AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you believe that rape culture is real?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled "rape culture" and the definition that came up was: a society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.

If I go with that I would have to say that I believe rape culture exists and I believe in the concept.

I see the likes of Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky/Penn State, Brock Turner/Judge Aaron Persky, the Catholic church, the Boy Scouts and it just seems as if the crimes were trivialized. I've heard men on the street interviews with men defending Bill Cosby--shit, the guy got away with the same routine for at least 30-40 years because he could sue a person into submission and he was so popular. Penn State alumn rallied for JoePa (maybe an innocent bystander from some reports) but the guy who "snitched", broke the case open, and maybe saved some boys from harm got flak from Penn State officials and had to eventually sue them in order to make a living and no Penn State alumn rallied to his aid. Judge Persky gave Turner a rather light sentence because the judge didn't want to ruin his life. The Catholics and the boy scouts hide their heads in the sand.

Even one of the most egregious serial rapists (and eventual murderer) in the United States is someone no one has heard of ( http://www.thequesterfiles.com/night_predator_files_--_case_o.html ) with law enforcement not really working together or with a concerted effort to bring justice to the victims and their families after so many years (I guess no one currently investigating has even contacted the former lead investigator which seems odd).

There are also tons and tons of sexual assaults as part of sports hazing. I'm not sure what is up with football, but, damn, I've heard about two instances just this year, but apparently it is a thing for many years: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17507010/otl-investigation-trend-sodomy-hazing.

From what I see there is a rape culture in this country. Of course these are just a few examples. This whole thread is amazing insight into what one might consider rape and rape culture, but it sure seems like there is a rape culture.

The STATE represents the will of the culture. The culture has no problem allowing the state to investigate and prosecute rape when there's evidence or at least to investigate when it receive news of an incident.

Cosby didn't get away with it. His victims SETTLED with him for years. Sandusky was a case of nobody properly going to authorities. When someone finally said something action was fairly swift. The State isn't clairvoyant and rape is not an obvious crime. The state went after the church when news got to them.

There are murders and other crimes that have gone unsolved. This is an issue of evidence and budget. I've never met a detective in real life that wanted to let go an unsolved case. But police are part of the system and have to function under the budget of the system.

It's unfortunate but doing the "right" thing isn't always rewarded by society not just in instances of sexual abuse. We see whistle-blower persecuted all the time by society even if society benefits from the information.

The reason I don't feel there's a "rape culture" as there aren't things "unique" to this culture to define it as such. Crimes need evidence to be tried. "Rape culture" doesn't have cases where having correct evidence lead to lack of justice. (there's an argument that CAN be made about appropriate sentencing)

Society does push sex because society needs children to survive. Promoting pairing and mating is a vital part of the life cycle itself, not promoting it would doom the species. Your mom asking to be a grandmom isn't "rape culture".

I can completely agree there's a "culture of silence" for a great many things but society as a whole isn't ignoring any sort of abuse when it's in front of them.

I was replying to the person who said they didn't think I know what "red pill" means, so ???
so, I wanted to make sure that my original question...
Just got done watching the documentary "The Red Pill" (not the subreddit). Anyone else seen it?
...wasn't lost beneath a mountain of reddit nonsense.

I googled "rape culture" and the definition that came up was: a society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.
There are also tons and tons of sexual assaults as part of sports hazing...
Much of what you posted I have heard about, and it bothers the hell out of me (especially the Catholic church episode).

Now with "hazing", I understand some of it is idiotic youth. Other times, it crosses the line into clear rape. I would prefer the word be used in those cases. Not a fan of the word rape being diluted by associating it with staring at somebody or hugs. And if somebody gets forcibly penetrated against their will, I believe the word rape should be used.

This is what jumped out at me reading the ESPN story:
"“It's become much more violent, sexually, since the internet,” says psychologist Susan Lipkins, who focuses her work on hazing. She believes that kids have become desensitized to sexuality and see this form of hazing as a way to humiliate others. “And I think with each year it gets worse and worse.”

