AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you believe that rape culture is real?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, of course not, they are victims of false accusations...and should be compensated, and their accusers should be punished, but still it's not rape culture....any more than theft, murder or other crimes are...each crime or genre of crime is unique. This thread is about actual sexual assault--rape.
My view: rape culture is NOT rape. Rape is an individual crime, and justice is going to be an individual thing. Rape culture, on the other hand is a much broader, more ambiguous thing, and I strongly suspect that the "justice" being sought will eventually be the totalitarian/communist variety Kitsune has mentioned.

At the very least, I think letting clear cut cases like I mentioned pass unpunished could contribute to rape culture. Stories like that could foster a cynical skepticism, make it even harder for real rape victims to come forward.

edit: not arguing, so much as sharing perspective. Rate however you like, no hard feelings. Turds make me giggle with delight tho', just sayin... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: JoleneBrody
Have fun with your opinion. I don't care to argue with you. I don't mind being childish, when someone whose opinion borders on evil tries to start something. In other words, piss off.

How embarrassing. So you were just button mashing. What a clown.

My view: rape culture is NOT rape. Rape is an individual crime, and justice is going to be an individual thing. Rape culture, on the other hand is a much broader, more ambiguous thing, and I strongly suspect that the "justice" being sought will eventually be the totalitarian/communist variety Kitsune has mentioned.

At the very least, I think letting clear cut cases like I mentioned pass unpunished could contribute to rape culture. Stories like that could foster a cynical skepticism, make it even harder for real rape victims to come forward.
Interesting. I do agree that the term "rape culture" itself is ambiguous--it kind of weakens the whole meaning of "culture." Nevertheless, in spite of the technical angle of a possible malapropism, I understand what people mean by the phrase...a society in which rape is partly "normalized" by accepting minor assaults that are not technically "rape," but may lead borderline individuals going that extra step. From Donald Trump bragging about "pussy grabbing" to his followers actually assaulting people.

lmao that turd doesn't make my post any less true sadly. Enjoy your button mashing, I'll bow out.

Rape is having sex with them against their will.

You're correct here

Rape culture is just about normalising sexual violence against women (and men)

You see how broadly different both uses of rape are being used here. There are a lot of things wrong with groping and unsolicited sexual comments and physical contact but putting it all under "rape culture" You've now changed the definition. There are people that run very loose with that. Placing everything under "rape culture" put everything under the definition of "rape". "rape" becomes the new "bad touch" which doesn't meet it's own definition.

Rape is a felony and SHOULD have more evidence than hearsay to prove. Justice isn't about convenience it's about proof. My comments aren't about the legal process of rape but the media damning of the accused before due process is considered. This is what frightens people. The accuser doesn't need to prove your guilty to affect you. Term like "rape culture" expand the definition and the confusion allows social damning to take place.

Last edited:
Lets say I'm walking home alone one night and I get beat up by a group of thugs and robbed

That's very emasculating, I wouldn't like to be a victim of that

Wait.... They robbed your penis?!!! I'm not surprised you wouldn't like to be the victim of penis/balls stealing.
I really don't buy into this macho bullshit that you can have your manhood stolen from you. It only buys into the idea that your masculinity is to do with power and strength and therefore weakness or lack of control makes you lose it and therefore become a weak, subservient woman. If you get mugged then the issue shouldn't be about you being male, it would be just as horrible for a man or a woman to have that happen to them.

And from experience trying to think of things you could have done differently won't make you feel more powerful, it will drive you mad. I have been mugged and have a nasty scar to show it. There was nothing I could have done, a guy chased them who had military training, he ended up with his jaw severely fractured by the bat they were carrying. But yes, people love to blame the victim because we don't want to believe that we are all just sitting ducks. Problem is though, if as a woman you refuse to walk places alone, don't go out at night and won't spend time alone with men etc then you are accused of being paranoid and letting fear control your life. But if you don't live a cautious life and something happens you are told you could have prevented it. Stranger rape often happens during the day, it even happens in completely public places. My ex boyfriends grandmother was raped walking into her home in a retirement community. Was there really anything she could have done differently? And other rapes happen with people you trust and it's impossible to tell if someone will turn out that way. I have had some of the most amazing experiences in the world because I haven't distrusted those around me. Those situations also put me in situations where I could have been vulnerable.

Woman accused a man of sexually assaulting her. He lost his job, got locked up, his wife wound up working two jobs trying to keep from losing everything. After accusing another man, it comes out the woman is mentally unstable. She was just bullshitting pretty much for attention. First man she accused didn't get his job back. She raped him, and to a lesser extent, his family. Send this woman to jail. When she gets out, put her on a sex offender registry. But no, that didn't happen.

