AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dissapointed with Payoneer :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012
This has nothing to do with camming I know, but since lots of us get payed with Payoneer...For unknown reasons today it appears that I owe money to Payoneer..YES OWE. yesterday I have more than 600+ in my card balance and today it appears 0% balance and that I owe 460 dollars to Payoneer...is not a bug, is not an error, I called them and they answer me that they don't know why this happened or why I owe money (since is a debit not a credit card) but that I DO need to pay it I havent done anything wrong here, and I'm very disappointed...I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else cause is not funny this morning I receive 2 deposit and Payoneer take it for them, to lower the debt I have with them??? what debt???

Nevermind, I'm just so sad right now...I wish I can use another way to get my payment from webcaming, since I cannot take checks (in my country they don't accept checks from outside)....so this is very very bad, I dont want to be again charged, or that my money disappear (like already did) or some weird thing with Payoneer.

You know what? Whenever I pay for something with my Payoneer card, the transaction shows up right away on my online statement. Last week I bought my son two books from a book fair using my Payoneer card, and everyday I kept checking online to see if the transaction had showed up yet. It hadn't, but it JUST showed up on the online statement like yesterday.

I like for my transactions to be over and done with asap. That's why I can't stand writing checks. If I write a check for Lifetouch School Portraits, you never know if they'll take out the money right away or weeks later. Dammit, just take my money so it can be over and done with, and I don't have to think about it anymore. LOL.

I'm sure these prepaid cards have some sort of online statement. I would request a screenshot, but I realise that it may compromise your identity so I'm just suggesting that you should take a close look at it yourself first. Did you take out the money, and got charged back by the website you're using?

Aisha, check your PM's. :)

wow thats super strange .. ive used payoneer over a year and it will deny my card if there isnt enough on there to cover the purchase.

All i can think is charge backs ( meaning the card was most likely fraud that paid you) and your responsible for the money.

Yes, payoneer as an online statement where it shows up all the transaction maded on your card. Well, I called support and the problem why I owe $465 is for the following:

* I bought and airline ticket on February 8 2012 for $1,177 dollars, at that time I have available on my payoneer account $1,400 dollars, so the payment was instant, and the whole $1,177 where deducted from my payoneer balance and it was showed inside the transaction history too as cashed and deducted, and I got an email from the Airliner company (I still have that email) where it said the payment was maded, and the ticket was confirmed.

* Well, lastnight I login to payoneer since I have a load deposit to accept to my account, so last night I saw I have available $715 dollars on my balance. This morning I went to buy some clothes and when I was going to paid, I couldn't my card was out of balance (and I was going to pay $50 bucks) I return home, login to my payoneer and see that all my $715 were dissappear from my balance, and that I owe to Payoneer $465 bucks, I went to my transaction history and what I saw was, that the airplane ticket I bought on February 8 2012 was payed yesterday night again (cashed twice?) so I tried to view my February transaction history and the deducted money from this air plane ticket maded on February had dissappear completely like it never happened...and showed up yesterday night like if I bought the ticket yesterday (and I bought it 1 month ago!!! and it was cashed and deducted but it has been deleted from my payoneer history of February like it never happened).

I called Payoneer support, and yes I have to paid the debt to them of $465 so every deposit I get goes to that debt. I just dont want this to happen again to me...I called the Airlines company and they told me they cashed the money on February 8 2012 that's the date their system has as been payed, and they don't have any records of payments for that air ticket on yesterday...

So...I don't know, I just dont want this to happen again to me. Yesterday I had $715 on my card balance and today I have 0% balance and a debt of $465 (well $239 since I got a deposit this morning of 220).

You shouldn't be using your Payoneer card for large purchases like that. You should be using your real cards - they provide much more protection.

I'm not sure how they've managed to get a second payment - did they reimburse you the money before taking it the second time? I'm sure they couldn't have taken it as an additional transaction because it would be rejected if it didn't have sufficient funds. I'm wondering whether you have actually received it back, spent it, and it's claiming your money again now.

I don't know honestly, usually I dont check too much my payoneer balance (unless I have to load some new deposit transaction) but as far as I know, I havent ask or demand the airline company the money back (in fact the ticket still available since my trip is on March 16) I don't know what had happened...I just though it was a debit card not a credit card and $465 as owed..wow..i didn't know that was possible.

It is a startling reality. If you've got an overdue payment that automatically takes funds out - many of the times, the bank wouldn't automatically reject the payment because at the time, it would have passed through the 'does my bank have funds?' thing. This includes prepaid cards, like Payoneer.

