AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you lie about your age?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
How about a question for the members:

Does it matter to you if a model you are regularly visiting online lies about her age? If so, does the degree of difference play a part in it? 1 year, 3 years, 5+ years?

No, it does not matter to me. If a model prefers to hide her actual age then I'm fine with it.
:thumbleft:

MegansDude said:
Because of security reasons, I don't list my age.
Glad you mention security. Models give all sorts of details to members about themselves. They don't really have the option of just "not listing it" because they're asked about these details constantly, so they either have to make something up, or be honest. Depending on how accurate the details are, a really determined (and sick and twisted stalker) person could put them all together and possibly figure out personal info.

It's smart for a model to falsify their personal details (birthday, age, location, etc) at least slightly. Not so far off that it makes it difficult to relate or believe, though.

I'm honest about my age. When I signed up on MFC the thought of lieing about my age didn't even occur to me, to be honest :?
If someone has an issue with me being 22 instead of, say, 18, then I wouldn't want them in my room anyway, so it's all good :)

PunkInDrublic said:
AmberCutie said:

Does it matter to you if a model you are regularly visiting online lies about her age? If so, does the degree of difference play a part in it? 1 year, 3 years, 5+ years?
It can be annoying when a model who is clearly in her thirties/forties lies about being twenty something. Like, who you trying to fool lady?

Kinda related, I lie on pretty much all my accounts. When I first started getting shows so many models seemed to hate that I was kinda young. Everything would be great till they asked my age and then they'd get all weird. So I just say I'm 30 when they ask now and on profiles. 30+ didn't seem to mind the age but models 20-30 would get so salty about doing shows for someone around the same age. Never really understood why.
I'm guilty of this but only because in my experience, 100% of the guys who've said "im hot and young bb watch my cam" are all self entitled. "I showed you my cock now you have to show me something! Tip? What's that?" So now any guy who mentions how young he is immediately raises a red flag.

Of course if a young guy wants to do a show and doesn't expect free handouts then I'm totally game!

Btw I'm not saying that you specifically are self-entitled, just trying to give a model's POV.

RoseCavilla said:
I'm guilty of this but only because in my experience, 100% of the guys who've said "im hot and young bb watch my cam" are all self entitled. "I showed you my cock now you have to show me something! Tip? What's that?" So now any guy who mentions how young he is immediately raises a red flag.

Of course if a young guy wants to do a show and doesn't expect free handouts then I'm totally game!

Btw I'm not saying that you specifically are self-entitled, just trying to give a model's POV.
I get what you're saying but it isn't really relevant to my situation. I could never ask for freebies, just not my style. Its during pvt shows that they'd get all weird. And they'd get weird when they asked my age. Never really figured out why.

PunkInDrublic said:
RoseCavilla said:

I get what you're saying but it isn't really relevant to my situation. I could never ask for freebies, just not my style. Its during pvt shows that they'd get all weird. And they'd get weird when they asked my age. Never really figured out why.

I don't know why either. I like most of the younger men who come to my room. As long as they tell me they're 18 or over, we're on. I do get a lot of them who ask if I mind that they're younger, so maybe your experience isn't isolated. Maybe a lot of younger guys feel that way. I've had some younger guys who behave as RoseCavilla stated, and many who don't.

One thing a lot of younger men do that older men don't is ask for mommy/son roleplay. I've gotten better at simply saying, "Sorry Sweetie. That's against Streamate's rules. I can do stepmom, but nothing incestual." Some leave, some get a private, and some just get silent. Maybe that's why some women start to send a weird vibe.

LoriAmesLive said:
I don't know why either. I like most of the younger men who come to my room. As long as they tell me they're 18 or over, we're on. I do get a lot of them who ask if I mind that they're younger, so maybe your experience isn't isolated. Maybe a lot of younger guys feel that way. I've had some younger guys who behave as RoseCavilla stated, and many who don't.

One thing a lot of younger men do that older men don't is ask for mommy/son roleplay. I've gotten better at simply saying, "Sorry Sweetie. That's against Streamate's rules. I can do stepmom, but nothing incestual." Some leave, some get a private, and some just get silent. Maybe that's why some women start to send a weird vibe.
Man I hope models don't think all younger guys are into that. I just like women that are older than me.

members keeps saying I look more 18 than 23....

I even have this problem in rreal life...drinking age is 19 and liquor store lady once said I look a little to young to be buying alcohol.

so I guess there's no reason to lie. For models that do...its all about privacy and I'm a big thing a far as privacy. I lie about locations and never post pics that would connct me to real life fb n twitter. That's personal...