There are very interesting and intellectual approaches within the Red Pill umbrella. I suggest anyone interested in it do some research on the NRx movement, particularly Leddinh, Nick Land and Mencius Moldbug.
An observation that predates the "red pill" culture.

My little cult growing up gave me quite an indoctrination. We were taught (brainwashed) to shut out ANY opposing information. So, I was wandering around a library curious'ing my way through books one day during my early adulthood, and I stumbled across a paragraph. I understand now that it was true. Maybe on a deep logical level, I had always understood it. But what stands out in my memory is standing there with a complete sense of dread. It caught me by surprise (otherwise I might have felt anger). For several days afterwards, I felt sick. Literally sick.

I lived. But it caused me to branch out, start researching other ideas. And at one point, I came perilously close to getting sucked into (wait for it)......... :eek: Scientology. Not joking or trolling, it's the truth :hilarious:.

Maybe some people are just assholes?
I blame the J-archy. People whose names begin with the letter J.

The reason I don't feel there's a "rape culture" as there aren't things "unique" to this culture to define it as such.

Not to mention it isn't pervasive so calling it a "culture" in our society is wrong.

The only subreddit I visit EVERY day without fail is r/TheRedPill. It is by far the most interesting collection of links, discussion, theory, etc. It is a lot of EvoPsych, but I happen to love sexual evolutionary theory. I understand more about why I am attracted to the men that I am, and why I push (Read: Beg) said men for commitment so quickly. This whole process always eluded me until I realized that said men seemed 'better" than me. They appeared high in value. That is what made me want to fuck and suck them dry. I wanted them to like me! I wanted those hot, sexy, capable genes for myself!

Only thing is, if you're gonna really follow the RedPill, you gotta LIFT WEIGHTS. No excuses. That is gonna be the answer to 95% of your problems. Whenever a guy on MFC tells me he struggles with women and wants to find someone like me I tell him straight up, "You gotta lift weights." It is what it is. And it works.

TRP is not for everyone, I guess. It might be a more conservative-friendly community than most would want. I don't feel strongly pulled to either side of the ideological spectrum, as they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

The only subreddit I visit EVERY day without fail is r/TheRedPill. It is by far the most interesting collection of links, discussion, theory, etc. It is a lot of EvoPsych, but I happen to love sexual evolutionary theory. I understand more about why I am attracted to the men that I am, and why I push (Read: Beg) said men for commitment so quickly. This whole process always eluded me until I realized that said men seemed 'better" than me. They appeared high in value. That is what made me want to fuck and suck them dry. I wanted them to like me! I wanted those hot, sexy, capable genes for myself!

Only thing is, if you're gonna really follow the RedPill, you gotta LIFT WEIGHTS. No excuses. That is gonna be the answer to 95% of your problems. Whenever a guy on MFC tells me he struggles with women and wants to find someone like me I tell him straight up, "You gotta lift weights." It is what it is. And it works.

TRP is not for everyone, I guess. It might be a more conservative-friendly community than most would want. I don't feel strongly pulled to either side of the ideological spectrum, as they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Going to Reddit for Redpill will paint an incomplete picture, /r/theredpill is mostly about sexuality and PUA material. But there are many other aspects of RedPill that have nothing to do with sexuality

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
From what I see there is a rape culture in this country. Of course these are just a few examples. This whole thread is amazing insight into what one might consider rape and rape culture, but it sure seems like there is a rape culture.
How does the media portrayal stack up against what you have witnessed in communities you have lived in?

Couple of unpleasant memories popping up.
A girl living in a foster home, molested. A young man raped by a police officer. Both offenders arrested and convicted.

After the fact, I took part in some mild bullying (making fun of em). Nothing too serious, very brief, I didn't initiate it and wasn't the only one. I was young, didn't really know any better. Still, could have done without remembering it.

Last edited:
Thought this was an interesting example of what I was talking about in my last post:

Again, there's obviously a difference between how celebrities and regular folks are perceived/treated after an accusation, but it is disenheartening and weird to me that male celebs often seem to profit or do better after accusations. (Or, at the very least, not worse.)