If you're clearly a victim here, then pm the administrators to see the specifics of your case. I don't think we know enough to really give you any meaningful advice.

Sorry about that.

hornygods said:
You shouldn't be using your Payoneer card for large purchases like that.

When using a Payoneer card, you have to deal with a lot of fees. It's been said that it's better for the cardholder to just keep as much money as possible on the card and use it for purchases, as opposed to making multiple ATM withdrawals.

If you're one of those people who likes to have cash on you all the time and you're constantly making ATM withdrawals, you're gonna have a lot of fees taken out. You're better off using the Payoneer debit cashback option (at Dollar Tree, you can do a cashback of $10, $20, or $50) to get the cash AND not have to deal with as many fees.

Ever since getting a Payoneer card, I hardly need to use my bank's checking account anymore, plus I hate writing checks anyway.

I will keep in mind to not purcharse big things with payoneer card. I'm gona stay expending not more than $100 bucks daily, is safer this way and this sort of inconvenience wouldn't happen to me (or I hope).

The_Brown_Fox said:
hornygods said:
You shouldn't be using your Payoneer card for large purchases like that.

When using a Payoneer card, you have to deal with a lot of fees. It's been said that it's better for the cardholder to just keep as much money as possible on the card and use it for purchases, as opposed to making multiple ATM withdrawals.

If you're one of those people who likes to have cash on you all the time and you're constantly making ATM withdrawals, you're gonna have a lot of fees taken out. You're better off using the Payoneer debit cashback option (at Dollar Tree, you can do a cashback of $10, $20, or $50) to get the cash AND not have to deal with as many fees.

Ever since getting a Payoneer card, I hardly need to use my bank's checking account anymore, plus I hate writing checks anyway.

In the case of this specific kind of purchase, the trade-off was rather big - a risk of losing a lot of money. I'm pretty certain that ATM fees are fixed, so it shouldn't have cost too much to transfer the funds to a bank account, and thus paid via credit card. On a CC, there's much more consumer protection, so when a trade goes wrong, the bank could investigate and return the money.

I'm not sure what law the US works on, but in the UK, 'Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act' means that the banks are just as liable to repaying you as the retailer is.

aisha said:
I will keep in mind to not purcharse big things with payoneer card. I'm gona stay expending not more than $100 bucks daily, is safer this way and this sort of inconvenience wouldn't happen to me (or I hope).

Remember to try to avoid multiple ATM withdrawals with a Payoneer card. We were talking about this recently on another site. If you're known for going to a bunch of stores and making a few trips to the ATM (in ONE day), doing that with a Payoneer card isn't a good idea. All those fees will add up, and you'll be like "WTF? Why does it say 'insufficient funds' when I try to withdraw $200?" You'll end up going "WTF?" one day when you're trying to withdraw a certain amount and it tells you 'insufficient funds'. LOL. I make it a habit to check my card balance online right before I plan on going somewhere or ordering something.

Reactions: LadyLuna
More safety tips:

1- download your statements at least once a month. If you make a big purchase and it has gone through, screenshot the event going through, make sure it get the computer date in the screenshot so you have proof of the date on your end as well.

2- check your balance online- there's a fee for checking it at an atm. Not sure about over the phone, but online checking is free!

I just got a payoneer card, so thank you for posting this warning! I will be sure to be doing both of the above things frequently ^_^

Reactions: 1 person
Heres some things to consider:

Conversion rate.
Payoneer deals in USD, if you have a different currency, the money in your payoneer may be different from what you can actually take out

Fees
Mastercard has a fee for conversions I think, and payoneer has maintenance fees too, checking your balance and ATM withdrawals are fees. While they are small, they add up. Some businesses charge you a fee to use a card instead of cash.

Personal error
There were times where I misjudged, and spent more money than I had. I never got in trouble, Payoneer just took the difference when I got paid again and everything was fine.

Payoneer has a number you can call, where you just enter your card number and password and you can check your most current balance as well as recent transactions. I use this when Im shopping to keep track of my spending. Its easy to get carried away with cards.

Jessi said:
Heres some things to consider:

Conversion rate.
Payoneer deals in USD, if you have a different currency, the money in your payoneer may be different from what you can actually take out

Fees
Mastercard has a fee for conversions I think, and payoneer has maintenance fees too, checking your balance and ATM withdrawals are fees. While they are small, they add up. Some businesses charge you a fee to use a card instead of cash.

Personal error
There were times where I misjudged, and spent more money than I had. I never got in trouble, Payoneer just took the difference when I got paid again and everything was fine.

