AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do men 'baby talk'?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
Everyone's seen when a woman's been around or only been talking with little kids for far to long and returns to talking to adults sometimes they get stuck using the 'baby talking' tone. As a guy maybe I've never noticed it but do women notice if men also can get stuck 'baby talking' for the same reason. Do you feel the tone is different for men?

A lot of people are like this when in stressful situations. It doesn't necessarily mean trauma or abuse (though it can) so much as they likely never quite learned how to deal with them. Because of this, they will regress as a means of feeling that if they do so someone may relieve them of the anxiety.

I get a lot of members who do this. They tend to be a bit more self-conscious with sexual conversation so they regress as to make it not feel so serious.

I do quite a lot of Domme work these days and I have a few subs who are totally into being talked to like babies, but they aren't baby talking back to me. I've made a couple baby talk clips that sell quite a lot so it's definitely a fetish for certain men who want to be "mommied" and regress back to that stage in their life where they were made to feel small. As far as men doing the baby talking, I know when I was camming there were a couple guys who would pay for cam2cam just so they could show me their diaper butts and act like whiny little brats until they got kicked out my room for being too needy and annoying. To each their own. LOL

Me either.
But dogs on the other hand...
"OMG WHO'S A GOOD BOOYYYY YESSSS YOU'RE A GOOD BOYYYYY"
Guilty...

I baby-talk the hell out of dogs, cats, and anything else someone might keep as a pet. But babies? Ew don't give that to me, I don't wanna hold it!

Reactions: Fatquack
I could never get on-board with this one (insofar as camming/adult content goes). Something about baby-talking another man just gives me the creeps, makes me feel all gross inside. I've heard the same from other models.

I suppose I first realized it when I had a guy on Chaturbate start calling me "daddy" in public chat - and it wasn't a domination thing, but more of an adult-baby fetish. He was saying stuff about how my "furry chest" looked so "safe and warm and strong" and that he wanted to feel "safe and sound, protected in my huge, hairy pecs". That sent me over the edge (in a bad way) and I banned him. I should also note he was a gray and had zero intentions of tipping. I can't get intimate or lovey dovey with my clients/viewers - not only does it feel wrong because I'm married, but I'm also not gay sooo yeah...

After that, I KNEW I was never going to be able to do the baby-talk/Daddy thing in a sexual capacity

I think we instinctively speak in higher tones because babies can hear those more easily. I've noticed that women do Baby Talk when interacting with any baby, but men do it only with babies they feel comfortable around. Dads, grandfathers, and uncles will raise their pitch higher to interact with the babies in their own family. Women will do it to a strange baby in the grocery store.

I think you use Baby Talk when you're in a caretaker mindset and want to disarm the person or animal. I used to talk to my cat this way, but now that I have a human baby, he no longer gets that voice. It feels weird to treat him that way now. He's 20 years old. I realize now that I thought of him as my baby and that's why I talked to him that way. I also learned cats meows mimic that of a human baby and they do it to gain our care so... That's interesting.

Reactions: Miss_Pixie and Gen
I'm so confused.

Are we talking about talking in high pitched cute tones or age play.

I don't even know what's going on in this thread :haha:

It's all of it. You're hearing the manifestation of the exact same thing in different forms and situations. To me it's what makes it so interesting because its a pathological instinct that's built into all of us that comes out under so many situations and how some people enjoy it and other are repulsed by it. Maybe you could dumb it down to 'verbal smothering or nurturing'. I for one am in the side that doesn't like it and feels like it's treating someone or something as emotionally inferior but I don't even know if that's because I was born to think this way or not. My mom used to tell me I would cry if someone would raise their pitch talking to me as a baby I would only find things like making funny faces and tickling as cheering me up. I always treated my pets as loyal subordinates and feel people that don't train their pets as irresponsible owners. At the same token I don't see student/teacher as age play as much as power play.

Me either.
But dogs on the other hand...
"OMG WHO'S A GOOD BOOYYYY YESSSS YOU'RE A GOOD BOYYYYY"
Guilty...

Hahahaha same here. I actually look at people with that "what the hell are you doing" expression when they do it with their human baby (i say human because we dog/cat lovers call them our baby)... but then I am like it with my dog - even she gives me the "wtf" look and wants me to stop, but sorry I can not and never will... :D

but then I am like it with my dog - even she gives me the "wtf" look and wants me to stop,

But she needs to be told that she's a good girl! Just like my cat needs to be told that she's pretty, and sweet, and my darling. My other cat, meh, he's an asshole a lot of the time, I'm not telling him any lies. He's a great cuddler when he's behaved, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.