AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

do you guys think

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys think it will pick up next month?
Yes, usually last 2 weeks of January are slow for live cam. My clip sales and content have been fairly steady though. But, every year I see a dip last few weeks of Jan (in Live stream income - going on 10 years now), then it picks up. People get taxes on their mind and stop spending (I think? I'm not sure how it works, taxes don't affect my spending at all, but other people seem to be affected by it). That's what credit's for BBs lol :party: Hang in there girl 💚

(this post was brought to you by too much caffeine, but it is factually accurate given my experiences anyways).

Last edited:
Yes, usually last 2 weeks of January are slow for live cam. My clip sales and content have been fairly steady though. But, every year I see a dip last few weeks of Jan (in Live stream income - going on 10 years now), then it picks up. People get taxes on their mind and stop spending (I think? I'm not sure how it works, taxes don't affect my spending at all, but other people seem to be affected by it). That's what credit's for BBs lol :party: Hang in there girl 💚

(this post was brought to you by too much caffeine, but it is factually accurate given my experiences anyways).
Its been slow since Mid December for me. I talked to a few girls they said the same. Just wish I didn't screw up so many years and actually save more money lol for slow times like this.

Its been slow since Mid December for me. I talked to a few girls they said the same. Just wish I didn't screw up so many years and actually save more money lol for slow times like this.
Slow times do really suck, I had literally never thought about people buying things on credit before it was mentioned here but it makes sense why these two months kind of sucked.. I also found august and start september to be a struggle some years, not sure if this is still the case though, might be worth saving for if someone know it's still a thing :)

Slow times do really suck, I had literally never thought about people buying things on credit before it was mentioned here but it makes sense why these two months kind of sucked.. I also found august and start september to be a struggle some years, not sure if this is still the case though, might be worth saving for if someone know it's still a thing :)
I put two utility bills on my credit card so I would have grocery money. Really sucks when a whale beaches themselves over stupid, petty, bullshit reasons. To the point it rocked my confidence so hard I haven't been able to post on OF at all this month, losing money there too.

I put two utility bills on my credit card so I would have grocery money. Really sucks when a whale beaches themselves over stupid, petty, bullshit reasons. To the point it rocked my confidence so hard I haven't been able to post on OF at all this month, losing money there too.
it REALLY does.. and I'm sorry to hear, you have been in the business for quite a bit.. you're good enough to get through this! I believe in that at least! you will get that confidence back I'm sure :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
it REALLY does.. and I'm sorry to hear, you have been in the business for quite a bit.. you're good enough to get through this! I believe in that at least! you will get that confidence back I'm sure :)
"When the dust settled, she met the newest version of herself."

💜 Thank you for the kind words. I'm a pretty tough cookie, need a few attagirls and I'll get back in the saddle.

I wanted to start a thread about it and though it would be therapeutic for me probably wouldn't help anyone here, or maybe it would. IDK

Seems like CB users pick fights with models when they overspend and try to make it the model's fault.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Ozzie_

💜 Thank you for the kind words. I'm a pretty tough cookie, need a few attagirls and I'll get back in the saddle.

I wanted to start a thread about it and though it would be therapeutic for me probably wouldn't help anyone here, or maybe it would. IDK

Seems like CB users pick fights with models when they overspend and try to make it the model's fault.
Honestly.. if it would make you feel any better, you should just start the thread in my opinion.. I think it's okay to vent here sometimes.. I also just stopped talking to a model that I talked to for 8 months and had met up with etc and thought about starting a thread, but I also ended up never doing it, because well.. it was maybe also my own fault xD

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
Honestly.. if it would make you feel any better, you should just start the thread in my opinion.. I think it's okay to vent here sometimes.. I also just stopped talking to a model that I talked to for 8 months and had met up with etc and thought about starting a thread, but I also ended up never doing it, because well.. it was maybe also my own fault xD
I'll give it some shower thought, if I do post it feel free to jump in with your own story if you want.

Reactions: Wuggie
Thats how they are. It's so annoying. I found OF difficult. I make living off of camming but couldn't off of OF.
I use DAVE or Cashapp to borrow if needed. I am trying not to charge on my CC for credit score :/

No alot guus do that even on MFC. They try to guilt you for their not having self control lol

As a member, something I've observed is that there is something weird about Tuesdays. Consistently the slowest looking day from the outside looking in. So I can imagine a Tuesday at the end of January is doubly grim. Keep battling on.

getting slow is inevitable. it fucking sucks. sites might not be as popular as they were before. the economy goes up and down. holidays or life events. there will sometimes be an outside factor that is totally out of your control that is negatively effecting income. usually when it slows down thats a sign for me to change some things.

learning how to adapt new sales techniques- like making adjustments to your hustle. for example; restructuring countdowns to changing up your look. i once got bangs, and was mistaken as a new model lol. adding additional sites can help direct traffic to your main camsite. going on to other sites, people might follow you and sign up through your model affiliate links which you then return get a percentage of everything they spend on the site. i haven't streamed on streamate for over a year and still get anywhere from $50-300 weekly from my cammodels link. mind you cannot go onto competitors and advertise your camsite, but you can easily link your affilates in your socials. hey you may never see that user ever again but they sure do love spending hundreds on hotassanalbb94 and you still get paid.

its also important to not take it personally. if you find yourself having a hit to your self-esteem or overall depression because being commission-based income is fucking taxing, please reach out to pineapplesupport.org. get you set up with a therapist to help you through this very stressful and tolling time. please take care and be kind to yourself :h:

Last edited:
getting slow is inevitable. it fucking sucks. sites might not be as popular as they were before. the economy goes up and down. holidays or life events. there will sometimes be an outside factor that is totally out of your control that is negatively effecting income. usually when it slows down thats a sign for me to change some things.

learning how to adapt new sales techniques- like making adjustments to your hustle. for example; restructuring countdowns to changing up your look. i once got bangs, and was mistaken as a new model lol. adding additional sites can help direct traffic to your main camsite. going on to other sites, people might follow you and sign up through your model affiliate links which you then return get a percentage of everything they spend on the site. i haven't streamed on streamate for over a year and still get anywhere from $50-300 weekly from my cammodels link. mind you cannot go onto competitors and advertise your camsite, but you can easily link your affilates in your socials. hey you may never see that user ever again but they sure do love spending hundreds on hotassanalbb94 and you still get paid.

its also important to not take it personally. if you find yourself having a hit to your self-esteem or overall depression because being commission-based income is fucking taxing, please reach out to pineapplesupport.org. get you set up with a therapist to help you through this very stressful and tolling time. please take care and be kind to yourself :h:
The affiliate stuff is great. I signed up with the affiliate link for the model I visit and it's like free money for her with no extra expense to me. Some great tips in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.