AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do you smoke cigarettes?

• Yes

• No

• Only occasionally

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, I can't believe I've been smoking for 9 years now, though I've never really done it heavily and even had period lasting months where I wouldn't smoke. I never really keep track, but I suppose I go through about 2 packs a week (but I always give a couple to friends). Pall Mall Red 100's are my coffin nails of choice. I guess I choose to smoke because it keeps me wired and I can't drink tons of caffeine with the medication I take. The lil nicotine buzz can feel nice too. And I don't know why, but I almost NEED a cig while drinking or after a good toke. Guess I'm just a filthy addict, lol. :shy:

I started smoking at nineteen and it continued for seven years.

Eventually, I quit cigarettes and haven't had one in about four years.

I still toke the green stuff tho......lol

I smoked for 16 years and finally switched to vaping about 4 or 5 years ago after my wife gave up smoking. I used to smoke 2 packs a day or more, I feel so much better vaping versus smoking but I think it is about time to give that up as well.

I do smoke bud daily and have no intention of quiting that lol but I did buy a vaporizer about a month ago and am really enjoying it so far.

I do smoke. I don't like it any more but I am pretty addicted. I think I got down to about 5 a day within this year but that didn't last. I started in college in 91/92.

It was the weirdest thing, I am a freak/introvert (yay!) and didn't have any friends thru high school and my first two years of college, but once I started smoking in college (cigarettes and weed) there was a community of people that I found myself actually being social with. Smoking cigarettes and talking about life and the meaning of it and crap like that. We would do the travel the country thing...and live and bitch and love and complain and experience more than I ever had imagined I could given my predisposition in life.

After I moved away from that series of adventures, all those friends are trying to quit or have quit, or, in the case of my best friend, having a stroke and quitting because he was in a coma for weeks--he can't walk or talk right anymore.

The real problem is is that the cigarette addiction doesn't stop. It is sooo heavy for some people. I'd love to smoke weed, but, that stuff is easy for me to stop because I don't like dealing with the people that sell it, sooo I don't do it; Cigarettes are at every corner gas station and the feeling of fucked-up-ness when I don't get that first hit in the morning is soooo overpowering.

When I asked a friend of mine why he smokes, he told me it's because he just doesn't care about himself enough to stop.

I do understand this quote. Different strokes for different folks...but, sometimes actions based from self-worth lead to to consequences our bodies might not ever recover from. I always wished that when I was born I was handed a book to tell me what to do to live to a successful age...

Thanks for letting me vent, all. :)

I have been smoking for a lot longer than I would like to admit and unfortunately it's a habit that I can't shake off. Mainly because, well... I like it! I shouldn't. I don't like the smell/taste etc. But I enjoy it. I tried quitting a few times with vapes but I always seem to fall back on the good ol' cigarette. Also, I mainly smoke roll-ups, but I buy real fags every once in a while.

Reactions: JordanBlack
Hm I started smoking when I was 14 and I'm 21 now. Why did I start? Honestly I'm not entirely sure, I started smoking right before entering high school so none of my friends smoked then so it wasn't to fit in or look cool or anything and I sort of just kept it to myself. I think it most likely had to do with the fact that I was depressed then and was always interested in trying to feel different sorts of "highs"... not to sound like some sort of terrible addict or something but that's all I've got lol.

At the most I used to smoke about a half pack a day, I now only have about one cigarette a day and then more if I'm out with people/drinking... I'm definitely more of a social smoker then. I quit smoking once for a year in the past but that was when I was smoking more weed as well and hanging out with other people who were that way so I guess I was sort of able to replace smoking cigarettes with that at the time. I find it pretty hard to try quitting now because all of my friends smoke now though :/ what to do...

• Hugs
Reactions: n_i_c_u
Never smoked anything but a sausage. I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, and I hate weed. I'm glad my immediate family hated that stuff too. My current live-in landlord smokes, but she keeps it outside for the most part. One day, there was a really weird smell in the house, and the landlord smoked in the house to try and cover it up. That was definitely a day I wished I was working on a weekend.