If I go with that I would have to say that I believe rape culture exists and I believe in the concept.

I see the likes of Bill Cosby, Jerry Sandusky/Penn State, Brock Turner/Judge Aaron Persky, the Catholic church, the Boy Scouts and it just seems as if the crimes were trivialized. I've heard men on the street interviews with men defending Bill Cosby--shit, the guy got away with the same routine for at least 30-40 years because he could sue a person into submission and he was so popular. Penn State alumn rallied for JoePa (maybe an innocent bystander from some reports) but the guy who "snitched", broke the case open, and maybe saved some boys from harm got flak from Penn State officials and had to eventually sue them in order to make a living and no Penn State alumn rallied to his aid. Judge Persky gave Turner a rather light sentence because the judge didn't want to ruin his life. The Catholics and the boy scouts hide their heads in the sand.

That's a perfectly reasonable definition and those are good examples. I'm on the fence using that definition. The election of Trump and the justification some of his supporter used to excuse the "Access Hollywood Tape" does make me believe its more acceptable than I thought and certainly hoped. On the other hand for every person who came forth to try and justified Cosby, Sandsuky, the Catholic churches etc, behavior there were 100 people who condemned it. Everybody you named was ultimately punished for what they did even if the punishment seemed too light and too slow to many people. So what's the threshold for something being prevailing 1%, 10% or 51% agreeing?.

Thought this was an interesting example of what I was talking about in my last post:

Again, there's obviously a difference between how celebrities and regular folks are perceived/treated after an accusation, but it is disenheartening and weird to me that male celebs often seem to profit or do better after accusations. (Or, at the very least, not worse.)

Please.
"Ooooh they are profiting off the fact people talk about them! Must be rape culture and not the exposure".

Please.
"Ooooh they are profiting off the fact people talk about them! Must be rape culture and not the exposure".
Is "celebrity culture" culture?

Please.

Where did I say it was rape culture? I said it was an example of what I mentioned in my last post, which was that celebrities at least seem to be an exception to the rhetoric that accusations are life-ruining.

If you're going to be snarky at least try to keep up with the conversation; I also posted that I don't like the term rape culture earlier in the thread.

Where did I say it was rape culture? I said it was an example of what I mentioned in my last post, which was that celebrities at least seem to be an exception to the rhetoric that accusations are life-ruining.

If you're going to be snarky at least try to keep up with the conversation; I also posted that I don't like the term rape culture earlier in the thread.
Sorry, got a bit ahead of myself. I'm sure somebody will make that leap though, better nip that in the bud. As for celebrities having a better time than average joe - it is harder to persecute people who have the money in general. "Let me intruduce you to my great lawyers and paid judges".
And exposure of any kind can help the accused if he knows what to do with it.

But what is a celebrity culture? Celebrities are a part of the culture we are living in and I can't imagine it without them.
lol I can.

There is no avoiding them completely, you are going to see the magazine covers, the headlines, the outrageous things, the spectacle. Every now and then, you let it suck you back in for a minute. But these days, I view the whole thing about like I do Looney Tunes cartoons.

Sorry, got a bit ahead of myself. I'm sure somebody will make that leap though, better nip that in the bud.

What I find interesting though is exposure usually entails knowing what happened (unless, idk, you see Bill O'Reilly trending and are like, I forgot I wanted to read his book). So at least a chunk of those increased sales, I'd guess, are from people who know why he's being talked about.

I guess we do this in all kinds of industries though; I'll be interested to see how Pepsi does after their new controversy. (To be honest I think it's harder to hit a huge company too since they have a million other brands in their umbrella.) I'm sure it's a combo of people just seeing the name more (maybe if some O'Reilly defenders buy his book, it pops up onto more people's Amazon recommendations or something) and people who set out to support them because of the accusations.