Ryidia said:
members keeps saying I look more 18 than 23....

I even have this problem in rreal life...drinking age is 19 and liquor store lady once said I look a little to young to be buying alcohol.

so I guess there's no reason to lie. For models that do...its all about privacy and I'm a big thing a far as privacy. I lie about locations and never post pics that would connct me to real life fb n twitter. That's personal...

When I was 24, a 16 year old coworker at Carl's Jr thought i was just 17. She was surprised when I told her. Your young face will definitely help as time goes on. Enjoy it. :)

Nope! I'm 34, but I figure why lie? I get the "You're too old for this" comment every once in a while, but in real life I get guessed anywhere from 23-28 usually. I think the only reason they know my real age is because I'm honest about it on my profile. I have a really bad memory too, so if I were to lie about my age, I'd slip up and say a different one next time someone asked. Plus there are plenty of successful models on MFC who are older than me.

I changed my profiles a while back to 26, which is.... not quite accurate :p I haven't really been on since then, so I have yet to see if it makes any kind of difference. Probably not, but I'm hoping the one thing it WILL do is cut down on the people telling me they don't believe I'm 31 (32 next month!) Such an annoying thing to keep hearing. Most people guess I'm 24-26 so I figured why not just let them believe that. Doesn't matter to me. There are a couple of people who have known me online since I was 19 and a few more who have known me since my early 20s. I'm definitely not fooling them, but they're not about to care either way. I'll probably end up changing it back. I'm a craptacular liar.

Im also a terrible liar.. I am honest about my age, yes I am 33 going on 34. yes for real..

Having conversations in chat brings up subjects that I like to talk about but I can't act like I am years younger, otherwise how do I know about these subjects.. just sounds funny so just keepin it real with people makes it easier for me. Yea I'm an old lady, but you should see what I can do in private :lol:

I am totally upfront and honest about my age...41 and proud! :happy7:

I am fairly 'new' to webcam modelling, so at first I had my age on my profile. I quickly noticed people still constantly asking my age...I finally said, "how old do you think I am?". Either they were bang on or totally off of the mark :) As a test, I have since removed my age from my profile. Still get the same question. If asked I always tell.

PunkInDrublic said:
LoriAmesLive said:

Man I hope models don't think all younger guys are into that. I just like women that are older than me.

I've never had issues with a member because of his age. I mean sure there are some younger dudes who are stingy and expect freebies, but there are plenty of older dudes who are like that too. Some younger dudes are self entitled, some older dudes are self entitled, I think it completely depends on the person. Quite a few of my favourite regulars are in their 20s. It's a shame some girls are put off by age, but then if you go for women older than you then maybe it's more about that. I'm only 22 so most of my friends are in their 20s, if I were around 30 I might be less tolerant of younger guys.

AmberCutie said:

I prefer not to be lied to, and being not-so-young myself, I'm actually glad to see it when there's a model who's older than the usual. That said, it's totally fine with me if a model doesn't choose to reveal her age. That goes for any other personal info too -- it's fine with me if she chooses not to reveal some things; I'd just rather hear a "no comment" than a lie.

So anyway to answer the question directly, it does matter to me if a model lies about her age but not because I wanted her to be that other age; it's because I'd rather hear the truth or nothing than a lie.

The degree of difference doesn't matter to me - it's accurate or not.

I do understand the reasons given for models making things up. I'm not going to get upset about it unless it's something that directly affects me or involves dishonest business practices.

Reactions: WickedTouch
I always think models should lie a bit about their age. One of the key pieces of info you need for identity theft is someones birth date. Since I think most models do some type of promotion on their birthdays, I think for security purposes I'd be cautious putting the real one out there. In addition to identity thefts camgirls also have to worry about stalkers. If your real birthday is say Dec 22, 1981, you could move your cam birthday to Nov 22, but I'd think having a 2nd 21st birthday would be better..

I don't... yet. I'm 29 but...I plan on staying that way forever... real life cam life whatevvs... :whistle:
when I started on MFC I was 27 and put 25 though. Don't actually care anymore. Some of my other sites might say 26 I think. But I haven't changed my mentality in like 4 years.

I often have a genuine and irritatingly young voice so people don't always believe me but don't see a reason to lie to say I'm older. Time to take up smoking again... :character-oldtimer:

I get some of the milfy stuff sometimes though. When personally in my mind I'm like "but I'm still so immature for children!" so it weirds me out a little.

Reactions: Gen and Heather
For various members out there, a certain age will draw a certain kind of mystique, seeing as how age is such a common inquiry of interest. I can see how age can attract specific types into a model's room.

Status
Not open for further replies.