AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did Clips4Sale general? and did they change their payout percentages?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2019
I have been on there for two months. First month I did very well, tons of traffic and sales during promo period and then they just deleted their "momma's boy' category and now I am not doing well at all. Looking at sales, it seems I am only getting 50% of the profits now and I thought it was 60% - at least it was the first couple of weeks..

Anywho...what do you all think of C4S. It seems I should have got in on the action long ago but idk as I am unfamiliar.

Any thoughts/advice on how to do well there or?

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
They are still paying out 60%. Are the sales emails that look lower from purchases in European countries? They add the VAT price on top of what you listed the video for, but you still get 60% of what you actually listed the video for.

I was concerned about this a couple days ago, but then I realized the clip price shown in my email was $19.19... and all of the videos that I list end in .99. I then noticed the email says "Prices include VAT." We don't get a percentage of the VAT amount since it's a tax.

I have been on there for two months. First month I did very well, tons of traffic and sales during promo period and then they just deleted their "momma's boy' category and now I am not doing well at all. Looking at sales, it seems I am only getting 50% of the profits now and I thought it was 60% - at least it was the first couple of weeks..

Anywho...what do you all think of C4S. It seems I should have got in on the action long ago but idk as I am unfamiliar.

Any thoughts/advice on how to do well there or?
I do fairly well there, but I need to upload frequently to do that, or my income drops dramatically on that site. I time my uploads so that they are at least 1 hour apart on front page, and I have 2 stores. Each individual clip is allowed to be uploaded in 2 different resolutions, and 2 different formats. So 1 clip actually equals 4 clips (HD MP4, HD WMV, SD MP4, SD WMV). I have one store for SD, and one store for HD.

I did the opposite of what a lot of other models recommended when I first joined in 2015. I skipped around fetish categories, and I make a huge variety of clips. I don't stick to Vanilla or Domme, and I am open to making lots of filler and random fetish clips for random categories too.

With moderate effort, I usually make at least a grand a month on there. No effort whatsoever, and usually it drops to $400- $500. I have not put a huge effort in there for years, but may soon, and I'm sure if I did I could get back to my old average of 2-3 G a month on C4S.

A lot of other models struggle on that site though, and I'm not sure if I just got lucky and collected a lot of fans over the last 6 years that have stuck w me, or if it's because I have made a huge, huge volume of clips ). I'm talking 1000s (as you can see from the main store I have nearly 4000 clips up for sale in that store alone). Or if it's because I did what a lot of other models do not do, and scattered myself over 100s of categories (which was more an ADHD boredom thing, and not a purposeful strategy, but it seems to have worked out).

I also have not had a dip, rather a rise in income from there over the last few months, which seems to be pretty much the opposite of what every other model who has shared has experienced w C4S recently. Idk why, but I listed my main strategies for dealing w C4S above.

ETA; I also don't do customs through them anymore, so I rarely get tributes. I focus mainly on getting as many clips out, and uploaded as possible. If it's a custom through IWC or MV I usually put in 8 hours minimum making it really fancy. But my basic clips I do fast, and focus on quantity, and making them good, but not spending days per clip or anything.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: melanieoncam
They are still paying out 60%. Are the sales emails that look lower from purchases in European countries? They add the VAT price on top of what you listed the video for, but you still get 60% of what you actually listed the video for.

I was concerned about this a couple days ago, but then I realized the clip price shown in my email was $19.19... and all of the videos that I list end in .99. I then noticed the email says "Prices include VAT." We don't get a percentage of the VAT amount since it's a tax.
Thank you! This is what I saw. It was sales from other countries, Thank you!

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Status
Not open for further replies.