Not the same thing exactly but when Captain America became a Hydra agent in the comics recently, it was a controversy that became seen as SJWs vs anti-PCs (or whatever the terms are) and so lots of people who otherwise weren't buying it wanted to support it to spite the SJWs, I guess? Not because they particular like HydraCap but just to show that comics shouldn't pander. I guess either way you're voting with your dollars and encouraging them to make more of what you want/less of what you don't want. I just personally can't imagine being like "the alt-right would hate it if I spent my hard earned money on this thing!", but I do see that rhetoric a lot amongst feminists too so I guess we can all use our spending power to spite each other and line the pockets of companies that'll happily take from us both, lol.

Anyway I am personally just really interested in people's buying habits and market research though so that's part of why I found it interesting. But I also think it skews the narrative about accusations, however it's obvious that regular people get treated differently than celebs. And I do personally find it disenheartening.

Also I think female celebs get the same treatment (from the examples I know of), so it's more a testament to how we view celebrities than by gender, in my opinion.

lol I can.

There is no avoiding them completely, you are going to see the magazine covers, the headlines, the outrageous things, the spectacle. Every now and then, you let it suck you back in for a minute. But these days, I view the whole thing about like I do Looney Tunes cartoons.
But what you can do, we like our living gods.

Reactions: Gen
On the friendzone, since I keep seeing it brought up and hate that term.

I have quite a few male friends. I always have. I have a lot of hobbies that guys participate more in(playing pool, long boarding, rap concerts, etc). It's so very normal for us to talk to each other about our relationships, our stresses, even our sex lives. It's also super common for us to take each other out to dinner, buy each other drinks, whatever. Being taken advantage of sucks, and I've been an emotional tampon to people before who constantly would tell me their issues, but not care about mine. It's exhausting and not boy/girl friendship exclusive.

The "friendzone" is either a dude who does not value his female friends as anything more than a sexual object or someone who has not learned how to set appropriate boundaries in his life so he doesn't get taken advantage of.

On rape culture, we joke about guys getting raped in prison, women DO still get asked what they were wearing after rape, people who were raped are taught to be ashamed and to keep it to themselves, and we have thousands of untested rape kits and some are even thrown away.

First-hand experience, yes. Oh, and it was in the middle of summer in CA. Who isn't wearing short shorts and crop tops?
I know a few girls with similar experiences, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that

I'm not naive enough to think people don't have stupid thoughts and beliefs but to actually verbalise them to a victim, jesus

Reactions: JickyJuly
Didn't care enough to argue about whether or not the friendzone is real so I made a small edit to your post to amuse myself. So meta and yes, I'm clearly easily amused.

I'M LAUGHING MY ASS OFF HOLY SHIT LMAOOOO

Is asking a woman what she was wearing after a rape wrong?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U
Is asking a woman what she was wearing after a rape wrong?
Yep. Unless it's an investigator asking for evidence reasons I think that is not something that needs to be asked. It is often implied that less clothing or "sluttier" clothing is what led to the rape. They were "asking for it" by their clothing choices. When really, you could be raped wearing a goddamn turtleneck and loose jeans. A woman's clothing choices aren't why rape happens and when people so often implies it does, I think that's pretty gross.

Yep. Unless it's an investigator asking for evidence reasons I think that is not something that needs to be asked. It is often implied that less clothing or "sluttier" clothing is what led to the rape. They were "asking for it" by their clothing choices. When really, you could be raped wearing a goddamn turtleneck and loose jeans. A woman's clothing choices aren't why rape happens and when people so often implies it does, I think that's pretty gross.

Some people could ask those questions because they are jerks but I can also understand why some people might think it is relevant, it is like asking someone who got mugged what side of town he parked in and whether he was walking alone. It isnt that you think getting mugged was his fault, but you might want to not do the same thing he did to protect yourself, and if you are the police there are details that help you reconstruct what happened.