These situations always come up when talking to men about rape. It seems to be one of many men's biggest fear of taking rape seriously, is if a woman takes you to court and gets you put in prison when you have committed no crime. These cases do happen, and it is a horrible, horrible thing to do if you were lying. But, it is also a minority of cases. It's not easy to get a sexual assault or rape charge, you need to have sufficient evidence. And if someone pleads innocent it is a long and horrible process to go through for both parties. A lot of legitimate cases get thrown out because there isn't enough evidence of the victims memory is flawed, so I am amazed if a woman wins a case against a guy with no evidence but her own word. I have never known anyone who has been convicted or even taken to court for a sexual offence they did not commit, though I have heard a bunch of men complaining about girls claiming they've been raped by them. I have known girls claiming to be raped and people bullying them for lying (though in some of these cases I'm pretty sure they weren't). The cases I've known where I know the girl was lying she only told one or two people rather than it being public. I have known a lot of women who have been raped or sexually harassed/assaulted though.
This is how bias works though, you take a small percentage of cases (i.e. woman falsely accusing someone of rape and going through the whole court process), but because it's so shocking and scary you get it into your head it is common and a threat. Unfortunately that then makes it much harder for genuine rape victims to come forward and get a conviction, which is the real and most likely case.

Oh, and comparing that to rape is ridiculous and shows you have no idea just how horrific it is for someone to invade your body against your will. It is awful if it's done maliciously and could negatively effect their life, as well as making it much harder for those who've genuinely been raped/attacked to come forward, but it is not the same as rape. There's a reason plenty of people don't believe that going to prison is enough of a punishment for what some rapists do. Because going to prison just doesn't even compare to rape.

It makes me pretty sad to see the lack of empathy for what women have to deal with from men. You focus on a few way less common situations because they might effect you when a woman is opening up and telling you problems she faces on a daily basis. I just read through some of these posts and see the amount of defensiveness, or straight on the attack that women do it too which completely misses the point that statistically next to nothing in comparison. How can you live alongside women and never pay attention to this? How can this not be as close to your hearts as it is for me? We are your lovers, your sisters, your daughters and your mothers, and we have to deal with sexual harassment from ages as young as 12 or less because we are women. Many of us have to deal with sexual advances before we are even physically or mentally ready for sex, sometimes from men much older than us. Many women do not speak openly of such things because they can't handle the backlash and the defensiveness that comes with it. But it does happen, and I have enormous respect for those men who do not turn a blind eye to it and do not try to defend it or use it as a way to fight back and change the subject. I hope one day some of the guys posting here will evolve into those men, but right now not much is showing me that you can have a reasonable discussion about this without trying to derail it. (women falsely accusing men is nothing to do with rape culture btw and is a common derailment)

edit to add- @SMuser69 Rape and rape culture are different things. People are not saying groping is rape, just that it is a part of rape culture, just as joking about sexually assaulting women for fun is rape culture. It is apart from the act itself but is thought to lead to rape being more socially accepted and the idea of "blurred lines" being in place where it's sometimes ok to rape a woman.

For anyone who is still struggling what rape/consent is here's the tea video.

FYI, as I said in my previous post. Rape and rape culture are not the same, rape culture is that there are various cultural norms in other situations which you can see why rape could seem more acceptable. There are lots of tv shows and films etc where men have been idolised after making comments implying a lack of consent or taking a woman in a more forceful way. That's the implication of rape culture. Not rape, the culture that normalises rape.

I don't even fully understand what rape culture is or what that term even really means, its just too wooly and vague.

Maybe if there was some clear uniformally agreed definition then it would be possible to say whether or not its real. Obviously rape is real and a terrible thing but the term rape culture seems to be interpreted in so many ways by so many different people that its hard to say.

If it means literally that we have a culture where rapes still happen then the answer is yes but if its taken to mean that we have a culture where rape is expected or some sort of acceptable norm then I think the answer is no.
Examples of rape culture:
http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/03/examples-of-rape-culture/

We are speaking from two different realities, two different cultures. I am going to share mine, I hope it doesn't come across as contesting yours. I don't intend it that way.
These situations always come up when talking to men about rape...These cases do happen, and it is a horrible, horrible thing to do if you were lying. But, it is also a minority of cases...

