AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I do the right thing?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2022
Netherlands
Chaturbate Username
devl_leexxx
Okay, so I'm a lady in my early 30's and my husband is joining me on cam.

So the first night, I logged in by myself and I don't know why but that room was crickets! I set the chat only for those with tokens could chat. But no one was talking, so I ended up just sitting there watching a stream of viewers coming in and then leaving. I get that, I wasn't talking or doing anything remotely interesting enough for anyone to stick around. I kind of froze. So I waited another hour until my husband was ready to join me, (a literal push to stream again), and things did pick up.

We were dressed and chatting and being goofy and kissing etc. Really light stuff and people did start asking us some mild questions. The vibe I got from these questions was that they were testing the water and trying to get a feel for us. I saw this as a good thing.

When I finally got the tip menu working, we made a total of 71 tokens in about 4 hours. We were as worked up as the group happy to jump to the sexy stuff from hj, or bj, to toys or outright sex, but there was a huge huge feeling of "ugh... undress her already!!!!" Other than that comment, everything was so cordial and pleasant chat-wise, they were patient, and helped me set up the apps/bots for the first time - I thought that was sweet. And the first comment we got was that we were a cute couple.

But I set the tokens for 50 for a boob flash. That corset was never supposed to come off but it did. Once that was off, literally nothing happened. we were sitting there trying to keep the mood light until we reached the tip goals. After 4 hours at 3 am, I got upset. I basically had a feeling those goals wouldn't be reached if we wanted to catch a few z's so I said fine, I'm ending the stream.

Because we had everything set up and laid out, after the live stream was over, we made a video to sell today.

Did I do the right thing? No tokens or goals reached equals not doing those goal actions - as far as I'm concerned.

Dee said I ended it too quickly, but I said those guys were just fucking about trying to get us to go the whole effing hog without paying. I got pretty mad about it.

Any thoughts?

Did I do the right thing? No tokens or goals reached equals not doing those goal actions - as far as I'm concerned.

Dee said I ended it too quickly, but I said those guys were just fucking about trying to get us to go the whole effing hog without paying. I got pretty mad about it.

Any thoughts?
In my opinion, 4 hours is too long to go with making less than 100 tokens. I would have probably packed it up after 1-2 hours.

Making the video to sell was wise.

wow I feel like an ass. I just made 3 tokens total cause i didn't know how to go 'private'. I spent the last 2 hours gagging on every stupid toy I had and no tokens updated.
Might be worth it to spend some time on the site as a member (I'd make a new account and buy a small package of tokens) to learn how things work on that side.

I'm not mad at the guy (despite that I banned him after), it was totally my fault, but as a rite of passage, I now understand what happened and decided ban the word password from chat. lmfao

For what it's worth, and i know this doesn't make it better or easier for you or anyone else, just know you're not alone with this kind of thing regarding the whole password show and thinking it's a private show.
A lot of guys do this to new models and seem like they are nice and helpful etc and seem trusting especially if you see they are a Purple name, it also cements the fact "surely it's real/legit" and you just don't think or assume something bad. Even models who are from different platforms, they go to CB and then do it and get tricked. It's an absolutely horrible feeling, I am sure of this, but "you're not alone", unfortunately, and you definitely should be mad at the guy and not yourself (no one should take advantage of anyone, and certainly not someone new). Make sure you ban this guy permanently.

on Chaturbate, when you're in your room, where you see the tabs for Chat, Users, and private messages, to the right of those is the 4th tab, it's a "gear" icon/image. Click this and scroll down to click on "Edit banned/silenced users".
Now in here, you should see that guy's name (along with other people you have banned or silenced), on it should be a link to press to ban him forever/permanently, otherwise, he can come back after 30 days.

Lol, thank you all so much, I banned him, obviously. I was mad, and yet strangely calm. I think a part of me knew something was wrong, that password show went on for over a hour, so I knew it was suspect but yet didn't stop. It's as much my fault for not reading the Chaturbate warning under the box that sets passwords. Live and learn.

I'm of a mind that when the night is over and the user is banned - move on - it's over - they're gone and they ain't coming back. Why should I dwell?