Payoneer has a number you can call, where you just enter your card number and password and you can check your most current balance as well as recent transactions. I use this when Im shopping to keep track of my spending. Its easy to get carried away with cards.

* I paid $1,177 dollars for an airplane ticket (the website of the airline charge me in dollars currency is an international site). I did had $1,400 dollars balance on payoneer when I bought this ticket. The airline ticket actually cost 1,155 but in payoneer it showed 1,177 (maybe some fees or something).

I can understand if maybe I spent $4 or $5 extra dollars than I don't have but almost $500 dollars???...I dont know this is confused but, I just hope I won't go through this again.

As a banker, I deal with issues like this from customers on a daily basis. This is my advice:

Keep a transaction journal. This is more accurate than your online banking statement, atm balance, what the phone rep told you, etc... Many merchants dont process transaction instantly. This results in things not coming out when you think they should have. Always right your transactions down.
Round up in your transaction journal. This will help you build a cushion in your account for those oops moments. For instance if you spend 7.49, write down 8.00.
Keep track of current fees. Banks change fees often. Read your mail because this is usually the way new fees are communicated.
Be aware of hold amounts, particularly with gas stations, hotels, and formal wear stores. They are notorious for adding hold amounts. These amounts will fall off of your account but could cause overdrafts when they are pending.
Most importantly have a "safe amount" that you never go below. Consider this your Zero balance. If it is only $50, try to keep that in your account at all times.

This was posted on another forum as well, so I'm just going to copy/paste what I posted there:

I would firstly like to apologize to the OP for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and I'd like to take a moment and explain what happened (I removed the amounts and any sensitive account information).

- On February 8 2012 there was a pre-authorization in the amount of $XXXX. A pre-authorization is a temporary hold on funds, made by a merchant to confirm that a payment method is valid before completing a transaction. This charge was made with an expiration of 7 business days, which means if the merchant does complete the charge within this time period the pre-authorization will expire and the funds will be released to the account.

- On February 17 2012 (7 business days following the charge) the pre-authorization of $XXXX expired and the funds were released to the account. At this point, the merchant had yet to issue a new charge.

- On March 8 2012 the merchant charged the account in the amount of $XXXX. This was a charge for services already rendered and pre-authorized, so although there were not sufficient funds at the time the charge was force posted.

When making a purchase, the funds are first pre-authorized and then charged by the merchant. This process normally happens within seconds, so you never see it. In some cases, a merchant will not process the charge right away, and so you will see a pre-authorization charge pending for several days before the charge is posted to your account.

In regards to a negative balance, I'll copy here what I wrote on the Payoneer official support thread:

The Payoneer card is a prepaid debit MasterCard card. This means that you cannot use more than what is available on the card. Payoneer declines all charges that would exceed your available card balance.

In rare situations, however, merchants can "force post" a charge. This would happen with a merchant charging a card for services already given (such as banks, hotels, restaurants).

If your balance goes into the negative, Payoneer doesn't charge you a fee. As I said, it's extremely rare and we don't normally allow it. As long as the account is loaded with funds within a couple of weeks, it won't negatively affect your account in any way.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion caused by this issue, and hope I was able to clear things up. If anyone has any questions at all, don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

Thanks,

You're lucky the pre-auth was only 7 days, last time I had a virtual CC rejected the merchant held onto the money in pre-auth for 30 days...

To add, the length of the pre-auth is determined by the merchant, not Payoneer. Also, in this case, it was a valid charge, the merchant simply didn't process it until March 8. You'd have to contact the merchant to find out why, Payoneer has no control over this.

Is ok Nissim, I'm sorry that I had cause all this problem, today I had learned something new :) and I will definetely keep it in mind so this probably won't happen again to me. I did called the merchant yesterday and they confused me more when they answer ohhh we charge on February 8 that's what our system said, and payoneer support when I called them ohhh i dont know why this had happened, but you need to paid the negative balance...so all this together get me a little shock and confused.

But I'm very glad you cleared out more for me, I will put more attention next time and of course I will follow wife2mikejh advise, is kinda hard work to be following transactions and validations and things like that, but I need to paid more attention to my earnings definetely and in what they're use to.

Thanks to all in advanced, and I'm sorry if I created some temporal negative view of payoneer.

There's no need to apologize, and I completely understand your wanting to be 100% clear with your account status and balance. I'm glad I was able to help clear up the issue.

This often happens to me with MGF and gas station purchases. It'll show as the funds being taken out of your account at first, but then a few days later the money will be back in your account for a few hours before they truly take it out. It's definitely something everybody with a debit/credit card should be aware of!

Status
Not open for further replies.