With sexy clothes I think it is a little bit like the advice they give you when you live in a country with rampant auto theft. They tell you to put all the security systems you can to your car (I have no clue what the names are in english but this is my best attempt at translating the names): wheel bars, shift bars, power cutters, alarms, etc.. not because the robbers dont have a way to bypass it all, they do, but if there are 10 cars parked on the street they will usually pick the easiest one to rob, having 5 security systems is a deterrent because it takes a while to open your car that way.

Other things they recommended were not to drive the latest models, not to have a very state of the art music equipment and if you did, to take the panel with you, and to avoid as much as possible parking on the street... to only park inside if you value your car a lot.

So if your car got stolen people could ask you what model you drove, what security systems it had, if you parked on the street or inside. Your car can get stolen no matter how many precautions you take, but people still want to know the specifics.

You can get raped on laundry day wearing your pajamas and no make up inside your building while you were with your friend, but there are attitudes and actions that make you a better victim: walking late at night, by yourself, on a sketchy neighborhood while all dolled up and scantily clad. Asking you the specifics is not necessarily blaming you for what happened. They could also want to explain how to better take care of yourself.

That's what I was wondering about, the investigator angle.

Personally, I don't care if the encounter starts off between people clothed head-to-toe in an Amish barn, or between people strolling around naked as jaybirds at a nudist colony. Rape is still a rape. The "they were asking for it" is pretty dumb, yes. I think most sane people would agree, and I wonder how many people really believe that dress would justify or explain rape.

Sometimes things may be "implied". Other times, things may be "interpreted" that way.

I remember a daytime talk show, maybe around 1996-97 or so, listening to a woman discuss her rape. Don't even remember what show it was, but I remember that being one of the points she raised, was the investigators asking her what she was wearing. Never really thought about it until now.

This is part of what is so confusing (perhaps intentionally so) about the whole "rape culture" issue.

Reactions: Vera
What you are wearing should not be relevant (and I think mostly isn't) if you are raped by any form of a stranger, or even the guy who bought you a drink at a bar.

I do think it CAN be relevant in association with behavior. The girl who appears at a party wearing an outfit that would be sexy on MFC, flash her tits on the dance floor, kisses several guys, then disappear with a guy after a heavy makeout session to a bedroom. The next morning claims he raped her. Her outfit AND behavior would certainly suggest she was looking to get laid. It's reasonable to question did she say NO at the time or wait until the next morning.

• Helpful!
Sure. Spoilered to spare the eyes of the casual skimmers.

a harcore "GI Jane" type soldier, NCO, open lesbian. Was free to use sexist emasculating derogatory language against males. Openly and without question in front of superiors (she was nuts)

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). promptly put in charge of details. she was a mini-tyrant for no good reason, couldn't really say anything about it

female soldier cozied up to a superior (fucking him). shown favoritism within unit, given priority for advanced training over soldiers with more seniority. another mini-tyrant

female soldier, lesbian. In a barracks with 3 other females. Late night sex games started between the lesbian and 2 of the other females; the 4th female was pretty religious, didn't want to have any part of it. 4th soldier went to CO with harassment complaint after they kept pressuring her to join in, she wound up getting discharged

woman had 4 kids with 4 different men for child support. Had bragged openly about it for years, that was her plan. (amusing in a way, because I got to listen to a couple of other guys make fun of guy #5 who was madly in love with her while they tried to warn him)

man was talking about his support payments. Was working two jobs to get by, he was pointing out in his case she got to claim the kids for tax purposes, she didn't have to report the support as income, but support amount was based on his gross income

man was paying child support to ex. she was remarried, new husband had good income. started leaning on the ex for more money, she quit letting him see his daughter. He complained through legal channels, wound up having police show up at his house to question him about inappropriate behavior with his daughter. She also went after the man's live in girlfriend

woman cozied up to her boss (fucking him). started some bullying at work with other females, on again off again, using her relationship with the boss to get him involved "on her side". shit got pretty crazy

very openly promiscuous woman told female coworkers about sexual conquests. was all good, until she bragged to them about being a party girl for a frat after a wild weekend. after that, for whatever reason, they turned on her and harassed her until she quit.

woman supervisor engaged in workplace harassment (psychological). ran off a number of employees including a couple of really good ones, had numerous complaints filed against her. Used every trick in the book (including accusations of sexual harassment violations), for no apparent reason other than she needed some sort of chaos around her at all times.

