AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do models have the option to be notified when a user logs in?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2022
With any model I have favorited I have the option of getting alerts when they start to broadcast. Do models have any similar functionality?

I have had the experience more often lately of models PMing me immediately after I log in and am wondering if models have the option to get an alert when certain users log in or if some of these models just have slower traffic and are kind of mining previous tippers (in all these cases they are lower volume or newer models who I have tipped smallish but not insignificant amounts) and seeing the green light from their friends list, PM chatbox, etc.

Just curious. If it were, for example, an option to get a user log in notification with friends I might be more selective about which friend requests I accept.

Is keeping an eye on your Friends list an unusual thing on Stripchat? I haven't used it all that much but on most sites that have the ability to add other users to friends lists they're front and center.

Upvote 0
Is keeping an eye on your Friends list an unusual thing on Stripchat? I haven't used it all that much but on most sites that have the ability to add other users to friends lists they're front and center.
It's a good point. I think it is the timing of the messages that feels a little weird. If I got a PM sometime during the day that would be one thing but to get a couple within seconds of login on just hits me differently. I know this is like .00001% the level of creepiness models endure on the daily though

Also, not sure how long the average model's friends list is - I'm sure it is a whole lot longer than mine if they use it a lot. I also don't know how they are organized or if that is changeable - mine looks like it is in order of when the model joined SC

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
Not sure, I never really look at it. I've over 400 people on there and to go through that finding a particular person to see if they're online sounds like a hassle to me. If they're online when I'm doing a show, they may or may not come to my room and that's how I know, otherwise, I don't really care.

Upvote 0
Not sure, I never really look at it. I've over 400 people on there and to go through that finding a particular person to see if they're online sounds like a hassle to me. If they're online when I'm doing a show, they may or may not come to my room and that's how I know, otherwise, I don't really care.
This is pretty much what I expected every model's perspective to be. You live, you learn I guess

Upvote 0
This is pretty much what I expected every model's perspective to be. You live, you learn I guess
I guess if the models are picky with who they accept requests from, with smaller lists it would be easier to find who is online. Or if they've spoken to this member before in PM, their inbox is nearly empty, all they have to do is open the inbox and see. But to message members the second they get on, is a bit much and the inbox_ friend list would have to be open and the model sst there staring at the thing to see it instantly which is quite creepy imo

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I guess if the models are picky with who they accept requests from, with smaller lists it would be easier to find who is online. Or if they've spoken to this member before in PM, their inbox is nearly empty, all they have to do is open the inbox and see. But to message members the second they get on, is a bit much and the inbox_ friend list would have to be open and the model sst there staring at the thing to see it instantly which is quite creepy imo
yeah, I don't get the idea the ones I am talking about are super picky. I think they use the friend function liberally (not that there is anything wrong with that)

This may not be your experience, as you seem to be very well established, but what I see at SC is a lot of models who are struggling to make money. Either low volume rooms or ones with one whale type propping them up where if you took them out of the equation it would be a bad night. It is not that uncommon for a person to tip, say 150-200 tokens and be king of the room with the next tipper being in the teens. I haven't been around long enough if this just is because of unusually low volume right now or if it has always been like this for a subset of models.

Point being, I think some models may just be getting a little more aggressive cultivating users who have proven they will tip more than a couple 1-token tips out of necessity. I can't really fault them, but at the same time as the user it just feels a little weird to have someone(s) essentially watching for you to log on so they can try and get me (and more importantly my tokens) to visit their room

Reactions: Life_Happens
Upvote 0
yeah, I don't get the idea the ones I am talking about are super picky. I think they use the friend function liberally (not that there is anything wrong with that)

This may not be your experience, as you seem to be very well established, but what I see at SC is a lot of models who are struggling to make money. Either low volume rooms or ones with one whale type propping them up where if you took them out of the equation it would be a bad night. It is not that uncommon for a person to tip, say 150-200 tokens and be king of the room with the next tipper being in the teens. I haven't been around long enough if this just is because of unusually low volume right now or if it has always been like this for a subset of models.

Point being, I think some models may just be getting a little more aggressive cultivating users who have proven they will tip more than a couple 1-token tips out of necessity. I can't really fault them, but at the same time as the user it just feels a little weird to have someone(s) essentially watching for you to log on so they can try and get me (and more importantly my tokens) to visit their room
I accept the requests from basically anyone that sends one, apart from a few individuals with really offensive usernames or those who have been a pain during my show by being rude/demanding.

My room is definitely low traffic room and without my regs I wouldn't be doing what I am. There has been a lot of times where I near enough begged someone to at least chat to me in public chat, and it was just crickets through the whole show so I logged off early. But there has also been days where I got a lot of random people come in and tip a lot. Its really a hit or miss, depends on the day, time, season,...

Summers (not me, I think I'm pretty fast 😭😆) are very very slow in general from what I could manage to make out from previous posts here/reddit or from what I talked about with my model friends.

It does make sense - weather is nice, people go on holidays and spend a lot of money there + spend more time with families, kids are off school, etc. But I think it should pick up soon again. Saying that, the economy is pretty bad so, who knows what will happen by the end of this year.

Also, there are a lot of covid models that wanted to make quick money, a whole lot of hobby models who do it just for fun and a bit of extra cash and part time models, and a lot of them don't really care what they're doing/don't know much so the prices are either really low, or they do free full on shows, etc.etc. ( NOT ALL, not looking for beef here) so they do make things a bit harder for models who take this really seriously. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I personally never did and never will message people to get them in my room because the stream is slow, I find it tacky and like the only time I care about that member is when I'm not doing so well and I want them to come in and tip me. That's a big no for me. But I do understand some of the models do it, some are successful doing that and some are not( I think, mostly not but that's again my opinion). Same thing being models coming into my stream messaging the King of the room or highest daily tippers trying to get them to their room. Not cool, and really doesn't work, they're in my room tipping for a reason, I'm sure if they were interested in the model messaging them, they'd already be there.

Upvote 0
With any model I have favorited I have the option of getting alerts when they start to broadcast. Do models have any similar functionality?

The models have no special notifications when a particular user visits the site.

But (!) in their statistics, models can see who is online from those users who have previously left at least a token in their chats.

I suppose that many chathosts use this option to PM those members who have previously expressed gratitude in tokens.

Upvote 0
The models have no special notifications when a particular user visits the site.

But (!) in their statistics, models can see who is online from those users who have previously left at least a token in their chats.

I suppose that many chathosts use this option to PM those members who have previously expressed gratitude in tokens.
This sounds much easier than looking at a friends list and probably is what is going on in my case

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
From what I remember...when a member is currently online on SC, the model will see a green dot beside his name, regardless of if he's on her friends list or not. If we've previously had a PM from him before, we can just go look at our PM message history from that member to see if he currently has the green dot beside his name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.