AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do You Greet Everyone Who Comes In?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HarmlessSquirrel said:
I do like to be greeted by the models who know me, but I'm fine with it if they wait for me to say hi first. If it's a first visit, I don't feel "called out" (unless she does something to make it seem like that), but I'd probably be most comfortable getting a sense of things for a few minutes first. For this reason, I usually will check a new room out as a guest, then go back in with my premium account when I'm prepared to chat.

That is almost word for word what I was going to post! I am the same way. I will guest first and read the models profile before I would enter on my prem account. I'm weird. I am actually shy until I get to know someone. Then you can't shut me up.
:lol:

It's also why I lurked here for a bit before I signed up.
:cool:

HarmlessSquirrel said:
I'm weird. I am actually shy until I get to know someone. Then you can't shut me up.

And that, in turn, is exactly how I am. :handgestures-salute:

I'm sorta the reverse in some ways. I think. It kind of goes up and down for me. First, I'm a bit stand offish. Then, if I've determined I want to talk to somebody, I won't shut up. But then, when I realize that person might actually want to hear what I have to say, I tend to shut up a bit. Then I'll possibly get over that and not be able to shut up again.

Protocosmo said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:
I'm weird. I am actually shy until I get to know someone. Then you can't shut me up.

I'm sorta the reverse in some ways. I think. It kind of goes up and down for me. First, I'm a bit stand offish. Then, if I've determined I want to talk to somebody, I won't shut up. But then, when I realize that person might actually want to hear what I have to say, I tend to shut up a bit. Then I'll possibly get over that and not be able to shut up again.

I'm very much like that in real life. I can talk to strangers a mile a minute and people I'm close with, but the in-betweeners are the tricky ones. Makes me get a bit self conscious watch what I do or say, because I don't know how they'll take me.
But in camworld... I can talk to..like.. an emoticon... :shifty:

LuckySmiles said:
Protocosmo said:
HarmlessSquirrel said:

I'm very much like that in real life. I can talk to strangers a mile a minute and people I'm close with, but the in-betweeners are the tricky ones. Makes me get a bit self conscious watch what I do or say, because I don't know how they'll take me.
But in camworld... I can talk to..like.. an emoticon... :shifty:

Yeah, I think I was talking more about real life too. I don't think I've been shy about yakking on MFC. I also like being greeted by models and won't run away.

Reactions: HarmlessSquirrel
This thread is super interesting. I wonder if it's in HOW you greet people. I generally ask people "What's up" or something of that nature, but that is when people seem to duck out. Perhaps it's too real or something.

I might cut the question out and just say "hi <username>!"

Protocosmo said:
Yeah, I think I was talking more about real life too. I don't think I've been shy about yakking on MFC. I also like being greeted by models and won't run away.

The internet is a perfect medium for some of us, a) I can send my dick to people anonymously (OK, I'm kidding about that one, although some guys, sadly, aren't) and b) I can use my ability to communicate to sound like a decent guy to women even though I might not look like Thor, God of Thunder. Then again, maybe I do. :shifty:

AmeliaArcana said:
This thread is super interesting. I wonder if it's in HOW you greet people. I generally ask people "What's up" or something of that nature, but that is when people seem to duck out. Perhaps it's too real or something.

I might cut the question out and just say "hi <username>!"

It could be. When I was younger, I used to take people at their word when they asked me "How are you?" :oops: Don't worry, I grew out of that one. Yeah, it's possible you're just being friendly, and shy guys are thinking, "Oh no, she wants to hear about ME!"

HarmlessSquirrel said:
The internet is a perfect medium for some of us, a) I can send my dick to people anonymously (OK, I'm kidding about that one, although some guys, sadly, aren't) and b) I can use my ability to communicate to sound like a decent guy to women even though I might not look like Thor, God of Thunder. Then again, maybe I do. :shifty:

I'm relatively new to my current job. A guy there told me that I'm, "One quiet dude." I told him that I don't like to get started talking 'cause then I won't be able to shut up and can't get any work done. Ok, and it's a guy. I'm not terribly interested in talking to guys with their guy stuff and junk. But then there's a cute co-worker that I could talk to for hours. That kind of hit our productivity so we've moved it to email. :shifty:
As for talking on MFC, I figure that's the huge feature of the place. At least, for me it is.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
It could be. When I was younger, I used to take people at their word when they asked me "How are you?" :oops: Don't worry, I grew out of that one. Yeah, it's possible you're just being friendly, and shy guys are thinking, "Oh no, she wants to hear about ME!"