Reactions: n_i_c_u and SoTxBob
It sounded like he was drowning inside his own body

I am so sorry for your loss. *Hugs* I can't go on without reassuring you that those sounds very exacerbated in those with lung cancer as they are mostly bronchial secretions. I'm sure someone, maybe a nurse or doctor or family member told you already but just in case no one did. Maybe there would be a little comfort in knowing he wasn't drowning on the inside. That is already so heavy what you had to go through. *More hugs*

• Hugs
Reactions: TacoBelle
I'm an occasional smoker. Every so often I like to enjoy one while watching the sun set. I find it relaxing but once I've had one I don't want another for a long while. I go through 1-2 packs per year.

I think the part that I enjoy is inhaling/exhaling the smoke. I've tried vaping and also own a hooka - but it's not something that I'd ever want to turn into a habit.

non smoker here. unlike some of the others here, I have tried it when I was 12-13 cause one of the older boys deemed a friend and I worthy to hang out with and he smoked. it seemed cool. I was curious. yada yada yada, he gave me a smoke, and it wasn't long before I was hacking up my lungs having a coughing fit and haven't touched the things since.
to this day, I haven't forgotten and keep wondering, given my experience, how in the world do people ever start.
besides that, cigs are $10 a pack here (BC, Canada), how is this affordable for you heavy smokers?

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u and SoTxBob
Another person who has never even tried a cigarette, here! My parents didn't smoke or anything, but once I learned what was up with them as a kid I just never, ever wanted to do it and swore to myself I wouldn't. I'm really glad that it's not something that's ever been in my life.

First smoke at age 12, didn't start regularly smoking until 17... I'm pushing 12 years now averaging around a pack and a half a day.

No one in my family smoked/smokes except for my maternal grandfather and my brother who now vapes. Since we're doing the "c" word stories, my grandfather who smoked cigars like a chimney for decades lived into his 90's and died due to an unrelated throat surgery gone wrong. On the other side of the family, who didn't smoke a day in her life, my grandmother was a lung (twice) and breast cancer survivor. Figure that shit out.

I smoke whenever I want one, I don't really keep track, probably fluctuating from half a pack to a pack a day now. I've successfully (as in more than 6 months) quit twice, cold-turkey, so I know what is in store when I choose to quit and that I have the capability - it's all a matter of timing. I'll quit when I'm ready; now is not that time. The physical withdrawal is annoying and shit but the psychological and behavioral retraining is the real hard part. I have never switched over to "substitutes" (vape, patch, gum, etc.) as I see that as just a way to feel like you're making traction towards cutting the chemical addiction when, in actuality, you're not. Plus, it encourages a feeling of quitting without addressing behavioral addiction (taking breaks, having something in your hands/mouth, etc.) which is, in my experience, the hardest part of quitting. It's like a red carpet for relapse. Just some thoughts from my own experience and those of my friends who have successfully quit: if you're going to do it, just take two weeks to detox and get it over with.

How I quit last time (and plan on doing again when the time is right) was to go cold turkey, clean all my clothes/sheets/everything that smelled like smoke, and then convince myself that the smell/taste of smoke is utterly disgusting. I'm talking Chinese restaurant dumpster at high noon in July disgusting. Get friends to help with that if you need it - non-smokers love it. Eventually your body catches up to your mind and it stops craving something it is now convinced is going to taste like a burnt asshole. Therein lies my perceived dilemma in facing quitting using vapes/shisha - who wants to quit delicious fruit flavors? (I just bring that up because my brother is trying to quit with vapes and failing miserably)

I live in the great white Northeast, close as you can get to Canada without your eyes losing their freedom and profusely apologizing in French. You can't smoke anywhere indoors... or within eyeshot of any human that disapproves, apparently... That is definitely a deterrent and frustrating as all hell, but I still know tons of smokers. Going to Vegas was utterly perplexing to me, the whole time I was just walking around asking people if it was okay to be smoking here in smoke-filled rooms. The concept of smoking in a public building just didn't process to me! :bucktooth:

I buy 2 packs of Marbs and a Monster at a time and it usually adds up to a bit over $20... so I'll let you guys do the math on that. Not a cheap habit in the least, but it's my only vice besides that nasty little compulsive arson habit, so I'll keep it for now.