This is how bias works though...
I don't dare say the stories I shared compare in numbers to the amount of un-prosecuted/reported rapes. But this is not a numbers game. The main problem for me is when I see the false claims simply dropped, no penalty.

If we are going to discuss rape culture, this is part of the discussion. Much like the things you shared about knowing women who grope.
Oh, and comparing that to rape is ridiculous and shows you have no idea just how horrific it is for someone to invade your body against your will. It is awful if it's done maliciously and could negatively effect their life, as well as making it much harder for those who've genuinely been raped/attacked to come forward, but it is not the same as rape. There's a reason plenty of people don't believe that going to prison is enough of a punishment for what some rapists do. Because going to prison just doesn't even compare to rape.
The second story I shared. What if I told you that he was locked up in jail with someone who had nothing to lose, someone who repeatedly assaulted and forcibly raped him over the course of several months? Would you feel differently about the story if I edit it, claim he had a vagina?

It makes me pretty sad to see the lack of empathy for what women have to deal with from men. You focus on a few way less common situations because they might effect you when a woman is opening up and telling you problems she faces on a daily basis. I just read through some of these posts and see the amount of defensiveness, or straight on the attack that women do it too which completely misses the point that statistically next to nothing in comparison. How can you live alongside women and never pay attention to this? How can this not be as close to your hearts as it is for me? We are your lovers, your sisters, your daughters and your mothers, and we have to deal with sexual harassment from ages as young as 12 or less because we are women. Many of us have to deal with sexual advances before we are even physically or mentally ready for sex, sometimes from men much older than us. Many women do not speak openly of such things because they can't handle the backlash and the defensiveness that comes with it. But it does happen, and I have enormous respect for those men who do not turn a blind eye to it and do not try to defend it or use it as a way to fight back and change the subject. I hope one day some of the guys posting here will evolve into those men, but right now not much is showing me that you can have a reasonable discussion about this without trying to derail it. (women falsely accusing men is nothing to do with rape culture btw and is a common derailment)
worst. emotional plea. ever.

Now with the things you have personally shared, I can feel empathy towards you for that.

When you start talking about a broad cultural movement, I prefer the whole culture to be taken into consideration. For you to attempt to shut out other voices with claims of derailment makes me wonder if you aren't trying to hog the victimhood a bit.

I have had several women over the years share stories like you yours. I have had no trouble feeling empathy, and even anger, after listening to them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day-care_sex-abuse_hysteria

• Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U
How embarrassing. So you were just button mashing. What a clown.

Lmao. Quite a few people in this thread have had their posts disagreed with, but they didn't throw a tantrum about it or call names like you're doing. This is usually the part where I say...relax and have a Snickers. :)

This is a good list and worth a read.
These two points had been brought up earlier with the fear many men feel at the idea of being falsely accused of rape. Here is how unlikely this is, and also how rare it is for rapists to go to jail.

21. Assuming that false reporting for sexual assault cases are the norm, when in reality, they’re only 2-8%, which is on par with grand theft auto.

22. Only 3% of rapists ever serving a day in jail.

So if you really didn't do anything you're pretty safe. And as there seems to be a bit of victim blaming here, I could say don't sleep with or go near women if you think they might accuse you of rape. Don't go to nightclubs where you might be wrongfully accused of ass grabbing. Don't walk down a street where there are no witnesses and a woman could claim you raped/assaulted her. Always go places with a friend. Don't spend time with women alone. Don't have sex with any woman. Be careful that your clothing choices doesn't make you look like a predator. I mean, if you're really worried about being falsely accused.

Also...
24. 1-in-5 women and 1-in-71 men having reported experiencing rape.

These two points had been brought up earlier with the fear many men feel at the idea of being falsely accused of rape. Here is how unlikely this is, and also how rare it is for rapists to go to jail.

21. Assuming that false reporting for sexual assault cases are the norm, when in reality, they’re only 2-8%, which is on par with grand theft auto.

So if you really didn't do anything you're pretty safe. And as there seems to be a bit of victim blaming here, I could say don't sleep with or go near women if you think they might accuse you of rape. Don't go to nightclubs where you might be wrongfully accused of ass grabbing. Don't walk down a street where there are no witnesses and a woman could claim you raped/assaulted her. Always go places with a friend. Don't spend time with women alone. Don't have sex with any woman. Be careful that your clothing choices doesn't make you look like a predator. I mean, if you're really worried about being falsely accused.

Also...
Who is blaming victims?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Booty_4U

Also...