Lol, thank you all so much, I banned him, obviously. I was mad, and yet strangely calm. I think a part of me knew something was wrong, that password show went on for over a hour, so I knew it was suspect but yet didn't stop. It's as much my fault for not reading the Chaturbate warning under the box that sets passwords. Live and learn.

I'm of a mind that when the night is over and the user is banned - move on - it's over - they're gone and they ain't coming back. Why should I dwell?
Dont forget to go into the chat settings under banned users and make the ban permanent, by default they become unbanned in something like 30 days.

don't worry, he's showing in the permanantly banned section
I've got another question but not sure if theres an existing thread or if i should post a new one. I'm four days in on chaturbate, and have already lost my 'new' status. I logged in last night with a plan of attack for a truth or dare game.. its was cheap too (20 Truth - 50 30 sec dare). Not one person chatted, even the grays! So after 30 mins i switched it up - new goal, new tip menu, an oil/glass toy show. I worked hard to try and tease them into playing but after another hour of nothing, I said I was going to stop the stream, then someone tipped 12tks, and i got happy and excited things were starting. But then it stopped. No one wanted to chat or engage or tip - I ended the broadcast and closed my account. I set up a new one which is already age verified for both myself and Dee (my hub/camming partner on occasion) and hoping to use the new status better this time around.

People are coming in and leaving after a second or two and its demoralising.

Am I not engaging enough?

Reactions: Steve__
I think it must be so tough starting as new in this current climate because you're experiencing all the shit side of it and not the good side!

I got lucky when I started camming last April/May and was doing quite well so that gave me a bit of motivation when things got slow last summer like you're experiencing. It's probably not you doing anything wrong at all, traffic is just down atm because members aren't coming online or if they are they're not spending - I think it's happening to most of us right now!

You could try a different site though, see if another one works better for you?

If you get to a point in the show were you want to end it sooner than later. Setup a crazyticket show (only people tipping the ticket price get to see it, or people you manually add), and put a room subject of what is going to be seen in the show, and for some period of time talk up/advertise what they are going to see in the show. Typically we would have 2 devices (one anonymous) so we could verify that the anonymous device went offline/black when the show started.

When I was doing couples shows and we wanted to finish we would setup that, and then do the show and be done for the night. Sometimes no one tips for a ticket until the show starts, sometimes you have tippers ahead of time. The lower you set the ticket price the more viewers you will have. We typically did 10-25tk depending on what was going to be shown in the show and always got a few viewers.

It does give a defined end, ie xx minutes to the show, and a 5-30 minute show and offline.

don't worry, he's showing in the permanantly banned section
I've got another question but not sure if theres an existing thread or if i should post a new one. I'm four days in on chaturbate, and have already lost my 'new' status. I logged in last night with a plan of attack for a truth or dare game.. its was cheap too (20 Truth - 50 30 sec dare). Not one person chatted, even the grays! So after 30 mins i switched it up - new goal, new tip menu, an oil/glass toy show. I worked hard to try and tease them into playing but after another hour of nothing, I said I was going to stop the stream, then someone tipped 12tks, and i got happy and excited things were starting. But then it stopped. No one wanted to chat or engage or tip - I ended the broadcast and closed my account. I set up a new one which is already age verified for both myself and Dee (my hub/camming partner on occasion) and hoping to use the new status better this time around.

Am I not engaging enough?

Am I not engaging enough?....

Please do not worry about that, I am a member of mfc for about 7 yrs, we all have our very individual taste in models and we check out a room to see if the model fits our type. Some guys go into a rom to see if a show is about to start or if someone tips for a nude flash etc. and then leave if nothing is happening.

I know it must be hard, even soul destroying at times, however as best you can please do not take it personally. As I am sure you realise, some members WILL like you, even adore you, however not all will, just keep going and you will slowly accumulate a few nice regulars. It seems to be the models that cam regularly and have menu's/targets/goals seem to do ok.

It's the old saying...some will like you, some won't.....next! And there will always be a 'next'.
I wish you all the luck in the world.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.