AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did i do good that I banned him?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
New tipper came to my room, tipped for control, he was very talkative, after control we were talking about many things, also music . He said: I saw Ozzy in 1989, i was 13 that time.

I banned him.
We an members are not allowed to even mention that we/ they were underage- am i right?

Reactions: Rytar
Solution
Chaturbate support answer:

Thank you for your report. We appreciate your concern and we will take appropriate action. You did the right thing, immediately disengaging with any users discussing minors. Please let us know if you have any additional details to share in the meantime.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team
I haven't read all the responses here but I'd just say:

Managing risk / risk tolerance is different for every model. When I decide if I'm going to fudge a sites rules or something these days, I'm weighing up how ban heavy the site is, how much money i stand to lose if i do follow the rule to the letter, how much money i stand to lose if they ban me, can I recover, etc etc.

In a situation where i felt I had to ban a member for breaking a rule even when I knew the member probably didn't mean to or was fairly innocent to it, I'd verbally say BEFORE banning him in my chat "Hey *name* I'm SO sorry but talking about anything under the age of 18 in any context is against the TOS and for my own protection I need to block you"

Ideally the member maybe makes a new account/finds me on socials and comes back wiser.. and at the very least they have an understanding of why they suddenly got banned.

This is a situation i run into all the time with the word hypnosis - many members don't have any idea that its a strictly enforced ban on most sites and innocently just ask me about it since I do put out hypno content. I'm constantly having to navigate this word ban it drives me nutts

Upvote 0
And actually you did him a huge favor by sending him out before the conversation could get any worse.
That's actually what I was thinking also...
" I saw Ozzy in 1989, i was 13 that time" could have easily been followed with:
"That's when I lost my virginity and smoked weed for the first time".
Better safe than sorry

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I'm so paranoid about it to the point where my filters replace every word that could mean child. I've periodically thought about adding the numbers 1 through 18 and the English equivalents.

Upvote 0
I had a similar experience few weeks ago. A good tipper also a regular and very chatty. Once he told me "My parents moved to the states when i was 13yo" until i get to read his message he then wrote "talk to you later ,i have to walk my 16yo pet"- BAN !!! Felt my heart aching but i dont want to jeopardise my long term income for nothing ! Now,my question is , we do ban those members in order to make sure they're not coming back , we make it permanent but if we're not after 30 days they'll be able to return to our rooms and the messages in PM are still there . Will that still be against TOS ? I banned him 30 days ago,he's now back into my room,should i ban him permanently ?

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
few weeks ago I banned my own moderator for something similar, he told me that many years ago he took his kids ( both over 30 now ) in X holiday and I banned him for mention minors are explain him on WA about site rules etc; he actually mailed CTB and told them what I did.... and ask them if he was wrong or not, he them sent me SS witg their respons where they told him I m wrong and he s right, I unbanned him. so I can't telll you what do to or not, I did kinda same thing but seems like I was wrong and ofc ban was not out of the blue, I still talked with him on WA and arguing about who is right
wow thanks! I really wish to unban this guy and explain him! As i wrote here before, I sent email to support so anyway they will respond and then i will be 1000% "Clean" and will unban him

Reactions: EllaM and Wuggie
Upvote 0
I had a similar experience few weeks ago. A good tipper also a regular and very chatty. Once he told me "My parents moved to the states when i was 13yo" until i get to read his message he then wrote "talk to you later ,i have to walk my 16yo pet"- BAN !!! Felt my heart aching but i dont want to jeopardise my long term income for nothing ! Now,my question is , we do ban those members in order to make sure they're not coming back , we make it permanent but if we're not after 30 days they'll be able to return to our rooms and the messages in PM are still there . Will that still be against TOS ? I banned him 30 days ago,he's now back into my room,should i ban him permanently ?
I will give you clear response soon! I emailed support ,so after they will respond, i will tell you for sure so we will be sure what to do in similar situations

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
It's up to you. When you ban someone, they are removed from following you so unless they look through tip history to find you or stumble on your room by chance (just meaning both on at the same time) it usually takes a while to circle back. Thirty days is a long time to forget about someone.

Banning someone deleted their messages permanently in chat but unsure about PM.

Upvote 0
It's up to you. When you ban someone, they are removed from following you so unless they look through tip history to find you or stumble on your room by chance (just meaning both on at the same time) it usually takes a while to circle back. Thirty days is a long time to forget about someone.

Banning someone deleted their messages permanently in chat but unsure about PM.
PM too,. Not lonng time ago my regular sent me on PM his kids picture so i needed ban him and PM history was deleted also

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81 and Wuggie
Upvote 0
That's actually what I was thinking also...
" I saw Ozzy in 1989, i was 13 that time" could have easily been followed with:
"That's when I lost my virginity and smoked weed for the first time".
Better safe than sorry
Well, I mean it could be followed by that but literally any sentence, particularly on a cam site, could easily be followed up with a completely inappropriate sentence. I'm not offering up a solution because I'm not sure there is an ideal one, it just seems that both models and members being penalised for having perfectly innocent conversations seems a bit counter-productive to a good vibe.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
If he was 13 in 1989, he is definitely of age now to be in the room now. When in doubt ban but in this case it shouldn't have been necessary IMHO.