The problem is you can't just be fixated on rape when it comes to the law with numbers. Sodomy was separate from rape at least in the US till 2013.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/rape-addendum/rape_addendum_final

Sodomy and Sodomy with an object aren't separated by gender so we will never know how those numbers correlate.

Again nobody said they assumed false reporting is the norm. They are saying that social damage from accusation is the danger. Even if the charges are quickly dropped massive damage to a reputation can be done. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...rape-fears-permanent-stigma-article-1.2546010

Also please stop making these baseless statements about the lack of empathy in men. Men have as much emotional range as a women. How we use and deal with our emotions are completely different. No male here has spoken as an expert of the female emotion so please don't put yourself up as a expert on male emotions.

Rape culture to me is where the culture of a group can lead to rape. The movie 'the accused' expresses most of the issues quite accurately, both the observers and active participants as well as a victim who behaved recklessly within a psychologically weak group.
Prisons, certain party scenes, certain religious/ cultural views definitely seem to have a strong rape culture in the same way certain groups are prone to a bullying culture, or drug taking culture.

The term rape culture is only used to assess the causes of where rape tends to come from. I am sure historically spousal rape is the most common form of rape by men against women, it likely still is and just as invisible.
In terms of it existing as a real cultural entity, I think it can do; I also think both men and women are complicit in it. I am not sure that we can do much about the threat of it without disabling many of our sexual practices (For example, you would have to completely kill off the alpha male thing, and any attraction women have for the type). I think the best we can hope for is to develop better control of our actions, and increase our empathy for each other.

My belief in the possibility of a rape culture comes from my experience as a teen leading to a gang rape situation. It was only one empathetic act, and a little luck that prevented the girl from being raped by the 7 of us. The girl was drunk and having a great time until she lost control of the 6 guys she was flirting with. They lost respect for her due to her sexual manipulation of the 7th, he was the one who stopped it by refusing to breach consent in such an obvious manor. We threw her clothes back on, let her pass out, and took care of her until she woke up.

If you start off a post being condescending it can make it hard to be open to reading on

Wordplay, I was going for being jokey rather than condescending. The word emasculated is a derogatory word which comes from having your balls removed. In the context you used it with mugging... Well, it didn't really have relevance to being about masculinity. Why would being mugged make you less masculine? Unless you're implying that only women are able to be victims because we're weaker somehow? But I'm sure that is not what you think. I don't see how anyone could steal your masculinity unless they actually stole it.
Also, statistically men are more likely to be victims of violent crime so I'm really not sure why it'd have anything to do with your gender.

I am sorry for coming across harsh. Though it's commonly used, the word is pretty offensive in its implications. IMO just as much to men as to women.

When you start talking about a broad cultural movement, I prefer the whole culture to be taken into consideration. For you to attempt to shut out other voices with claims of derailment makes me wonder if you aren't trying to hog the victimhood a bit.

My claims of derailment are because the subject is rape culture. A subject that commonly gets shut down when men consistently bring up cases where a woman has lied about rape. It is very hard to have a discussion about something when people consistently focus on a tiny percentage loosely connected to the subject rather than the problem at hand. It comes across as being defensive rather than listening and talking about it rationally. That it is being brought up is an example of rape culture in motion, yet it is not being brought up as an example.
It is not "hogging victimhood". It is that this discussion is not about a tiny percentage of men who get falsely accused of rape. There are plenty of discussions that talk about other issues such as that. And no, it does not matter whether it's men or women who get raped, it is all equally bad. Women are more commonly focused on as they account for about 90% of rapes. But it's fucked up whoever gets raped, I don't think I've said anything implying that it wouldn't be as bad if it happened to a man than a woman. You are putting words in my mouth based on your own assumptions. All I am saying is that it is a subject which often gets derailed, and it gets pretty old seeing as it's something that effects 1 in 5 women. It's nearly impossible to move forwards and try to help victims convict their rapist when people continuously repeat these rare cases. This is why it's difficult to get a conviction, because the jury doesn't want to risk a mans life even if there is sufficient evidence, just in case she's the tiny percentage who is falsely accusing. I did not mean it as an attack on you, just that it gets really tiring when you've worked with victims day to day and see a lot of this stuff first hand.

And in your scenario, if you told a friend to walk to your house on their own and they got raped, would that be your fault or the rapists? You are saying an extreme scenario and asking me to speculate on how morally wrong it is. Awful yes if it led to those events, but we could carry on all day with extreme "what ifs?" and it would never prove a point. You might as well say to a rape victim that it's their fault if the rapist suffers pain in prison or kills himself. Would you then call them a murderer? Seriously, this is pointless speculation.