So, in college, there was this dude from Kansas in a class I was taking and he'd ask me, "How's it going?" every day. I was in a rather foul mood one day and asked him why he should care?!?!?!? That brought the poor guy close to tears. Holy crap! So, sometimes you still need to take them at their word.

Miss_Molly said:
MegansDude said:
If I'm in a model's room for the first time and the model just says hi, I do get nervous but I'm okay with that. It is when a model I don't know starts asking me some questions is when I do get very nervous and normally leave quickly. I don't care to be called out when I'm not ready to talk. Sometimes I am in deep thought when I first arrive in a model's room. It takes me a few minutes normally to get my thoughts together.

If we know each other for awhile, yea it's cool. If we don't, please wait for me to say something.

So you think I should shut up and wait for them to say hi?
I guess it depends on your room's atmosphere. If it is extremely quiet in the room, go for it. It might break the ice. After thinking about it, it's impossible for the model to know if someone is just deep in though and if someone is freeloading. If I recognize a model from ACF, I probably will immediately give her some token appreciation because if she is a member of ACF, she really rocks! I may try to do before she have a chance to say hi. :)

:D I guess I don't understand the whole concept of someone being "deep in thought" or otherwise distracted and then suddenly entering a chat room without first coming out of one's slumber. A loud greeting might help wake them up. :)

Nordling said:
:D I guess I don't understand the whole concept of someone being "deep in thought" or otherwise distracted and then suddenly entering a chat room without first coming out of one's slumber. A loud greeting might help wake them up. :)
Nothing helps me. I'm always in deep thought, sometimes I want to live despite myself. :)

I hate being greeted when I'm new to her room. I feel like it's the beginning of a sales pitch, and I usually leave immediately. I prefer to observe for a while to get to know her a bit.

I like being greeted if I've previously interacted with the model. It makes me feel like she remembered me. But I don't like when models greet every name that pops up or just go down the list of everyone in the room "Hi random01, Hi random02...."

If a model greets new members, it could be because conversation has died down and she is trying to revive her chat, and not just to sell us a pvt. Most models who have wanted to sell me use PMs.

The term "member" implies a willingness to participate in the community, and chatting, or at least saying "hi", is part of that. If one isn't feeling social and wants to visit a bunch of rooms, guest or basic is the way to go. If you find a room you enjoy and want to interact with the model, you can always log into your regular account.

Sevrin said:
If a model greets new members, it could be because conversation has died down and she is trying to revive her chat, and not just to sell us a pvt. Most models who have wanted to sell me use PMs.

hi bb
pvt bb?
you love me?
what do you like?
turn on cam
i need see big hard man

This is why the friends-only setting for PM is so useful. Got so tired of that stuff within the first 2 seconds of being in a room. :lol:

Reactions: Brad and Nordling
I used to greet new premiums in my room. Not like, every person. But if there wasn't much conversation going or very few people in my room I would get lonely and want to talk. Plus, you know, not seem like I'm a complete bore!
Now I never will again. NEW ones that is! It is just a tad embarrassing to greet someone only to have them leave immediately... I brush it off, sure, but I mean seriously I end up looking like an idiot. :p I wish that everyone that pms me would just talk in my damn room. Maybe I should set to friends only... But isn't that the prime way of getting privates?

Reactions: Brad and SerenaMoon
Missylaine said:
I used to greet new premiums in my room. Not like, every person. But if there wasn't much conversation going or very few people in my room I would get lonely and want to talk. Plus, you know, not seem like I'm a complete bore!
Now I never will again. NEW ones that is! It is just a tad embarrassing to greet someone only to have them leave immediately... I brush it off, sure, but I mean seriously I end up looking like an idiot. :p I wish that everyone that pms me would just talk in my damn room. Maybe I should set to friends only... But isn't that the prime way of getting privates?

When I was new to the site I would ask random models to go private with me, and some of them had PMs set to friends or turned off. After checking their profiles I would just ask if they were interested in public chat, or in a tip note. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Depends on my mood. Usually I'll pick and choose at random and sometimes (this usually backfires) I'll greet people with really awesome/funny/unique names and add something about how I like their screen name. Surprisingly, this freaks most people out. And if they've been in my room before I always say hello unless they've told me otherwise. I always figured if you didn't want to be acknowledged why would you come into a chatroom (excluding the promise of naked lady bits)? o_O

I try not to say hello to everyone, but I do say hello first way too often.

I tend to say hello to specific members when I'm sitting there on SM and they're staring at me doing nothing.