Just a few of the more interesting things I have personally witnessed over the last few decades while observing female behavior. I left my stories out of it, they tend to make me write too much.

Idk if it matters, but since race has already been mentioned in this thread, all but one of the women was white.

I never really read too much into these things, some I haven't thought about for a couple of decades. I have always leaned a little toward the feminism side of things, now I am really starting to wonder how much more protection and equality this class needs.

On the documentary "the red pill", I have watched it. Some of the issues you bring up are commonly brought up by certain men. I'm not going to bother going into the army ones as I know nothing about it, and your other stories, women aren't some perfect sex. Women can do all sorts of awful things, I don't really understand what listing a bunch of nasty things some women have done has to do with anything. There are lots of men who do nasty petty things too, but if we're talking about rape and rape culture, statistically this is a problem primarily women face. Some feminists believe women are superior, but for the most part feminism is focusing on the pretty serious issues that women have to deal with and how to overcome them.

With the custody/payment plans that the parent who does not have custody has to pay...
This isn't a "women have it better" situation. If the woman doesn't want custody and the man has full custody she has to pay child support and he would get preference of the house. The courts tend to try to support the most vulnerable partner. For example if you were married to a woman who quit her job to look after your children full time, if you then choose to divorce her after the children are grown she has little chance of finding a job, especially one that will give her a pension to survive off. Partners aren't just someone you can use for sex, free childcare and house keeping and then chuck them out and enjoy your salary on your own. There is usually a choice whether to give an income or a lump sum, and this isn't anything to do with whether that person remarries.

The case you mentioned where the partner remarries and that man has a decent wage. She is still looking after the previous partners children. This is a pretty big commitment, why should her new partner pay for his childcare? Why should her change in circumstances exempt him? And if you have a custody agreement then legally she cannot stop the other parent from seeing the children without very good cause. I have known situations similar to this and in each case the man I've known didn't bother to fight it. This is their choice. This is no different if the sexes are reversed, we just hear of it more as women being favoured as more women remain in the home. If you choose joint custody then it would be a different situation, but many don't choose this.
I often hear complaints that the money goes to their ex and not the children, but if you were paying a child sitter then they would be paid a wage. Probably more than you give the ex partner. Why should a person do what is pretty much a full time job for nothing?
About 60 years ago women weren't treated fairly in courts though. There were cases where a woman had to choose whether to stay with an abusive husband or leave him and never see her children again because she wouldn't be allowed to keep them. Laws came into place to stop this from happening as it used to be a big problem.

There are plenty of issues that men face, and I take them very seriously, many of the issues effect both sexes negatively. But in the red pill/mra video they don't really address a lot of these problems. Many of the issues they talk about are that way for a good reason and don't discriminate between the sexes, a partner not being able to leave the non working parent to raise the children alone with no income or hope of finding a reasonably paid job. That seems pretty logical and it's in place to be fair. I can remember it being mentioned about if a woman wants an abortion and you want to keep it, what to do then? What is the alternative? To force a woman to go through 9 months of pregnancy and have the child when she isn't ready? Pregnancy isn't just some walk in the park, it's serious and changes your body permanently. And alternatively if the man wants her to get an abortion but she wants to keep it, what is the alternative? Unfortunately women cannot control that they have the womb, nor can men. All you can do is be careful and sleep with people you trust to have a reasonable discussion about it. These issues, they're not fixable without seriously violating a woman's choice of what happens to her body.
This is pretty much why the MRA guys aren't taken seriously, they don't generally petition for much change, it often seems to be something they use to counter issues women bring up, or just to have a moan and bitch about women. It's a weird culture which seems to be just as derogatory towards men as it is towards women. When I talk about feminist issues they are problems which cause me issues in every day life, they are issues I pretty desperately want to get better and I talk about them openly because I want to educate people. It's nothing to do with hating men, I think men have so much potential as a sex, and I see gender conditioning as being as negative to male potential as it is for female potential. I am not just sitting down grumbling about something I don't like for the sake of having a moan, I'd rather it weren't an issue I needed to talk about, but these issues are very real for me and could be changed. But I alone cannot change a culture.