Oh also, when I talk about lack of empathy in "men". I do not mean "all men". I mean some of the guys who've posted here has seemed pretty crass and looking at it from a very one sided view, being defensive and making it seem like a women vs men. It is NOT women vs men. It is something that effects all of us. You are projecting.

Lmao. Quite a few people in this thread have had their posts disagreed with, but they didn't throw a tantrum about it or call names like you're doing. This is usually the part where I say...relax and have a Snickers. :)

Hardly a tantrum. I just enjoy pointing out how embarrassing some can be and was attempting to have an adult conversation. I'm fully aware that adult conversations aren't your thing so I'll just agree to disagree because trying to have a conversation with you is a guaranteed headache. Please continue to be an embarrassment to anything you represent, I need the chuckles.

Why would being mugged make you less masculine? Unless you're implying that only women are able to be victims because we're weaker somehow? But I'm sure that is not what you think. I don't see how anyone could steal your masculinity unless they actually stole it.

I think you are reading things that arent there with the 'only women can be victims' part...

Anyway - this happens because of the macho image that men are usually raised in, which includes the belief that if you can't defend yourself you are weak and hence not a 'real man'. And for most men, being victim of a crime like mugging and being unable to do anything to prevent it is the first realisation that we're not as invulnerable as we've been made to believe, which leads to this belief that you are less of a man because of that.

Rape culture just means that we are a group that has created an environment favorable to sexual predators. So, trying to disprove it with the idea with the persecution of the accused, false accusations and female criminals doesn't work. Those things are part of why we are a rape culture.

-Men are easily victimized because we hook their masculinity to sex. If they're assaulted, stalked out, relentless pursued by a woman and they speak up, they're a joke (even if they're underage). Women are seen as conquests. There to be taken, never to take. And, if they're assaulted by a man, they aren't going to want to bring that to light (much like women).
-Women are easily victimized because of the way we're socialized, because of shame, fear, being "nice", not wanting to be disbelieved, not wanting to look weak, not wanting to disappoint their loved ones who've warned them to avoid being that dang girl.
-Children are victimized because we don't teach them about their bodies. We teach them shame (on top of the gross breakdown of families that's happening).

-When we try to talk about rape, decent men are told all men can't control their wangs, women who are being open and vulnerable are told they are lying, the 99% of men who wouldn't rape anyone under any circumstance get defensive at the victims and shout "not all men" when instead we should be shouting "where's that fucking guy". We also build rape up to such a huge thing that persecution happens (although hard to say a man whose accused of assaulting women has his life ruined when Mr. President is one such man). And, it becomes more comfortable to believe that women are lying because rape is the bad word. Meanwhile, the pool of people who want to abuse, carry on happily while we divide and disbelieve one another. Yep. Rape culture.

I think you are reading things that arent there with the 'only women can be victims' part...

Anyway - this happens because of the macho image that men are usually raised in, which includes the belief that if you can't defend yourself you are weak and hence not a 'real man'. And for most men, being victim of a crime like mugging and being unable to do anything to prevent it is the first realisation that we're not as invulnerable as we've been made to believe, which leads to this belief that you are less of a man because of that.

That's the point I'm making, I don't believe this is a healthy image to project though. It also stems from the idea women are weaker than men and should be subservient and men are strong and dominant. For example it is often used when a woman takes control in a relationship (or just takes an equal part in the decisions). It's just the irony of using the word in a thread on rape culture. While it isn't to do with rape culture exactly. It promotes some of the ideals which are thought to lead to the culture itself. And hey, maybe I'm being pedantic as though it's outdated people still use the word, but I don't see the word as anything other than offensive. As a woman being a victim of crime I also had to deal with the fact that I am not as invulnerable as I believed. It didn't have anything to do with gender. It sucks being helpless. No one likes that feeling whether you're male or female.

Anyways, this thread has been derailed and doesn't seem to be going on the track of a reasonable discussion about the subject. People even seem to be throwing poop at one another. I feel like when a thread gets to a point that people who want to have an actual discussion pm me because they don't want to get involved with a public pissing contest it's time to get out as nothing informative is happening here for the moment. Cya.

Rape culture just means that we are a group that has created an environment favorable to sexual predators. So, trying to disprove it with the idea with the persecution of the accused, false accusations and female criminals doesn't work. Those things are part of why we are a rape culture.