Very interesting topic, thanks for bringing it up! The smoking world can be very foreign to non-smokers in today's culture, it's nice to see this topic approached from a viewpoint of genuine curiosity rather than anger or disgust.

Ive never done it, but I don't have anything against people doing it.
My grandpa was a heavy smoker when I was a kid, and some of my fondest memories were sitting next to him while he was having his morning cigarette and coffee and dipping oreos in his coffee. So the smell of Marlboros brings back A TON of good childhood memories.

So i like being around anyone who smokes those haha

I vape weed, and sometimes i use my other vaporizor for e-fluid, though I get it nicotine free. I'm already addicted to caffeine, I don't need another haha

I think everyone has a habit that probably affects their body negatively. Drinking, smoking, caffeine, sugar, fatty foods, eating a cow every day, running outside in the cold while it's raining could possibly be a bad habit.

I remember being told in elementary school that if you smoke two or more cigarettes in the space of a week, you're addicted omg you won't be able to stop.

I've totally had four cigarettes back-to-back while making clips. Not addicted. I was lied to in elementary school by the DARE people? What? Shocking!

I have never tried a cigarette in my life! Well, I've never actually tried smoking anything! I figured that I would most likely choke, gag, and then throw up, so I was always too afraid to even consider trying them when I was younger. haha

The weird thing is I've had several very real feeling dreams where I smoked a lot....

Nope and hopefully never will. Its an expensive and dangerous habit and I try my best to keep healthy

I first tried cigs at 16 or so, because my friends were doing it. Became a serious smoker around 18, mostly inspired by the social aspect, though this time as an opportunity to hang out and converse with other random folks that were also taking their smoke breaks. It definitely becomes a very strong psychological habit as well as a physical one.

Right now I'm trying to make the switch to vaping. I have no desire to give up the excuse for a break or the having something to do with your hands / mouth aspect, but it seems time to take a somewhat healthier route with it.

• Hugs
Smoked for fifteen years. I was one of those people that didn't give a damn about my health. I always figured I'd be dead by thirty or forty anyway.

I switched to ecigs three years ago and that pretty much just caused me to quit. One day I just realized I was barely smoking anymore (really I was almost forcing myself to do it)

Is been about two years since I smoked anything, now.

Reactions: BlairLuxe
Interesting topic! I had my first cigarette when I was working an already high stress job and inherited the insurance billing duties quite suddenly. I just wanted five minutes here and there where my boss-who was absolutely disgusted by the habit-wouldn't follow me outside. Maybe I'm one of the weird ones, but I loved it from the first one, but I was too proud to think it would become a problem in the future. Not surprisingly, after a while I didn't just want a "break" after spending half an hour arguing with Blue Cross Blue Shield. I really never smoked more than half a pack a day, though, and quit cold turkey for a partner. It was...doable, but I don't envy anyone who knew me at that time.

I crave cigarettes when I am drunk. That's the only time. I just have that oral fixation.

I am pretty sure I am still addicted to nicotine if I think about it this much but oh well. Luckily I rarely get drunk. I've probably smoked like 10 cigarettes this year.

I smoke since I was 17 years old . I've been against smoking until then , I was always criticising the people near me who were smoking but once I put my hand on a cigarette and was.. "love at first sight" . I keep telling myself I'll quit one day but we'll see :)...

Status
Not open for further replies.