I think @HiGirlsRHot mentioned that you don't see the delivery driver trying to chat up the girls, or strangers making compliments on the street as a part of rape culture. It is the way it is done. For example I have had it a few times, usually with an older gentleman when they've come up to me in the most polite way and have said "I am sorry but I had to say, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen". They say it at an appropriate distance with a friendly smile and walk off on their way. This is a compliment. It has no strings, no ulterior motive, they were just saying something lovely and moving on. This is nothing to do with rape culture.
The situations I'm talking about is when the guy approaching you has very clear ideas of sex, his motive is clear, when you act uncomfortable they completely ignore it and carry on. They might be pushy with questions, trying to engage you in a way that you would have to be very rude to end the conversation. They often stand too close in your personal space, even move to touch you. When you walk away they might follow you. If you ignore them they don't accept it. The delivery driver problem is a frustrating one, it's being forced to stand in the cold outside my house in my pjs having already paid for my food, the driver doing everything he can to keep questioning you and not giving you the food. You are forced to be there until he passes it to you. You're clearly trying to get it and he keeps it out of reach. He sounds perfectly friendly, except I am clearly not wanting to talk.

The reason I believe it's connected is because I am being forced to engage, often being made to feel uncomfortable and unsafe. The man doing this tends to be aware that the girl is not engaging or interested but does not care. He believes he can win her over or that he has the right to communicate with her and perve on her. These men often feel it's ok to touch the girl, they seem to get a kick out of it. This in many ways is not dissimilar to what is thought to be the motivations for rape. And it is very normal in culture, often seen as not being that bad. That people do not connect it with rape is a reason why it's part of rape culture, it's a common situation where women are harassed for sexual reasons and made to feel unsafe. Though no sex happens in these situations the motivation is still there. This isn't something these men do to other men.

With the custody/payment plans that the parent who does not have custody has to pay...
This isn't a "women have it better" situation. If the woman doesn't want custody and the man has full custody she has to pay child support and he would get preference of the house.

When someone points out that women and men are equal in the law, feminists will usually claim that it isn't a legal problem anymore, but women still face a lot of oppression culturally because of perceptions, discrimination, and general patterns of unfair treatment. Rape culture is the idea of these problems taken to an extreme.

But then, when someone points out that men got the shit end of the stick when it comes to custody, which is true by the way, everyone knows that no matter what the law says women will always have the advantage when it comes to custody battles, if both mother and father want custody there are really solid chances that the mother will get it even when all else is equal... when someone points this out you reply with: family law treats men and women equally!

If you can see cultural problems and favoritism towards men socially and identify this as the core problem of feminism 3.0, then you surely have the honesty to see when the problem is reversed and men are the ones getting fucked. I see both things, I just don't think of them as problems because I dont consider sexes to be equal. A child will be better of being taken care of by his mother than his father in the vast majority of cases, and men are better CEOs than women too, so to me social rules are there for perfectly fine reasons.

Also.. you use the "stay-at-home-mom" exception as the rule. The majority of women who divorce are working moms, they work, their husbands work, there is no problem with their resume, and they still make the husband pay for child support and give her the house even when the husband paid for it.

The delivery driver problem is a frustrating one, it's being forced to stand in the cold outside my house in my pjs having already paid for my food, the driver doing everything he can to keep questioning you and not giving you the food. You are forced to be there until he passes it to you. You're clearly trying to get it and he keeps it out of reach. He sounds perfectly friendly, except I am clearly not wanting to talk.

Or.... you could also tell him "please give me my food, I dont want to talk right now". He hands you your food, the end. You aren't being forced to be there by anyone other than your non-assertive self.

• Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.