-Men are easily victimized because we hook their masculinity to sex. If they're assaulted, stalked out, relentless pursued by a woman and they speak up, they're a joke (even if they're underage). Women are seen as conquests. There to be taken, never to take. And, if they're assaulted by a man, they aren't going to want to bring that to light (much like women).
-Women are easily victimized because of the way we're socialized, because of shame, fear, being "nice", not wanting to be disbelieved, not wanting to look weak, not wanting to disappoint their loved ones who've warned them to avoid being that dang girl.
-Children are victimized because we don't teach them about their bodies. We teach them shame (on top of the gross breakdown of families that's happening).

-When we try to talk about rape, decent men are told all men can't control their wangs, women who are being open and vulnerable are told they are lying, the 99% of men who wouldn't rape anyone under any circumstance get defensive at the victims and shout "not all men" when instead we should be shouting "where's that fucking guy". We also build rape up to such a huge thing that persecution happens (although hard to say a man whose accused of assaulting women has his life ruined when Mr. President is one such man). And, it becomes more comfortable to believe that women are lying because rape is the bad word. Meanwhile, the pool of people who want to abuse, carry on happily while we divide and disbelieve one another. Yep. Rape culture.

An agree click just wasn't enough for how good this post is.

Anyways, this thread has been derailed and doesn't seem to be going on the track of a reasonable discussion about the subject. People even seem to be throwing poop at one another. I feel like when a thread gets to a point that people who want to have an actual discussion pm me because they don't want to get involved with a public pissing contest it's time to get out as nothing informative is happening here for the moment. Cya.

I gave up once they started flinging shit everywhere. Not trying to have a conversation with adults that express themselves with fecal matter.

Rape accusations don't always ruin people's lives... in my small town there are multiple convicted rapists & pedophiles. And no one says shit to them. They own businesses. They shop in grocery stores, go swimming at the pool, and have families just like "regular" people.

How many people do you know, who were molested or raped? Do you ever ask? When I was molested, I started talking about it and found out that the majority of people I know, all genders, ages, races, have been sexually assaulted. There's got to be so many rapists who will never go to court, who will never have to face what they did. Rape victims are called liars, goldiggers, homewreckers, sluts, etc while the (ACTUAL) rapists navigate throughout life unscathed. People who know the accused often say things like "they're a good person" because they don't want the truth to be real. And then there's the people who don't know the rapist in real life, yet support the accused's "innocence until proven guilty" meanwhile they insinuate that the victim is probably a liar. Maybe these rapist supporters have done questionable things in the past, so they don't want things like groping to become "rape", because then that means they have to face the fact that they have done bad things and weren't a "good person"? IDK

But the fact remains that there are rapists living "normally" among us.

And seriously; anyone who doesn't think groping isn't as fucked up as rape is, must not have been groped against their will lol. I think gropers/molesters have the same rapey mindset... the offender wants to take something from you, that you don't want to give them. When I was being held down and molested, I thought I would be raped for sure, and that if I tried to fight I could end up dead (because how many women end up dead for saying no!?). That was over 5 years ago and I still have PTSD flashbacks. A few of the people I told about it, blamed me... the therapist I saw said to just pretend it didn't happen because it wasn't "a big deal" since he didn't penetrate me with his dick... so tell me again how "rape culture" doesn't actually exist and "everyone hates rapists"? lol

No, of course not, they are victims of false accusations...and should be compensated, and their accusers should be punished, but still it's not rape culture..

False accusations are an important part of the conversation on the so called "rape culture" because they are a direct consequence of it. Feminists have pushed this idea so much and the expectation that an alleged victim shouldn't have her testimony challenged, that at some point we started to treat rape differently to many other crimes. Instead of processing these cases like any other cases: demanding evidence before convicting someone, or giving the alleged perpetrators the benefit of the doubt, we are treating testimonies like gospel, convicting people without solid evidence, and ruining their reputations and their life prospects through character bashing in the media. Why? Judges are afraid to be called complicit with rape culture or misoginistic. And the media knows that cases like this will me echoed from coast to coast by the feminist propaganda machine and they crave ratings and clicks. So why the hell not? This is how a Rolling Stone article gets the faculty of a university to take severe measures against all the members of a fraternity based on hearsay, and how the lacrosse team of another university gets their lives ruined by one of these trials. This is one of the real effects of pushing a narrative that has little to do with reality.

