AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does MFC still accept Visa and Mastercard gift cards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I used a Visa gift card a little while ago. Just use it like a regular credit card. It's great for not overspending on tokens.

To be fair, any child over the age of 13 can get a debit card on a child or student bank account (with their parents as signatories). So basically, a thirteen-year old could buy tokens online. However, most parents will look at the bank statements until the kid is older and more trustworthy. But it could happen. That's why MFC implemented the age verification pop-up when you enter the site. It's their legal safeguard against any kiddos whose parents find out and try to sue.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and JimsX
They don't. Guests aren't verified either.

This is something that creeps me out when I think about it. I'm not dumb, I'm aware that there is likely minors watching us at all times (which some might say is taboo to mention or acknowledge but I'm not going to ignore reality) but man is it creepy and uncomfortable to think about when I am reminded that it is happening.

@NerdieBirdie Yeah, I feel like they could at least kick guests like they do on a lot of other sites. Guests don't help the site in any way. All they do is sit there feeling comfortable knowing they don't have to do anything for a show. I really never understood the point in allowing them so much, especially when they have the basic option too. It just seems redundant really. :/

This is something that creeps me out when I think about it. I'm not dumb, I'm aware that there is likely minors watching us at all times (which some might say is taboo to mention or acknowledge but I'm not going to ignore reality) but man is it creepy and uncomfortable to think about when I am reminded that it is happening.
@NerdieBirdie Most parents dont put parental control software on their kids computers and devices. If there are minors watching you, its their parents fault, not yours.

Wow. This brings up a very good point as far as cam to cam/snapchat goes. Could we possibly get in trouble for viewing a cam or snap chat photos if they are?

I'm sure that is true of many of the guests and probably some of the basic accounts as well, that there are under 18's viewing... on many occasions, when they chime into the chat you can tell from the language they use that it is a minor. Sometimes when you hear them say something like "oh I'm just 15 ...etc", as a member I am really, really wanting the model to boot them out there and then!

@NerdieBirdie Yeah, I feel like they could at least kick guests like they do on a lot of other sites. Guests don't help the site in any way. All they do is sit there feeling comfortable knowing they don't have to do anything for a show. I really never understood the point in allowing them so much, especially when they have the basic option too. It just seems redundant really. :/

Yup, totally agree. I have mentioned this on a few threads before that I felt that guests should be given hardly any viewing time at all and similar with basics... give them 5 or 10 mins then a splash screen to direct them to sign up and buy tokens if they want to see more. I know that the "free" aspect of the site is a strong marketing ploy and pulls in a lot of traffic as a result, but I think that MFC fail to convert all that traffic into paying customers. When I see basics around who have accounts going back 5, 6, 7 years... I just facepalm at that!

My view has always been that the access of guest and basics to video stream should be restricted more... after all, they didn't buy a ticket, so they have no right to travel on the love train!

Wow. This brings up a very good point as far as cam to cam/snapchat goes. Could we possibly get in trouble for viewing a cam or snap chat photos if they are?

I'd like some more info on this. This is actually why I stopped following random accounts or ones I couldn't verify on Twitter. I was/am scared of the legality involved with it. If I were to directly Tweet someone who turned out to be a minor a nude photo, I am terrified there is a law that would bust me for being a sex predator. In my early months of MFC I'd follow all sorts of random accounts to gain popularity and followers but then was like, no, what if they end up being 12 or something. I had one person on snapchat who looked incredibly young so I asked for age verification and got a picture of his ID, he was 18, but in HS still (based on the snaps in his story) and that was weird to me too, but we've had highschoolers that are 18 cam on MFC, so its not totally unheard of or weird.

This is still something I'd like more info on.

Guests are allowed in the hopes that they become basics, who then become premium members. If they asked for an email address of every person to ever see the site a lot of people would never stick around, they would assume they would be getting lots of spam or something. Allowing guests lets people become accustomed to the site, and start to want more. Like a permanent name, or a regular conversation with a model.

Reactions: TacoBelle
@Shaun__ Yes, but they could just as easily get used to the site with random intervals of "Want to see more? Become a member!" The could do that to all free accounts, and chances are most would either keep refreshing, or just bite the bullet and join already instead of only lurking for years. :/

@Shaun__ Yes, but they could just as easily get used to the site with random intervals of "Want to see more? Become a member!" The could do that to all free accounts, and chances are most would either keep refreshing, or just bite the bullet and join already instead of only lurking for years. :/

They know what they are doing works, and I doubt they will change it. All the big sites do the some thing, they all want as much traffic as possible to get the gold from the dross.

@Shaun__ I work on Streamate where they cut the feed every so many minutes on guests. I wish it didn't say the model is in private, but at least they can't hang around without thinking about it all day. I and others find it works rather well honestly. They do have a free chat for guests, (if the model wants them unmuted) but it does seem to be a better scenario.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Shaun__
@Shaun__ I work on Streamate where they cut the feed every so many minutes on guests. I wish it didn't say the model is in private, but at least they can't hang around without thinking about it all day. I and others find it works rather well honestly. They do have a free chat for guests, (if the model wants them unmuted) but it does seem to be a better scenario.

Cams.com also redirects you to the sign up page after 2-3 minutes if you aren't logged in

I have only been on Streamate once, to visit a ACF lady, and I liked the quality of the feed but I did not like how the controls were. I just pulled it up and got the private screen after less than one minute, as a user I would go to another site. I joined MFC fast, but it still took me several minutes to decide to do it.

MFC and Streamate are very different places though, so my personal tastes are probably affecting things.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
@Shaun__ yup very different animals. Some things I like with one that I don't like with another. If they worded the screen different though, I'd definitely like it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.