lot of games have issues at launch. Most of Blizzard's seem to be solved at this point and it only took a few days. People gonna bitch about anything though I guess.

Mirra said:
My barb sits where he was. Just got the Jeweler with my Demon Hunter. I'm still really enjoying it despite spending half of last night reading instead of playing. Just had the urge to read... definitely hopelessly addicted to this game. And I think people are making a lot out of the errors from the first couple days and saying Blizzard fucked up the release a bit prematurely. A lot of games have issues at launch. Most of Blizzard's seem to be solved at this point and it only took a few days. People gonna bitch about anything though I guess.
Whiners will be whiners.

I'm enjoy the fuck out of the game. Co-op with Jawbs is funnnnnn. Maybe if I was playing solo it wouldn't' be as enjoyable, but I'd probably still play it since I was in need of a good quality game to kill some time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.