Rape culture exists in places where the testimony of a man is worth that of 4 women. Places in which if a woman gets raped SHE gets convicted for provocation. Where the family of a victim of rape gets acid thrown to her face for dishonoring the family. Places where the prophet they believe in married a 6 year old girl and fucked her when she was 9 and reveals to his followers that there is no such a thing as rape because men can take whatever they want. Places in which if women arent chaperoned by a man from her family and covered from head to toe they are considered "fair game". And yet some feminists wear burqas in solidarity and admiration to this insane rape culture while pointing the finger at our free western societies.

Us? We put rapists in jail and sexual predators cant even live in regular buildings or close to parks and schools. We shun rapists and protect victims of rape to the extent that we are willing to put innocent men in jail just to not trigger the possible PSTD of a victim by challenging her recollection. We dont live in a rape culture.

I have a question about the topic, hope it's okay to put it here rather than it's own thread.

So, we know that rape and sexual assault are underreported by victims, both male and female. A big reason for this is that it's notoriously hard to prove a rape happened, especially if it's not violent (and that can sometimes be discredited by saying the victim liked violent sex or something). Most of us agree rape is bad and rapists should be punished.

When the Jian Gomeshi case happened (he was a popular media guy here, accused of rape by multiple women, was acquitted), I saw a lot of people saying it was a failing of the system and that we are letting rape victims down.

That specific case aside, it does seem like there's usually no point in reporting something like a date rape. Without evidence, the accused is unlikely to get charged and you might be seen as making a false accusation (either legally or socially).

So my question is, does anyone have suggestions on how to improve that? In a way that is fair and just to both parties?

Because I feel victims are often made to feel that there's no use in reporting (while also being told if you don't report, they might rape again and it will be on your conscience, or that if it really happened you'd report it), so rapists may feel more secure that they won't get in trouble. In that case, the law isn't serving its purpose as a deterrent. But I haven't seen any suggestions from those who say the system has failed on how to fix it without just blindly accepting an accusation as truth.

False accusations are an important part of the conversation on the so called "rape culture" because they are a direct consequence of it. Feminists have pushed this idea so much and the expectation that an alleged victim shouldn't have her testimony challenged, that at some point we started to treat rape differently to many other crimes. Instead of processing these cases like any other cases: demanding evidence before convicting someone, or giving the alleged perpetrators the benefit of the doubt, we are treating testimonies like gospel, convicting people without solid evidence, and ruining their reputations and their life prospects through character bashing in the media. Why? Judges are afraid to be called complicit with rape culture or misoginistic. And the media knows that cases like this will me echoed from coast to coast by the feminist propaganda machine and they crave ratings and clicks. So why the hell not? This is how a Rolling Stone article gets the faculty of a university to take severe measures against all the members of a fraternity based on hearsay, and how the lacrosse team of another university gets their lives ruined by one of these trials. This is one of the real effects of pushing a narrative that has little to do with reality.

Rape culture exists in places where the testimony of a man is worth that of 4 women. Places in which if a woman gets raped SHE gets convicted for provocation. Where the family of a victim of rape gets acid thrown to her face for dishonoring the family. Places where the prophet they believe in married a 6 year old girl and fucked her when she was 9 and reveals to his followers that there is no such a thing as rape because men can take whatever they want. Places in which if women arent chaperoned by a man from her family and covered from head to toe they are considered "fair game". And yet some feminists wear burqas in solidarity and admiration to this insane rape culture while pointing the finger at our free western societies.

Us? We put rapists in jail and sexual predators cant even live in regular buildings or close to parks and schools. We shun rapists and protect victims of rape to the extent that we are willing to put innocent men in jail just to not trigger the possible PSTD of a victim by challenging her recollection. We dont live in a rape culture.
Both rape & false rape accusations existed wayyy before "feminism" did. And how do you expect someone to provide evidence if there is no physical evidence?! You can be raped and not have wounds (obviously!?) which means it's then the victim's word against the rapist's. THEN WHAT?

The vast majority of rapists and molesters will never even be accused by their victims, let alone taken to court and convicted. THAT IS RAPE CULTURE. On the internet people act tough say they'd kick a rapists' ass, but when one of their friends get accused, they get reallllll quiet. (Otherwise we'd be seeing rapists getting beaten up in the news more often, don't you think?) Even straight up pedophiles have thriving businesses, attend church with their families, etc. In real life, people interact with rapists all the damn time, we just choose not to think about it.

Saying we don't live in a rape culture is just beyond outrageous to me. Yes, rape culture exists in other places and it presents itself differently than it may in places like the US. I could even agree that rape culture is worse in other places but that doesn't diminish the fact that rape culture is still real and alive here.