On MFC I don't mind the silent members, because it's a public show and I'm usually doing something they can gawk at. On SM, I do nothing until I'm taken private. So, why would this guy just sit there and stare. O_O It creeps me out. I understand if he's trying to make a decision about me, or what. And often, he's the only one in my room so it's not like I can pretend to be talking to someone else. So I say hi. And then when he doesn't respond, I just read ACF until the next wave of members comes in.

:p It seems like I get waves of members in my room. 5-10 at a time, about every three or four minutes on SM. Don't know why.

Also, I'm hella new on SM.

Reactions: Brad and SerenaMoon
As a talkative member....I prefer not to be greeted.

When I enter a room for the first time I tend to hit the profile and read up, find some common interests (umm....besides bewbz), and gauge the personality. If I decide to stay then I'll say hi and/or something stupid (not as hard as you would think).

If its one of my ATF's...I still prefer not to be greeted, because I feel like Norm from Cheers.

I wonder if using a more generic greeting such as "Hello, welcome to my room" without even mentioning the members name/id would work better? That way they can respond if they choose rather then them feeling like they are being forced to reply.
:scratch:

The other thing that I thought of was maybe waiting a bit before even greeting them. I have often clicked on the wrong room by accident.
:confusion-shrug:

Missylaine said:

He can always ask you for a pvt in free chat. And if he has a special request, then allow him to PM you. But leaving your PMs open on MFC these days is just inviting a shitstorm of idiocy.

Reactions: SiaThunder
On MFC I'm kinda "meh" about saying usernames...just because there's SO many people there...but on Streamate I've tried to say hi to everyone...today, though, I decided to only say hi to the people I've spoken to before and I think it went decently well. I'm going to try to not speak until spoken to in the future and see if my averages increase.

I do have a question for the dudes on here, though. How do you feel when a model greets regulars with lots of excitement? I know when I see a regular or friend I'm like "OMG HIIIIII!" because I really like them/people in general....Does this turn you off/make you feel left out?

Reactions: TheProfessor
AnyaSchwanz said:
On MFC I'm kinda "meh" about saying usernames...just because there's SO many people there...but on Streamate I've tried to say hi to everyone...today, though, I decided to only say hi to the people I've spoken to before and I think it went decently well. I'm going to try to not speak until spoken to in the future and see if my averages increase.

I do have a question for the dudes on here, though. How do you feel when a model greets regulars with lots of excitement? I know when I see a regular or friend I'm like "OMG HIIIIII!" because I really like them/people in general....Does this turn you off/make you feel left out?

I can see where you're coming from. It's not like you want to do a roll call every time you sign on and keep saying hi to everyone in the room.

Personally, I absolutely hate it when I'm just browsing around different models and one suddenly out of nowhere yells "HI THEPROFESSOR". Makes me feel like a dick when I'm not into the vibe of what's going on and I leave 30 seconds later. Also I know some models know each other in real life, and I've gotten shit before about how I visited model A when model B was online when I didn't feel like visiting model B tonight. Members need to lurk too, darnit! Ah MFC drama at its finest. But obviously say hi to me if I say hi to you.

It's a tricky balance.

In terms of a fellow member saying hi to me, I don't mind most of them. As long as they're not interrupting the model by spamming Hi or something stupid. In fact, this kind of comradery is what attracted me to stay on MFC. I honestly never intended to stay -- I was going to be another troll and quit. But through time, I see there's real people here developing real friendships, albeit virtual ones. Granted, not many want to treat MFC this way and would prefer to just wank and leave.

:think: It's a tricky balance.

This is an interesting question.

On the one hand, I've definitely noticed that some people leave right after I say hello. I assume that most of them were about to leave anyway and I had no effect on them. I'm sure some, though, leave because they feel called out.

On the other hand if I'm involved in another conversation I don't want new viewers to feel ignored or like they're not welcome in my room. So I usually give a quick "hi so-and-so" with a wave or a sincere smile before returning to the conversation.

Guys, does it ever bother you if a model DOESNT greet you? I'm hearing a few arguments against greeting but very few for it. Some of you say you don't mind but that's not the same.

For reference sake: I'm a newer model who does not have legions of fans. My camscore is in the 1000-1500 range.

Guys, does it ever bother you if a model DOESNT greet you?
I'm almost exclusively a free-chat perv. If I'm new to her room, I'd rather a model said "Hi", than "Hi, Sevrin", so that I can be the one to decide whether you meant me or someone else, or it was just a general greeting. That way, I'm not on the spot. But I'd rather the model said "Hi, Sevrin" than PM'd me " :love7: bb, want to have fun?"

Reactions: Josie_Sky
Status
Not open for further replies.