AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do You Greet Everyone Who Comes In?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josie_Sky said:
Guys, does it ever bother you if a model DOESNT greet you? I'm hearing a few arguments against greeting but very few for it. Some of you say you don't mind but that's not the same.

For reference sake: I'm a newer model who does not have legions of fans. My camscore is in the 1000-1500 range.

I like for my friends to say hello to me, but I do not expect new models to do that for me if they are busy.

There's almost always someone from my friends list in my room, so I usually chat it up with them and dance until new people come in. When there's a considerable group of guys, I just say, "Hey new people welcome to my room!" Some stay, some don't.

TKLovely said:
There's almost always someone from my friends list in my room, so I usually chat it up with them and dance until new people come in. When there's a considerable group of guys, I just say, "Hey new people welcome to my room!" Some stay, some don't.
That kind of greeting is great. It doesn't put any individual on the spot, and if anyone feels like joining the chat, it provides an opening.

Sevrin said:
TKLovely said:
That kind of greeting is great. It doesn't put any individual on the spot, and if anyone feels like joining the chat, it provides an opening.

Thank you! And from your avatar I see you're from Quebec? Beautiful place to be.

"Je me souviens"

I usually don't like to be greeted first. Sometimes, I just wonder in, and I don't want to say anything at all. This doesn't happen to often, because I normally use the Lounge for this purpose.

I don't tend to say anything to individuals unless they're on my friends list and I know they're chatty. I don't like feeling like I put people on the spot and it gets awkward when they don't respond or leave lol.

JJasione said:
I don't tend to say anything to individuals unless they're on my friends list and I know they're chatty. I don't like feeling like I put people on the spot and it gets awkward when they don't respond or leave lol.

This. If I know they are the type to always says hi, then I will say hi first.

Not going to lie though it's really hard for me to not say hi to others who's name I recognize. I'm all "dum de dum wonder if they are gonna say hiiii to me. *twiddles thumbs*"

Hell, if I come in your room say Hi. Call me out by name. I might just start up a conversation.

I just hate it when I go to a room and type an innocuous "Hi" and just get ignored. And I'm not scared if you say hi first. In fact, I actually like it.

I can't speak for anyone else, just myself, of course.

I try to greet vaguely
"Hey guys! How's everyone today?' "I saw you new guys pop in, come say hi!", ect..
I've had quite a few guys leave after calling them by name, maybe because they're shy? Who knows.
Also, I hate butchering usernames.

I always greet my regulars by username though.

I was greeted (saying hi and introducing themselves) first in every room I currently frequent and contribute in and I suspect this wouldn't be the case if they hadn't have done so, because rightly or wrongly I otherwise assume the model busy or just not that interested/social (which is half of the appeal is it not?).

The basic principle should be that its nice to be greeted and made to feel welcome, as is a social and familiar chatroom a good thing; both of which feed off each other. If there's an active/social chatroom but no one to welcome newcomers to get involved, then this should be more intimidating to them than a simple hello ever should be.

I don't like to be greeted by name in a new room because, in reality, it's the intro of a sales pitch. I also don't like when a sales person greets me as soon as I walk in the door of a store. I want to look around a bit, get familiar with what's available, and make my own decision about what I want. However, once I have established a rapport with a model, I really like it when she greets me. In that case I know it's because she is glad to see me and not just because of the financial reasons.

I always try to greet every premium member if I can..
That way I can tell who is up for conversation and who likes to stay quiet
Every once in a while someone tells me how much they appreciate it and tip me, or get really excited and say that they've never had a model greet them before, so that alone is a good enough reason to me! :)

I used to greet every single premium that ever came in my room. I have a very good visual memory and could almost remember if anyone came in more than once, so I would say welcome back. Most people never responded, or say hello, how are you, and leave. Rarely they would stay and chat.

I got tired of always saying hi to everyone after a year of doing so. Now I notice far more people stay in my room. It is insane.

I only say hello if you are on my friends list, you frequent my room and the conversation, or have tipped before. If you come in and never say a word, I won't bother you.

I do a general "Hai Everybody!" every so often

Relevant pic:
itSROP2.jpg

I only greet members by name if they have an interesting/funny username I must comment on, or if they are regulars. It wouldn't be realistic to greet every single member by name because then my room would just be me reading out names and saying hi. Also some guys get scared and leave when you call them out by name, it's like noo don't run away :(

I will also mention members by name if they have been lurking at great length because at that point it's just awkward.

Reactions: Gen
AryaRoses said:
I do a general "Hai Everybody!" every so often

Relevant pic:
itSROP2.jpg

I will also mention members by name if they have been lurking at great length because at that point it's just awkward.

This, I just do a general hi new people, how are you?

I feel like some people just like to watch without having any attention brought to them so I'm quite cautious of that and tend to do more of a "hey everyone!" or "how's everybody doing today?" rather than calling individual people out by name.
I'll always say hi as soon as somebody greets me in chat though, and as soon as I spot somebody who's chatted to me before in my room I say hi because I know they're not so likely to be spooked by the greeting:)

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I was thinking more about this. There are really two aspects to this question:

1. Do people like to be greeted when they enter the room?
2. Does greeting people generate more revenue?

I think all of us would say that we don't like being greeted by assertive sales people in stores, but it could be that strategy generates more sales. Maybe the same is true on MFC? Personally, I don't think so.

One strategy that I think can work with new people is if the model checks out their profile and then brings the discussion around to some of their interests. For example, if their profile talks about dogs, motorcycles, a band, etc. then bring that up in conversation indirectly. That is, rather than saying "so newguy01, I see you like motorcycles", instead say "I think guys who ride motorcycles are so hot". This will allow him to have an easy way to enter the conversation.

On Chaturbate, I always would. On MFC (tried it for the first time last night), I tried to greet everyone but I was overwhelmed with PMs and the only people talking in Public chat were beggers telling me to forget my goals and get naked to attract more people.
I do like to be friendly and outgoing though and I love conversation, it's just hard to keep up a conversation when everyone wants to privately chat.

MissRemilia said:
On Chaturbate, I always would. On MFC (tried it for the first time last night), I tried to greet everyone but I was overwhelmed with PMs and the only people talking in Public chat were beggers telling me to forget my goals and get naked to attract more people.
I do like to be friendly and outgoing though and I love conversation, it's just hard to keep up a conversation when everyone wants to privately chat.
PMs are good for killing chat in your room. I'd suggest setting them to friends only, and then figuring out who your friends are based on how they behave in public chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.