I just told a story about something that happened to me yesterday in Model's Only. I was out with friends when one of the guys mentioned he invited another person along that everyone but me knew. A female friend made a comment to me about this person being overly touchy and liked to grope new people- especially attractive women. She made a comment about keeping her boyfriend between he and I if he showed up. The first guy who mentioned inviting this fellow made some comment about, "oh, don't worry about it. That's just how he is." Rape culture to me is living a society where I am essentially told to just allow a man to physically touch me and be sexually suggestive because "that's just how he is".

Rape culture is asking a girl if she was wearing suggestive clothing or if she was drinking or did she put up a physical fight instead of taking her seriously when she says I was assaulted.

Rape culture is 3 of my male friends who were raped not being taken seriously. One by a relative, one by a coach, one by a friend. Not one of them felt okay coming out because "men don't get raped".

I was pinned down and raped at a high school party by an athlete. When later confessing it happened I was asked if I was sure I wanted to press charges because it would reflect poorly on him and he'd lose scholarships that he worked hard for. I was treated like I was inconveniencing anyone involved, not like the victim of a brutal assault. I was told that I would be ruining someone's life and tearing apart a community when I was the one who felt like my life was ruined. That to me is rape culture. Telling victims that THEY are the problem is rape culture.

Just because rape culture looks differently here than somewhere else doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And for the "guys lives are ruined by false allegations". Yeah, it happens and it's fucked up. Just like it's fucked up when people lie about other crimes. But the number of false allegations vs the number of ACTUAL RAPES is astounding. It's pretty sad to me that people rarely seem up in arms about the girls and boys sexually assaulted and raped every day but focus on the false allegations. You can be upset about both. But the small number of false allegations doesn't somehow cancel out all the real rapes and the fact that rape culture is still a thing.

Both rape & false rape accusations existed wayyy before "feminism" did. And how do you expect someone to provide evidence if there is no physical evidence?! You can be raped and not have wounds (obviously!?) which means it's then the victim's word against the rapist's. THEN WHAT?

The vast majority of rapists and molesters will never even be accused by their victims, let alone taken to court and convicted. THAT IS RAPE CULTURE. On the internet people act tough say they'd kick a rapists' ass, but when one of their friends get accused, they get reallllll quiet. (Otherwise we'd be seeing rapists getting beaten up in the news more often, don't you think?) Even straight up pedophiles have thriving businesses, attend church with their families, etc. In real life, people interact with rapists all the damn time, we just choose not to think about it.

1) There are evidences of rape if instead of going home to take a shower you go to the hospital to get checked. There will be signs of struggle, DNA from the rapist on you, and they will get an officer that will take your testimony on the spot. The problem happens when victims dont take those measures and instead go home, take a shower, and destroy the evidence in doing so.

And the problem with evidence isnt just a rape problem. It is hard to prove someone robbed you. How do you go about proving that? Many times you have to rely on the testimony of other people, if you are lucky a security camera will have recorded the event, but many times there are no evidences and little can be done about it. The police wont even take it seriously. I had someone break into my house, they stole my bike and my laptop and all the police did was send an officer to take a statement and take a look at the fence and the lock, they didnt even take finger prints. The officer said he would look for the robber but I never heard from them again, never got my bike or my laptop back. Someone probably high fived the robber for taking my new $500 bike and my MacBook pro later that night. Does that mean we live in a Burglar Culture? No, it means there are shitty people who do shitty things, limits to what the police can do and sometimes the circumstances dont favor you and justice is difficult to serve. It also means we should probably have better locks and fences.

Convicting someone of a murder is hard even when the authorities take it much more seriously. They cant convict anyone for muder without finding the body first. So if they are clever enough getting rid of the body they will never face justice. Does this mean we live in a Killing Culture? No, it means we cant just base our legal system on words.

2) The majority of ALL criminals will never be convicted. The majority of crimes are never reported. There are simply limits to what a legal system can do. Which is why smart people protect themselves and teach their children to do the same. I will teach my daughter not to walk home at 3 am drunk and alone or she could get raped. I will teach her to be cautious around strange men. Does that mean I would blame her if she gets raped? No! it means I care for her safety and want her to be safe because she is responsible for her own wellbeing.

3) In real life people interact with rapists all the time? Sure. We cant expect every single person to shun someone or to act according to our moral values. Also, people can change... a man that raped someone when he was 18, went to jail, paid for it and repented and is 65 perhaps should have the chance to live a normal life even when what he did 40 years earlier was atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.