AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did i do good that I banned him?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
Poland
Chaturbate Username
nickiii666
New tipper came to my room, tipped for control, he was very talkative, after control we were talking about many things, also music . He said: I saw Ozzy in 1989, i was 13 that time.

I banned him.
We an members are not allowed to even mention that we/ they were underage- am i right?

Reactions: Rytar
Solution
Chaturbate support answer:

Thank you for your report. We appreciate your concern and we will take appropriate action. You did the right thing, immediately disengaging with any users discussing minors. Please let us know if you have any additional details to share in the meantime.
Thank you,
The Chaturbate Team
i really sometimes wanna stop being so friendly and talkative. If i not talk, just do show, members also not make big conversations and i would not have this kind of situation . Its a second situation like this during 2 weeks. First - my one ofbest regulars who decided to show me his kids pic on PM - i banned him immediately and now this one . Both liked me and wanted talk but when they talk with me, its smething like this happening.......

Upvote 0
New tipper came to my room, tipped for control, he was very talkative, after control we were talking about many things, also music . He said: I saw Ozzy in 1989, i was 13 that time.

I banned him.
We an members are not allowed to even mention that we/ they were underage- am i right?
I would have done the same. Zero tolerance.

Always protect yourself no matter what. Think of it like throwing an over served person out of a bar. You legally have to do it.

Upvote 0
Thank you Vixxen. Just wanted make sure I did good. Now i feel a bit better.
I always feel a tinge of guilt about it, makes me angry that we can't have normal conversations but more often than not, at least in my experience, it's always a lead in to discussing first sexual experiences and all of us know that was all under the age of 18. 💗

Upvote 0
I could just imagine how confuse was poor guy to get banned out of the blue after loosing his tokens in a room just to get banned for saying a such inocent thing.
I don't say it was good or not, protection it's matter all the time, But a thing like that could ruin someones day and make him think twice about spending his money on other models, esspecially if he didn't knew what you supposed he said wrong.

Upvote 0
I could just imagine how confuse was poor guy to get banned out of the blue after loosing his tokens in a room just to get banned for saying a such inocent thing.
I don't say it was good or not, protection it's matter all the time, But a thing like that could ruin someones day and make him think twice about spending his money on other models, esspecially if he didn't knew what you supposed he said wrong.
This is what im asking for here. Im not sure about the rules and i was all the time thinking that people cant even mention that they were 13 . If im wrong , pls tell me

Upvote 0
and trust me that it ruined my day too thats why im here and asking how is the clear rule about this and what you all would do in my case. I can always unban and apologise yes? but i was thinking that even mentioning being minor is against tos and that wil be me or he: i wotn ban, cb ban me. This is what i was thinking that moment. But if im wrong ,tell me

Upvote 0
This is what im asking for here. Im not sure about the rules and i was all the time thinking that people cant even mention that they were 13 . If im wrong , pls tell me
So the only place it kind of mentions anything like this is here:
1711384952896.png

because it does say "and/or discussion of minors" and I guess that could be taken as if it's not allowed to mention ANY minor, even if it's one self 36 years ago? but I'm really not sure.. because it doesn't say it has to be in a sexual way that minors are discussed for it to breach this rule? (link to the appendix: https://chaturbate.com/terms/appendix-c/ )

• Helpful!
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
So the only place it kind of mentions anything like this is here:
View attachment 99656

because it does say "and/or discussion of minors" and I guess that could be taken as if it's not allowed to mention ANY minor, even if it's one self 36 years ago? but I'm really not sure.. because it doesn't say it has to be in a sexual way that minors are discussed for it to breach this rule? (link to the appendix: https://chaturbate.com/terms/appendix-c/ )
For me its clear- no discussion about minors so no mention it in any sense. Thats why i banned him but i really feel fucked up about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81 and Wuggie
Upvote 0
For me its clear- no discussion about minors so no mention it in any sense. Thats why i banned him but i really feel fucked up about it.
yea it must suck to have to ban someone if they are actually pleasant, hopefully he will not get hit with ban from the site.. and if that's the case I guess in a bit of time it would be safe to unban him? but I'm not sure??

