AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you still have a landline phone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. Really only get calls from my parents and relatives on it. Comes with the cable/internet package so it doesn't cost much extra to keep around.

it's 2018 I have a landline and no mobile/cell phone :hilarious:

When I upgraded my package to include TV as well as internet, it also came with phone, so yeah, I got one last year. Before camming I was gonna do phone sex using my landline. I don't even know the number, and neither does anyone else. I only use it to call my mobile when I can't find it.

When I upgraded my package to include TV as well as internet, it also came with phone, so yeah, I got one last year. Before camming I was gonna do phone sex using my landline. I don't even know the number, and neither does anyone else. I only use it to call my mobile when I can't find it.

We rarely even connect ours. No one but scammers call anyway XD

Yes but only because I had to have it in order to get internet. I can't remember the last time I actually used it to take or make a call.

Reactions: A Little Batty
Yep! But I basically never use the thing. Much like in Aus, over here in the UK you need to have a landline to get internets.

I haven't had one since my mom cancelled it in 2003 when we only got calls for telemarketers and some "Sharon" person who apparently told NOBODY that she got a new phone number. Hell, the telemarketer calls were even for Sharon! We also got calls from her friends, family, just fucking everyone. So my mom added a second cell phone to her plan, and we had a "home" cell phone and mom's cell phone. When I was 15, she got me my own cell for Christmas in addition, then eventually the "home" one became one of my sister's, and she finally got one for the other sister, too. I've never had a landline as an adult, because what's the damn point, I *have* a cell!

No, I just have a cell phone. Trying not to add anymore expenses to the mix, since I'm already paying a lot for rent.

When I first moved into this apartment last year, the reception sucked to where people on the phone were telling me I sounded like I was underwater. I had to walk around to find a better spot. I haven't gotten that complaint in a while though,

no. haven't had one to worry about since i moved from my mom's in 2011. LOL.

My mom is half the reason I feel it is worth keeping around. Cell is for emergencies, house is if she just wants to talk. She is rather chatty and it is way easier and common to not answer a house phone.

Reactions: Anatomica Doll
I miss empty cottage cheese containers and a string, or the toy store walkie talkie that occasionally used to to grab a taxi frequency. That was a prank bonanza that no millennial could ever understand.
I would sometimes pick up truck drivers on my walkie talkie or nearby police. lol

I would sometimes pick up truck drivers on my walkie talkie or nearby police. lol

Reminds me of something that doesn't happen much with cell phones. With landlines sometimes you'd hang up and it'd ring - something about the switching. Interesting part was that usually connected you to someone locally or remote calling local. Got a lot of "hey Vern" neighbor contacts that way.

I had a very sweet and calming conversation with a mom during my freshman year in college. Hung up my pizza order, it rang, picked up and a different woman was on the line. What's this? Turned out a mom trying to call her daughter, we talked for an hour while I assured her the campus was on the up and up with security and lots of clubs for her interests. It was sweet, I didn't really know the campus much more than her daughter at the time, but I calmed her fears and we had a nice talk.

We hung up and I thought "damn, had a mother-in law buttered up, forgot to ask for the dauther's number". Anyway, goofy old landline era switching story.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Yes... literally an old-style one with a cord still hanging up on the wall. Not actually in use, but just kind of hanging there optimistically. When we got our most recent broadband installed, the guy actually said something about how it wasn't worth connecting it up to the landline, I'm possibly offended :p

Status
Not open for further replies.