AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do studios charge models for giving out personal information?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2021
I am 26 years old, normally use cam sites when I'm bored, stressed, or just looking for someone to talk to/like the conversation in free chat when Tinder/Hinge are slow. In private, I talk and flirt. I don't really use these sites for sex, that's weird. I know, I know. Anyway, every once in awhile I'll meet someone on these sites and the conversation flows and we start texting and videochatting offline. A lot of the women on these sites are surprisingly normal women, same issues/life struggles/aspirations, different country. I'll either fly them out or fly to them.

I recently I started talking to one who is great, my age. She is Romanian, actually travels, has a visa to the US (I've seen pictures of her), basically isn't absolutely desperate, and is a few weeks into camming, and is doing it primarily to pay for a family members medical bills. She really didn't want to talk outside the site, due to wanting to earn money to pay off the bills, but she said she was interested. She also said models usually get fined big money like $500+ from studios or fired if they find out. So I asked if she would do 10 minutes outside the site daily, if she wasn't into me, no hard feelings, and I would help a bit with some bills. That's when she agreed, and said she thinks I'm a player but wants to be prove herself right.
So two things happened, she asked me for my number in the inbox which I thought was weird, as opposed to messaging me on instagram.

So we've been texting and videochatting. She's been surprisingly talking and calling me more than I thought, without me asking, like multiple times a day, our calls last over 20-30 minutes, she's also helping me apartment search. She seems pretty normal, and has said the same about me. No red flags honestly. But a few days later, she's upset and said the studio found out, despite her deleting the messages. (As a tech guy, its a bit funny people still think deleting a message online actually deletes it, as if the site isn't changing the visibility or backing it up.) Now they are taking 95% of her pay for this cycle. She's asking if I can give her the money which was going to be used to pay for the health treatment/health worker. I don't feel comfortable sending hundreds of dollars to someone I just started talking to and haven't even met. I feel guilty but she knew the risks, and chose not to message me on instagram like I kept asking for or asked me to go private for a minute which would have had no paper trail. Also this sounds kind of like a romance scam where all the sudden your asked for money or they stop talking to you. Like I agreed to help with medical bills because after losing over $100k last year and struggling since, I realized how privileged I was compared to the average American and person internationally. She said almost no one knows what she does, but they know she's working so asking for help would lead to uncomfortable questions, and that borrowing money is somewhat frowned upon there. She was sad for a bit, but kept talking to me and didn't bring it up until a few days later because the therapist is supposed to get paid Monday and she doesn't have the money.

Do studios really take money from models who exchange contact information with guys?
Do you think this is real or am I getting played?

• Hugs
Reactions: Violet Dawn
More likely the site will eventually permanently ban the model, sometimes on the first offence (and possibly with her the entire studio). Since Fosta laws and sex trafficking rules were implemented sites have become super strict. Because of this exchanging contact info is often treated the same as prostitution and could take the site under with it. I guarantee no matter if the model is a high earner or not, the site will do a permanent ban rather than risk legal issues. For instance very single time we stream on Streamate we have to check boxes to agree that we are camming of our own free will and that we will not exchange contact info or plan outside meetings.

As far as asking for money outside the site, you're getting played. No need to elaborate on this much, just read some of the experiences on here. I hate it when models do that, ugh. So unprofessional.

I don't really use these sites for sex, that's weird.

According to your first post here...

...along with what you've said here, it seems like you use camsites like they're dating sites, which is infinitely more weird than transactional virtual sex acts or just wanting someone to chat purely online with no intentions of ever meeting irl. If you want to find women to meet/fuck/date, go to sites for that. Not sites where people are trying to work and make a living.

Anyway, yes, you're probably getting played.

Also....

A lot of the women on these sites are surprisingly normal women

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

Cam sites have strict rules about contact, what you and she are doing would lose her and your account. It's usually in the terms and conditions, you are both at risk. OK not your job but the rules are there to protect everyone - the site, her from stalking and harassment, abuse, you from abuse, blackmail, financial fraud, coercion.

One of the frustrating things for performers is repeatedly saying 'No we cannot talk about this', several times an hour. I've not read all the details of your post but I encourage you to think about what you are doing.

According to your first post here...

...along with what you've said here, it seems like you use camsites like they're dating sites, which is infinitely more weird than transactional virtual sex acts or just wanting someone to chat purely online with no intentions of ever meeting irl. If you want to find women to meet/fuck/date, go to sites for that. Not sites where people are trying to work and make a living.

Anyway, yes, you're probably getting played.

Also....