Upvote 0
yea it must suck to have to ban someone if they are actually pleasant, hopefully he will not get hit with ban from the site.. and if that's the case I guess in a bit of time it would be safe to unban him? but I'm not sure??
I just asked support. I will let everybody know what they will say about it.

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
I really wish him to not get hit with ban from site. First he wanted send me photo with his racoon :DD I love animals and i know it wont be spmething super not proper to send this pic by him but for me : kids, animals etc i dont wanna provocate situation so i said: pls not. He was : but he is my friend and just sitting on my arm. I sakid i understand and i love every animals but i prefer to not u to send it just to make me feel safe. This guy was really fun and cool and i liked him but he wanted to share everything wit me-sending racoons, talking about his first concerts at 13. And last one was banned:(((

Upvote 0
I really wish him to not get hit with ban from site. First he wanted send me photo with his racoon :DD I love animals and i know it wont be spmething super not proper to send this pic by him but for me : kids, animals etc i dont wanna provocate situation so i said: pls not. He was : but he is my friend and just sitting on my arm. I sakid i understand and i love every animals but i prefer to not u to send it just to make me feel safe. This guy was really fun and cool and i liked him but he wanted to share everything wit me-sending racoons, talking about his first concerts at 13. And last one was banned:(((
Yea that actually really sucks

I have talked to support before about animals though!! and they are 100% allowed as long as nothing sexual is going on of course! I asked due to girls asking for cat pictures xD - kids, yea no pictures of that!

but it's always so good to feel secure, both as a model and user, so asking support is 100% the right thing to do I think =) and if ever in doubt, just do not accept the things.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
He is not underage now! so really there was no worries. If you feel unsafe no matter what at all is being presented in YOUR room! you make the safe call. It is a way to keep small talk down! (-;

Upvote 0
100% allowed as long as nothing sexual is going on
I'm not a fan of things being worded like this, there's too much room for interpretation imo.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
That’s out of our control and the sites are quick to punish us for things. It’s not our responsibility to people please and present everything as unicorns and fairy’s, just to keep people spending on cam services.

I don’t think it’s wise to get into that frame of mind where you feel the responsibility to act a certain way in case members stop spending on other models, I think that’s a bit over-the-top. You would be the first to go if your site had any doubt about some thing you did (innocent or not) and they would not care.

Any model can ban any user in their room for any reason, and I don’t think they should have to fear, or deal in any way, with the judgment of other models for that. Or anyone really.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and trust me that it ruined my day too thats why im here and asking how is the clear rule about this and what you all would do in my case. I can always unban and apologise yes? but i was thinking that even mentioning being minor is against tos and that wil be me or he: i wotn ban, cb ban me. This is what i was thinking that moment. But if im wrong ,tell me
few weeks ago I banned my own moderator for something similar, he told me that many years ago he took his kids ( both over 30 now ) in X holiday and I banned him for mention minors are explain him on WA about site rules etc; he actually mailed CTB and told them what I did.... and ask them if he was wrong or not, he them sent me SS witg their respons where they told him I m wrong and he s right, I unbanned him. so I can't telll you what do to or not, I did kinda same thing but seems like I was wrong and ofc ban was not out of the blue, I still talked with him on WA and arguing about who is right

Upvote 0
haha that might be right :) this is what I got told by support back then though
Thats kind of what I mean, like if you are not into something you wont know what could be classed as sexual regarding it, some people get off seeing people wear specific types of shoes...which would make waring those shoes something sexual to that person because thats what they associate it with. When it comes to rules that will get your account instantly banned I think they should be specific in what is and is not allowed.

Upvote 0
That’s out of our control and the sites are quick to punish us for things. It’s not our responsibility to people please and present everything as unicorns and fairy’s, just to keep people spending on cam services.

I don’t think it’s wise to get into that frame of mind where you feel the responsibility to act a certain way in case members stop spending on other models, I think that’s a bit over-the-top. You would be the first to go if your site had any doubt about some thing you did (innocent or not) and they would not care.