Upvote 0
If he was 13 in 1989, he is definitely of age now to be in the room now. When in doubt ban but in this case it shouldn't have been necessary IMHO.
It's not a matter of if he's at age NOW.. it's a matter of if it's okay to discuss ANYTHING including minors, and so far the rules say NO

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
It's not a matter of if he's at age NOW.. it's a matter of if it's okay to discuss ANYTHING including minors, and so far the rules say NO
I guess that is up to interpretation then because "when I WAS 13" is not the same as, "I am only 13 and on my fathers account" .. He is not discussing a minor, he is speaking of his personal past.

Upvote 0
I guess that is up to interpretation then because "when I WAS 13" is not the same as, "I am only 13 and on my fathers account" .. He is not discussing a minor, he is speaking of his personal past.
would you bet your income on that someone else interpret things the same way as you do?

Reactions: mika_kedi
Upvote 0
would you bet your income on that someone else interpret things the same way as you do?
No I wouldn't because the sites use AI now ... I guess it would be interesting to see how support would respond. Speaking of your personal past or the age of your dog would be a very stupid reason to get banned from a room as well as to ban a model from a site. I understand protecting yourselves as models completely.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
No I wouldn't because the sites use AI now ... I guess it would be interesting to see how support would respond. Speaking of your personal past or the age of your dog would be a very stupid reason to get banned from a room as well as to ban a model from a site. I understand protecting yourselves as models completely.
And we fully agree it's a stupid way to enforce the rule :) I'm also looking forward to seeing what support would say to this kind of thing.. I've had models ask how old my cat is and answered them without thinking about it tbf, and I have never been banned and neither have they (and she's not over 18 :p )

Upvote 0

A model was getting a fair few tips the other day from a member and made the guy a Knight on SC.

She told me he was only 18. I was like “how can he have been on the site for 2 years if he’s only 18?”

“Oh yeahhhhh…”

I don’t know if that’s relevant but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
A model was getting a fair few tips the other day from a member and made the guy a Knight on SC.

She told me he was only 18. I was like “how can he have been on the site for 2 years if he’s only 18?”

“Oh yeahhhhh…”

I don’t know if that’s relevant but… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I see this SO often that users say they are 18 or 19 and their accounts are 2 - 4 years old..

Reactions: Maxi
Upvote 0
Frankly speaking, any moderation (even an AI these days) would be able to review your chat history and determine that the user is currently over the legal age. If you had been banned for this, Chaturbate's support team would've unbanned you within 24 hours (from my experience working with them, at least. This might not apply to other sites). I understand that it'd still be a pain in the butt to deal with a ban though.

So, in my mind, it boils down to how much you want to retain this viewer vs. how much potential downtime you'd accrue while waiting for the moderation team to sort things out.

Upvote 0

Thank you for your report. We appreciate your concern and we will take appropriate action. You did the right thing, immediately disengaging with any users discussing minors. Please let us know if you have any additional details to share in the meantime.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team

Upvote 4
Solution

Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team
Sweet! Now you have official word to never feel guilty about it ever again. ❤ Thank you for emailing them and posting it here.

Upvote 0
How do we mark BlackWizard's answer as the solution? Or is that an @AmberCutie only thing?
Done!

As someone who has always had a very very social room with regulars who all know each other for a decade via my community, it pains me that even random mention of our earlier lives could get us or our membrs in trouble. (Note: conversation in my room was very rarely sexual in the first place.) But I can see why it's important to jump on it immediately and remove members discussing such from the room, especially on a site that is ban-happy and/or has AI bots to auto-ban on words.

Looking over my time on streams, I absolutely 100% discussed things about my life with my members very casually and never thought much of it. It's scary to realize that it could have caused issue if I was on another site or if the moderation at MFC had been that intense to flag it.

Upvote 0
Done!

As someone who has always had a very very social room with regulars who all know each other for a decade via my community, it pains me that even random mention of our earlier lives could get us or our membrs in trouble. (Note: conversation in my room was very rarely sexual in the first place.) But I can see why it's important to jump on it immediately and remove members discussing such from the room, especially on a site that is ban-happy and/or has AI bots to auto-ban on words.

Looking over my time on streams, I absolutely 100% discussed things about my life with my members very casually and never thought much of it. It's scary to realize that it could have caused issue if I was on another site or if the moderation at MFC had been that intense to flag it.
This is exactly how I feel. Only fans is like this now. I can’t even chat about my pets

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.