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF
I had a lot of time in 2020 and was on these sites more than I've ever been and started realizing trends. Plus there seems to be increasing demand for guys looking to fulfill this fantasize thanks to shows like 90 day fiance, so I've been trying to figure out a way to sell what I've learned over the years on my own and from women I've talked to/dated who do this. Onlyfans and Youtube are big business so I think it could work as a side hustle if a community develops with little customer acquisition costs. The problem with YouTube is I don't want to be that guy. I don't want people to look me up and see I'm associated with all that, which is why I haven't done it. But guys, who aren't married, are pretty interested, especially since it would save them a ton of money.

I had a lot of time in 2020 and was on these sites more than I've ever been and started realizing trends

I've been trying to figure out a way to sell what I've learned over the years on my own and from women I've talked to/dated who do this.

I don't want people to look me up and see I'm associated with all that, which is why I haven't done it.
Dunno, that earlier thread does not seem to align with this one.
Maybe I'm just not picking up what you're putting down.
But from the above quoted comments, you seem to think you've become an expert (in a very short time) in a subject area that you expect to cash in on, yet don't want to be associated with?
Sounds pretty arrogant and disrespectful to me.

I had a lot of time in 2020 and was on these sites more than I've ever been and started realizing trends. Plus there seems to be increasing demand for guys looking to fulfill this fantasize thanks to shows like 90 day fiance, so I've been trying to figure out a way to sell what I've learned over the years on my own and from women I've talked to/dated who do this. Onlyfans and Youtube are big business so I think it could work as a side hustle if a community develops with little customer acquisition costs. The problem with YouTube is I don't want to be that guy. I don't want people to look me up and see I'm associated with all that, which is why I haven't done it. But guys, who aren't married, are pretty interested, especially since it would save them a ton of money.
So you want to be some cammodel PUA.

Ew.

Guess what? When you use the sites in the way it's intended and how it's explained, you won't have these damn problems.

Pay a model for the entertainment you enjoy
Follow the damn TOS
Don't be one of those dudes who thinks he can profit off the work of others and look down on the industry you have no problem using and exploit.

And issue solved.

If you don't think the model is completely playing you... It's out of a playbook. Studios want their cut and they don't put up with bullshit. She would have been banned. Depending on the studio it's probably a common scam that they're in on and she wants you to pay the missing money in tokens or she gives the studio a kickback for every sucker.

Now I have read the entire post, you are likely being played.

Who gave who's contact details first?

It takes two and this is a great case for customers to realise the site T&Cs apply to them too, and for very good reason.

Reactions: MarieElise
So do studios actually fine models for giving out info? I'm actually pretty interested in this woman, she hasn't really given me any reason not to trust her but I'm a bit skeptical since I can't seem to get a concrete answer. My friend down the street who does this kind of work is calling bullshit on her story, while other models say some managers and studios are wildly different.

So do studios actually fine models for giving out info? I'm actually pretty interested in this woman, she hasn't really given me any reason not to trust her but I'm a bit skeptical since I can't seem to get a concrete answer. My friend down the street who does this kind of work is calling bullshit on her story, while other models say some managers and studios are wildly different.
If you can't get a concrete answer, then the answer is probably getting hustled.

Lol stop harassing models trying to work. Why isn't your friend down the street who cams isnt telling ya to knock it off?

You are in the viper pit my dude.

They fire models for that, so it's possible. That doesn't mean her story is legit.
Also studio monitors are probably watching all of your chats\sessions with her via something like TeamViewer

99% of the time one of these studio models brings up some sob story about needing you to give them money, you're getting played.
it may not even be them doing it, and could be a rogue studio monitor :giggle:

I am worried that you are so concerned about the studio fine thing, you shouldn't be sending money regardless

If you can't get a concrete answer, then the answer is probably getting hustled.

Lol stop harassing models trying to work. Why isn't your friend down the street who cams isnt telling ya to knock it off?

You are in the viper pit my dude.
My friend doesn't see anything wrong with it. She did warn me that guys who don't use it for sex are usually perfect targets so be careful.
I go private for about 15, 30, and 60 minutes, and just talk and flirt 90% of the time, so they are getting paid. Just because I get a persons number and we videochat, doesn't mean it goes anywhere. A few I'm still friends with. And a few, I've turned down the opportunity to meet them, or vice versa. It's not as if I'm hitting up every model.

My friend doesn't see anything wrong with it. She did warn me that guys who don't use it for sex are usually perfect targets so be careful.
I go private for about 15, 30, and 60 minutes, and just talk and flirt 90% of the time, so they are getting paid. Just because I get a persons number and we videochat, doesn't mean it goes anywhere. A few I'm still friends with. And a few, I've turned down the opportunity to meet them, or vice versa. It's not as if I'm hitting up every model.
okay henry, keep swimming in the viper pit. you are going to keep getting hustled.

Status
Not open for further replies.