Any model can ban any user in their room for any reason, and I don’t think they should have to fear, or deal in any way, with the judgment of other models for that. Or anyone really.
ofc any model can ban anyone for anything with reason or not, and it's not about judgment, we all can have opinions if someone acted right or not, that doens't mean its judgment :)

Upvote 0
Thats kind of what I mean, like if you are not into something you wont know what could be classed as sexual regarding it, some people get off seeing people wear specific types of shoes...which would make waring those shoes something sexual to that person because thats what they associate it with. When it comes to rules that will get your account instantly banned I think they should be specific in what is and is not allowed.
Oh I 100% agree.. I never send pictures of me and the cat together.. as simple as that!

Upvote 0
ofc any model can ban anyone for anything with reason or not, and it's not about judgment, we all can have opinions if someone acted right or not, that doens't mean its judgment :)
I think that does mean judgement. I’m pretty sure that’s what judgement is.

This man is an adult, and he made a silly mistake not not, remembering the context that he was in. Sure it was more than likely innocent, but we actually don’t know. And I think that saying that it could put him off of cams for life is a) kind of silly and b) kind of playing into a guilt trip.

I’m not meaning to rip into you or attack you for this, I’m trying to highlight it because it would be helpful for you. Not to be too hard on yourself for stuff. As a model when you start feeling guilty about little things, and worrying, the predator types will pray on that. So I do respect your opinion. I’m just saying I disagree with it . And I’m trying to warn you guys about over worrying about clients who are grown adults. We are the first ones they get in trouble with these sites. Not them. We expire, they don’t.

Usually when that happens with me, and I’m thinking that it was just innocent, I give a serious verbal warning. But if the person starts arguing and getting argumentative about a verbal warning, I will ban them, because it’s not worth risking my job over someone else’s unawareness of context. These are adult sex sites. They have rules. People can’t just drop their guard and completely forget their context, and relax 100%, and say whatever comes to their mind. They need to know that, and when somebody does make a mistake, a real responsible adult will say to themself “oh man that was my mistake. I wasn’t thinking.” They will not say; “oh Cam models are all bitches. I never spending money on another cam model again.” Those are the kind of immature types we don’t need causing problems and stirring shit anyways. I just don’t want to feed into those types of guys being around, and expecting more than is fair.

And any man that pesters you for that, after the fact, maybe isn’t as good of a client, or understanding cool person.

It was his mistake. It wasn’t hers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would have done the same. Zero tolerance.

Always protect yourself no matter what. Think of it like throwing an over served person out of a bar. You legally have to do it.
And actually you did him a huge favor by sending him out before the conversation could get any worse. When he processes it he will (maybe) be more careful in other rooms as well, so it's a win-win. You get to keep broadcasting and he gets to keep chaturbating, just not in your room.

Upvote 0
It seems a bit broken on a number of levels.

It's understandable that the model would ban him based on the sheer worry of the potential consequences. Equally, the member wouldn't be wrong to feel aggrieved simply for something as innocent as mentioning that he was 13 years old in 1989.

It seems to me that poorly worded guidance, combined with probably over eager bots which scan for "forbidden words" without any appreciation of the context just put everyone in a bad position.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
It seems a bit broken on a number of levels.

It's understandable that the model would ban him based on the sheer worry of the potential consequences. Equally, the member wouldn't be wrong to feel aggrieved simply for something as innocent as mentioning that he was 13 years old in 1989.

It seems to me that poorly worded guidance, combined with probably over eager bots which scan for "forbidden words" without any appreciation of the context just put everyone in a bad position.
I can agree to this actually.. because imagine just saying "I saw Ozzy in 1989!" and then if the girl knows how old you are or asks.. then that would be fine I guess :p even though the same thing was said kind of.. it would still be fine right?

Upvote 0
Phrasing. It's important.

"I went to an Ozzy concert in 1989, had so much fun!" No ban.

Simple. Why mention your age at all? There isn't a model on Earth who gives two shits how old you are as long as you are 18+.

Upvote 0
For me and I know this is jumping to conclusions Ozzy concerts are notorious about drug/alcohol abuse and naked women as often as they could get away with it. I can totally see that convo moving into "and I was flashed for the first time." No bueno.

Hell, at the Aerosmith Nine Lives tour they were projecting flashers on the jumbo tron and it was an all ages show.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.